Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Double Action / Reversing Candle 6"/9" Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Double Action / Reversing Candle 6"/9" Questions and Answers

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:05 pm

It may. If you suspect that is what is going on, then you need to consult with a professional rootworker in order to help you assess the situation and formulate a plan of attack that will work for your specific situation.

You can find a list of skilled workers at http://www.readersandrootworkers.org
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

midnight81
Forum Member

Unread post by midnight81 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:51 am

Hello everyone.I am new to this forum,and I am sorry if someone else posted this question before.I have a double action red,and black candle so I can bring love into my life.I read all about the candles,and how to fix,and dress the candle,but I was wondering.Once I light the candle.Do I light it a little bit each day or do I let it burn until it goes out? If anyone can help me I would be so happy :P

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:13 am

You can do either midnight81, however, burning it over a period of days keeps heat on the situation. A discussing on reversing candles is in this post (reversing-&-double-action-candle-questi ... t8768.html)
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

midnight81
Forum Member

Unread post by midnight81 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:11 am

jwmcclin

Thanks for that .I just have one more question.....If I light the candle a little eachday do I need to reapply the oil/herbs?

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:01 pm

I have only done reversal one way. Others may do it over the course of days, I'm stating what is effective for me. I dress the candle, and I work it, and I take care of business.
If you need some help, especially with reversal, contact a Member of AIRR:
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org
Good luck and take care.
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

StarStruck
Forum Member

Unread post by StarStruck » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:49 pm

I just finished my first mirrorbox reversal. I am "working" the box for a few days before burying it and the black candles I burn on top of it to work it are burning pretty cleanly. I also have a jumbo black-over-red reversing candle with the crabshell powder that is burning quite messily...tears "falling" down the side and pools of wax that are forming at the base.

The interesting thing to me was how the drippings began. I had carved my enemy's name backwards on the candle, and the first set of drippings spilled down the side of the candle and directly over my enemy's name, effectively crossing it out. It all poured down that side and thickened the "line" at first, and eventually began spewing down the other parts of it. Anybody have an idea what it could mean?

I wanted to smash the candle and crabshell remnants/mirror in the crossroads when I finished with it...I've been snuffing and relighting and tonight will be the last night.....but now I am wondering if I should repeat the candle spell. Is it okay if I go head and bury the box and then do another candle? Or is it better to keep the box out when I do the burn? Other than the questions I have regarding a possible repeat of this candle, I've been observeing some positive signs for this working. And if I do repeat it, same type of candle or maybe something glass wncased?

Thanks for all the insight.

prncss
Newly Registered

Unread post by prncss » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:27 pm

Hope you all can help - I bought a glass reversing candle at the store the other day and I am not sure what time of day or day of the week I should light it, nor am I sure if it has to be dressed...

The candle I bought is red at the bottom and black at the top. I do not know who is the cause of all of the negativity that is effecting my and those closest to me but in the last 6 months all that can go bad has. I have been told before that someone is causing this on me and I am very much ready to rid it from my life and get my life back on the right track. I would also like to know what you say when you light it.

Thank you all so much for your insight and assistance - it is greatly appreciated and respected.

tyler999
Forum Member

Unread post by tyler999 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:50 pm

Hello,

I have an ex that outright told me when I broke up with her that she wanted to curse me (she stopped short of saying she WAS cursing me) such that women would be repelled from me. She is a very powerful person whose Will tends to manifest itself powerfully even if she isn't intentionally meaning it to.

Ever since then, I can't seem to keep any women in my life. I will meet someone, we will hit it off, things will be going great, and then they will just disappear. I feel sort of like I am losing my mind - I can no longer trust my senses to tell me if something in is going well or not. It isn't my nature to automatically assume a jinx, but in this case I can't find any other logical explanation.

I am going to burn a double action (black and red) candle to repel any energy coming from either her or just my own internal fear that may be causing this. However, I want to know if it is possible to have the candle help neutralize the negativity while sending back love instead acurse or negative energy.

I know that if this is coming from her it is simply because she is hurting, and may not be intentional. As such I'd rather her just get love or peace back.

Could I dress the candle with a love-related oil and carve that particular intention into the side?

Thanks a lot.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:50 pm

If you don't want to reverse it then why do a Reversing candle? Simply uncross/cleanse and protect yourself.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

tyler999
Forum Member

Unread post by tyler999 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:48 am

I've been uncrossing and cleansing myself, but it doesn't seem to be taking. I thought that perhaps the problem was that I wasn't stopping the deluge of negativity coming at me and was getting overrun.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:53 am

If that's the case, then it's time for a reading and rootwork consultation with a professional rootworker to see what exactly is going on, and how you can get clear of it. You can find a list of skilled and ethical workers at http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:20 am

Tyler 999

I would put up some Fiery wall of protection as they could possibly be attacking you still. That is the missing piece. You need to STOP the negativity and/or if you are being attacked.

Then repeat your uncrossing and cleansing work. Do yourself, your home/space, and I would do it for at least 13 days straight, then once a week after that.

I would definitely check in with a rootworker to see what may further be going on.

www.readersandrootworkers.com

www.luckymojo.com/fierywall.html
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

thanks
Forum Member

Unread post by thanks » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:17 pm

hi

i believe i know how to do mirror writing. I know I am supposed to do it on the black part, but i want to make sure it is facing the right way.

1) If i want the word "ENEMY" on the black part, will the Y be closest to center of the candle or will the E?

2) Likewise, if i am doing the candle for someone named "JANICE," just as an example, I understand that her name is to be written normally in the red part. However I am unsure if the first letter of her name is closest to the center of the candle or if the last letter of her name is.

My guess is that the J is closest to the center and the Y is closest to the wick. Correct?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:25 pm

1) The E.

2) The first letter.

If you buy Lucky Mojo brand Reversing Oil, you will find the answers to your questions printed right on the label!

OIL-HOO-REVR
Reversing Oil
$6.00

catherine yronwode

thanks
Forum Member

Unread post by thanks » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:28 pm

catherineyronwode

When you are using Double Action candles to "reverse a condition" do you engrave, for example, "depression" in the dark half and "my name" in the light half?
or would the light half be inscribed with something more along the lines of "happiness?"

Sensuous
Forum Member

Unread post by Sensuous » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:32 pm

Would I be able to reverse a spell even if I DON'T know who cast the spell upon me? I have a double action (red/black) candle, I know there is a spell on me but I don't know who cast it. How do I reverse a spell when I'm unaware of the person who put it on me?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:34 pm

You don't have to know the name, you can just say "my enemy". There are some conjure workers who will never call a specific name into reversal work, just in case they are wrong - they leave it to Spirit to take care of things appropriately.

Sensuous
Forum Member

Unread post by Sensuous » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Thank you Devi Spring. Another question: What is a good day to do the red/black (love) double action candle.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:43 pm

I would say Friday would be a great day to start that candle. It has been utilized for love work. You can always check these "Days of the Week" questions here: http://www.luckymojo.com/planetary.html

CAN-901-DBRK
9" Double Action Jumbo Candle, Red / Black
$5.50

Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Sensuous
Forum Member

Unread post by Sensuous » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:05 pm

Thank you Joseph :)

Smiley_
Forum Member

Unread post by Smiley_ » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Hi, I love your forum, tons of valuable information. But i have a question I was not able to find the answer within the forum. I understand that LM products can be mixed but if I'm fixing to do a reversing candle "black over red from LM" can i add hotfoot products to this candle? Or should i do these 2 separate? Reversing then hotfoot another day? Thanks in advance for your time. :D

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:37 pm

We call that reversal and then some ;-). You can certainly reverse things back onto them while sending them packing.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Smiley_
Forum Member

Unread post by Smiley_ » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:08 pm

Thats what i was hoping to hear! Thanks!! :-)

Enquirer
Forum Member

Unread post by Enquirer » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:05 pm

"Butting" using the reversible candle I don't understand I have the black wax covering the red. Do I burn the top down, then turn it over? What if I don't know who the enemy is? I want to do this right. I have used reversibles before but I wasn't doing it right. I need to do it right.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Enquirer --

Your question has been merged into the long thread on double-action and reversible candles. As you can read in this thread, to butt a light is to use a knife to cut the tip flat, then carve a new tip at the opposite end.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:19 am

Enquirer: The great part about butting is that after you have done it 4 or 5 times it starts to come very naturally. Less than 7 strokes with a knife or blade and it's done! Good luck.
Joseph Magnuson

Enquirer
Forum Member

Unread post by Enquirer » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:25 am

I bought the black candle with the red wax inside. Do I need to buy the red and black one also? How do I use the one I have. How do I do the "butting?" I think I need to do some serious reversing. Please share some information with because I clearly don't understand. I think I am one of those folks who have been doing it all wrong.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:23 pm

No, just use one or the other. The black burns away banishing the negative conditions, and then the red works to draw in good fortune in love (or whatever you're using the red for).

Butting means you trim the tapered top off the candle, flip it over, and then carve a new tapered tip.

If you need more explicit instructions regarding your situation, or doing reversing works, consider booking some magical coaching with one of the AIRR workers so you can get the individivual attention you need.

For a good Reversing, you'd usually do cleansing/Uncrossing as well as Reversing, along with some Protection work for a complete working of this type that covers all angles of the situation.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:46 pm

...like that recommendation Devi...its full circle.

Agata

Unread post by Agata » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:07 am

Someone has been using a solid green candle for growth. The problem is what this jealous girl caused to grow was me. I cannot lose the weight.

After learning this I was thinking a green/black double action candle, but I don't want to mess up and find I haven't a penny to my name since I think of green as money.

1) Is a green/black double action candle something that would work to send the weight gain back?

2) Can I use one oil to banish the weight on the green end of the candle and another oil to attract my figure again on the black end of the cande?

Thanks for your answer.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:11 am

Agata --

1) I would NOT use the Green / Black Double Action Candle to lose weight. Weight is a health matter and so i would use the White / Black.

2) You just need Reversing Oil for BOTH ends, but you also have the ends totally backward in your mind. The black end is for your ENEMY not for attracting your old figure back! It is to send her spell back to HER. The white end is to restore your health and figure.

CAN-901-DBWK
9" Double Action Jumbo Candle, White/Black
$5.50

Please read the earlier posts in this thread so that you will understand how to but the light and how to dress it both ways, dacing in her direction and sending the spell back to her, drawing your health back into yourself, and then burning the candle on a mirror with Reversing Powder or Crab Shell Powder around it.

ZOO-CRA-SHPD
Crab Shell Powder Curio
$4.00

catherine yronwode

newbie2012
Forum Member

Unread post by newbie2012 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:56 am

Hi,

Earlier, I was burning a purple glass candle with a psychic oil and it burned cleanly but left white streaks. The only part that has no white streaks is a human figure. This is the 3rd time that I notice a human figure on any of my candles.

A reader said someone is watching me which is bad. He couldn't tell if it is a female or male. If it is a male, I would be easier to deal with since I would know who...but if it is a female then the only female I know is a witch. This bully invaded my dreams 4 times and I sweared she send a jinx at me this week because I felt the energies. Not sure what her poulty problem is since I have done no metaphysical work on her...yet.

I just bought a Double Action candle to reverse the work back to the unknown person.

My questions:

1) How do I use a double action candle when the name of the enemy is unknown?

2) How should I write the petition?

3) Is it better to burn a glass reversing candle from Lucky Mojo on the MISC altar?

4) If so...should I include my picture with petition?
Thanks.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:09 am

newbie2012 --

1) You write "Unknown Enemy" for the name of the enemy.

2) There is not generally a petition with a Double Action candle. You butt the light, then inscribe the two names on the candle back to back from the mid-point, dress both halves with reversing oil directionally (see discussions above) and burn it upside down on a mirror.

3) I personally prefer the double action candles burned on a mirror, and if i were you i would do this if you already have the Double Action candle and the Reversing oil to dress it with. However, it is a messy job and many people prefer that we burn glass vigil Reversing lights at the church -- and we are happy to do so.

4) Yes, sending your photo with your petition for the vigil candle is always a good idea, no matter what kind of work you are having us do.

This thread is being merged into the ongoing Double Action Candle thread. I know you are new here, newbie2012, but i am noticing that you keep on starting new threads about PRODUCTS in the CONDITIONS area of the board and you really are making a lot of work for us as we have to move your posts to where they belong.

Please look over the board and see how it is divided into sections on PRODUCTS and sections on SITUATIONS -- and if you are asking about a PRODUCT, as you were here, then go to the sub-section on that FORM of product -- in this case CANDLES -- and then find the thread about that specific product -- in this case REVERSING AND DOUBLE ACTION CANDLES -- and read the thread first and if your question was not already asked and answered, THEN ask your question.Thanks!!!
catherine yronwode

Star_princess
Forum Member

Unread post by Star_princess » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:41 am

Which is better for reversing love jinxes, the double-action candle or the reversible candle?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:48 am

Hi Star_princess,

Neither is ''better''. Both can be effective, it depends on how you prefer to work and which you're used to using.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Star_princess
Forum Member

Unread post by Star_princess » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:52 am

Thanks Aura for responding so quickly.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Star_princess --

Basically the two types of free-standing candles you mentioned (double action jumbo and reversible jumbo) originated in different parts of the USA sometime in the 1930s - 1940s to handle the same issues.

Then in the 1970s, along came the reversing glass candle as well.

In the 2010s the 6" double actions entered the scene.

None of these candles is ancient in design; all are very practical though.

I cannot tell you which is "better," but i can tell you my experience with them:

My training, in Oakland during the 1960s, included only the double-action jumbo types, with instructions to butt the light and burn them upside down. Because this is what i was taught, this is the method i still prefer. It is not "better," it's just what i personally have been doing for almost 50 years now.

I first saw double-actions being burned at both ends simultaneously, that is, sideways, in Texas during the 1980s. I have used this method. It's messy but fun.

CAN-901-DBRK
9" Double Action Jumbo Candle, Red / Black
$5.50

I first encountered the reversible jumbos on the East Coast in the early 1970s. I carry them in my shop but i don't personally use them, although they have many adherents who absolutely adore them.

CAN-901-RVKR
9" Reversible Jumbo Candle (Black Over Red)
$5.50

I first saw a good, well made reversing glass encased candle in the 1990s -- when i personally designed my own label to match my Revering Oil label and commissioned the candles to be made from a candle factory.

Prior to that time, the factory tried to sell Eshu candles (red on top) for reversing, but that was "backwards," because if you lit that sort of a candle for reversing, you burned off the blessings first and that left you with the curses!

I had to make pallet-sized orders of black-on-top glass candles to get the factory to pour them that way for me. Now black-on-top reversing glass encased candles are more widely available, due to my promotion of them.

CAN-GLS-REVR
Reversing Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$9.00

I first saw the 6" double actions in Los Angeles in the 2010s and was immediately excited by them and now carry them in my shop where they have met with enthusiastic sales.

That's just me, though -- others will tell their own stories of how they encountered this "family" of candles.
catherine yronwode

Agata

Unread post by Agata » Wed May 09, 2012 2:47 pm

[quote="catherineyronwode"]Agata --

1) I would NOT use the Green / Black Double Action Candle to lose weight. Weight is a health matter and so i would use the White / Black.

2) You just need Reversing Oil for BOTH ends, but you also have the ends totally backward in your mind. The black end is for your ENEMY not for attracting your old figure back! It is to send her spell back to HER. The white end is to restore your health and figure.

CAN-901-DBWK
9" Double Action Jumbo Candle, White/Black
$5.50

Please read the earlier posts in this thread so that you will understand how to but the light and how to dress it both ways, dacing in her direction and sending the spell back to her, drawing your health back into yourself, and then burning the candle on a mirror with Reversing Powder or Crab Shell Powder around it.

ZOO-CRA-SHPD
Crab Shell Powder Curio
$4.00

Thank you so much. I'm about to place this order. ;)

Enquirer
Forum Member

Unread post by Enquirer » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:15 pm

Hello again

I haven't used my reverible candle yet. But I need to. Been getting that feeling. Anyway when I cut the tip off and carve the other end, I put the oil on it, then light it? I know I have to say something when the black part is burning then something when the red part is burning. I am a little confused

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Read what is said on this page (http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html) to have a frame of reference.

Enquirer
Forum Member

Unread post by Enquirer » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:31 am

Yes I understand that but what I want to know is when I light it do I say the words for the black end then when the red part burns say the words for that end. The reason I asked is because from reading the information I realized that in the past I have been maybe messing myself up. That's all. I can't book any instruction with any of the workers as I am not from your area.

But thank you anyway. I have observed that some feel that it is so obvious. But when a person is trying to be somewhat cautious just asking for a bit of help. Thought this is what the forum is all about.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:19 am

This link should help clarify

http://www.luckymojo.com/reversing.html

And I dont think working with a reversing candle is obvious. I still get mixed up from time to time because it different from dressing a regular candle.

As you are dressing the black part only with reversing oil say something like "please reverse back all that is hindering, Please reverse back all the negativity" The link I put above explains its better.

If you are doing a half black half red, then on the red part you are going to dress with an appropriate oil. In this case this would be to unjinx your love life. So you would say something like "please restore and bring all the love I deserve to me. " Again the link explains it a bit better.

Hopefully that clarifies

Temont
Forum Member

Unread post by Temont » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:03 pm

I want to order some of the all purpose reversing candles but I'm afraid the heat might get to them before I do, are they normally okay in the summertime? I live in Tennessee

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:13 pm

The double action and black over red reversibles are made of dense wax and seem to ship well, even in summer, but the vigil candles have had problems during real hot spells. We can't predict the weather all over the country, so mostly we just chance it. Usually everything works out okay.
catherine yronwode

Temont
Forum Member

Unread post by Temont » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:01 pm

Okay. Thank you Miss Cat

Temont
Forum Member

Unread post by Temont » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:59 pm

One more question. I ordered one just to have, I'm trying to have what I need on hand. I was wondering how the 'all purpose' reversibles are used--inscribed when doing a reversal since this one is only one color on the outside.

DrJulie
Forum Member

Unread post by DrJulie » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:53 pm

Sebastien

I have this same question, yet in reading all these posts I have not found a clear answer .... Since the candle is all black (with the red inside) do you carve your name in the candle at all? If so I would assume in normal (not mirror) writing.
Thanks
Julie
Julie xoxo

marinakunis

Unread post by marinakunis » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:30 am

hey guys,

I recently bought my first reversible candle and i didn't realise you had to oil or scribe words into it so i didn't do anything to it and just burnt it. It's now reached the halfway black point. What happens if you just burn a reversible candle without cleansing etc.

Many Thanks
xxx

ProfessorAmes
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by ProfessorAmes » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:48 pm

Most spell recommendations have several layers to it. The purpose of having these steps is to help manifest your intent. They are generally practices that people have developed over time that they feel has increased the efficacy of the work. In your case, something is better than nothing. Be sensitive to how the work is progressing. There are still things that you can do to augment the work. You can recite prayers or psalms or do so more frequently. You can add herbs or talismans or other items at the base of the candle while it is burning to give it some more boost.

And if nothing else, when the work is done and you don't feel it's quite there, you can always repeat the spell and put in the steps you left out this time. There are lots of variations to spells and regional differences or difference in how each rootworker does it, so don't feel that there is this absolute. Keep with your intention and I have a feeling that this will still work well for you.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:50 am

I cleanse ALL of my candles before burning them. Candles made from a factory you never know the state of mind the person was making your candle. Sometimes the candles are physically dirty, and they have been handled through different people. So its like starting on a clean slate.

What does that mean if you didnt cleanse it? Well it doesnt mean your work would not manifest, but that negativity could effect your work.

As for not inscribing on the candle its how you direct your work, and intentions. Hopefully you directed it by saying a petition. But I would say that inscribing the candle is one of the fundamentals you first learn in doing candle spell work.

You dont need to necessarily do the above HOWEVER if you are new to doing this kind of work I would follow things to a T before going and cutting corners.

Sm2900

Unread post by Sm2900 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:15 am

Hi I was wondering if the red and black reversing candle will help with what was done to my relationship. Another woman crossed up my man and tricked him spiritually to marry her. Now that her mess has died his feelings have come back to me and our children strong. If I do a reversing spell with the red on top of black candle will she get back what she did to my family and worse? And will it take a long time for it to work or do I need to light more reversing candles?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:01 pm

This is a great situation in which to use a Double Action Reversing candle dressed with Reversing Oil. One candle may be enough.Some would suggest that you do three if the work she sent was strong or if you see resistance.

Be sure to also back up the work with strong love and peacefulness spells on your man.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

mirabella1
Newly Registered

Unread post by mirabella1 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:08 am

I have a question about disposel of double action uncrossing candle : black for uncrossing and red for love .
I did my work today and it is a lot of wax left of both color .
My question is how to dispose the wax . (crossroads or wather )
Really appreciate your response :-)

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:05 am

I would use the crossroads or bury it in my own backyard. I would not add it to running water because I would not want the Love or Uncrossing to "run away from me."
Joseph Magnuson

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:51 pm

mamamia --

Not putting the name on the back of the mirror in backwards writing is not crucial.

However the rest of your ideas are, alas, ill-founded and incorrect.

You say that "according to what i read you want to not dress the candle so avoid powders."

HUH?

"To NOT dress the candle"?

Whoever the heck wrote this ought not to be teaching. Seriously.

Crab shell Powder is not "needed" for the candle, but along the South East coastal states it is highly traditional to dust reversing candles with it. Earliest mention of it i have seen dates back to the 1930s and it was still being used in the 1970s, last time i was out that way. Dusting the candle with Reversing Sachet is also traditional, especially in Mississippi and places where folks from that area have settled.

Who is anyone on the internet or in a book to come along and tell folks that the way they and their families have been working for 100 years is wrong?
catherine yronwode

vibrating_tofu
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by vibrating_tofu » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Dear cat, and everyone at Lucky Mojo,
As I write this my Double Action Candle is still burning down, but already I feel so much peace and lightness in my heart I had to write you in gratitude. It has been a long and difficult heartbreak I have been overcoming the past year but I can feel this good magic working on me. I can LITERALLY feel it physically in my heart -- there is an energized, "minty" feeling glow over my heart, and a feeling like I've finally taken off a very tight pair of shoes, but in my heart instead. I can't describe it any other way.

Honestly, I have tried lots of things this past year to combat heartbreak: seeing a therapist, talking to friends and family, paying attention to my health and nutrition, "keeping busy" with work and special projects, and dating other people, and all have helped, but nothing --- NOTHING --- has finally brought some peace, clarity and joy to my heartbroken heart like the love jinx-breaking spell I just cast on myself. I might actually feel BETTER -- more relaxed, optimistic, self-loving, and joyful, than I did before the heartbreak, if that's at all possible. If I had known how good I feel right now, I WOULD HAVE DONE THIS MONTHS AGO. Thank you cat and Lucky Mojo for sharing your hoodoo wisdom. I feel like I can finally go forward into a bright future filled with many blessings and good surprises. Thank you again so much xoxoxo

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:08 am

It's this kind of thing that reminds me why I took up this work.

Good luck to you, and best wishes.

CAN-9DB-REBK
Double Action Jumbo Candle, Red / Black
$5.25

Two-Headed Doctor

MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MaryBee » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:16 am

This is wonderful news! Congrats!

(I love your name btw :) )

Mary Bee
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

vibrating_tofu
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by vibrating_tofu » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:52 pm

Thank you, every one, and I just want to post one follow-up revelation: I undertook the love jinx-reversing spell with the anticipation that it would bring me "someone special", but now, as the spell is winding to its conclusion, I see now the real issue is I need to do some more blessing and healing work on myself getting healthy, whole, and happy.

It amazes me that, like a good mechanic, the spell didn't fix the problem I THOUGHT I had -- it fixed the problem that I REALLY had. And the engine <3 runs great! :D This is great stuff. Thank you again, everyone.

AprilRaine
Forum Member

Unread post by AprilRaine » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:03 pm

What a beautiful and inspiring testimony.

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”