Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Double Action / Reversing Candle 6"/9" Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator
Re: Double Action / Reversing Candle 6"/9" Questions and Answers

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:40 pm

I'm glad everything is getting better for you. I'd suggest working with Archangel Raphael to continue your healing work.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

stargirl

Unread post by stargirl » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:59 pm

I am wondering if the green/black reversal candle is generally used to
turn a consistent money problem around, OR is the reversal candle
used ONLY to "send back" to someone you think has caused you a money
problem. If it is for general turn around, do you do a few in a row until
you see results, or what ?

Also is the red/black for luck, or love, or both? And the white/black reversal
is for ????

Also I was reading on a site where someone would put a ring of salt around
the candle to prevent interference and opposition. Is this "practice or thought"
in keeping with Hoodoo, is that another religious belief?

Thank you in advance for you response :)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:30 pm

stargirl --

You are confused about terminology. There is no "green/black reversal candle." The greean and black candle is a Double Action candle.

Double Action candles are used to send back jinxes, crossed conditionins, hexes, curses, and the like while at the same time drawing in blessings, love, money, health or whatever is desired. This is why they are called "double action." They do two things at once.

You may use Double Action candles as often as you wish. If you have a consistent enemy, and you do nt wish to perform a curse yourself, you may repeat this sort of reversing at regular intervals as you feel the need.

GAreen/Black Double Action candles are used both for money-jinx reversal and for drawing in money luck.

Red/Black Double Action candles are used both for love-jinx reversal and for general luck reversals, while also drawing in love-luck and general luck, as red has a special place in African American culture. There is also a black-over-red Reversing candle.This is the only colour which that particular candle comes in.

White/Black Double Action candles are used for general reversals as well, and also, specifically, for reversals of curses against one's health or spirituality, while drawing in health and spiritual blessings.

Your post has been added to the long and ongoing thread on double action candles. Please read the thread from the beginning and follow the indicated links for more information, In addition, look for more information in my upcoming book "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic" -- which is at press now.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

gifted

Unread post by gifted » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:54 am

hello, i am new to this site and had some questions maybe someone could help me out with?
ok a couple of years ago my husband a i went on a lil vacation. my mother in law was trusted to watch our home an MY son(13 yrs)
when we came back i noticed all my curtins were taped closed? strange i didnt think too much of it, a yr later we are leaving on a trip again.
i decide to do some heavey cleaning and i started to find some oily stuff behind our bed on my side only on the wall. so then i noticed the same stuff behind all of our dressers. and in my sons room behind dressers and above door ways...
ive heard to protect your home you should get some big iron bolts from railroad traxs n put outside around your home along with whole garlic bulbs. so i did this before i left on vacation again.....
shes (my mom in law) got a friend that does candles ect.. anyways came back hm few days later and she put that oily stuff everywhere! like she was desperate for somethimg to happen. even some oil on the front of our screen door. after that my husband and i started arguing really bad,
i left the house for a week. came back we wer fine i cleaned all that oily stuff with amonia, and saged my whole house. funny thing 1 month later something bad happend to her friends husband who i suspect was the one applying the oil to my ceilings an really high cabinents that niether woman could reach.. theyre old and short. what do you think she did? and how can i reverse it all and keep her out and away from my home foreverrrr??
please any help would be greatly appreciated thank you. :cry:
Thank You St. Barbara for all of you protection and help.
Thank you St Martha for all your help.

Luckystr25

Unread post by Luckystr25 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know what it means when a double action candle (green and black) runs on one side creating thick lines and clumps of wax. The black and green wax is along side each other but the green is a little further up. The flame is emitting black smoke. Where the wax is falling the black is covering the green. The candle has not reached the green part of the candle yet but I was just wondering if anyone knew what this could mean. Also, the black has encircled the base of the candle that's inside of the candle holder. I thank anyone who answers.

BTH

Unread post by BTH » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:51 am

Please help. My boy friend and I broke up a month ago.

Please help me so he comes back to me and loving me.

Please include instructions on how to use a red and black double action.

Please also tell me how to use the moving candles, male and female.

I really appreciate all your help.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:08 am

Hello, BTH --

Your query has been posted to the Double Action candles thread. There is a separate thread for moving candle spells.

The use of Double Action candles has been covered in this thread in earlier posts, and more information can be found here:

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#doubleaction

In addition, there is information in my new book, "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic" --

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

BTH

Unread post by BTH » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:37 am

I just burned a red and black double action candle. The majority of the wax is a mixture of black and red with some red in between. I know it was briefly explained before but just to clarify:

1) I do not need to separate the two colors of wax, and should put the whole thing in crossroad???

2) If so, Would you please explain what the crossroad exactly mean?

3) We broke up a month ago and clearly there are still a lot of problems as he has not contacted me.

Please help and advise what I need to do to get fast result. I am so hurt! Please help!

wildiris
Newly Registered

Unread post by wildiris » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi, I am a newbie and this is my first post though I have been reading the forum for a couple of months now.

I am burning a black over red reversal candle. I read that the burn time is approximately 9 hours. Well, mine has been since last evening at 5pm, which means it has burnt non stop for 16 hours.

There was initial tearing of wax but it could also be contributed to the fact that the butted wick was off centered. At any rate there has been no more drippings. The flame has been pretty steady, between 1.5 inch to 2 inch flame all the while with an occasional swaying. After all this time, I still have about a third of the 9" candle left to burn.

Is this normal since I read that high, steady flames are good but on the other hand, it is burning way longer than the estimate of 9 hours.

Appreciate your input. Thanks.

Update : The candle is on its 23rd hour and there's still a good whole inch to go. Flame is still pretty strong (about an inch) but there is wax on the side of the candle which is disconcerting. The wax has formed a mask that looks like the devil and it is all black! I have a picture but I don't know how to post it. Can anyone give some input? What does this mean?

Thank you.

mommabear

Unread post by mommabear » Sun May 05, 2013 6:01 pm

Hello, I was wondering how you would go about using a Red and Black double action candle to help a couple that is broken up reconnect. My friend/boyfriend was a victim of brain games played by his ex. She was so skillful at it that I was the one in the end to get all the blame and she came out looking as a victim. I did do a moving break up using all three of us and he end cutting off both her and me. I have had a honey jar and doll baby for three months, with awesome movement, but on the day of the moving spell I made a new honey jar and a mojo. Planning to make a new doll baby too. That was two weeks ago and he is emotional mess thinking that I betrayed him and acts completely hateful and has totally cut me off. I am totally heart broken that he was lead to believe I would do any thing to hurt him and would like to get him past this pain and save our friendship.

purplehippie

Unread post by purplehippie » Thu May 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Question on the red and black double action candle:

I recently had a reading with ConjureMan Ali concerning an ex lover. He said one of the main things (aside from this person not being in the right stage of his life to be in ANY sort of relationship right now) is that I am associated with a negative/stressful part of his life. If I were to dress the red half of the candle with reconciliation oil and road opener oil (to unblock ideas/thoughts that have me labeled as "negative"), what should I dress the black side with? Technically, my enemy is "me," or the warped view he has of me. Obviously, I do not want to throw back negative energy towards myself, so I would not use a mirror, but is there something I could dress the black end with?

Thanks, everyone! Really digging this forum and the wealth of knowledge that comes with it :P

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:59 am

Spotted a few older posts on this thread that never got answered, and personally apologize to those members. The Lucky Mojo forum is quite large, and even though the forum moderators and members do their best to answer everything, sometimes a few can fall in the cracks. I shall do my best to answer the questions.

BTH had three questions:
BTH wrote: 1) I do not need to separate the two colors of wax, and should put the whole thing in crossroad???

2) If so, Would you please explain what the crossroad exactly mean?

3) We broke up a month ago and clearly there are still a lot of problems as he has not contacted me.
1) No need to break up the two colors, I personally never have done so. Just bury the remnants of the Double Action Candle at the Crossroads.

2) Do read the The Crossroads page to learn more. Quite simply, crossroads are where to roads meet. The "fork in the road" if you will.

3) It is very likely that more work needs to be done to help clear out the problems, and to heal the relationship. I do hope that the relationship is starting to turn around, and if the problem persists then do consider working with a member of A.I.R.R..

Best of luck to you BTH.

wildiris wrote:Hi, I am a newbie and this is my first post though I have been reading the forum for a couple of months now.

I am burning a black over red reversal candle. I read that the burn time is approximately 9 hours. Well, mine has been since last evening at 5pm, which means it has burnt non stop for 16 hours.

There was initial tearing of wax but it could also be contributed to the fact that the butted wick was off centered. At any rate there has been no more drippings. The flame has been pretty steady, between 1.5 inch to 2 inch flame all the while with an occasional swaying. After all this time, I still have about a third of the 9" candle left to burn.

Is this normal since I read that high, steady flames are good but on the other hand, it is burning way longer than the estimate of 9 hours.

Appreciate your input. Thanks.

Update : The candle is on its 23rd hour and there's still a good whole inch to go. Flame is still pretty strong (about an inch) but there is wax on the side of the candle which is disconcerting. The wax has formed a mask that looks like the devil and it is all black! I have a picture but I don't know how to post it. Can anyone give some input? What does this mean?

Thank you.
With a Jumbo Reversal Candle burning incredibly slow isn't a good sign, and having an image of devil form in the wax doesn't look so good either. To me this would indicate strong opposition here, and you might have to work the reversal in different ways. May consider a 13 Herb Bath for 13 days, and/or consider working with an Uncrossing Spell Kit.
mommabear wrote:Hello, I was wondering how you would go about using a Red and Black double action candle to help a couple that is broken up reconnect. My friend/boyfriend was a victim of brain games played by his ex. She was so skillful at it that I was the one in the end to get all the blame and she came out looking as a victim. I did do a moving break up using all three of us and he end cutting off both her and me. I have had a honey jar and doll baby for three months, with awesome movement, but on the day of the moving spell I made a new honey jar and a mojo. Planning to make a new doll baby too. That was two weeks ago and he is emotional mess thinking that I betrayed him and acts completely hateful and has totally cut me off. I am totally heart broken that he was lead to believe I would do any thing to hurt him and would like to get him past this pain and save our friendship.
Butt the candle, cut off the original tip and turn it over to create a new wick from the bottom. Then write his name from the center out on the red part of the candle, and then in mirror writing (written backwards), "All evil influences known and unknown" in the black part of the candle. I would still mirror write the womans name in the black as well. Annoint the candle with Reversing Oil. More details of dressing the candle can be found on the Reversing page.
purplehippie wrote:Question on the red and black double action candle:

I recently had a reading with ConjureMan Ali concerning an ex lover. He said one of the main things (aside from this person not being in the right stage of his life to be in ANY sort of relationship right now) is that I am associated with a negative/stressful part of his life. If I were to dress the red half of the candle with reconciliation oil and road opener oil (to unblock ideas/thoughts that have me labeled as "negative"), what should I dress the black side with? Technically, my enemy is "me," or the warped view he has of me. Obviously, I do not want to throw back negative energy towards myself, so I would not use a mirror, but is there something I could dress the black end with?

Thanks, everyone! Really digging this forum and the wealth of knowledge that comes with it :P
You may consider Run Devil Run Oil on the black part of the candle.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

purplehippie

Unread post by purplehippie » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm

Update for everyone:

Just butted my double action candle. It looks a little rough, but it works. I wrote my petition paper and put it next to the candle (it would not stick underneath it without toppling the candle.) On the black side, I wrote things like "banish negative image X has of me" "association with hurt and anger gone" "idea that we cannot be together" and rubbed run devil run oil away from me on this part of the candle.

On the red part, I wrote things like "reunite" "love and happiness together" "Contact me" "Forgive and start anew" and then our names as well. I rubbed reconciliation and come to me oil on this portion of the candle towards me.

It just started burning, so I have no candle divinations yet. I have only seen some very small movement with my work (have been doing a honey jar and can see that my ex is frequenting my blog...but no contact yet) I will be sure to keep everyone updated, because I know you are all just at the edge of your seats :P

cheekybunny
HRCC Student

Unread post by cheekybunny » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:19 am

Hi,
I am working on a mirror spell for my BF's ex who is make life hell for both of us. What colour of reversing candle would you recommend for sending her evil back to her if her actions have included keeping her ex (my bf) from seeing his children, threatening to call the police if he shows up at her door(he's not the least bit violent but the law will tend to side with her if she accuses him of violence) , alienating her kids from wanting to see him, trying to extort money from him, and just being greedy and vindictive and trying to cause him strife?

Thanks

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:46 am

Cheekybunny,

Your query has been posted to the Double Action / Reversing candles thread.

Reversing candles only come in back/red, so there is no colour choice there. Double Action candles are available in black/white, black, green, and black/red. In your case, i would recommend black/red, as there is much more going on than money concerns (black/green).

Ways to work with these candles have been covered in this thread in earlier posts, so do read from the beginning of the thread -- and of course much more information can be found in this book:

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#doubleaction

In addition, there is information in my new book, "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic" --

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

Primal_The_Learner

Unread post by Primal_The_Learner » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:28 am

I am about to work with a red and black double action candle.I have read many people saying to use a mirror or a piece of aluminum foil to place it on.Is this absolutely necessary for the spell to work?

Also the way the wax is falling in 3 separate lines on the right side looks and feels really positive.Is it a sign? Anyone know where I can read some information on candle burning signs?

oneNonly

Unread post by oneNonly » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:27 am

I am also doing the double action reversible candle but the vigil glass ones and was wondering is it ok to bloe it out if I am doing it for a period of nine days. And what's the best way to dispose the glass once the 9 days r complete.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:35 am

Hi oneNonly,

please don't double post questions since it creates more work for moderators. Your candle has been answered in the thread on candle divination where you asked it the first time, you can consult the answer there!
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

oneNonly

Unread post by oneNonly » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:02 pm

@aura- sorry I didn't know there was a section for double action candle so I posted it firat there then here I apologize. An thank u for ur response :)

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:31 pm

no problem oneNonly :)

Hi Primal_The_Learner,
there's no problem burning in section, just make sure that you snuff or pinch out the light and don't blow it out. For the signs, wax falling down and making ''tears'' usually means that someone will cry before the end of the work. To get more information on candle burning signs and divination you can consult the extensive forum thread on the subject as well as the HITAP page on Candle Reading. The links to those are here: candle-divination-flame,-wick,-wax,-gla ... 49ac46d4c5 & http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
Aura Laforest

Primal_The_Learner

Unread post by Primal_The_Learner » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:39 pm

aura

Thank you

divinedaughter

Unread post by divinedaughter » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:26 am

That's wonderful news Tofu! :D Can you please say exactly which spell/products you used?

Many thanks and wishes for continued blessings to you!

DD

Lady Croissant

Unread post by Lady Croissant » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:02 am

What is the general burn time for a LM double action candle. I know it can vary but I'm just looking for some guidelines so I can plan my time.
Thanks.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:34 am

Hello, Lady Croissant,
I will list the page that tells you the "guidelines" for candle burning times.
As you had stated, these are just guidelines. Also, remember that after butting your candles, it will indeed affect the time (depending on how much wax is removed). My candle burning times are also affected by the dressings that I apply to them.
Here is the page (which lists APPROXIMATE burning times)
Have fun!! www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html
HRCC Graduate #1631

Lady Croissant

Unread post by Lady Croissant » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:02 am

Doh! Can't believe I missed that. Thanks!

Jess-Belle

Unread post by Jess-Belle » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:07 am

Hi Catherine and thank you so much for your reply. I'm a bit confused about double action candles versus reversing candles. Could you explain a bit more as to the suggestions you have made and how they would be more appropriate to the situation?

Also, why would Follow me Boy and the like not be appropriate here? Are they too forceful?

Thank you so much!!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:50 pm

Hi, I'm a Balloon,
I'm not sure if she saw your post. But, I can answer the candle question for you for you
A double action candle gets rid of the bad luck, or jinx, etc.. It gets rid of the bad and brings in the good.
A reversible candle reverses the bad and takes it back to the one who jinxed you. So, if I put a jinx on you, a reversible candle would get rid of the jinx and puts it right back to where it came from (which would be me).
Concentrate on getting rid of the bad first.
Once you get rid of whatever is bad around you (or blockages), then start fresh and do others spells (such as "Follow Me Boy", etc.).
Hope this helps.
HRCC Graduate #1631

Jess-Belle

Unread post by Jess-Belle » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi Miss Aida! Thanks so much for your reply. I am fairly new to hoodoo, although I studied Wicca for a long time... so I am still getting to know a lot of things! I am so glad it occurred to me to join this forum. I have learned so much just from reading other people's posts.

But to continue about the blockage removal part... in another thread on here I read something about how the way the candle burns is an indicator of resistance etc. Basically how do I know how it's going, and if I have to do it multiple times? Is there a particular section of this site I can read about that? Also, what is the purpose of those large vigil candles?

Colette
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Colette » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:04 am

Hello ImABallon

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

You can read about candle divination and vigil lights on this page.

Re the way a candle burns as indicator of resistance or obstacles - I think that was my post. How do we know how it's going? You can find some info on the candle magic page, then it's based on experience, additional divination, and actual results/manifestations in daily life. E.g. I burn green candles on my prosperity on an ongoing basis. When the candles aren't burning well - it goes out, or there's a bit of unmelt wax - there're usually a few bumps in my business. Then I keep at it to see if it improves, or I get divination on the matter. If you do an ongoing spell like a honey jar, or a multi-day spell, then you'd be watching/doing it multiple times, as you put it.
HRCC Graduate (#1610G). Tarot reader. Practitioner of Hoodoo and Daoist magic.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:11 am

Hello, ImABalloon,
Have you seen this link? It goes into detail about your first four questions: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
To answer your last question, the type of candle you use depends on many factors: what you feel comfortable using at the time (you will just "Feel Good" about a particular candle at any given time); what the intent is; time factors, compliments to the magic you are performing, etc., etc......
I would highly suggest this book. It goes into great detail about the different types of candles, usage, etc. And it's explained in a SIMPLE (<--which is important to me) yet, precise manner. Most importantly, it's an easy read. http://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html
Welcome to the world of Hoodoo! And welcome to our Lucky Mojo family!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Jess-Belle

Unread post by Jess-Belle » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi guys and thanks! Those links were fantastic - I devoured them even though I had to do it on my phone while at work! I'm finding hoodoo to be so utterly enthralling. I love the specifics, I love details and following instructions to the letter. I truly feel at home with it. FYI I've actually ordered various supplies now - the double action candles, reversing incense, and reversing oil for the first bit of work, and then a red skull candle, tobacco, and attraction powder. I read about the skull candle spells in the other thread on here and felt very drawn to it at this time. I want him to think of me and I want to be able to "talk" to him as the instructions specified. I already have love drawing oil, but I still need the crucible of courage and some love me incense. Oh! And I am extremely excited because I finally found a tarot card deck that greatly appealed to me, and I ordered them this morning. I absolutely cannot wait to receive them, or any of the other items.

I loved the link about candle divination - I'm actually still doing the love spell which I initiated about a month ago, because I used a votive and I only burn it for nine minutes each night (I like those types of spells where I can meditate over them every single day for many days - that's how I got my current job). The glass holder is completely clean, even though there is maybe only 1/4 of the candle left. The flame was always very tall and strong. Interestingly, it was only maybe a week or two ago that the flame began to "dance" - at approximately the same time that my target put out signs of being affected! But also interestingly, the candle had been burning down but with a sort of partial "wall" of wax that is staying upright on one side. Perhaps this represents the obstacle that rose up?

I've got questions that I didn't see the answer to though, I hope someone can help. Firstly, the double action candles I ordered have a wick at both ends. So do I burn it sideways? Also, to dress it, I would dress the black side rubbing from the wick to the center, and the red portion from the center to the wick, correct?

Also, is the use of matches imperative? Because I have always used lighters. I cannot stand the smell of freshly lit matches. :(

Well I know I'll be here all night, reading up on everything!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:42 pm

Hello, Again, Imabaloon!
We are thrilled that you are happy with Hoodoo, with the forum, websites, and products!
It's always nice to hear this!
As far as the wax on the side, I don't know what to tell you because I can't see it. But, when I first started learning about wax divination, I would take a picture or write down what I saw, and then wait for the results. Then, things came together (like an: "Ah-Ha" moment).
If you prefer a lighter then, by all means use it!
And, yes, that's how you dress that type of candle.
Last (but not least) here is a page that tells you about the double action candles (and other type of candles) and ways to work with them: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html
Just scroll and you'll find what you're looking for.
Enjoy!!!!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Jess-Belle

Unread post by Jess-Belle » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:54 am

Thanks Miss Aida :D I just finished reading the thread about double action candles. Its'a amazing how much I have learned in such a short time! This forum is awesome. I'm going to have to put in another order, however, as I want to use the crab shell powder, and I'd like to check out some of those books.

I'll be sure to update once I get my things and am about to initiate the work. :)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:22 pm

ImAballoon,
YES! We love to hear about your progress!
Thank you!

CAN-9DB-GRBK
Double Action Jumbo Candle, Green / Black
$5.25

HRCC Graduate #1631

Jess-Belle

Unread post by Jess-Belle » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi guys! Well tonight is the full moon and I'm happy because that means tomorrow the moon begins to wane and it's time to get to work!

My double action candles have already arrived and I'm hoping the rest of my things arrive by Saturday.

Question, is there any reason to burn both ends of the candle at the same time, as opposed to burning off the black part first?

Is the latter generally preferred?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Hello, ImaBalloon,
When I burn both ends at the same time, it's only when I want to aim the black end at my target. Otherwise, I do it the traditional way.
HRCC Graduate #1631

Jess-Belle

Unread post by Jess-Belle » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:04 pm

Thanks Miss Aida! Well I figured I would do the double action candle working tomorrow, it being Friday, as was suggested in another thread here. So just to clarify, it is MY name, and not my target's name, that goes on the red part, correct? And I would cross my own name over the mom's name on the petition paper?

Also, is it recommended to take a cleansing bath after doing this type of work?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:27 pm

ImABalloon,

i know you are new here (and Aida is a new moderator as well), so pardon me for interrupting, but i don't think burning a double action candle is typical for a spell to "Heal Past Pain, Remove Blockages, Open Roads to Love" -- which is the name of the topic thread in which you and Aida have been posting, as the title of the thread indicates. Posting about double action candles in this thread is what is known as "hijacking the thread" and it really makes it difficult for forum users to follow the topics they are seeking out.

Reversals madwe with double action candles are usually done to return harm to one who sent harm and to get the blessings that were denied. There is a section of the forum for reversing spells -- but you are simply asking about products and how to use them -- so i am splitting off your conversation with Aidia from the thread it was in, retitling every post, one by one, and appending it to the product thread on double action candles.

Good luck1
catherine yronwode

Jess-Belle

Unread post by Jess-Belle » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:00 pm

My apologies, I suppose I was a bit confused as to where to post what but I'm getting the hang of it now! Will check out the reversing spell section now as well. :)

Jess-Belle

Unread post by Jess-Belle » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:23 am

Ms. Cat, I do hope this is the proper place to post about how a working went.

I burned the double action candle sideways with reversing oil on it, black end pointed in the direction of the house of the target - the black side went out shortly before the red. I didn't have a mirror so I used foil (I read that suggested on here somewhere). I used a styrofoam block to stick a nail in, through the foil, and propped the candle sideways like that. Interestingly, melted black wax - only black - seeped through and got on the petition paper I'd placed underneath. Also - I had a dream about the situation after I fell asleep. The setting didn't make complete sense, but in the dream I was reversing the situation into my favor. It was amazing. I disposed of the remains at a crossroads this morning.

P.S. - thank you for your first suggestion of changing my username - I felt instantly better when I did :)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:33 am

ImABalloon,

The black wax dripping onto the petition may be a sign that the work is effective, depending on how the petition was worded.

If the petition was worded primarily to the negative ("reverse all evil to the sender") then the black wax is a good sign, indicating evil to the evil-doer.

If the petition was worded primarily to the positive ("return to me the love i have been denied") then the black wax would be a bad sign, indicating attempts to block the spell by the one whose evil you are attempting to reverse.

If the petition was worded neutrally or dichotomously ("reverse all evil to the sender and return to me the love i have been denied"), then the petition should be examined to see on which portion the black wax fell, or a pendulum divination, card reading, or image reading (or the wax pattern) should be done on it.

The dream sounds like a good sign.

Thanks for the update on your work.

Best of luck in your work.
catherine yronwode

Jess-Belle

Unread post by Jess-Belle » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:22 pm

Thanks Ms. Cat. Actually I had worded the petition dichotomously. I actually hadn't thought to check on which part of the petition the wax spilled... I also didn't look at the wax pattern on the foil because I believe I had read that you're not supposed to look into the "mirror". However a bit of black wax remained on the styrofoam, I'm looking at it now and it looks like the head of an animal, maybe a rabbit or a lamb, with its ears laid back. It looks creepy. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my tarot cards because I'd like to attempt a reading asap.

ETA that I'm trying to look up symbolisms of animals and the only thing I've really been able to find is that a rabbit symbolizes fear. Very interesting...

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:48 pm

You can always call Hoodoo Psychics and get an ethical reading on your work.

http://hoodoopsychics.com

Off the top of my head, rabbit can symbolize fear, especially since it's a prey animal. Also, "meek as a lamb" also comes to mind.

Good luck!
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

Jess-Belle

Unread post by Jess-Belle » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:16 pm

Thanks for your insight, Mary Bee. I agree, both those animals seem to represent meekness, harmlessness...hardly like getting an image of a scorpion or rattlesnake or something! And oh, how I would love a professional reading... I'm working it into my budget for sure.

Ralphk
Newly Registered

Unread post by Ralphk » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Hello

I'm new to this forum.

I have a question about the reversible candles I was surfing the internet under images and i saw this reversible candle which is in the middle or core is red color and from outside is black.

What is the purpose to use this candle?

Thanks
Ralph

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:30 pm

Ralphk,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forum. The candle you are describing is called a Reversing or Reversible candle and t is used to reverse bad luck or a jinx or curse to the person who sent it. It is customary to dress it with Reversing Oil and to burn it upside down. I have merged your question into a longer topic-thread about such candles, with picutres, and you can read more about how they are used by beginning on page one of the thread.

We sell these red-core candles in our shop, along with the Reversing Oil.

CAN-9RV-BKRE
Reversible Jumbo Candle (Black Over Red)
$5.25

OIL-HOO-REVR
Reversing Oil
$7.00

catherine yronwode

gifted

Unread post by gifted » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:44 am

Hi all.
im still having MAJOR problems with mom in law...
I have had a reading with an lm reader n she confirmed what I suspected about my mother in law doing spells to hubby n me.
she advised a few things reversables (I did it) compact mirror with her picture n the compact tied up
n buried in cemetery (did it) applied sea salt in window sils and every door way, plus cleansed my whole home
with sage and washed porch off with ammonia. and this crazy woman has done something to my hubby to feel
sorry for her (which he nvr did in past) cause she was a horrible abusive parent...
Can anyone suggest something else I can do to keep her OUT of my home and OUT of our cars, which she likes to
borrow..
ps I have a underwear of hers that she peed on and left in my home once ;)
I know shes tried to harm my marriage, I have successfully faught her. now shes working on him
to get her way.. im desperated n broke please anyone suggestions welcomed

thank u in advance :)
Thank You St. Barbara for all of you protection and help.
Thank you St Martha for all your help.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:13 am

Good Afternoon, Gifted72,
That's just horrible of what she's doing. Sounds like you're combating a very magically powerful person.
Do you still have that underwear with the urine? As you know, she has, more or less, "Marked the territory" with that. Keep it contained in at least a couple of bags with double seals. You could probably cut a piece off later with her skin cells and use it for magic.
My all-time very favorite incense for your situation (a little costly but well worth every single penny) is here: www.luckymojo.com/tibetanghostpurgingincense.html
Please take the time to read over the entire page. It is fantastic. Just fantastic.
I would get some: Fiery Wall of Protection bath crystals. Dilute according to instructions and use it in the rinse cycle of everybody's laundry. www.luckymojo.com/fierywallofprotection.html
His mother has had his entire lifetime to work on his mindset. So, his attachment to her is both spiritual and psychological. You will have to do some influence spells on him. Change his thought process and let him see the light. www.luckymojo.com/influence.html.
And, pray, pray pray.
Also, please continue the magic that you have already been doing. Until she's gone completely, it will need reinforcement.
Good luck to you and your family. Wishing you the very best
HRCC Graduate #1631

Jess-Belle

Unread post by Jess-Belle » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi everyone! Tomorrow is Friday and since I now have the crab shell powder and Reversing incense, I want to repeat the reversal work. After studying the tarot intensely these days and attempting a few readings, it seemed to say that focusing on reversal work was the way to go; I even had a dream last night where I could distinctly see the red and black vigil candle and the message that it would "open a door". It's only fitting I guess since one of the first things I was told when I got here was to get rid of the bad first.

So I need some advice: last time I did the double action candle, it was made out to the "main" person in the way of my goal. But actually, it's more than one person who was involved with causing the problem, and it's actually several people who at least played some role, even if not major - some I know for certain, and there may be others I am unaware of. They might still be running their mouths to this day. So in my opinion, that is ALL bad energy that needs to be gotten rid of, to truly free the blockage. Right? So, any suggestions as to how I should engrave the black part of the candle? Is it OK to generalize in this situation?

Second, I just noticed in this thread that it says that double action candles typically don't utilize petition papers. However in the section about Reversing products it mentions a way to do a petition paper where your name and the enemy's name are written out but don't touch. Can anyone provide clarification or maybe an illustration?

Finally, I really LOVE the suggestion it says in that section about sticking your photo on the red part right side up on the vigil candle, and the enemy's photo upside down on the black part. I really want to do that but again, since it is various people and maybe some unknown, how could I do that? What about if I clip out my old workplace's letterhead and stick that on there upside down? Will the candle "know" who to hit?

Thanks in advance guys!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:38 am

Hi ImABalloon,

1 - You can generalize when you inscribe the candle. If there's a main person, you can write their name and then add a more global ''catch-all'' like ''all my enemies, known and uknown''. You could also simply use the more general phrase which will include the specifics. Either way would be fine.

2 - With regards to the inscription vs/in addition to the petition paper - keep in mind that there are many right ways to burn a candle. Miss Cat's book on Hoodoo candle magic goes into that in lots of detail if you evenutally choose to add it to your library: http://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html. Some choose only to inscribe free-standing tapers and write up petition papers when working with Vigil candles. Or if they have personal concerns and are working with a free-standing taper, then they could also both inscribe the candle AND make a petition packet with the personal concerns and appropriate herbs folded into it. Each method works - what do you have on-hand and what do you feel comfortable with? If you're not sure, try a couple of different methods and see what works best for you.

3 - By your petition, your clear that the work is meant to hit enemies who have wronged you. When you work, speak that intention clearly as well. That combined with the image of the letterhead should allow for the proper targets and the illustration on the glass.
Aura Laforest

Jess-Belle

Unread post by Jess-Belle » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:41 pm

Thank you so kindly aura! I'm going to get started cleaning my entire room down as I write this :D

littlestevie

Unread post by littlestevie » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:32 pm

Hi and thanks in advance for advice anyone can give me.

Tonight I started a double action reversing candle, red and black, which is burning very differently from a previous double action I had. This candle's red core is melting steadily, with a somewhat high but very steady quiet flame; however, the black outer wax isn't melting at all. The red is melting into a deep liquid core, but after several hours the outside hasn't changed. I'm not an expert at candle divination but my gut response is that I'm seeing extreme resistance by the target to the reversal. I believe I read Miss Cat state when a candle is used for divination purposes to let it burn as it will, but when the candle is the spell itself you want to help it burn properly, if necessary. I need to work over the next few evenings, so my question is how would you "help" melt away the black portion, if needed in a case like this.

Thank you again for all the direction I've received here!
(And I guess I need to repeat my work breaking the target's resistance)
Thank you St. Martha for everything you've done on my behalf.
Thank you St. Expedite for your help.

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:51 am

I have some people trim off some of the wax to create a new point around the wick to create a new point before lighting. Others will work the candle while lit pouring out a little extra wax while praying.

You also may want to consider burning another Double Action Candle and this time cut off the head of candle, turn it over then create a new wick at the bottom. You can read more about this on the How To Practice Hoodoo Candle Magic. This act, in my opinion, is pretty strong because it's like saying, I have had enough, and this situation will be turned around!
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

littlestevie

Unread post by littlestevie » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:38 am

I did butt the candle and am burning it "upside down", black end first; that's why I'm so concerned the black isn't melting away. After 3 - 4 hours burning last night the black wax is all intact. I'm certain of it because I carved letters all the way to the new cut edge of the candle, and all letters are still visible. There was a well of melted red wax about 1 inch deep when I snuffed the candle last night, which of course has hardened again. Except for the charred wick the candle now looks like it did before I lit it.

I could pour some of the wax out while burning but I'm concerned the outer wall of black wax may stay intact this way. Should I dress it again? Or melt some black away using a "helper" black alter candle lit with the flame of the double action one? If so, do I need to carve and dress the helper, and can I snuff and relight the helper if necessary?

littlestevie

Unread post by littlestevie » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:55 am

I just remembered I have some Road Opener incense and bath crystals. They were purchased with a different purpose in mind, but the reversing has suddenly become a priority. I can use them now if helpful and re-order. I also do stronger cleansing, then protection work every Sunday; these are in addition to the normal hyssop and rue + baths I take when doing any work. I could bump up the day if beneficial, but I don't know if FWOP would be helpful in this situation. I'm sorry for mentioning products on the wrong thread but I'm looking for a solution to the candle problem.

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:41 am

Hey littlestevie,

Papa Newt gave you good advice to read: How to Practice Hoodoo Candle Magic

I'm assuming you've read: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html
And a great book is: The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by Catherine Yronwode and Mikhail Strabo
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.com

When I use a helper candle I will carve and dress it so it knows what to do. Like a soldier.

For road opening, you can go to the road opening thread.
If reversing has suddenly become an issue, go to the reversing thread.
But before doing road opening, you'd want to do protection work.

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html To see if there's an answer to your particular problem.
If not, get help from an excellent candle diviner such as Miss Phoenix. www.HOODOOPSYCHICS.com

Hope I've helped you a bit littlestevie :)
HRCC Graduate #1632 - Member of AIRR - Member of Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Moderator

littlestevie

Unread post by littlestevie » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:39 am

Hi Susan Barnes,

Thank you for your response to my questions.

I have read http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#doubleaction several times. I use candles so much, I've thought my work incomplete the few odd times I haven't used them, so I was especially concerned with the reversing candle. As I understand it, in this case it is the work and not simply an adjunct to the work.

The reason I returned to the subject after Papa Newt's response was because he stated: You also may want to consider burning another Double Action Candle and this time cut off the head of candle, turn it over then create a new wick at the bottom. It seemed he didn't recognize that I had prepared the candle in the suggested manner. littlesteviet"I did butt the candle and am burning it "upside down", black end first; that's why I'm so concerned the black isn't melting away. After 3 - 4 hours burning last night the black wax is all intact.

After my last post yesterday I discovered an ideal, but very brief, opportunity that afternoon to deploy resistance breaking work on the target. Fortunately I had all the supplies I needed on hand so I was able to produce and deploy in time. When I returned I prayed over my candle and lit it again. I walked away for a while, letting it burn on its own to see if the result would be the same. This time the melt produced almost a landslide effect of wax, so I'll take that as a sign: eliminate target's strong initial resistance, success is possible through repeated work.

What I learned after an evening of reading and re-reading threads on the subject, is that some recommend ammonia on a doll baby to strip a target's resistance before beginning this sort of work. I'll tuck that information away for the next time, and I thank all the moderators here: the advice given on this forum is so creative and diverse!

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:49 pm

Excellent work littlestevie,

You see, you are good at this. I like that you walked away for awhile, giving it some air to breathe life into its own.

Papa Newt knows his stuff btw, I ask him for advice when I need it.

I like the doll baby idea. Very nice. I'd tuck it away as well, until the coast is clear with Mercury retrograde starting up.

Good job littlestevie!
HRCC Graduate #1632 - Member of AIRR - Member of Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Moderator

littlestevie

Unread post by littlestevie » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Thanks for all your help and encouragement, Susan Barnes and Papa Newt!

greeneyes2

Unread post by greeneyes2 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:59 am

Just thinking about this :
If you do not have crab shell powder for a Reversing(ie Return To Sender)vigil can you circle it with sea salt???

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”