Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Epsom Salts Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herb baths, crystal salt baths, and floor washes for cleansing, protection, love, health, and luck.
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Epsom Salts Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:02 am

From the Lucky Mojo catalogue: "EPSOM SALTS and Salt are "crystal salts” used for baths, as floor wash, in laundry water to dress Underwear or Socks, or sprinkled around the yard. Alone, Epsom Salts purify, bless, and cleanse; in combination, they are used for love, money, jinxing, and breaking jinxes."

Read more about how to use Epsom Salts in bsic rootwork and hoodoo spells here:

http://www.herb-magic.com/epsom-salts.html

MIN-SAL-EPSO
Epsom Salts
$4.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

coastwitch

Re: Epsom Salts Questions and Answers

Unread post by coastwitch » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:24 pm

I used to add Epsom Salts to plain water for a foot soak or skin-softening bath, but in the past few years, as I have moved into herbalism, I have learned that some herbs are a little "rough," on the skin, so I experimented with adding Epsom Salts to the bath-teas I make with herbs, and the results are wonderful.

Chamomile and Epsom Salts with a few drops of Healing Oil is one of my favorites.

Another is Ginger, Mint, and Epsom Salts, with a few drops of Protection Oil.

A third great combination is Rosemary, Lavender, Lemon Balm, and Epsom Salts, with a drop or two of Queen Elizabeth Root Oil.

The way i make these herb baths is to put the herbs and Epsom Salts in a Muslin bag, and dip it in extremely hot or just-boiled water until the tea is brewed and the Epsom Salts are all dissolved out of the bag. Then I pull out the bag, and take the "salted tea" off the heat. While the tea is cooling, I turn the bag inside out and rinse the herbs off the cloth and hang it up to dry. By that time the tea has cooled down enough so I can add the drops of condition oil. Then i pour the mixture into my warm bath tub of water, or use it as a foot bath.
coastwitch

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:44 am

Hello coastwitch,

This is wonderful work, thank you for sharing!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

Naught1usMax1mus
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Naught1usMax1mus » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:26 pm

I have a pack if epsom salts which has been around awhile and has gotten very hard/packed, like a brick of brown sugar basically. Is it still OK to use if I break it up? Thank you!

Mary Thomson
HRCC 1398GA
HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1398

RevJames
Forum Moderator

Unread post by RevJames » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:35 pm

Naught1usMax1mus -

That is what I would do. Salts tend to absorb any moisture in the air; if they are not stored in an air tight container, they can 'cake' a bit. This tends to happen to me sometimes too and I just give it a few good squeezes, or a pound on the counter/floor (like busting up ice). If it has somehow gotten very wet and liquefied, dried, then re-solidified in a large mass versus tightly packed individual crystals, this may be a bit harder, and I would probably toss it (this may just be me).

As long as its not growing anything (which is highly unlikely), it should be just fine! Think about possible air-tight storage for any thing you may not use for a while.

Hope this helps!
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148G

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Hence we have the phrase, "Go pound salt," meaning go away, which i have always personally related to the idea that someone is so useless that you send them away to perform a task that need not have been done if they had taken better care of business from in front.

And, yes, the Epsom Salts are fine, just break them up again.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Naught1usMax1mus
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Naught1usMax1mus » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:00 pm

Thank you Rev James and Miss Cat, yes it’s fine otherwise and never got wet, so I will pound salt and ne more mindful!
HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1398

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Baths and Washes in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”