Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candles: Trim, Carve, Load, Petition, Pray, Dress, Light

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.

Re: Candles: Trim, Carve, Load, Petition, Pray, Dress, Light

Unread post by Newbie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:24 am

jwmcclin says it's base to wick to draw something

Marybee and stelz say it's wick to base, holding wick away from youself.

I wonder if jwmcclin was saying it's base to wick holding base away from yourself. or just by holding candle in upright position.
I saw Pamita's video and she referred to LM products and she also held the candle upright and dressed from base to wick.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:27 am

newbie wrote:jwmcclin says it's base to wick to draw something

Marybee and stelz say it's wick to base, holding wick away from youself.

I wonder if jwmcclin was saying it's base to wick holding base away from yourself. or just by holding candle in upright position.
I saw Pamita's video and she referred to LM products and she also held the candle upright and dressed from base to wick.
I've said it before and I'll probably still be saying it when I'm old and gray, no one way of dressing a candle is correct, it depends on what you were taught and what makes sense to you. Some people don't even dress a candle from wick to base or base to wick, they go from the middle of the candle outwards!
HRCC Student #1559

Unread post by Newbie » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:51 pm

For honey jar candles, do you guys write the names and/or a small petition on the candle?
If yes, how do you do it? Names one below another, base to wick?

or names on opposite sides, base to wick, wick to base?

Thanks.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:19 am

Hi newbie,

some do and some don't. some will if they're burning a large taper while not if burning a small candle. The method of writing is discussed extensively in this thread which you are encouraged to read from start to finish as well as commented on brilliantly by Turnsteel in the post right before yours.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Unread post by Newbie » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:40 am

Thank YOu.

Luckystr25

Unread post by Luckystr25 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi everyone,
I just need a little reassurance here. I was burning two tea light candles with uncrossing oil for my mother. My 5 year old blew them out when I wasn't looking. I simply relight the candle and explained to him that the candles shouldnt be blown out. I normally don't have the candles out but I decided to burn two small tea candles in my bathroom today. I knew that they wouldn't take as long to burn but next time I will definitely burn them elsewhere. I just wanted to be sure that nothing will backfire and bother my child. I said a prayer for him to be protected. He's too young to understand at this age. Anyone else experience this?

AprilRaine

Unread post by AprilRaine » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:39 pm

I've done work outside....a skull candle by which I spoke to it through tobacco smoke, therefore could not do it inside my home..... and the wind blew it out. A very slight tiny breeze--- but enough to extinguish my flame. It was like day four of seven days. I wonder, too, about an accidental blowing out. I continued the work because I didn't have another skull candle. But, I was not sure if I should have bothered.

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:42 am

I've had to teach my kids how to behaving around my work space, as our quarters are too limited to completely isolate my work. Don't let it shake you. It wasn't done with any kind of intent. Apologize, if you feel the need, and carry on with your work.

I've had trouble doing heavy work outside. I tend to try to arrange, or build, a wind-break, if I have to do candle work, out of doors.
Two-Headed Doctor

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:34 am

You could try moving your altar to a higher location where it would be out of reach. Mine is on a tall dresser. My four-year-old granddaughter has never bothered it, although I burn candles when she visits.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Luckystr25

Unread post by Luckystr25 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Thank you all for your responses. I Will definitely move them higher up so that they stay out of reach from the little ones.

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:44 pm

I was raised in a Magic Practicing household, and we always held to the belief that Animals and Children are free and innocent spirits that can enter and leave ritual space and spellwork space as they wish. Since there intentions do not affect the rootwork due to their innocence.

Also miss cat teaches not to worry about spells "back-firing" as this is something made-up by hollywood.

Best of Luck to You!
AIRR Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice

libracode

Unread post by libracode » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:46 pm

hi all,
sorry if this is posted in the wrong area. I have a question about tools used in candle work. If I use a pair of tongs to move the wick closer to the center of a candle for jinxing do I need to clean the tongs in some special way before I can use them again for say, a money drawing or love candle? I'm fairly new to this but I want to make sure I won't mess anything up. thanks.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:54 pm

Thats no problem libracode.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

libracode

Unread post by libracode » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:22 pm

jwmcclin wrote:Thats no problem libracode.
thank you :)

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:33 am

libracode: An additional question, if you will allow me; when you work the wick (which is wonderful that you do this) do you get melted wax/condition oils/appropriate herbs on the tongs or do they come away clean?

I personally have two sets of tongs (originally meant for use with great big hookahs): one for regular/"good"/drawing work and one for anything remotely considered negative. I do not want to spread the intent-laden condition oils, wax, and other ingredients between candles that I work.

Each worker will have their own way of doing this though, it would seem.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

libracode

Unread post by libracode » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:30 pm

Joseph,

I actually only attempted to fix a wick that one time (newbie). I posted my question because I too was worried about spreading any intent-laden oils around. To answer your question though, the tongs did have oil (or maybe melted wax, not sure) on them. I rinsed them off right away and I ended up getting a set of knitting needles for future use (with the intention to use them as you do your sets of tongs). It can't hurt to be too safe right?

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:21 am

I would use one set of tongs and wipe them down thoroughly with Florida Water or Hoyt's Cologne after each use.

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:30 pm

I have three candle tools -- a screw driver, a long surgical hemostat, and a pair of kitchen tongs. I wipe excess wax, herbs, and bugs off of them with my bare fingers! I see no reason to "cleanse" them, when a wipe of my fingers will suffice. If the wax hardens 'cause the tools are cold and the room is cool, i use my fingernails to "pop" the hardened wax off. Y'all are just too fussy for me!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Addi123

Unread post by Addi123 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:10 pm

Do I need to focus on my candle while it's burning on the altar, or can I do other activities? (given that the candle is safe and under watch)

Dee

Unread post by Dee » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi Addi,

No you don't have to sit and focus on it the whole time it's burning. As long as the "work" you needed to do is complete than you can leave it to burn while you go about your other activities. By "work" I am assuming you have dressed and otherwise prepared it. I generally focus on a candle for a few minutes each time I burn one and then I leave it alone.

Addi123

Unread post by Addi123 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:27 pm

Thanks, I have done all the work required and focused my energies in anointing the candle.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:00 am

Addi123: Yes, as Dee said, you may go about your business after setting the lit candle. However, some workers will meditate in the room on the candle and it's intent or purpose. You will hear a few varying ideas on this from many different workers. Generally speaking, in my research, you may let the candle to it's thing, but that does not mean you cannot check it and work it. Is the wick leaning to one side? Move it to the center. Is there something you can do to get a good burn? Then by all means feel free to actually work the candle.

Best of luck to you. Let us know how the burn turns out!
Joseph Magnuson

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:50 am

I use my fingers as well, on the long awl, both set of tongs, and the narrow metal rod I use for working candles. I don't do anything else to the tools, but I do make sure that wax and oil does not build up on them between uses.
Joseph Magnuson

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:56 am

Addi123: On top of the already excellent advice that you have been given, I would mention one other thing. The size of the candle can really play into how much time you can/should spend focusing on your intent or in a meditative/prayer state. If you are using a tiny birthday candle for an emergency prayer or spell, for example, I would sit in a focused state and watch it burn. I mean, why not, It isn't going to take very long and the candle can help to hone in the energies you desire. On the other hand a seven day vigil candle would be impossible to watch burn all the way through. So it is totally acceptable to set it with intention, light it, and walk away.

Best of luck!
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834

AprilRaine

Unread post by AprilRaine » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:28 pm

I appreciate this particular set of answers as I'm currently working with some skull candles and a jumbo candle, all LM items. They are SOLID. They don't burn away fast at all!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:22 pm

One quote I've always loved with respect to conjure work (of all kinds, but works for candles too): Set it and Let it.
Aura Laforest

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:55 am

aura: I like to say "Set it (properly) and let it." :)
Joseph Magnuson

MoonSunStar

Unread post by MoonSunStar » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:09 am

Hi,
I'm burning a simple white candle by the window which I cleansed with alcohol and I engraved his name and "Be faithful and loving to me" 3 times. Is it ok to do a simple candle ritual like this?
I can't burn it all at once since the candle is quite tall, can I burn it in segments? Like one hour today and another hour tomorrow and so on? Where can I dispose this candle when it's finished burning since I live at a temporary place with no backyards to bury this in?
Please help me.
Thanks a lot!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:40 am

MoonStarSun,

You don't tell us if this is a freestanding white candle or a plain, unlabelled white vigil candle! They are generally treated differently, because of their differing structure and wax-types, so we cannot tell you much about burning your candle in sections or about disposal until you give us that information

By the way, burning candles in sections is described -- for different kinds of candles -- in my book "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic. "

In the meantime, here is a web page on laying tricks and disposing of ritual remains that includes alternatives to disposal in the yard:

http://luckymojo.om/layingtricks.html

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

MoonSunStar

Unread post by MoonSunStar » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:38 pm

Hi Catherine,
It is an unlabelled vigil candle!
Is it ol to do what I did? Will it have any effect at all?
How can I do it differently? I need to make it simple since I don't have any items yet. I've ordered from your shop but it will take a while for the items to arrive to mu country.
Thanks!

MoonSunStar

Unread post by MoonSunStar » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:02 am

Hi Cat,
I just finished burning the white vigil candle. I read about laying tricks and disposing of rituals and saw this sentence "If you want its influence to begin or strengthen, throw it East". Since I can't bury it in my backyard. Is it ok for me to throw it east? Behind my shoulder or how should it be? Thanks!

MoonSunStar

Unread post by MoonSunStar » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:58 am

By the way, I think I misunderstood. It's more like an unlabelled plain white altar, offertory or jumbo candle. I just read that if I couldn't find a suitable yard to bury the was disposal in, ai could wrap the disposals in a white cloth or paper packet (is white envelope acceptable?) and throw it in running water over left shoulder or a crossroad? Thanks

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:43 am

Hi MoonSunStar,

You can use an envelope to contain the spell remains, a white paper towel would do fine as well.

To dispose of a spell whose effects you want to bring to you - I personally wouldn't throw it in running water as this will take it away (although sometimes good spells are disposed of this way and it's also quite traditional: confusing but true). Cross-roads disposal, throwing the packet over your left shoulder and then not looking back would be fine. Some would insist on the Eastern direction, others not - depends on how you were taught, kind of like the water disposal. If you don't have a front yard, you can also bury the remains in a potted plant in the home: this is ideal for love work.

When disposing of glass-encased vigil lights, you just recycle the glass - there isn't a deployment as with wax remains.
Aura Laforest

MoonSunStar

Unread post by MoonSunStar » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:02 am

Thank you Aura,
I'll go with the white envelope and throwing it in a cross road then. Is any crossroad ok or should I do it somewhere far away? Thanks

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:17 am

Any crossroads is ok.
Aura Laforest

thewarning
HRCC Student

Unread post by thewarning » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:41 am

I've seen 3 major ways in which people dress an offertory candle. 1. From top (wick) to bottom. 2. From bottom to top 3. From center up and then center down.

1) The intention of the job determines which of the 3 ways is picked, so my question is what is the traditional way for dressing a candle based on the intention (e.g. drawing money or a new love vs repelling or destructive jobs, etc)?

2) I assume when scribing a candle with a persons name or keywords you would carve it in the same direction you are dressing.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:28 pm

thewarning --

1) To say, "the intention of the job determines which of the 3 ways is picked" is incorrect.

All three ways that you mentioned are used, as well as a fourth way, which you did not mention, namely to handle figural candles as if they were the bodies or body parts that they represent. Plus, there are also a fifth way you did not mention, which is used for double-action candles -- ostensibly from the center to the ends, but done with different fingers than when doing the "magnetized" center-to-ends recommended in some books.

It is not only the nature of the work or the practitioner's intention that causes someone to choose one candle dressing method or another. Some forms are passed down in families or via influential rootworkers and may have a regional popularity that outweighs the instructions given in books.

2) No, that is not the case at all. Usually names are inscribed with respect to length (e.g. in a spiral or barber-pole fashion is very long) and they may also be deliberately run and repeated "crazy" fashion all over a candle, with deleiberate disreagard to directionality. Additionally, they may be inscribed forwards or backwards (in miror writing).

I suggest that rather trying to "pick up the rules" you should instead study the underlying principles.

This book may be of help:

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

Barbaramcnair

Unread post by Barbaramcnair » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:53 pm

I purchased a honey jar love me kit. I thought it was a red candle that came with it. I have been ordering red alter candles from lucky mojo and burning them on the honey jar. However I read for love it should be a pink candle. When I am waiting for my order. I have been buying red taper candles breaking them and putting the thin side in the candle holder. My question is. Have I messed up by using red candles? Also can I take the candle holder off the jar so I can put a candle right on top of the jar. I can' find any 4 inch candles in my town anywhere and believe me I tried.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:45 pm

Hello again, BarbaraMcNair,
Just for clarification, take a look at this page. Scroll down to the colors and decide for yourself. www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html
No, you didn't mess up the spell. When I look at those colors, I look at red as passionate love and pink as soul love. I will sometimes dress my love altars with both red and pink altar cloths!
Yes, you can put candle directly on the jar. That way, you can read the wax once it melts.
You can also order 4 inch candles here at Lucky Mojo. www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html
So, don't worry. You're OK with the spell!!
Take care!!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:43 pm

Barbaramcnair: I fully agree with what Miss Aida says in the above reply. The best thing now is to dust off some of the stress this may have caused you and concentrate on working that spell.
Joseph Magnuson

Barbaramcnair

Unread post by Barbaramcnair » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:05 pm

Thank you both. I feel so much better :)

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:40 pm

Barbaramcnair: That is good to hear. The correct mindset, determination, and confidence in your work can go very far in creating successful outcomes for you. Best of luck and keep it up!
Joseph Magnuson

render123

Unread post by render123 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:54 am

Hello all, i am currently working on a love interest and need a little help on dressing an unlabelled red vigil candle.

I have the following products cinnamon, powdered ginger, Fire of Love oil, Reconciliation sachet powders,Return to Me sachet powders, and Follow Me Boy sachet powders.

My plan is to burn this vigil in 15 min sections and pinch out daily, due to privacy issues.

I will pray over the vigil for my intentions and and burn the vigil candle on top of a photo of him.

Please help me as far as instructing me how to dress this vigil candle and if i need to add any thing else to this vigil candle.

Thanks all i look forward to your responses...

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:50 am

render123: It sounds like you have all of the appropriate Lucky Mojo ingredients on hand to dress that candle.

As for instructions, since Lucky Mojo vgil lights come already dressed, i suggest that you either read through this lengthy forum thread on vigil candles "Candles: Trim, Carve, Load, Petition, Pray, Dress, Light" (into which your post was merged) ... or you can always look in one of these books --

"The Black Folder" book ($12.00):
http://www.luckymojo.com/theblackfolder.html

The "Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic" book ($9.00):
http://www.luckymojo.com/theartofhoodoocandlemagic.html
Joseph Magnuson

render123

Unread post by render123 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:10 am

Thanks so much for your reply and the links. i will get right to it..

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:15 am

render123: You are welcome. Always keep in mind that the professionals at the Lucky Mojo Curio Company shop can dress and fix a vigil candle for your needs and send it right to you! This ensures a correctly dressed and fixed candle.

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html#vigil
Joseph Magnuson

render123

Unread post by render123 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:27 am

Ok that sounds great, which candle would you suggest...me and my love interest now communicate via email, iam trying to rekindle our love flame we once had, more communication, him to chase me, think of me and want to meet up..so many vigils its hard to chose...i really love this guy and want things to heat up again....your thoughts?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:36 am

render123: I would definitely continue on the path you have started and go with the Reconciliation/Love Me vigils. You need to get him back proper before you start some Fire Of Love work!

Love Me: http://www.luckymojo.com/loveme.html

Reconciliation: http://www.luckymojo.com/reconciliation.html

Then hit him with the Fire of Love work!
Joseph Magnuson

render123

Unread post by render123 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:36 am

Ok thats the one i will order thanks and blessings to you.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:52 pm

render 123: Glad we talked and I am glad you got to see the wonderful vigil candles Lucky Mojo offers. You will not be disappointed with them!
Joseph Magnuson

cassiopaeia

Unread post by cassiopaeia » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:58 pm

I dressed and lit a plain vigil light on Saturday, the stated purpose for which I now realize was fairly vague and muddy although it makes sense in my own head. :) Not surprisingly, it's already proving to be an almost impressively crappy burn. Should I just snuff it, thank it for the effort, and deploy it, or should I let it muddle through?
Thank you Saint Anthony
Thank you Saint Martha
Thank you Saint Jude

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:20 pm

Hello, Cassiopaeia,
Unfortunately, your question is indeed vague.
BUT if your intention was clear in your head, let the candle burn down.
Next time, have a game plan. Write everything down for yourself before you start the spell.
Or else, get yourself a spell kit which has complete, step-by-step instructions (no way will there be any ambiguity whatsoever).
Hope this helps.
Wishing you the very best
HRCC Graduate #1631

cassiopaeia

Unread post by cassiopaeia » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:08 am

Thanks, Miss Aida.

I do make game plans and I do try to "storyboard" my work. This vigil was set as backup to other work I'm doing (I know I'm being vague, but I don't like to talk too much about ongoing work. I will say that it's related to resistance-removing) and while I thought I made the petition and the intention as clear as humanly possible, when I realized that the candle was just determined to burn badly I found myself thinking "now, exactly how would one go about executing that petition?" It seemed possible that spirit might be wondering the same thing. :)
Thank you Saint Anthony
Thank you Saint Martha
Thank you Saint Jude

HighlyFavored1

Unread post by HighlyFavored1 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:00 pm

Hello All,

I have a bit of confusion about this. What is the proper way to dress a candle? Does it depend on what the candle is being used for? Does the size of the candle matter or does it depend on what the candle is being used for? Thanks in advance!!

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:02 pm

HighlyFavored1,

You questions have already been answered :) Best of luck,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator

Lovemagic

Unread post by Lovemagic » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:21 am

Hi
I would like to know about carve the candle, write petition & dressing the candle
1. Can I carve my name & what I want for myself like make me become more attractive & dress with certain oil I need?
2. When carve the candle or write petition. Do I have to put all the details I need or just something short & simple??
3. Can I dress the candle & use money drawing, attraction oil, money stay with me to help business at work everyday?
Thank you very much.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:31 am

Hi Lovemagic,

1. Yes
2. A short petition tends to fit more easily on the candle. If you want to write a long detailed listing, then consider using a large pillar candle with lots of space. Neither method is better, it's a matter of personal choice and the job you're doing.
3. That's a very nice combination. Steady Work is another possible choice to consider.

You may also want to consider purchasing Miss Cat's book on Candle Magic as it is a very complete guide to working with lights and goes over pretty much anything you need to know on the subject. You can find that here: http://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html
Aura Laforest

Lovemagic

Unread post by Lovemagic » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi Miss Aura
Thanks a lot for your responded. From the first question I asked about carve my name & my wish become more attractive on the candle. Do I have to do it everyday before walk out the door or only do once & let the candle burn out?
I talked to someone he said he used love drawing oil in the tub with spell. Light the candle can use red or pink then add some Epsom Salt lavender. Turn on relaxing love music, picture myself what I need soak for 20 minutes get out, let air dry & let the candle burn out.
He told me only do the spell once & the spell will stay with me unless I do the break spell. Should I try? Lololol
All I know it doesn't matter black or white magic has to repeat the spell once in a while to keep it work. I'm not sure if I understand correctly.
Do you think use only oil in the tub will make it strong enough to work? Should I add some herb to make it potent? Which herb are the most potent to help me Become desirable, attractive to men??
Please help me. Thank you very much.

P.S. I'll absolutely order the book. Now I'm still waiting to get another package from LM (hope it's on the way) They said it's big order that's why taking longer to get. I can't wait to try!!!!! LOVE LM!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:54 am

Hi Lovemagic,

You carve each candle once before you begin the very first burn. New candle, new carving, same candle - no need to carve it again.

Although you can use red or pink candles, keep in mind that they have slightly different purposes. Red is for passionate sexual love while pink is better for romance and fondness. You'll find more on colour symbolism in candle magic here: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#colour

For the bathing, why don't you just use Come to Me or Love Me bath crystals? They already have all the herbs, curios and salts necessary for a super-effective bath to do in conjunction with your work. Here are the links to those:
http://www.luckymojo.com/bath-come-to-me.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/bath-love-me.html

That said this spell someone told you about is similar to many others in the hoodoo tradition, but not a single-shot deal if you talk to most rootworkers. Usually a number of angles will be worked on simultaneously and the spell in question is hardly a binding which is some of the stronger love work to keep a mate faithful and/or committed. If you want good and reliable advice on how to work for your situation, consider a rootwork consultation or some magical coaching from a reputable rootworker such as the members of AIRR. There's also a panoply of free love spells that work well which you can choose from here: http://www.luckymojo.com/spells.html#red

Also keep in mind that hoodoo doesn't really consider magic ''black'' or ''white''. You simply do the work necessary for a case. If that work can hurt someone, then you cleanse and ask for forgiveness - and make good and sure you're justified in what you do. It's also not very helpful to think of spells in terms of ''best'', ''strongest'' and ''most potent''. All the spells we use are effective - the strength lies in the skill of the worker and in determining which approach is best suited to a given situation.

For example, if the issue in your being desirable to men is fundamentally a question of self-esteem and confidence, then doing Power and Crucible of Courage work on yourself is best advised along with efforts in the mundane world (counseling, learning a new skill, reading books on confidence and self-esteem, etc.). If the self-esteem is ok and the issue is a question of appearance to the opposite sex or ''glamour'', then Bewitching and Come To Me is a good combination along with some Fast Luck if you're going to a place or event where there will be potential partners available. Ultimately, as suggested above, a consultation or magical coaching can help determine what is pest for you specifically.

Blessings and Success.
Aura Laforest

Lovemagic

Unread post by Lovemagic » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:40 am

Hello Miss Aura
Thanks again for all information & your time. I really appreciated. There are so many things I have to learn about Hoodoo.
I'm just little confuse about carve candle. I used bigger candle carve my wish & dress with certain oil for 7 days to help me at work. So after 7 days the candle burn out & I want to start the new candle with the same wish again to help at work. Do I have to carve on the new candle with the same wish again Or just dress with the oil only? I need everything running steady at work.
Thank you for your time. Have a great day!

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”