Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candles: Trim, Carve, Load, Petition, Pray, Dress, Light

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator
Re: Candles: Trim, Carve, Load, Petition, Pray, Dress, Light

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:06 am

aura wrote:You carve each candle once before you begin the very first burn. New candle, new carving, same candle - no need to carve it again.
Lovemagic, aura answered your question right with this statement. Every time you start a new candle you will need to carve and dress it.

Best of luck.
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Lovemagic

Unread post by Lovemagic » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:54 pm

Hi Miss Phoenix
I'm sorry I didn't meant to ask the same question on purpose. I think I missed that. I get confuse all the time coz it's not my language. Thank again for letting me know.

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:25 am

Just to make absolutely certain, is it true that when one does a spell you have to let the candle used burn ALL the way down? What about just a prayer? Whenever I pray, I've just been extinguishing it and relighting it later.
Thank you to St. Dymphna!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:46 am

Depends on the spell Luckbewithme876. Some call for a burn over multiple days, pinching out the flame in between burns. If the spell calls for simply burning a candle, then yes, you should let it burn all the way down unless it's an Altar candle that's not involved in the work per se. A prayer light can also be burned over many days, pinching or snuffing it out (NOT BLOWING) between burns.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:51 am

Thanks for the reply. For the prayer, will you eventually let it burn all the way down for each individual prayer?
Thank you to St. Dymphna!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:51 am

If it's just general prayer (outside a spell), then you can either pinch out after your prayer session or let it burn all the way down - neither is ''better'' or ''righter''. They're different ways of working. Also keep in mind that there are different candle sizes and the answer also depends on how long you're willing to let a candle burn and if you're able to safely leave it to burn unattended.
Aura Laforest

smurfydeuce

Unread post by smurfydeuce » Sun May 04, 2014 5:28 pm

Can I did a psalms prayer over the candle along with the original spell I was about to do. Will it make my work stronger?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Mon May 05, 2014 3:57 am

''Stronger'' is not really a word I like to use when comparing spells smurfydeuce. It's not like a Final Fantasy video game where you add extra materia and your spells become bigger and badder. In Conjure it's about working in a way that's best suited to your situation and covering all the angles. So if the psalm is suited to your case, it's certainly a good inclusion. Depending on the issue you're working, you may also want to complement the candle work with appropriate baths and some contact magic on the target. Or consider having MISC back you up with a Vigil set on their altar. See what I mean?
Aura Laforest

MoonSunStar

Unread post by MoonSunStar » Wed May 07, 2014 2:38 am

Can I work on two candle spells at the same time?
Thanks

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed May 07, 2014 5:28 am

Yes you can MoonSunStar.
Aura Laforest

wendielu

Unread post by wendielu » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:25 am

i started a red taper candle with the l 8 inch and i put the guys name on the candle.the thing is i found some shorter 4 inch taper candles that would burn sooner.can i put that one out and start over with the new candle or do i have to continue with the one i started :<

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:27 am

I'd finish the one you have burning before moving on to the others.
Aura Laforest

goeticpractitioner

Unread post by goeticpractitioner » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:14 pm

I have a dilemma here.

I have a spell kit and am all set to begin a 7 day rite tomorrow before dawn and noticed in researching Lucky Mojo's materials, that the standard way to "dress" candles is by rubbing the oil DOWNWARD to REPEL, and UPWARD to ATTRACT.

I have plenty of experience in dressing candles, and have always done the exact opposite.

It's going against my grain so to speak, to dress something upward (away) when I wish to attract.

Can anyone advise?

It's late and I couldnt find a solution.

thanks

goeticpractitioner

Unread post by goeticpractitioner » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:56 pm

well I could not find the answer. I abandoned the ritual for now unfortunately.
If anyone knows the answer, please post it or post a link to it, thanks.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:06 pm

goeticpractitioner wrote:I have a dilemma here.

I have a spell kit and am all set to begin a 7 day rite tomorrow before dawn and noticed in researching Lucky Mojo's materials, that the standard way to "dress" candles is by rubbing the oil DOWNWARD to REPEL, and UPWARD to ATTRACT.

I have plenty of experience in dressing candles, and have always done the exact opposite.

It's going against my grain so to speak, to dress something upward (away) when I wish to attract.
For "up"= "attract," I've always thought of it like tree roots. Water and minerals are pulled upward from the ground all the way to the topmost leaf.

For "down" = "repel," well, that's the way gravity goes, and so that's the way the water of a cleansing bath -- or rainwater -- falls off the objects it encounters, taking physical or metaphysical dirt with it.

However, you don't have to tie your brain in this particular knot. If you point the tip of a candle toward you -- another traditional way to work -- then of course "toward the tip" means attraction and "away from the tip" means repulsion.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator

goeticpractitioner

Unread post by goeticpractitioner » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:00 pm

In all the candle work I have done in the past, the name is written from the top to the bottom of the candle, thus downward.
Then the oil is dressed to attract in the same direction -- from "up" to down -- downward.

when repelling the opposite.

So I dont understand this tradition of dressing "up" from the bottom to the top of the candle as a way to signify attraction.

goeticpractitioner

Unread post by goeticpractitioner » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:02 pm

I don't want to botch the rite.

I have the same awkward feeling about the washing, that is, washing from the feet up to attract.

Is it possible to perform the rite with the opposite movements for the dressing and washing?

Sarafina

Unread post by Sarafina » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:04 pm

the hoodoo tradition calls for using oils going upward for attraction work and the opposite for repealing./ how the name is written on the candle doesnt change that.

Its best for people who want to consider hoodoo work to follow and respect the tradition instead of trying to change it around for their own convenience.

for the washing up..I usually use a washcloth in the bathwater and then use it to clean upward. same with dressing.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:37 pm

Sarafina is 100% correct. Using the "opposite movements" will, in turn, had the OPPOSITE EFFECT on your work. It is called tradition for a reason...it has traditionally worked.

Writing the name from top to bottom burns away the name from start to complete finish.

Writing the name from bottom to top "calls" the beginning of the name closer and closer to the flame as it burns.

Drawing it up and towards you. Wicking it down and away from you.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

goeticpractitioner

Unread post by goeticpractitioner » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:08 am

Using the "opposite movements" will, in turn, had the OPPOSITE EFFECT on your work. It is called tradition for a reason...it has traditionally worked.

Writing the name from top to bottom burns away the name from start to complete finish.

Writing the name from bottom to top "calls" the beginning of the name closer and closer to the flame as it burns.

I understand. So will the fact that in all my other magical workings I do the precise opposite, create any interference in the hoodoo spell as I am following the hoodoo tradition of washing and candle dressing? It is fairly ingrained in my mind that down means attract not repel and up means away not attract.
I'll do it the hoodoo way but will my own paradigm interfere with the hoodoo working?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:20 pm

Hello, goeticpractitioner ,
Bottom to top brings to you
Top to bottom takes away.
In response to your query: Yes, it could interfere somewhat.
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 am

Hi all,

I have just received my second LM order and yet again I adore the products that I have had!!

One of the candles has a crack through the middle. I know it's the postal service that are to blame as they are usually extremely heavy handed with things. I was just wondering if it would be alright to seal the crack by melting the wax a little bit before performing my work, or will this have an impact on the outcome of my work? I need to use two matching candles and I have no other candles of that size and the only place that I can get them from is LM.

Thanks xx

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:50 am

If it's a free-standing candle, yes, you can do that. I just want to make sure that you're not talking about a glass candle, though -- wax will pour right through even a hairline fracture in the glass.

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:37 am

Thank you Miss Michaele.

It is a free standing candle. I just wanted to check before proceeding. I always get so excited when my LM orders arrive, I can never wait to get started! :D

TheBestest

Unread post by TheBestest » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:41 am

Hello guys! Here is my question and btw, the more I learn Hoodoo the more I realize tons of magick mistakes I have made in the past but I digress.... Ok here it is. I just read info on the LOVE ME PRODUCTS and it says depending upin the gender of the one you wish to scratch to you, scratch your name into a male offeratory nude candle or male genitalia candle, so do we also place that persons name on the candle, load the candle with a picture of them (although thats difficult with a male figure candle), or just name the candle after that person.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:16 pm

Hello, TheBestest ,
I got confused! LOL
It says: " Depending on the gender of the one you wish to draw to you, carve your full name on a pink or red....."
I didn't see the word: "Scratch" anywhere.
So, you're putting your name on the candle and just naming the candle after the target.
I wouldn't put a picture in the candle.
You might want to use a petition paper under the candle, also.
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

TheBestest

Unread post by TheBestest » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:49 am

Miss Aida wrote:Hello, TheBestest ,
I got confused! LOL
It says: " Depending on the gender of the one you wish to draw to you, carve your full name on a pink or red....."
I didn't see the word: "Scratch" anywhere.
So, you're putting your name on the candle and just naming the candle after the target.
I wouldn't put a picture in the candle.
You might want to use a petition paper under the candle, also.
Take care

Ok great! Here is one more question Miss Aida... my daughter was working out last night, swung her arms and knocked over my lit LOVE ME VIGIL CANDLE I was working on whivh spilled out some of the wax. The candle lit and burned fine, also melting down some of the wax that was on the top side that sat there from when she knocked it over. Does this mean my work will not manifest? It really did burn fine afterwards though.

Bewitching redhead

Unread post by Bewitching redhead » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:08 am

Joseph Magnuson wrote:Sarafina is 100% correct. Using the "opposite movements" will, in turn, had the OPPOSITE EFFECT on your work. It is called tradition for a reason...it has traditionally worked.

Hi all it's been a while! I came on here looking to see if an idea I have has already been asked and answered about petition papers for candle spells, but then I saw this and immediately thought of a more pertinent question, lol!

So that question is- If I'm dressing 7day class encased vigil, would I draw any symbols, names, words, etc. from the bottom up? I've done a couple of candle spells before w/success, off the top of my head one was for a car, but I don't think I wrote on the outside of the glass like I normally do for that one. So let's say I'm writing $$cc$$ on a glass encased money vigil; do I start from the bottom and work my way to the to top while writing the $$ccSS Sigil on the glass?

As I think about it, when I last posted regarding my husband's LM COS and KS candles, and while waiting on the stuff for his mojo bag, I had chime ones that wrote the names, symbols, etc. and I started from top to bottom carving them into the candles. I always dress my candles from the bottom up to draw towards me, but this just crossed my mind while reading this and thought I would ask.

Now the main question I came here to ask- I'm doing a 7 day glass encased money vigil again (it's been awhile and it's strongly needed at the moment) and I was wondering if I can include both mine and my husband's personal concerns and petition(s) on the same piece of paper, the idea being that it's (money) being drawn to both of us as opposed to limiting it to one. Or would you suggest I do two separate candles or even two separate petitions under the one candle? Thanks in advance y'all! :)

eta- I thought of something else while I'm here- I did that green eye pyramid spell awhile back (the one referenced frequently in the archives of free money spells) and I noticed many people have had similar problems w/theirs as I did w/mine, which is having problems w/the wick. Long story short, my husband fixed the wick based on Ms. Cat's instructions in another thread. However, I did not continue the spell but I did keep it on the money part of my altar. It's still surrounded by the herbs and attached to the bank slip and $2 bill (along w/the lodestone). Would it be remiss to try it again using the rest of the candle (I still have a decent amount left)? Also, I'm wondering if I attached the bill and bank slip the right way. I did attach it to the base, but not directly underneath. The way the spell's written makes me wonder if I've attached it wrong. Primarily bc of the way he describes to dispose of the remnants once done. It seems like he's assuming the wax will drip all over and cover the money, slip, and lodestone "food" (the magnetic sand) and then you are to bury it.

If I can attempt the spell again, should I keep the magnetic sand on top of the money and slip or should I start fresh w/a new one? Reapply the herbs it calls for to encircle it as well?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:31 pm

Hello, Bewitching redhead !!!
Welcome back! I was wondering how you were doing!!
Yes, you can write on the glass. And yes, it's from the bottom to the top (always to bring things to you).
I really don't like using 2 people's names on one candle. But, some rootworkers do it. I personally thing that it weakens a spell and can be more effective if you have one for him and one for you. But, that's just me.
I personally would just start with a new candle. The spell would be weak if you used that old one that you had already put out and left for a long time. And I would, of course, start with new fresh items.
You already have a lot of doubt into the articles that are there. Start new with new fresh ideas and attitude. That's the recipe for success
Wishing you the best
HRCC Graduate #1631

Bewitching redhead

Unread post by Bewitching redhead » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:12 am

Miss Aida wrote:Hello, Bewitching redhead !!!
Welcome back! I was wondering how you were doing!!
Yes, you can write on the glass. And yes, it's from the bottom to the top (always to bring things to you).
I really don't like using 2 people's names on one candle. But, some rootworkers do it. I personally thing that it weakens a spell and can be more effective if you have one for him and one for you. But, that's just me.
I personally would just start with a new candle. The spell would be weak if you used that old one that you had already put out and left for a long time. And I would, of course, start with new fresh items.
You already have a lot of doubt into the articles that are there. Start new with new fresh ideas and attitude. That's the recipe for success
Wishing you the best
Doing well thank you Miss Aida!! Aww that's sweet you wondered about me :) I've missed it here, but I've been doing pretty good in my practice/craft. I love Hoodoo- prob my fav form of magic thus far. I'm sooo glad I waited to start the candle spells until I got an answer!

Specifically bc of the writing from the bottom up! Please bear w/me for a moment as this might sound stupid, but if writing from the bottom up on the glass, would you keep the candle upright and go up from there- so if my name is John I would start from the bottom and write the "n" then the "h" above that, the "o" above that and the "j" above that or would I flip the candle upside down and write on John on the glass, still going upwards, but once the glass is flipped "right side up" the name John would technically be upside down?
It's not super difficult for me to get another large green class encased candle tomorrow if you think it's more powerful to use on for myself and one for my husband separately. I have all of the herbs required. I was just unsure bc I thought since we've been married for 12 years and happen to share the same checking account and he's obv open to Hoodoo, etc. lol, that I could petition both of us on the same paper, including personal concerns, names, etc. and perhaps it would be stronger. If the consensus seems to be that it's better to do two rather than one, I don't have a problem with that.

Ok, next question- If you think I should get rid of the pyramid candle remnants and start from scratch, do you think it would/could be just as effective to burn the two glass encased candles on the money section of my altar (w/my green money cloth :D ) instead of doing using the pyramid candle? The idea I'm thinking of is to place them on the altar where the pyramid was, load and dress the candles, petition papers underneath, and encircle the candles with the same (but fresh, not the same as in the ones already on there) herbs/roots from the original spell I didn't finish? The one from the archives using the lodestone, $2bill, magnetic sand, and a deposit slip, include the same "runs" 3x day as suggested... just no pyramid shape candle and my other two instead?

Also, regarding the $2bill- do you think it's absolutely necessary to use a different one? The reason I'm asking isn't bc I can't get one- I have quite a few of them (as well as genuine silver dimes, genuine copper Indian pennies, and a couple of brass Sacagawea dollar coins) my grandfather left me in his coin collection- and even though he'd be considered amateur in the sense that he didn't "store them the right way", etc., I still have several goodies. I even found one in my husband's year of birth for his recently made triple strength mojo bag :D The $2bill I originally used is marked (written on) as the spell calls for it. Additionally, it's a unique $2 bill bc of it's color, and although it's not super rare or worth a bunch of money, it's still different than a $2 bill I'd get from the bank. I don't want to use another unique $2 bill from his collection either (he has several), especially since I'm supposed to bury it (the bill) w/the remnants of the spell. What do you think?

I was considering placing both loaded and fixed candles inside the circle of herbs btw, not an individual circle for each candle (if I can do the same pyramid spell from the archives w/o the pyramid and using my two candles instead that is) so if that's feasible, and reusing the $2 bill is feasible, should I place the bill, new deposit slip, and lodestone in between the candles- or would you suggest I only do one candle that way (the spell format from the archives) and the other one the "normal" way?

I hope this isn't too confusing! Thank you for your help! :)

*eta- I totally understand/get your logic and point about getting rid of the rest of my pyramid candle, surrounding herbs, etc. and starting new. Just some clarification and/or pointers as to the questions I have would be lovely. Thanks again!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:12 pm

Hello, Bewitching redhead ,
You know, it's not absolutely necessary to write on the glass but I think it's a great idea. You would hold it upright and write going up. Don't make any lettering upside down.
I'd still use 2 candles.
For your question: "The idea I'm thinking of is to place them on the altar where the pyramid was, load and dress the candles, petition papers underneath, and encircle the candles with the same (but fresh, not the same as in the ones already on there) herbs/roots from the original spell I didn't finish? The one from the archives using the lodestone, $2bill, magnetic sand, and a deposit slip, include the same "runs" 3x day as suggested... just no pyramid shape candle and my other two instead? "
-THAT WOULD BE FINE
And you can use the same $2 bill. I was just thinking of the old magnetic sand, old herbs, and things that can get old and have no more energy
And for your question: I was considering placing both loaded and fixed candles inside the circle of herbs btw, not an individual circle for each candle (if I can do the same pyramid spell from the archives w/o the pyramid and using my two candles instead that is) so if that's feasible, and reusing the $2 bill is feasible, should I place the bill, new deposit slip, and lodestone in between the candles-
Yes, you can do that also. It's good when you use your own special touches on spells.
Keep us posted on the progesss!
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Bewitching redhead

Unread post by Bewitching redhead » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:41 am

Miss Aida wrote:Hello, Bewitching redhead ,
You know, it's not absolutely necessary to write on the glass but I think it's a great idea. You would hold it upright and write going up. Don't make any lettering upside down.
I'd still use 2 candles.
For your question: "The idea I'm thinking of is to place them on the altar where the pyramid was, load and dress the candles, petition papers underneath, and encircle the candles with the same (but fresh, not the same as in the ones already on there) herbs/roots from the original spell I didn't finish? The one from the archives using the lodestone, $2bill, magnetic sand, and a deposit slip, include the same "runs" 3x day as suggested... just no pyramid shape candle and my other two instead? "
-THAT WOULD BE FINE
And you can use the same $2 bill. I was just thinking of the old magnetic sand, old herbs, and things that can get old and have no more energy
And for your question: I was considering placing both loaded and fixed candles inside the circle of herbs btw, not an individual circle for each candle (if I can do the same pyramid spell from the archives w/o the pyramid and using my two candles instead that is) so if that's feasible, and reusing the $2 bill is feasible, should I place the bill, new deposit slip, and lodestone in between the candles-
Yes, you can do that also. It's good when you use your own special touches on spells.
Keep us posted on the progesss!
Take care
Perfect!! Thank you so much!! :)
And def I will-I always make a point to keep people I have asked for help posted on the progress. I think it's just the respectful/right thing to do.

AlRam

Unread post by AlRam » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi i have a question, which i hope is for this forum. i am burning a 7 day glass enclosed candle but when i tried putting 7 drops of oil on top alot of oil fell into the candle which is affecting how the candle burns, is there any other way to put the 7 drops of oil without spilling too much because some oil a more thinner than others so it is easier to spill alot.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:57 am

Candles are usually dressed before they are lit. Please read the following informational thread I've merged your post into: candles-trim-carve-load-petition-pray-d ... t9108.html

Again, I seriously suggest you consider a short magical coaching session since the information already available in the Forum doesn't seem to be clear. It can help you clear up these basic questions quickly and effectively.
Aura Laforest

joemo
HRCC Student

Unread post by joemo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:30 am

Hi All,

I have a black/white double-action candle enclosed in glass. The black part of the candle is on the top and the white part is below that. I have a question on how to properly dress the candle when it is encased in glass - if it wasn't encased in glass it would be fairly simple to properly dress. I want to use Reversing Oil and Attraction Oil and dress it properly. I know with a glass candle that you usually would poke a hole in the candle wax and insert the oil of choice, but how would you do it when you have a double-action candle and want to use both oils? Should you put a hole in the black part and have the whole not extend to the white part and then fill with the Reversing Oil, and then make a separate hole in the white part (it would obviously have to extend down through the black part of the candle) and fill that only up to the white part with the Attraction Oil? Or is there some other way this should be done? Thanks for any help with this.

- Joemo

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:08 pm

Hello, joemo ,

That's exactly right!!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

joemo
HRCC Student

Unread post by joemo » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:40 am

Thanks Miss Aida!

- joemo

morningstar_67

Unread post by morningstar_67 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:12 pm

hey so i finished reading the art of hoodoo candle magic
a while ago but i have a question about helper lights, just one- after preparing your fixed candle spell. with petition, oils ect. and you decide to burn the candle between sessions and have a helper vigil light constantly burning, do you prepare a petition paper for the helper light as well? or will the petition under the main candle suffice
thankyou st.dymphna
thank you archangels michael and raphael
thankyou luckymojo

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:32 am

Hi morningstar_67,
Some will have a petition for each, some will stick to the petition under the main candle only - both work for different people. Sometimes too, the helper will cary a slightly different but related petition, when you need it to work on a very precise issue related to the case.

Personally, I usually have a petition under the main candle only and then link it to the helper in a significant way to the work. That can be using a line of herb or of sachet powder between the candles, encircling the main candle with herb or sachet powder (if the helper is used to protect the main light rather than augment it) and putting the helper on the circle, by enclosing the main candle in a triangle or square of three or four supplementary lights, by tying the main light to the helper using ribbon, thread or twine (usually done when working multiple vigil lights simultaneously) - and those are just some of the ways to go about it, there are many more.
Aura Laforest

morningstar_67

Unread post by morningstar_67 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:26 am

thanks for that, yeah that makes a lot of sense, it made sense to me when i was reading the book but i like discussing things I'm a kinaesthetic learner lol, yes I'm definitely goin to go with the first way, use my vigil light to back up and continually burn. if cat would like to chime in well… ;) lol in any case you answered me just fine thank you.

p.s just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on dressing a or loading a helper light? thank you :)
thankyou st.dymphna
thankyou luckymojo

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:54 am

Hello Morningstar_67,

Personally whenever I have used helping lights I dress and load them. If I am only using a tea light type of candle i just anoint teh top with a little oil, but if I am using a vigil type of candle I give it the works! Hope this is helpful!

Peace~

Nathen

morningstar_67

Unread post by morningstar_67 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:44 pm

hey yeah it did help so thank you fr that, i had the same thought myself actually i just wanted to see what you ❨nathen or aura's thoughts on this were, or anyone else's thoughts are who would like to jump in on how they employ helper lights. regardless thank you. both of you
thankyou st.dymphna
thankyou luckymojo

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:52 pm

morningstar_67,

Helper lights can be anything from a chime candle to a figure candle, and how involved you get with it can change based on the work, worker or situation. Henry Gimach has a book about candle burning which uses an elaborate structure with candles, position and purpose, along with oils and prayers. I carve the petition on the candle, or how its helping, then dress with the proper oil and prayer and sprinkle with herbs. I then set it around the work in a manner that makes sense and supports the work. like if a honey jar id put it in a triangle. If doing protection work I would put helper candles in a circle. If drawing two ppl together I may put the helper but each figure candle and move them together closer.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi morningstar_67,

When I'm using helper lights, depending on the situation, they may be anointed, carved with a petition, loaded or rolled in herbs, or any combination thereof. It really depends what the job is and how Spirit leads - it's different every time.

I'm also particularly fond of working with freestanding tapers that have been custom fixed by rolling them in melted wax that has added herbs and oils specific to the condition. The candle is prepared while praying, sometimes the ashes of a burnt petition or verse of scripture is added to the melted wax as well. It yields really beautiful lights that provide lots of divinatory information as they burn. These tapers can either act as the main candle or as helper lights.
Aura Laforest

morningstar_67

Unread post by morningstar_67 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:47 pm

hey those are all very beautiful ways of working with helper lights, yeah i guess it does come down to what the work is, i always depend on God to lead and he never fails to come through :D.
thanks again for jumping in people, sorry for late respond btw.
i have one white vigil light and one very tall and thick white candle, the thick tall one will act as the main part of the job i will do and the vigil will be set to stay a light until its out even if the main candle goes out firstbecase that to me will mean that the work is completely finished.

thats how I'm going to work what are your thoughts on that ?
thankyou st.dymphna
thankyou luckymojo

Naexis

Unread post by Naexis » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:51 pm

How necessary is it to get rid of burnt out candle spells/wax/etc after you have finished with them? I've personally been storing the remaining candle nubs in a little wooden box that I keep in my altar cabinet. Is that okay to do?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:33 pm

Hello, Naexis ,

I think it's necessary.

It's called "deployment"

And you certainly don't want to keep anything around if it's cursing work.

Please read this page that Miss cat wrote: www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Wishing you the very best

Happy New Year
HRCC Graduate #1631

greentea

Unread post by greentea » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi LM family,
I started the cubeb berries stud on a big red votive candle on Monday night. I burned an hour every night for two nights and it's only 1/3 of it is burned. At the same time I continue my honey jar and noticed the old wicks formed an "S" shape the day before. I took it as either "sweet" "success" or my man's wife's first inital is an S. so I didn't over think and focus on the cubeb berries candle. Unfortunately, I requested to meet up soon on Tuesday and threw out the fact that we haven't met for 3 months. It's hard to maintain the feelings. He resisted. big time. he's not even willing to contact me yesterday and today. I didn't say break up and even tried to make him understand by telling him softly that i miss him so much that's why i was frustrated. but he resisted like never before.. i have never seen him avoid me so much like this time. anyone has any insights on how to go about or any immediate work I can do to help with releasing some of the tension? if the cubeb berries spell I am doing has anything to this situation (if any, it should be the other way around which is welcome me more right?!)

Thank you everyone.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:14 pm

Hello, singskyle ,

I suggest that you get a reading on this to find out what's going on with him and the proper spells to use.

Find readers at: http://readersandrootworkers.org
OR
www.hoodoopsychics.com

Also, please post questions in the appropriate subforum. This post did not belong in the spell kit forum

Thanks

Good luck!!
HRCC Graduate #1631

sunnysun

Unread post by sunnysun » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:24 pm

Hi peeps,

Been a while since i posted, (but have been reading) i wasnt sure which conversation to post this but need some help !!!!!!

I have burnt a boss fix glass candle to help me at work, but I dont know if it has helped me much :(

So now Im starting work on helping me get a new job, -kinda want fast action in finding a new one.
So heres what im doing
Im starting a glass candle the lodestone attraction one, with a pertition underneath, i have put a pair of lodestones by it. And also some gold helper candles that are carved but not sure which oil to use on them ?

Im wearing crown of sucrss on my for head and arms while im at work to help me do well.
And on my CVs i have put a dab of van van oil on them

Am i doing the right things ? And is there anything else i can be doing ?

Thank you in advance any help will be greatfully recived !!!

Moonlightdream

Unread post by Moonlightdream » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:44 pm

I wonder how others free standing bride and groom candles have turned out? Technically, I can't imagine that the bride and groom Candle could ever have a clear burn due to it's shape and when it's placed on a tray?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:08 am

Hello, sunnysun ,

I think you're doing the right things. Except I wouldn't use Van Van on the CV's. I would use something like:

Steady work: www.luckymojo.com/steadywork.html
Look Me Over: com/lookmeover.html
OR the Crown of success that ou already have

I also think that the steady work page that I gave you will give you more ideas as three's a lot of information on that page.

Wishing you Great success

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:11 am

Hello, Moonlightdream,

There have been thousands of success stories on this candle spell

And just light the bottom of the candle and let the wax melt a little bit and then put it on the tray. It will stick when it hardens.

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Shele456

Unread post by Shele456 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:56 pm

I have burned 3 consecutive free standing white candles to la negra francisca duarte for peace and clarity. The first two candles burned hollow; leaving only the outer shell of the wax. The first two burned rather rapidly and relatively clean with little black smoke. However, the third candle burned strong and bright. It also melted all the way down. When it burned there was a significant amount of black residue in the wax creating a marbled effect. This candle was burned for la negra francisca duarte and I also burned it while burning a clarity candle for St. Claire of Assisi. (With a clear glass of water and a photo of my intended under the glass).

*My question would then be since the first two were burned fast and hollowed out, how could the third candle be interpreted?! My intent for burning the candle is to bring peace, clarity, and return love back into my relationship. I feel the third candle had much to say... But I'm not sure how I feel about it since it melted completely down with black... I did read on lucky mojo the pages about candle divination. I have had a reading from Balthazar (which he instructed to burn a clarity candle for St. Claire of Assisi)... I will consult him again.
I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the difference in the first two and the third candle. Thank you!

Reason: See admin

Priya1220

Unread post by Priya1220 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:38 pm

Hey i am doing candle work to bring an ex back. I read somewhere that you are suppose to stroke to the top of the wick to bring in what you want. Am i correct? Because if i am not, then i feel like i am screwed. I just lit two red candles and dressed them that way along with my two other candles to two Saints in regards to getting my ex back.

I dressed the two red votive candles by rubbing the oil up the sides. And then i stopped there and then went and rubbed around the top without rubbing up and then i tried to rub it up to the wick a few times. Is it bad i dressed it this way and didnt rub straight up from the bottom until i got to the wick and then just rub around the top of the candle a lot without going up to the wick (i eventually did a couple times at the end), if that makes sense?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:40 pm

Hello, Priya1220 ,

Going up is to bring something/someone to you.

Going down is to take it away.

Check out thee sites:

http://www.luckymojo.com/oils.html

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

Also, please post questions in the correct subforum. Thank you

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Priya1220

Unread post by Priya1220 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:43 am

Hey, I am going to cleanse some candles i have using rubbing alcohol. It might be expired but not sure. If it is, can i please use hydrogen peroxide?

luckycat13

Unread post by luckycat13 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:36 pm

Priya,

Cleansing candles isn't intended to disinfect them. It's a symbolic ritual and hydrogen peroxide isn't necessary. If you don't have something traditional like Florida Water on hand, just pray over some water with sea salt in it and cleanse your candle with that. Salt= metaphysical cleansing staple.

Edited: I think I see....are you trying to actually remove the oil from the candle because of the direction you originally rubbed it on? I still think I would avoid rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. I would just wipe it off, use a little sea salt water to clear whatever confusion it might have caused, and carry on with redressing.

Priya1220

Unread post by Priya1220 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:48 pm

I read a site about cleansing candles and it said to use rubbing alcohol on them and to rub up the candle with it using a cotton ball, and it said that will get rid of any negative energies.

How much salt do i need? A couple pinches? And what prayer do i say?

Also thank you very much!

luckycat13

Unread post by luckycat13 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:52 pm

I have read that: alcohol, whiskey, rum, Florida Water....Hydrogen peroxide is in no way traditional (that I know of). But I shy away from all combustible dressings like alcohol (maybe I'm just a nervous ninny). You only need a pinch of salt in a small amount of water.

I tend to just pray my intent, in most situations.

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”