Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Cedar Wood Essential Oil Questions and Answersl

How to use Lucky Mojo conjure oils and ritual oils in magic spells, and which oils are best for your purposes.
ZeroMagic
Forum Member

Cedar Wood Essential Oil Questions and Answersl

Unread post by ZeroMagic » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:27 am

I hava a questiom about the cedar wood oil?
How is the smell?

I tjought it will smell like perfume with cedar wood.

Bit it smell more like tobacco i think 🤔

RevJames
HRCC Student
Re: Cedar Wood Essential Oil Questions and Answersl

Unread post by RevJames » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:39 am

ZeroMagic -

Cedar wood should smell like cedar wood essential oil as LM uses essential oils diluted so as to be skin-safe. Depending on the botanical name of the cedar it may smell slightly different but on average it should have a dry but smooth woody, sweet, balsamic fragrance.

Cedar wood is also a base note and fixative, and perfumes are composed, usually, of a top note (the initial scent), a middle note (the "heart" of the scent) and a base note (the scent that lingers.). Cedar wood would be used to "anchor" the other scents in a perfume or to "fix[ative]" them in place.

Hope this helps!
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:44 am

RevJames is correct -- Cedar Wood comes in a few variants, depending on the species, but every one of them has the fragrance of ... Cedar Wood. We use the pure essence and cut it with a carrier to make it skin-safe.
catherine yronwode

Rosewood
Forum Member

Unread post by Rosewood » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:34 pm

I am going to jump in here as I love Cedarwood oil. It doesn't smell like perfume ( although as RevJames mentioned, it is used in perfumes as a base note). Doesn't smell like tobacco either. I find tobacco has a sharp smell to it. Cedarwood has a wonderful deep woody and earthy fragrance. I find it mysterious and relaxing. It leans more towards Sandalwood than Rosewood (much sharper) although still very much a unique fragrance.

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Anointing and Dressing Oils in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”