Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Safflower Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
marcoa

Safflower Questions and Answers

Unread post by marcoa » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:17 am

Hello,

As a hoodoo practitioner and gay man I have a few questions regarding homosexual spells in Hoodoo. I'm curious to learn how these spells were passed down and what place in history they have within the hoodoo community. Are these particular spells a modern practice or are they part of an older tradition? :roll:

I'm aware of certain herbs in roots specifically used in spells for gay men. Queen Elizabeth root, unicorn roots and lavender are some. My main question is about safflower. How does this particular herb lend itself to homosexual love magic?

The spell I read about in Cat's "Hoodoo Herb And Root Magic" involves blending safflower and sampson snakeroot flowers to make an oil that draws a male lover. Why would the sampson snakeroot flowers be used and not the root? I'm very curious about this.

Could one also blend these two botanicals with other love herbs or oils to make a unique condition oil?

Thanks!

Marcoa

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Safflower

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:12 pm

The true Saffron, which is a crocus, has a long, long, long history of use in European love spells.

I believe that the use of Safflower as a gay love herb is not new, in that it derives from the plant's old English common name, "False Saffron" (a.k.a. "Dyer's Saffron" -- the latter referring to its use as a cloth dye). In this context, the word "false" then comes to symbolize a specific form of homosexuality, namely transgendering / cross-dressing in the pre-surgery era, if you know what i mean.

In the case of the oil recipe you mention, we use the flowers of the Sampson Snake Root, rather than the (male) root, in symbolic reference to some of the common names of Sampson Snake Root flowers, which refer to women's breasts. See HHRM for details.

HER-SAF-FLOW
Safflower Petals
$3.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
http://www.herbmagic.com/safflower.html
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

tisha

Unread post by tisha » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:05 am

my lovely gay friend smudges himself with safflower when looking for a date.

i wonder if this goes back to, well, not harlots because they were thought highly of, but of love educators dying their soles to show they were such?

kevin9

Unread post by kevin9 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:56 pm

It seems that the flowers are hard to come by, unless you grow them yourself.

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Unread post by J Simulcik » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:33 pm

kevin9

Besides the fact that Lucky Mojo sells it, safflower is grown in the United States as an oilseed crop, which necessitates allowing it to bloom. It is also almost universally native to the Western U.S. In imitating saffron, the yellow-orange petals are used.

HER-SAF-FLOW
Safflower Petals
$3.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

http://www.herbmagic.com/safflower.html
HRCC Student #1339

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:13 pm

The magical qualities of this product are described in this book, with folkloric hoodoo spells for use in practical conjure,

BOO-GRI-HHSC
Hoodoo Herb & Root Magic Paperback by catherine yronwode
$16.00

http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html
catherine yronwode

kevin9

Unread post by kevin9 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:07 am

I just started wondering about this...is this a "one-night stand" kind of oil?

Ksantero18
Newly Registered

Unread post by Ksantero18 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:28 am

hi im new to the practice as well as the site - i am gay. So far, my little venture with the oil recipe mentioned earlier is as follows: im gathering the ingredients (i have the safflower oil but i am currently waiting on the SS root and safflower petals to arrive). my question is how much of what do i use and how do i store it? U C, as soon as i got the safflower oil alone, i got curious and tried it by itself and to my surprise it worked bcuz unconsciously i went for a swim that day with a friend and forgot i had it on the back of my knees, thighs and ankles, and @ that very moment when I paid to get into the pool there's a gay guy right in front of me being really nice to me collecting my money and caressing my hand as he stuck the VIP paper bracelet around my hand - im not exaggerating . however it didnt get far, b'cuz we were mutually 'in the closet' 'n' everything and i thought from that day that i'd invest in the whole oil recipe to see better results. please extend your advice to me on how best i can use this oil recipe to find my dominant lover.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Safflower Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:51 am

HER-SAF-FLOW
Safflower Flowers
$3.50

catherine yronwode

Ksantero18
Newly Registered

Unread post by Ksantero18 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:28 pm

hi, i am posting up a concern about the rootwork i have done last year, i have made the oil (and even backed it up with a mojo bag of the same ingredients), and it pulled thru. however the guy and i have been together now for over 6months, and i suspect he's cheating on me (i just know it), what other forms of rootwork can i (a bottom/submissive type homosexual) do to keep my dominant (top) lover from tearing us apart? he isn't as clingy as he used to be although he swears how innocent he is of my suspicions, and i want 'us' again even though we haven't broken up yet. i want things to be normal again between us, pls help...

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:08 pm

Hello, Ksantero18,
So sorry to hear this.
You might want to try a Stay with me spell: www.luckymojo.com/staywithme.html
Also, have you considered a reading on the subject? Just in case he's telling the truth (or not)?
Here are some psychics for you:
http://readersandrootworkers.org
www.hoodoopsychics.com
Wishing you the best and hoping that all turns out well.
HRCC Graduate #1631

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:39 pm

This product qualifies to be included in the Lucky Mojo 6 Herb and Root Special.

When you order SIX of our regularly-priced herbs or roots, you only pay for FIVE and, as a BONUS GIFT -- we will also send you a FREE Red Flannel Bag that you can use to make your own mojo hand. Just order the Special, and be sure to list your SIX herbs and roots in the message area of your order.

HER-ZSP-6HRB
6 Herb and Root Special (6 Herbs + Red Bag)
$17.50

http://www.herbmagic.com/six-herb-special.html
catherine yronwode

SethB

Unread post by SethB » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:44 pm

I have not yet tried Safflower in gay magic. To be honest, I take a bit offense of it being false saffron and the idea that it was male prostitutes being "false" women. To me that is a sign of a time long past and the stigma put onto gay men based on that time of history. I'm not a false anything. Not looking for a debate; I just don't identify as being a male prostitute in a dress. Now, I'll have to try it just to get over my hangup.

That doesn't mean that I don't think it wouldn't work. Safflower doesn't have much of scent. It does have very slight maple nutty scent on the skin but it is not going to dominate a perfume rather it's just going to alter it almost imperceptibly.

I'm also not crazy about the color lavender neither nor do I enjoy that many of the gay potions smell very feminine. Male and female perfumes and potions often have the same ingredients; just in different amounts. However, I realize that if a male is feminine it may be the right thing for him.

But that's a sign that times of changed and that gay men can now identify and be seen as masculine men.

I do find for me personally, it is more difficult to find a gay love potion or herbal blend that pleases me because so many of them are made by what straight people and what straight people think it should be. Most of the potions out there are binary in that one person has to be masculine and the other feminine so it all just gets messed up. I have not yet smelled or tried Lucky Mojo's Q oil yet, so I can't speak to that.

I've found that I've just had to research a lot of herbs, deities and make my own blend that reflects how I feel about myself and what I'm looking for. The same thing goes for color. I have to think about what colors do I find make me think of love or that I think of as sexy in my work and not just pink, red and lavender.

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”