Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Uncrossing Bath Crystals Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herb baths, crystal salt baths, and floor washes for cleansing, protection, love, health, and luck.
WaGaBa

Re: Uncrossing Bath Crystals Questions and Answers

Unread post by WaGaBa » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:06 am

Hello great people:)

Can I take a spiritual bath for cleansing or uncrossing with a swim cap on? I know the time I’m supposed to do the bath and I want to do it before I go to work for a few weeks but I won’t have time to air dry my hair and get myself together for work plus get rid of the water so I was wondering if I can do the bath with a swim cap on so my hair doesn’t get wet? Especially with the below zero weather we’re I live. I don’t want to get sick.

WaGaBa

Unread post by WaGaBa » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:53 am

Hello again!

I know I asked this question before but I didn’t get a response yet. I’m starting the 13 herb bath today and I want to do it for longer then usual and I wanted to know if I can take a spiritual bath for cleansing or uncrossing with a swim cap on? I know the time I’m supposed to do the bath and I want to do it before I go to work for a few weeks but I won’t have time to air dry my hair and get myself together for work plus get rid of the water so I was wondering if I can do the bath with a swim cap on so my hair doesn’t get wet? Especially with the below zero weather we’re I live. I don’t want to get sick.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:42 pm

Hi WaGaBa,

I'm so sorry if we overlooked your post before. Sometimes the forum gets very busy and we do try to keep up but occasionally we miss something. My apologies to you.

As for taking the cleansing bath with a swim cap on, I wouldn't advise that. The purpose of the 13 herb bath is to cleanse you of any spiritual gunk that is clinging to you, from head to toe. Wearing a swim cap defeats that purpose, as part of you will not be cleansed by the bath. It's analogous to having dirty hands but putting on a pair of rubber gloves before washing them. It wouldn't make sense to do that.

I'm not sure what you meant by wanting to do the bath "longer than usual". Do you mean in terms of days or time spent in the bath itself? It is designed for 13 days, which is just short of two weeks and long enough to get you spiritually clean.

It's important to follow this ritual as described for your best success. Taking the time to bathe, dry and take some of the water to the crossroads is needed, so I would either set my alarm earlier to have more time or else do this when the weather is warmer and you're less concerned about getting sick from the cold. Either way, I would make sure you bathe yourself from head to toe to make sure you are really cleansed.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

WaGaBa

Unread post by WaGaBa » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:49 am

Thank you! Miss Athena, sorry for the double post but I wanted to get start ASAP! I have a question Miss Athena, May I inbox you?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:30 am

Hi WaGaBa,

We do not have inbox or private messaging on the forum. All questions can be asked in the appropriate thread, so feel free to ask me here.

Thanks.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:58 pm

Hello, WaGaBa --

Although i agree with Miss Athena's general response -- that "It's important to follow this ritual as described for your best success" -- i do DIS-agree with her statement that you must cleanse "from head to toe" and i would like to point out that, having grown up and learned this form of folk magic in the African American community, i was taught, and i always teach, that "if it i not a day that you are washing your hair, just wash your face and bathe from the neck down."

Most European Americans have oily hair and must wash their hair daily or every two days to get the oil out. Most African Americans have dry hair and must add conditioners and restrict the number of times they wash their hair per week. The use of leave-in oil-based products like pomade, hair grease, shea butter, conditioner, hair nourisher, and so forth is one reason why anointing spiritual oils into the hair -- for love, luck, money, or protection -- is so important in African American conjure.

And this is the "ritual as described" -- because i have been teaching it thus for decades and doing so in this forum for ten years.

1994 (on the "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web site; also in the book, "The Black Folder"):
Bath Crystals, Floor Washes, and Spiritual Soaps for Cleansing
www.luckymojo.com/baths.html
(c) 1994 ... scooping up the ritual number of handfuls of water to pour over the head or, if they don't want to muss their hair-do, from the neck down.

2009:
Cleansing Before and-or After Performing Rootwork
forum.luckymojo.com/cleansing-before-and-or-after-performing-rootwork- spells-t654-25.html
Aug 16, 2009 ... As for the bath, you can bathe from the neck down

2010:
Road Opener Bath Crysstals Question and Answers - Lucky Mojo Forum
forum.luckymojo.com/road-opener-bath-crystals-questions-and-answers- t19826.html
Apr 14, 2010 ... If it is causing problems for your hair, you can bathe from the neck down, rather than pouring the water over your head.

2011:
Crown of Success Honey Jar Spell Kit Questions and Answers ...
forum.luckymojo.com/crown-of-success-honey-jar-spell-kit-questions-and- answers-t16265-120.html
Jul 7, 2011 ... If you don't want to mess your hair, you can bathe from the neck down.

2011:
General Questions About Lucky Mojo Baths, Washes, and Waters ...
forum.luckymojo.com/general-questions-about-lucky-mojo-baths-washes- and-waters-t7529-240.html
Oct 21, 2011 ... There are several "right" ways -- and washing the face and then pouring or wiping from the neck down is old and traditional.

And there are many more instance of this at the web site and the Forum, but you get the idea.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:31 pm

Miss cat, thank you so much for that clarification. I neglected that reference from the Black Folder here. I just felt that if we want to uncross ourselves, it is best to be thorough as we do when cleansing a home - we wouldn't want to neglect a room or area where negativity could just fester and resume.

I stand corrected and thank you again for reminding us of history and tradition.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:38 pm

Thanks, Miss Athena. We get so many inquiries on this Forum that it i difficult to keep everything in mind.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Ngu

Unread post by Ngu » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:45 pm

Hi! After I do the uncrossing bath, will I need to redo any spells done before the bath?
Thank you!
Ngu

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:57 pm

Hi Ngu,

The Uncrossing bath is designed to remove any negative spiritual gunk that is clinging to you. You wouldn't need to re-do any spells you've done for yourself or others (presuming you did not choose to cross yourself up), as that work won't be affected.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Ngu

Unread post by Ngu » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:06 pm

Miss athena,
Thank you, it does!
Ngu

justtryingto
Newly Registered

Unread post by justtryingto » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:24 am

Hi,
I have been doing Uncrossing bath since yesterday, I planned to either do it 2 or 3 times in a row. The first one went well.

Today I did my second bath and I noticed after I got out of the shower one of the white candles i put on either side of the bath had gone out, presumably from the water splashing around a bit. :cry:

Does this mean it didn't work or is bad luck?

Should I take another?

Thanks

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:11 pm

justtryingto,

Welcome to the forum! Was the candle out before you stepped through? If you were already past them, then I wouldn't worry about it. I usually just let the candles burn down anyway. If you think the candle was when you stepped between them or if it went out as you were passing by, I would start the uncrossing over. 3 is a great run of baths to do in a row.

I hope this helps.
HRCC Graduate #2145

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Baths and Washes in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”