• Advertisement
Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:30 pm

US Cent, Dime, Dollar, Two Dollar Bill Questions and Answers

How to select, dress, fix, empower, and employ Lucky Mojo magical amulets, charms, seals, papers, talismans, and jewelry.

Silver vs sterling silver?

Unread postby Odessa » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:17 pm

Is there any difference between sterling silver and the silver content in the Mercury dime? ( magick wise?) is one better than another? Are they equally in properties?
Odessa

Re: Silver vs sterling silver?

Unread postby jwmcclin » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Mercury dime has its place in conjure, read further here (http://www.luckymojo.com/silverdime.html) ....These dimes are a powerful and useful magical curio that is often employed in Hoodoo for luck, protection and wealth. It is said that a Mercury Dime from a leap year was the most powerful amulet for gambling luck and if it was from your birth year, even better!
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Silver vs sterling silver?

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Sterling silver is currently set at a legal limit as an alloy of silver containing 92.5% by mass of silver and 7.5% by mass of other metals -- however, the term originally referred to coin silver, specifically a type of coin with little stars on it (sterling means a little star). So although sterling is the old name for highly purified silver from which coins used to be made, and the silver content of US silver coins is .900 -- not .925 -- the coins are still considered more or less equivalent to sterling silver, except by metallurgists.

AMU-USA-DIME
Genuine Silver Mercury Dime (Winged Liberty Dime)
$8.00

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Mercury Dime Questions and Answers

Unread postby DarkMysticFool » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:49 pm

I have just constructed a mercury dime anklet. I used a barrel knot and tied nine pieces of devil's shoestring into the knots. I used rather thick hemp twine. The finished amulet is 9 knots and the mercury dime. I anointed it with Fiery Wall of Protection oil from Lucky Mojo. Does this sound ok?
DarkMysticFool

Re: Silver dimes and $2 bills for custom made mojo bags

Unread postby LuckyButterfly » Sun May 13, 2012 7:24 am

If there is no instruction of adding a 2 dollar bill in your custom made mojo, can i add it anyways? as well as the silver dime. Was just curious if this was alright.
LuckyButterfly

Two Dollar Bill Questions and Answers

Unread postby Sands » Sun May 20, 2012 11:23 am

I ordered a mojo several months ago and I am finally ready to use it right away, to ward off something. However, I have discovered that a $2.00 bill is required, as per the enclosed instructions. It must either be brand new or issued in a leap year. I found one and it apparently was not issued in a leap year. Are there alternatives to such a specification? Or must I follow the requirements exactly in order for the mojo to be effective?
Sands

Re: Two Dollar Bill Questions and Answers

Unread postby Doctor Hob » Sun May 20, 2012 2:26 pm

I understand. Keep in mind that the instructions are set up the way they are for a reason. I'm not saying using a substitution will nullify it completely, but it won't work as well as if done properly. "Brand new" does not mean "this year." It means "crisp and fresh."
Two-Headed Doctor
Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Sands » Sun May 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Thank you Mr. Hob. I get your meaning. :D
Sands

Unread postby MaryBee » Mon May 21, 2012 3:53 am

I don't know if the mojo bag was from Lucky Mojo, but I don't recall the directions of any of the mojo bags saying the bill *must* have been issued in a leap year. Brand new is always lucky for bills, but if all you can get from a bank is a brand new 2 dollar bill that was issued in a non-leap year, I'd go ahead and use it.

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.
MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon May 21, 2012 9:49 am

In addition, for those who, for whatever reason, cannot get a two dollar bill, Lucky Mojo SELLS Two Dollar Bills at the grand price of .... TWO DOLLARS! No kidding.

AMU-USA-TDOL
Two-Dollar Bill, USA Currency, from the US Mint!
$2.00

(And, no, the instructions do NOT say that the two dollar bill "must" have been issued during a leap year or "must" be brand new, only that coins and bills issued during leap years, and brand new coins and bills, are preferred because they are considered more lucky than worn-out ones or those issued during non leap years. Since two dollar bills from a bank are de facto "brand new," the qualification of "brand new" is quite simple to fulfill and should be a cause of triumphal success, not a cause of frustrated despair! How people can turn an anecdotal folkloric recommendation into a strict prohibition against NOT following the anecdotal folkloric recommendation is truly beyond my simple understanding.)
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby j82 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:41 am

I have gone to the bank and asked for specific leap year $2 bill I selected a year close to a childs age and said its for a kids birthday, they thought it was cute and I purchased a few 2 bills ( figured I get a few for next time). Sometimes the soulution is easier then we think.
j82

Unread postby Aaery » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:37 am

I used a twenty dollar bill in my mojo bag because I could not get a two dollar bill. I think that a twenty dollar bill is just as lucky as a two dollar bill. But, what do you think? Will my spell still work?
Aaery

Unread postby Turnsteel » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:30 pm

Aaery,

A twenty dollar bill does not have the same sort of thing going on as a two dollar bill. Two dollar bills are lucky because they are rare, twenty's are common. That isn't to say that your spell will fail tho, but it is not the same as using a two dollar bill.
Turnsteel

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:05 am

I agree with Turnsteel here. The 2 dollar bill has specific significance,
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:29 pm

You can certainly use a 20.00 bill in a lodestone spell to draw money to you or in Money Drawing or Money Stay With Me.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:32 am

There are SO many ways you can use a 20, 50, or even a 100 dollar bill in various works...but when a 2 dollar bill is called for...best to get yourself a 2 dollar bill! :)
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ProfessorAmes » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:20 am

I know this is an older thread, but no one addressed the poster's comment that the bag had been purchased and sat unused for several months. My understanding of mojo bags is a few things - it is alive - it has spirit to it and that spirit must be fed regularly and trained to the owner of the bag, else it dies. I'd be concern if this bag was sitting in a drawer unattended to for a long time. When you make or get a mojo it's like getting a pet or (at least) a houseplant. You need to give it attention for it to flourish.

I know some bags are prepared up to the point of having the client add personal concerns and such, but is there a time limit?
ProfessorAmes
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:34 am

Ames, you are right -- a mojo bag is made "alive" by breath and prayer and should not sit around in a drawer. "Personalization" is not the same as making it live. If it has set around, you would have to go through the "enlivening" process again -- and, if you are a good, accomplished worker, you would anyway, if you opened the bag and placed a personal item inside it.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby thatgirl » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:15 pm

I used to keep a dressed and blessed 20 in my wallet as part of a money stay with me. $2 bills in the wallet are quite common. As a kid my mom would give me one every pay period. The deal with the $2 bill is "luck". Some people out there say they're good luck, others say they're bad luck. Similar to the use of the black cat bone (among other things) using a $2 bill is taking something that was otherwise considered negative and using it to your advantage.

So, substituting a $2 bill for a $20 bill is different in that... a 20 may function to draw money, while the $2 bill may function to draw good luck, repel bad luck, and protect your finances. So, yes, a $20 bill can work to draw money to you, but it's function is different from that of a $2 bill.
thatgirl

Re: Re: Sacagawea Dollar Coin Questions and Answers

Unread postby Bibi » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:14 pm

I figured Sacagawea might be a decent substitution for a Scout penny. :) Thank you so much!
Bibi

Re: US Cent, Dime, Dollar, Two Dollar Bill Questions and Answers

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:28 pm

LuckyButterfly,

Of course you can add a two dollar bill. You can even use it as paper on which to write your petition!

AMU-USA-TDOL
$2.00

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:42 am

I love the use of paper money as petition. Very strong.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Psychic Mimi » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:18 am

Hi, guys!

I wanted to put together my mojo, and the instructions call for a $2.00 bill and a dime with your birth year on it.

I got the birth year dime with no problems,

When I got my $2.00 bill, I didn't check that it had my birth year on it -- and it did not.

I haven't put my mojo together yet because of that bill not having my birth year on it.

Am I interpreting the instructions correctly when I try to get both with my birth year, or did it mean that only the dime had to have the birth year? :?:
Psychic Mimi

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:27 am

Two dollar bills were not made in every year, therefore you cannot logically expect to purchase a two sollar bill with your birth year on it. We have two dollar bills for sale, but they are not sorted according to birth year.

AMU-USA-TDOL
$2.00

You can order right here in the forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Psychic Mimi » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:35 pm

Oh good! Thank you for clearing that up. I wasn't sure if I was reading the instructions correctly, and since it's my first mojo bag, I want to do it right.
Psychic Mimi

Mercury Dime Questions and Aswers

Unread postby orion » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:00 am

Does the Mercury Dime also have properties to enhance communication?
orion

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:05 am

orion,

Yes, the Mercury Dime can be used in any trick or spell relating to the old Roman god Mercury, including situations and conditions centered around speech, writing, communication, trade, negotiations, gambling, manual dexterity, and short-distance travel.

AMU-USA-DIME
$8.00

Click the blue Add To Cart button to order right here in the forum!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

2 Dollar Bills.

Unread postby Vera » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:52 am

A couple of days ago, I headed to a pawn shop to sell some pieces of jewelry to make ends meet. To my dismay, the shop owner handed me $34.00 in 2009 crispy $2.00 bills.
They may be lucky bills but I do have a dilemma as I need the extra cash and hate the thoughts of spending them.
Not sure why he gave them to me;would have been happy with one or two but 17 of them?
Any thoughts on what to do with them? Save them and perhaps again sell some stuff to compensate or just use them.
Thank you and much blessings.
Vera

Re: 2 Dollar Bills.

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:00 am

Dress them and bless them as trained hunting money, then send them out into the world to hunt more money for you!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Vera » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:28 am

Thank you very much for your advise. Shall do.
Blessings.
Vera

Two Dollae4 Bill and Dime From My Birth Year.

Unread postby HoodooNoob » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:46 am

I need to made a money mojo bag with a two dollar bill from my birth year 1983 and a dime where can I find these in your catalog?

Thanks in advance.
HoodooNoob

Re: Where in the catalog can I find the following?

Unread postby Mama Rue » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 am

You should call the shop and ask the staff.
Where there's a will, there's a root.
HRCC #1953S
Mama Rue

Re: Two Dollae4 Bill and Dime From My Birth Year.

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:13 pm

Hello, Hoodoo Noob

1) Two Dollar bills were not made in every year. The birth year of your choice may not be available..

For those who, for whatever reason, cannot get a two dollar bill, Lucky Mojo SELLS Two Dollar Bills at the grand price of .... TWO DOLLARS! No kidding.

AMU-USA-TDOL
$2.00

(And, no, the instructions do NOT say that the two dollar bill "must" have been issued during a leap year or "must" be brand new, only that coins and bills issued during leap years, and brand new coins and bills, are preferred because they are considered more lucky than worn-out ones or those issued during non leap years. Since two dollar bills from a bank are de facto "brand new," the qualification of "brand new" is quite simple to fulfill and should be a cause of triumphal success, not a cause of frustrated despair! How people can turn an anecdotal folkloric recommendation into a strict prohibition against NOT following the anecdotal folkloric recommendation is truly beyond my simple understanding.)

2) The only dimes we sell are silver dimes, made before 1945, and the only pennies we sell are Indian Head Cents, made before 1909. We also sell Sacagaweya dollar coins and an assortment of foreign (CHinese and African) coins. For a specific coin from a specific year, try your local coin shop -- most towns have one.

AMU-USA-DIME
$8.00

AMU-USA-CENT
Genuine Copper Indian Head Cent (Indian Head Penny)
$4.00

And give Sacagawea a try! She was a good scout too, you know!

AMU-USA-SACA
Sacagawea Dollar Coin, Brass
$1.00

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Rev Ken » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:10 am

I received a Mercury Dime for Christmas. My room-mate already put it in a holder that I can put a chain on. Since I already have so many necklaces that get tangled up I was thinking about wearing it as an anklet like described in the HITAP pages. I guess my questions are since it is a gift, can I continue to use it even after it tarnishes or takes a hit? Can I use it also in mojo bags and continue to reuse it? Or should I really get more mercury dimes and use each for different purposes. Wasn't sure if you all dispose of your mercury dimes after using them in bags or charms as there are a limited number any more. I hope that made sense.
Rev Ken

Unread postby Miss Aida » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:42 pm

Hello, Gunterk,
I would personally use different ones for different purposes. But that's just me. Other rootworkers may give you other valuable advice
Of course, they can be cleaned and re-used
And I would NEVER dispose of them. If I was using one, for example, in a mojo hand and the mojo hand was dying, I would take that dime, clean and bless it, and use it for another mojo hand (after cleansing).
Now, if it took a hit, no, I don't think I would be using that dime for other purposes.
I hope this made sense.
Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Find me on the AIRR website
http://readersandrootworkers.org
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Ernie » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:25 am

Okay, here's a question for ya'll... A dear friend of mine works as a curb painter (painting the street address number on the curb in front of people's houses). She charges $20 per address. Recently she was paid in $2 bills (ten of them). She's wondering if she should be keeping these bills for luck purposes, or if she should just keep one of them and spend the rest, or should she spend them on a project that's quite important to her??? What is the significance of $2 bills that come to you unrequested? It's a question I've never encountered before, hence the shout out for help! :) Thanks in advance to everyone!
Ernie
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Phoenix » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:36 am

Ernie, I would dress them and use them for money work, keeping three (just because I like threes) for my money altar. But that is just me. I am sure that there are million interesting things she could do with them. But they are good money hunting dogs. :)
Miss Phoenix
MissionaryIndependent.org/readings.html
Hoodoo Psychics: 1-888-4-HOODOO
Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread postby veggiekiller88 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:19 pm

Hello, all.
I've read a bit about Indian-head cents, and am interested in getting some. I read a spell somewhere on here about nailing them above your door way to keep away the law. My question is, do you nail them facing outward or does it matter? It makes more sense to me to do it that way, but I wasn't sure. I'm going to have to figure out how to get them up without actually putting a hole through them. I would not feel good about putting a hole through a piece of history lol
veggiekiller88

Unread postby veggiekiller88 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:21 pm

Another thing I've read on this thread that I find potentially problematic is drinking filings from a silver dime. This may just be my ignorance speaking, but is it really a good idea to drink metal filings?
veggiekiller88

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:09 pm

Hello, VeggieKiller,
Have you read this page yet? www.luckymojo.com/indianheadcent.html
I would face them outward because they are keeping an eye out.
As far as the silver dime, I would use a very little bit of the shavings and then make sure to strain it.
Read more here: www.luckymojo.com/silverdime.html
But, if you're uncomfortable, then please don't do anything that makes you feel that way.
Hope this helps
Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby veggiekiller88 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:10 pm

Thank you, Miss Aida! That page is how I discovered Indian Head cents, but as it did not really specify to nail them facing outwards, I wasn't sure. However, it makes perfect sense to do it that way, and I was pretty sure that that was the right thing to do. I just was not certain. Thank you for clarifying though!

As for the filings for a mercury dime, I hadn't read about straining them first! I'm relieved to hear that that. At first, I was a little worried when I thought about people drinking metal filings. Doesn't seem too good for the digestive tract. lol
veggiekiller88

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:41 am

Silver has been ingested in small quantities for centuries. It was a common remedy for intestinal issues in the ancient world and was also used as a container for milk. Silver was believed to be a preservative for milk and so it was always stored in silver.

In large quantities anything can be dangerous, but there is a history to silver in milk. Even today there are some alternative practices that involve ingesting silver in the form of Collodial Silver not to mention the opulent garnishes of silver and gold. But like Miss Aida said, if you are uncomfortable, just don't do it.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Shantilly Lace » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:38 am

I would also like to know if we can use local currency?
Thank you
Shantilly Lace

Unread postby deaconmillett » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:30 am

The local currency question is deeper than you might think! Rootwork is all about local botany issues!

To me, the main question is not about a rule, but about a concept: what is the money FOR?

If you are doing a Lodestone spell to attract money, you want it in the local currency, right? Same thing for hunting money -- it won't hunt if it can't get out there and work!

On the other hand, as a lucky piece we may want something more exotic or rare. I carry foreign bills in my wallet because I love travel and want spirit to know I'm ready to go!

The actual imagery on some money is the key as well: the word Liberty, the depiction of Mercury, etc.

Many blessings,

Deacon Millett
deaconmillett
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Shantilly Lace » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:03 pm

Thank you
Shantilly Lace

Unread postby deaconmillett » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:44 am

The spells that specify *particular* money should use that money. Even in the US, we have to go to coin shops to find the right coins!

Our money happens to come in fives, the norm for every place I've been.

Perhaps you can give me an example of what you're thinking?

When working lodestones and the like, I use bigger bills to attract more money.

Many blessings,

Deacon Millett
deaconmillett
Forum Moderator

Unread postby deaconmillett » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:14 am

Well, let's consider...

The power of the first three (nickel, dime, quarter) comes from them being hidden at a crossroads. So it's not the American currency so much as three non-penny coins being empowered. Three is a lucky number, and it repeats in the three silver dimes.

Now, silver dimes are hard to come by. They have intrinsic value rather than being mere legal tender. If I were doing the spell, I would purchase three silver dimes from Lucky Mojo. It adds the benefit of tradition to the work...

Many blessings,

Deacon Millett
deaconmillett
Forum Moderator

Unread postby deaconmillett » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:54 am

You got it!

Many blessings,

Deacon Millett
deaconmillett
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MissMichaele » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:27 am

Tao And Zen, the particular magical value of the U.S. Liberty Dime -- or as it is often called by magical workers, the "Mercury Dime" -- is the symbolism on the coin and the silver it is made of. You gave us such a lovely lesson on peach trees in Chinese magic last week :) and I'd like to return the favor by directing you to this page:

Silver Dimes (Mercury Dimes)
http://www.luckymojo.com/silverdime.html

Good luck,

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Must I use American currency in mojo bags?

Unread postby AllsingI » Sun May 25, 2014 4:38 pm

Why should i use the american currency?
Last edited by catherineyronwode on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Split from another topic
AllsingI

Re: Must I use American currency in mojo bags?

Unread postby MissMichaele » Sun May 25, 2014 10:25 pm

AllsingI,

The magical uses of US currency have deeper roots in history than the current size of the national debt. Some US coins and bills are lucky in themselves, for reasons having to do with the design and the cultural associations of the bills and coins themselves. You will find much more information in this thread -- where I am moving your post.

Good luck,

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Re: Must I use American currency in mojo bags?

Unread postby j82 » Mon May 26, 2014 3:34 pm

LM also sells American currency at face value, but does charge shipping. The same can be purchased or any bank if you ask for them. If your reason for asking was due to availability I hope that helps!
j82

Re: Money Draw & Return Lover - Preparation

Unread postby kaboodle » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:09 am

I live in Europe, do I still put a 2 dollar bill or the local currency that's equivalent to $2?
kaboodle

Re: Money Draw & Return Lover - Preparation

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:07 pm

Hello, kaboodle ,
I would use the $2 bill. It follows Hoodoo tradition
Wishing you the best
PROUD member of AIRR
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Birthdate coins

Unread postby Moonlightdream » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:19 am

Hi,
I want to order a nation sack mojo. I know that coins with my birthdate and his birthdate needs to be bought as well. Does LM provide coins with specific birthdate, ex 1984 and 1981? What more do I need for a nation sack? Thanks
Moonlightdream

Re: Birthdate coins

Unread postby Miss Aida » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:31 pm

Hello, Moonlightdream,

Yes, we do sell them (they don't just provide them). You would have to order seperately

I am moving and merging your post to the appropriate subforum where your questions will be answered about the coins.

Wishing you the very best
PROUD member of AIRR
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Spell-Casting for Luck in Lottery Play

Unread postby Miss Aida » Mon May 18, 2015 9:48 pm

Hello, LoveMyDogs,

here you go:

AMU-USA-DIME
$8.00

PROUD member of AIRR
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Re: Spell-Casting for Luck in Lottery Play

Unread postby Lovemydogs » Tue May 19, 2015 2:06 pm

Hello,

Sorry to ask a dumb question but does it have to be of a year according to your list? Mercury dime, leap years would be 1916, 1920, 1924, 1928, 1932, 1936, 1940, and 1944 ?
Lovemydogs

Unread postby Miss Aida » Wed May 20, 2015 9:06 pm

Hllo, Lovemydogs ,

I am sorry but I have no idea what you are asking us.

Can you be more specific?
PROUD member of AIRR
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Lovemydogs » Sat May 23, 2015 10:36 am

Hello :)

Your little picture there of the mercury dime is of the year 1941 and all I was asking was wouldn't the coin have to be from the leap years of 1940 or 1944?

I am definitely interested in purchasing one but would you be able to tell me the page where I can go to to read about all of your choices of coins that you sell and what they are good for?

Thank You!
Lovemydogs

PreviousNext

• Advertisement
Association of Independent Readers & Rootworkers

Return to Amulets, Charms, Seals, Papers, and Jewelry in Hoodoo