• Advertisement
Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Buffalo Ammonia Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herb baths, crystal salt baths, and floor washes for cleansing, protection, love, health, and luck.

Buffalo Ammonia Questions and Answers

Unread postby chatocamacho » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:20 pm

Which one would you prefer to use?
chatocamacho

Re: Buffalo Ammonia Questions and Answers

Unread postby Literarylioness » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:31 pm

chatocamacho wrote:Which one would you prefer to use?

Depends on the situation.

Chinese Wash is great as a two way deal, because you are cleaning something and making it "lucky." The Buffalo Ammonia is a powerful cleaner and jinx buster. I actually would use them both with the Buffalo Ammonia first, followed by the Chinese Wash.

If a place just feels a bit "funky," I would use Chinese Wash. If I had a very horrid experience in a place, I would use Buffalo Ammonia followed by Chinese Wash. Also Chinese Wash is great for bringing in business, so I would use that at a place of business.

Depends on situation though,

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby chatocamacho » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:27 pm

I decided to use buffalo ammonia to cleanse my house and I just have a few questions.

In the instructions it says to scrub the floors, since I have carpet all over my house, would I scrub the carpet? Could I also scrub ythe walls?
Do I have to cleanse the whole house, or could I just do one room?
chatocamacho

Re: chinese wash or buffalo ammonia?

Unread postby Lukianos » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:30 pm

Hi chatocamacho,

chatocamacho wrote:Which one would you prefer to use?

That would depend on what I'm doing. If I'm cleaning off new candles, Buffalo ammonia is the choice. If I'm doing a routine mopping of the floor to cleanse the space spiritually, then Chinese Wash is preferred. If I'm making a spiritual bath, well, probably neither (although some baths could include Buffalo Ammonia--I just prefer not to). What is your desired application for these cleansing products?
Lukianos

Unread postby Literarylioness » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:30 pm

chatocamacho wrote:I decided to use buffalo ammonia to cleanse my house and I just have a few questions.

In the instructions it says to scrub the floors, since I have carpet all over my house, would I scrub the carpet? Could I also scrub ythe walls?
Do I have to cleanse the whole house, or could I just do one room?

Cleanse the whole house. If you have carpents, just use a straw broom or sponge mop lightly on them. You don't have to drench the carpets down. Make sure you get rid of the broom or mop after you are done.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby chatocamacho » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:37 am

I am going to make a mineral bath by adding four thieves vinegar, salt, and buffalo ammonia but I was just wondering if it is dangerous if by accident some of it goes down my mouth
chatocamacho

Re: using buffalo ammonia

Unread postby Literarylioness » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:43 am

chatocamacho wrote:I am going to make a mineral bath by adding four thieves vinegar, salt, and buffalo ammonia but I was just wondering if it is dangerous if by accident some of it goes down my mouth

If you only put in a drop or two to a couple of gallons of water, you should be fine. Why not take a bath formulated for that? Since it looks like you are into cleansing, you can use Uncrossing Bath Crystals found here: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbaths.html

So just don't use the whole bottle of Buffalo Ammonia in the bath.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby carolina_dean » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:00 pm

On the use of ammonia in Hoodoo, how do you respond to people who say that it is harmful to the environment?

I understand that the use of ammonia in Hoodoo is traditional, but 100 years ago people were carrying around liquid mercury in nutmegs before they found out it was harmful and according to Cat's website bluestone was once used in mojo hands for gambling and protection before it was discovered that bluestone was toxic and unsafe to handle.

In the new millennium when people are trying to go green and become more earth friendly, is it time to stop using ammonia as well?

Carolina Dean

PS: I'm just asking this for the sake of discussion and am not judging anyone or looking to pick a fight.
Carolina Dean
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate # 56G
carolina_dean
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Bri » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi Dean,

Its a good question and something that I hear more and more from my clients, a concern about greening their hoodoo supplies! This is one of the many reasons that I stick to LMC products--because they are not toxic and laden with a bunch of chemicals that I don't want anywhere near me! As far as the ammonia goes, I have always considered a substitute for one's own urine, and I prefer to "go natural" if you know what I mean ;)

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby J Simulcik » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:17 pm

Ammonia is toxic to the body, and there are several systems in place to get rid of it quickly. All of them, however, excrete their products in the urine. Something to think about....
J Simulcik

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:32 am

Household Ammonia is a highly dilute form of Ammonia. Additionally, the use of Ammonia in spiritually cleaning is measured in drops per bucket, diluting it further. No one is ingesting it.

By the way, a dilute solution of Ammonia is one of the best ways to neutralize a jellyfish sting, if you ever get one.

WAT-BFA-GL04
Buffalo Ammonia, 4 oz.
$5.25

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby preppieroots » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:11 pm

Cleanse the whole house. If you have carpents, just use a straw broom or sponge mop lightly on them. You don't have to drench the carpets down. Make sure you get rid of the broom or mop after you are done.

Hi,
the text that I highlighted, about getting rid of the broom and mop after using it in this cleansing, is this true for any house cleansing?

Like, if I were to use the Chinese Wash to clean out my home (which I am about to do) do I need to throw away the mop and broom when I am done? Or is this specific to the use of Buffalo Ammonia?

Thank you.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1530
preppieroots

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:45 pm

I was always told that for a cleaning you get rid of the broom and mop far off from your property, regardless of exactly how you go about that cleaning, but thats just how i was taught.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby preppieroots » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:51 pm

oh fudge! That sure puts a kink in my plans.... I need a mop I don't mind chucking out... but Thank you HailDiscordia, for the reply. I appreciate it.

Does everyone here do this each time they use any of these washes? Maybe only doing it once or twice a year is best.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1530
preppieroots

Unread postby Devi Spring » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:44 am

Personally, if you were cleaning up a very specific and bad mess, then I would get a new mop/broom and then dispose of it afterwards.

However for routine spiritual cleansing I don't toss the cleaning implements, I spray it down with florida water.

That's just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. :)
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby sassafrassblonde » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:19 am

Even though I use 'green' cleaning products on a normal day....I use the 'cleansing' products the old fashioned way. A few drops of the buffalo ammonia along with the chinese wash is literally a breath of fresh air.

I only throw out the old broom and mop once a year, after a major cleansing. Otherwise, I do the same as someone else said, cleaning them with Florida Water.

Sassy
sassafrassblonde

Unread postby operasinger » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:08 am

I used Chinese Wash today. I washed my living room 2 times from back wall to door, but don't know if I made mistake using same mop with orange water also. Kinda cleansing one room at the time? Should i get rid of that mop immediatly and use a new one for orange water...?

Comments? Suggestions? :?
operasinger

Unread postby aura » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi operasinger,

Most people don't get rid of their mops after a spiritual cleaning unless it's a really bad mess that you're dealing with (mops can get expensive after all!); they simply cleanse it with a spray of Florida Water or a dilute spritz of Chinese Wash and hot water.

Some have mops and swiffers just for spiritual cleansing and some use their usual mop and bucket.

So in brief, you'll have to decide on your modus operandi depending on your comfort level and funds.
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:01 pm

The idea of discarding a mop or broom after cleaning is ridiculous to me. It is conspicuous consumption, a waste of resources, a financial drain, and a uselessly baroque "rule" that has been thoughtlessly added to or conflated with the much older rule to use a new broom when you move to a new house.

Obviously, if the traditional statement is "buy a new broom when you move to a new home," this means that moving is special and normally you do NOT buy a new broom!

Sheesh.

Too many calories!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby aura » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:21 am

:lol: Right On Miss Cat! My old mop, bucket and broom with their nicks and bumps from much use, sitting in their usual corner of the bathroom, thank you from the bottom of their dingy-chinese-wash-infused hearts.

It also amazes me that one would consider the new mop and broom ''rule'' a form of work developed by African Americans who didn't necessarily have the largest amount of disposable income (if any at all)...
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

Unread postby operasinger » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:54 am

Thank you.Excellent information.I didn't get rid of that "old stuff", I sprayed it with Chinese Wash and I think it should be ok.I will continue cleaning my premises today.According to my knowledge, it should be good moon to get rid of old energies etc.
operasinger

• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

Return to Baths and Washes in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells