• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:15 am

Bat Nut / Devil Pod Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.

Unread postby butterfly » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:18 pm

hi lm friends. i rcvd a bat nut with my cast off all evil spell. in the instructions it says to place above door. because of what its made of (wax) what can i use to affix it above the door without falling & to keep safe from the weather?

thanks,
butterfly
butterfly

Re: Bat Nut / Devil Pod Questions and Answers

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:34 pm

Um, Bat Nuts are not made of wax, they are a seed pod of an Asian water plant, perhaps you have the bat nut somehow confused with something else? It was probably in a bag that says Devil Pod on it. You can read about it here http://www.herb-magic.com/bat-nut.html
Turnsteel

Unread postby butterfly » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:13 pm

hey there. lol. yes you are correct. i have the devil pod.

how can i affix this above my door for protection so that it does fall or come down or be affected by the rain or snow or harsh weather? its very small & has a distinct scent. when i touched it, it felt like wax to me. lol.

thanks,
butterfly
butterfly

Unread postby Wild at Heart » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:33 pm

I've long been interest in this product, but each time I've checked it's been unavailable. It doesn't actually list this on the shopping page, but when I go to add it to my cart I have received the message:

"Product: Devil Pod / Bat Nut
This item is currently out of stock or discontinued."

Is this a seasonal product (if so, what season?), or is it discontinued? Thanks!
Wild at Heart

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:14 pm

The Bat Dut, also known as Devil Pod, Goat Nut, and so forth, is indeed seasonal and we are out of stock right now. You can read more about these Asian seedpods here:

http://luckymojo.com/batnut.html

HER-DEP-WHNU
Devil Pod / Bat Nut
$3.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby MoonBreath » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:40 am

When is Lucky Mojo going to get more Bat Nuts in stock? I tried to order one with my last order and it said they were out of stock. I checked today and it still says out of stock. Is this a seasonal thing, where you have to wait until a certain time of year to get them? If so, when would you expect to have more come in? Thanks :)
MoonBreath

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:36 pm

These most definitely are "seasonal"...meaning that they are rarely in stock and as soon as they are back in stock they FLY OUT OF THE STORE real quick-like.

Hopefully Miss cat can enlighten us on the upcoming availability of the Devil Pods in this thread.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:11 am

Bat Nuts, also known as Devil Pods, are BACK IN STOCK. They are seasonal, and we had an unprecedented number of orders for them last year, and have dried, oiled, and polished many more to keep them in stock for the coming year. Order now!

HER-DEP-WHNU
Devil Pod / Bat Nut
$3.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:06 am

That is great news! I will be ordering one later this month. Thank you, cat.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MaryBee » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:42 am

fyi: I always used a straight pin to pin the Devil Pod above my door. I stick it right through the small hole in the nut and it stays in place :)

Mary Bee
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.
MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:59 pm

This is one of my 'favorite things.' You can add a drop of wood glue, super glue, crazy glue, etc and it will stay put.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

How do you hang a Bat Nut?

Unread postby newbie2012 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:00 am

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here hang a bat nut outside and top of a Balcony door?

Did you nailed it through the Batnut to the wall? Or do you glue it to a wood and just hang it? And what do you say to the Bat Nut to keep entities and spirits from visiting you?

I am moving soon to a room not an apt. and I get my own balcony. I want to do it discreetly without having my landlord question me.

Any suggestions will be great. Please let me know. Thank you.
newbie2012
newbie2012

Unread postby Susan Barnes » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:57 pm

Do what Mary Bee said;
Stick a straight pin through it over your door.
Or do what Jwmcclin said.
Very few people ever look up.
Member of AIRR
Member of Hoodoo Psychics
Call 1-888-4-HOODOO Ext: 9000
Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Innocence » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:45 pm

I just realized I've grown up eating Devil Pod boiled in water where I came from. It's been years but how could I have not recognized it when I bought one from LM! It's a really delicious food and I miss it. I guess it has no magical properties if consumed?
Innocence

Unread postby Miss Aida » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:09 pm

Hello, Innocence,

Yes, it does. It brings good luck: www.luckymojo.com/batnut.html

Take cae
Miss Aida

Unread postby amithyzt » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:13 pm

HI there,

I received my bat nuts... Just LOVE them! I anointed with Fiery Wall of Protectuon oil and had one at each door. In actuality, one was in a windowsill until I could locate a pin or other means of holding it in place. It's barely been a day or two, I glanced over and the entire surface of the nut was covered in RED ANTS! In my home! On my beautiful, brand new bat nut! WTH?

I flicked it with my finger, sent them scattering, and took my nut away from them. There are still a few running around, confused and hopeful. Is this common? I didn't want to kill the little guys, but I won't have them entering my space and nibbling my herbs, nuts, curious, or anything else that smells delicious because, "Hey! It's edible and I've seasoned them up with yummy oils!"

On the spiritual side, that specific door was the source of several days of "knocking" ... Whoever or whatever it was certainly couldn't enter, and I expanded my "protection" practices... Not just inside, but a wide area outside. Cut the activity off and it's never occurred again. Not long after, a very large oak (same side of the house) decided to fall, IN THE OTHER DIRECTION. It would have taken out half my home, with me in it.

So my questions- should I purchase a new nut or simply cleanse and anoint the same one again? Were the ants an indication of something still going on (or attempting-ha!) in that direction? I have a bay laurel in a pot on that side of the house, just yesterday I noticed whole limbs dying. :shock: I was planning to load up that side with hawthorn berries in the corners of each room as soon as they arrive... If there's any other suggestions, I'd be open to hearing them. I sage, cleanse, and do my best to keep up protection. It's obviously working, but I've got a lot more I could do (and need to do.)

Thanks in advance...
amithyzt

Unread postby Miss Athena » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi amithyzt,

Wow, that is weird!

If this were me, I would purchase a new nut. Those ants may have been sent through some kind of spiritual interference, or they may have innocently thought the nut smelled delicious. But I would buy a new one nonetheless.
http://www.herbmagic.com/bat-nut.html

Ants can be used to ferry messages for us, but the fact that these were red ants (fiery and angry) suggests something may still be going on in that part of your home. I would get a reading on this to shed light on what's happening.
www.readersandrootworkers.org/
www.hoodoopsychics.com

Hawthorn berries are a good choice for protection. I would also lay down a line of kosher salt around the outside of your home to keep any malicious energy away from you.
http://www.herbmagic.com/blessed-kosher-salt.html

I hope this helps. Please keep us posted, and good luck.
HRCC #1909G
Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread postby amithyzt » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:38 pm

Hi Miss Athena,

I thought salt, too! I don't know why it didn't occur to me sooner, but I put my most trusted pendulum to the task.

When asking whether the nibbled bat nut would be effective, no.
New bat nut, yes.
Salt, no.
Hawthorn, yes.
Bay leaves, no.
Sassafras branches, yes.**
White sage, no.
Yerba Santa, no.
Agrimony, no answer.
Angelica root, yes.
Rue, no.
Protection products effective, no.
Reversal products effective, yes.

I didn't mention, there were still ants popping out from INSIDE the bat nut even after I'd chased the others away. It's so bizarre! Sometimes ants are just ants, but these give me the willies. I'd never have confidence in the nut now, so a respectful burial is its fate.

Thank you for the suggestion of a reading. I've been flirting with the idea of getting one, and actually made a call, but the message directed me to book online and I never followed up to go through with it. I've got a tree laying on its side and ants eating my efforts for continued protection, maybe it's time!

** About that sassafras...weird, but not weird? A dear friend and rootworker in Louisiana once told me that pushing sassafras branches into the ground in the corners of your property set the archangels over your home. I never questioned it and never would, this woman is something else! I see many references to sassafras for drawing money and prosperity, but haven't seen any reference to it being used in this way.

As always, your input is much appreciated!
amithyzt

Unread postby Miss Athena » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:03 am

Hi amithyzt,

Thanks for your update.

If your bat nut was physically infiltrated by ants, then absolutely it needs replacement. I find it disturbing that this angry little red army was so aggressive with it. Trust your instinct that they gave you the willies.

Thanks for your thoughts on sassafras. I know that in American Indian culture, sassafras was revered as not only a cure-all for ailments, but also as protection against evil. Its wood was considered sacred, and early settlers constructed beds of sassafras wood to ward off evil spirits as they slept. So this may be a good addition to your protection work.

Did your pendulum have any response to using Basil as well? It is part of my go-to arsenal for protection work, so that may be something else to consider.
http://www.herbmagic.com/basil.html

Please do keep us posted. This is weirdly fascinating, although I wish you didn't have to go through it in the first place. Good luck!
HRCC #1909G
Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread postby amithyzt » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:29 am

I didn't know that about sassafras! I do know my great grandmother would pick her leaves on the full moon in August, but if there was an intention for doing so, the knowledge was lost when she passed. I find file' made with the Spring leaves have a wonderful, citrus fruity flavor- like fruit loops cereal! The Fall leaves are better for thickening, but not very flavorful. I digress.

I'm a basil/tulsi freak, LOVE it and can't get enough of it. My pendulum, however, gave a nope.

I read that bat nuts occasionally go "out of stock" so I'd better get my order in while supplies last! I would like to add anything else benedicial to my order at the same time, short of waving the pendulum page by page over the book and catalog, I'm running out of options within my own tiny sphere of knowledge. My protection works, or has worked obviously. My focus, instead, should be to thwart or return any harmful intent hovering the periphery, and that's unfamiliar country. I'll spend a bit more time in the reversal areas of the forum for ideas, and definitely jump through the hoops to obtain a reading, even if it's solely to pick someone's brain since my pendulum is giving the thumbs down on just about everything.

It's a pleasure to read your responses, I always learn something new! I wish I had words to express more than a general "thank you," but I'll spare you three pages of gratitude, curtsies, and smiles... :D
amithyzt

Unread postby Miss Aida » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:54 am

Hello, amithyzt,

I have sent you a private message concerning the bat nut

Please read it.

Take care
Miss Aida

Unread postby amithyzt » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:35 am

Thank you, Miss Aida! I sent you a response.
amithyzt

Unread postby DreadPirateQueen » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:25 am

I've been wanting to get a bat nut to hang over the doorway but other people in my household would definitely not be comfortable with it. They're fine with what I do but the sight of something like a bat nut over the door would just make them so uncomfortable, and it's a very small place so it would be clearly visible to anyone in the living room.

Is it possible to conceal it when I hang it over the door? Like wrap it in white cloth or something?
DreadPirateQueen

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:10 pm

Hello, DreadPirateQueen ,

Unfortunately, you would be "symbolically" blinding it.

Why don't you tell your household that a Priestess gave it to you for good luck?

Take care
Miss Aida

Unread postby DreadPirateQueen » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:14 pm

Didn't know that would be an issue, thanks for clearing that up.
DreadPirateQueen

Unread postby Brother Elijah Mose » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:42 am

Could a batnut be used in a general luck drawing mojo hand, in a way similar to devil’s shoestrings? They seem to have similar properties but I’m curious!
HRCC Graduate # 1765 -- Charlie (formerly Obskultus)
Brother Elijah Mose

Unread postby Sister Jean » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:01 am

Hello Brother Elijah Mose,

Bat Nuts are more commonly used to ward off evil, as you can read here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/batnut.html

Hope that helps!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org
Sister Jean
Site Admin

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork