• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo, Conjure, Training Workshops

It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:46 am

Cooking with Magical Herbs, Hoodoo Foods! Cookbook

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.

Unread postby EcleckticMama » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:00 pm

There are too many herbs you offer to go through and list which are and are not edible. However I have been studying and working with herbs for many years and have even started getting into wild greens, so I do know which ones not to eat or drink tisanes made from them, or use only externally.

What I want to know though, is of the ones that are edible, have they been wildcrafted or grown with "food-safe" chemicals/organically?

For example, if I make a tisane of your rose petals, would it be OK to drink (unlike rose petals from the average florist)?
EcleckticMama

Re: Are the Edibles Edible?

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:42 pm

That is a good question, especially concerning Rose petals and florists. Everything that we do grow here at Lucky Mojo is gardened organically (Rose petals included) -- but we cannot grow everything we stock. Of the herbs we pruchase, you will find three types: certified organic, wildcrafted (no pesticides), and commercial food or medical grade. When we can, we purchase from certified organic growers or wildcrafters. The rest of our "edibles" are all food-grade, but may have been commercially grown -- and thus they would not differ from regular, non-organically-grown food-grade herbs purchased elsewhere in the form of teas.

BOO-GRI-HOFO
Hoodoo Food! The Best of the Conjure Cook-Off
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Are the Edibles Edible?

Unread postby EcleckticMama » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:52 pm

Thank you. That's just what I wanted to know. I figured with your background in writing as a gardener and for gardeners, that that would be the case, but I didn't want to assume (considering that your labelling does say "sell as Curio only").
EcleckticMama

Unread postby Editrix » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:31 pm

We have a lot of medical issues in our household, and we need all the internal protection we can get, so I like to cook with Four Thieves Vinegar. A recent experiment ended up very tasty, and I thought I'd share. Here's what you do:

FOUR THIEVES VINEGAR BBQ SAUCE

In a large pot, combine

Ketchup
Four Thieves Vinegar
Sweetener of your choice (brown sugar, honey, molasses, or -- my favorite -- a combination of the three)

The proportions depend on your personal taste, so sample it a lot as it cooks down and make the necessary adjustments.

Add herbal seasonings that suit your tastes and your spiritual intention Some suggestions:

Red Cayenne Pepper and Black Pepper or Pepper Sauce to drive away unwanted people
Garlic for protection from all forms of evil
Oregano to keep off the law and bill collectors
Cinnamon to draw money to the home
Dittany of Crete for love enchantments
Cumin for fidelity and to protect a marriage

Really, you can throw in anything edible that fits your purposes. Barbecue sauce is very forgiving!)

Put the pot in the oven without a lid and cook it at 350 degrees, stirring every 15 minutes until it thickens up and reaches a taste and consistency that pleases you.

One important note: Lucky Mojo sells genuine Four Thieves Vinegar, which is safe to consume. Not all substances labeled "Four Thieves Vinegar" are edible, so be careful!
Editrix

Re: Four Thieves BBQ Sauce

Unread postby rickets » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:56 am

Interesting. Sounds pretty good. Thanks for posting.
rickets

Cooking with Magial Herbs, Hoodoo Foods! Cookbook

Unread postby Brida » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:54 pm

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if there is a certain combination of things I can bake in cakes, cookies, or brownies to cast a love spell? I am working on several love spells, and the parents of the man whom I am doing my work on is very dear to me. I usually bake things for them, and they take it home to share with their family. I am sure the man I love eats some of it from time to to time, and he knows I baked the dessert.

What can I put in my desserts beside menstural blood that would bind him to me? Are there hoodoo recipes that I can make to give to the family that will encourage love, friendship, etc.?

Please let me know...Thank you!

hugs,
Brida
"You can't fish on dry land." - My Momma.
Brida

Re: Baking a love spell

Unread postby MissMichaele » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:37 am

Quick answer: Get a copy of Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic (by our own Miss Cat) and look in the back of the book at the "Love Drawing Roots, Herbs and Minerals" lists. Any tasty recipe that contains any of these herbs can be adapted to love work -- mostly, as you said, with your bodily fluids, but don't forget fervent prayer!

It doesn't have to be menstrual fluid, either; bath water is also very effective -- and that means a spiritual bath with appropriate herbs and some prayer. If you want passion, throw a little sex magic into that bath.
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Brida » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:38 pm

Thank you Miss Michaele. I will get that book.

May I purchase the herbs and roots from LM, and integrate it in my baked goodies? I am just not clear as in to what I can use in the culinary medium, and what not to. I am not wanting to bake marijuana brownies, but I do want to use some magic in my baked goods to help this man and his family along with their feelings and actions towards me.

Anyone else?

hugs,
Brida
Brida

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:28 pm

Brida wrote:Thank you Miss Michaele. I will get that book.

May I purchase the herbs and roots from LM, and integrate it in my baked goodies? I am just not clear as in to what I can use in the culinary medium, and what not to. I am not wanting to bake marijuana brownies, but I do want to use some magic in my baked goods to help this man and his family along with their feelings and actions towards me.

Anyone else?

hugs,
Brida

The best thing to do would be to call the shop if you have a specific question about the edibility of some of Lucky Mojo's herbs. Some things may be culinary grade and other items may not be. Some of the herbs and spices that work best (like cinnamon and sugar) you probably already have in your kitchen :-)

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MissMichaele » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:29 pm

Certainly you can.

You can use any herb on that "Love Drawing Herbs" list that also appears in cookbooks, or that you know to be edible.
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Brida » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:36 pm

Thank you Bri and MissMichaele!

I will look on the "Love Drawing Herbs" list, and call the shop as well. My baked goods all have sugar in them, and well, some of them have cinnamon, nutmeg, nuts, and honey even. How do I make my sugar or other ingredients "special" as far as them becoming a magical ingredient in my baked goodies?

I am learning!!!

hugs,
Brida
Brida

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:22 am

All of our herbs that are edible are either wild-crafted, organically grown, or of culinary grade. Herb edibility and toxicity varies by species, and that is your responsibility. We do not add any harmful chemicals to our herbs. In other words, if you buy oregano or ginger from us, they will be edible and of food grade, and if you buy calamus from it, it won't be any less of a stomache irritant than any other calamus, because the species is simply not edible, no matter who sells it.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Brida » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:27 am

Thank you, Cat.

hugs,
Brida
Brida

Unread postby Editrix » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:07 pm

Hi Brida. Since you are talking about working on him and his family for sweetening and warm feelings, what immediately came to my mind was baking something sweet in which cloves are a strong presence. (Then I starting thinking along the lines of pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, etc., which betrays my personal weakness for pumpkin. Still, though, it is getting to be that season!) I often cook things with special ingredients tailored to my purpose, and I simply make a little statement of intent when I'm adding a meaningful ingredient, asking that it help me and stating the property that I wish it to add to the dish.

Good luck! And let us know how it turns out.

Stephanie
Editrix

Unread postby Brida » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:41 pm

Thank you Stephanie!!!!

I have the most AMAZING pumpkin and nut bars recipe. I will dig it out of my culinary school files. I will add a littl clove to it, and make it extra special!

This is gonna be a GREAT ONE!

I will let you know how it turns out! I will do it on the new moon, so as they consume the yummies, the moon will be waxing...and warm feelings will be growing with the moon's energy! It is coming together in my head, as I type!

hugs,
Brida
Brida

Unread postby MissMichaele » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:09 pm

Brida wrote:How do I make my sugar or other ingredients "special" as far as them becoming a magical ingredient in my baked goodies?

Do just as you would for salt (which will "do what you tell it to do"): pray over it as you put the batter together.

Come to think of it, you could pray over the salt, too - tell it to ward off all meanness and misunderstanding.

Good luck and good magic,

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby blackforrest » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:03 am

hey babe

how did it go?
blackforrest

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:58 pm

I am a baker and I use a lot of cloves, cinnamon, and cardamon. These are edible and elicit love feelings, especially with all the sugar and molasses. I do a lot of love work with my baked creations. If you want passion, give him some gingerbread.

Mar
Literarylioness

Unread postby NotDorianGray » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:42 am

I think you need to share your recipe... It sounds good.
NotDorianGray

Unread postby Brida » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:51 pm

I agree with NotDorianGray! Mary, please share some love work recipes that have worked magic for you. I would be eternally grateful.

I just made made a carrot cake with honey, cardamon, cinnamon, pecans, walnuts, carrots, raisins, and nutmeg. I will be giving it to his family tomorrow night, Friday...the best day to do love work!!! I am excited, and pray the magic will entrance them!

Please keep me in your prayers!

hugs,
Brida
Brida

Unread postby elvisfleshley » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:34 pm

cool. As a professional cook, I'm interested in the hermetic attributes of different spices. Any help in where to look for these would be greatly appreciated. Also, are there any other luckymojo products that are edible that anyone has used, and what was the dish as well as intended effect?
elvisfleshley

Unread postby NotDorianGray » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm

All herbs and spices that are normally used in cooking/are edible will still be edible when purchased from Lucky Mojo. If you read through the website, you'll find lots of information about the various properties of herbs as they are ascribed by hoodoo tradition. Hermetic properties are kind of different, though. I would suggest you google up herbal magic, green witchery, or kithen witchery if you're really interested. If you want more info from a hoodoo perspective, but Cat's book.
NotDorianGray

Unread postby happilydysphoric » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:40 am

Hi Brida,

I remembered reading this thread awhile ago and came to check how it worked out. See any results? I plan on doing something similar this week, so I'd like any input from you (:
happilydysphoric

Unread postby splitpea » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:38 am

i would love to know how things turned out also
splitpea

Unread postby Brida » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:49 pm

Hi everyone!!!

Okay, so here are the results! I just got back from my Friday evening Community event in which the family of the man I love attends every Friday. His mother invited me for lucheon TOMORROW!!!! I will be going to his parent's house for lunch, and I will get to see the house that he grew up in. I am supper excited, and scared at the same time. It feels as if I am really getting close, and I don't know what magic to do while there. I am thinking of taking some of my oils, and powders, and putting some on things in his old room, that he stays in when he visits his parents on the weekends. What shall I do?

Baking magic works, if your intent is strong, and you take the time and energy to really work it. I will continue to bake magical goods, and know in my heart that I will be with the man of my dreams, God willing.

Anyone have any recipes to share or stories of baking magic?

with hugs,
Brida
Brida

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:22 pm

While I have no experience in baking magick, I'd say take some of your magical baked goods with you as a gift to literally sweeten the event. I usually don't use oils when going to other people's houses because people usually realize they've touched something, but I'd sprinkle some powders all over your paramour's room ;-). Keep it light so to not be too obvious. Kiss Me Now, Fires of Love, Follow Me Boy, Love Me are all great powders to work with. Let us know how it goes and Good luck!
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Brida » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Hello again!

Okay so I have been working on baking spells on his family. The family is cool with me, butI have not heard or seen anything from him. I am not giving up. I have waited years!

I do have something I would like to share with all of you who bake spells:

Though I bake with careful attention to the herbs I use, (I have Miss Cat's herb and roots book); I found a neat little trick.

Get a medium sized jar, pour any time of baking sugar you would use; and in the jar add love herbs. Just like when you make vanilla sugar; you put sugar in a jar with some whole bean vanilla to make the sugar have the essence of vanilla. When I bake, I use the sugar that has the love herbs in the jar. The herbs lightly scent the sugar, and infuses the sugar with a powerful mixture.

This seems to get a more definite sign from the family when I use this sugar. Try it!

Also, anyone want to share a recipe?

hugs,
Brida
Brida

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:02 pm

Brida wrote:Get a medium sized jar, pour any time of baking sugar you would use; and in the jar add love herbs. Just like when you make vanilla sugar; you put sugar in a jar with some whole bean vanilla to make the sugar have the essence of vanilla. When I bake, I use the sugar that has the love herbs in the jar. The herbs lightly scent the sugar, and infuses the sugar with a powerful mixture.

This seems to get a more definite sign from the family when I use this sugar. Try it!

Also, anyone want to share a recipe?

hugs,
Brida

I use a mixture like this on my love candles. I use a bit of raw sugar and love herbs for love work on my candles. The sugar gives the herbs some kick. If I am doing anything with menstrual blood, I mix that with sugar too.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby Devi Spring » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:33 pm

I use the fancy decorative red sugar in my love herb mixes and love candle dressings. I have green decorative sugar for money that I add when appropriate, too. :) It's so lovely because it adds a bit of a glitter effect and a nice punch of color!
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:55 pm

Ever considered adding a Sugar Jar to a baking spell? The idea of a sugar jar is similar to the honey jar, but you use sugar instead of honey. Basically, take the ingredients/herbs you'll be adding to your baked good and toss them into a jar filled with sugar. Then take two popsickle sticks and write your names on each, use honey to place them face to face and bind them together with a string. Then stir your mixture with the popsickle stick while praying your petition over a course of several days, or do it every M, W, F for a week or so. Then add it to your baking. The stirring works the spell instead of using candles and I'm sure adding it to a baked good would be rather potent.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby kmew1315 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:57 pm

ConjureMan wrote:Ever considered adding a Sugar Jar to a baking spell? The idea of a sugar jar is similar to the honey jar, but you use sugar instead of honey. Basically, take the ingredients/herbs you'll be adding to your baked good and toss them into a jar filled with sugar. Then take two popsickle sticks and write your names on each, use honey to place them face to face and bind them together with a string. Then stir your mixture with the popsickle stick while praying your petition over a course of several days, or do it every M, W, F for a week or so. Then add it to your baking. The stirring works the spell instead of using candles and I'm sure adding it to a baked good would be rather potent.

Wow. Thanks.
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315
kmew1315

Unread postby Brida » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:19 am

Conjureman!!! AWESOME suggestion! I am so going to do that as I bake his mother her birthday cake! WOO HOO!!!

Now, today a gift was given to me that I want to share with you all. I wish LM had something like this, and as I searched the website and the store bookshelf I did not find anything similar to it. A friend of mine who knows my passion in baking; hint my taking a loan just go to pastry school for the knowledge of it, and not to make a profession out of it. Well, she gave me a pagan cookbook. It talks about folk magic in there, and there so many recipes, with ingredients, and purposes as well. The history of some of theses dishes and desserts is also shared in the cookbook. I am really enjoying it, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a hoodoo cookbook?

The book is titled: "A Kitchen Witch's Cookbook" by Patricia Telesco

It really is a fun read, and has inspired me to make a conjure cookbook of my own. My own book of cooking shadows...lol!

Okay, off to make the sugar jar...Conjureman, I heart you!
Brida

Herbs to Slip into Food for Love

Unread postby gingerly88 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:28 am

I think I saw this around here somewhere..but I can't find it again. Maybe I'm in the wrong forum..I will be cooking for a few days for my boyfriend. Besides menses, what herbs ect can I add to the food that might have love properties? Cinnamon is one & I don't have my stash of herbs with me, but I beleive I had seen on my genetian root chips that it can be added to food..there has to be others? I would love to see what I can work into his food...
gingerly88

Re: Herbs to Slip into Food for Love

Unread postby jwmcclin » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:00 pm

Menses trumps them all...but look thorough the many options using the link below. If you do not have cat's book HHRM it is super for this information and much much more.

http://www.herb-magic.com
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:18 pm

Be careful not all herbs are edible. Cinnamon is good...ginger, coriander, Cumin...good to keep a man faithful.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Also in cat's book she states what is edible.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:18 pm

Cardamon, ginger, and Cinnamon are all great for inducing passion, add a bit of your menses with some small amount of powdered Queen Elizabeth Root. I believe Brida has a thread that discusses a lot of her ingredients in her love cooking. I believe Mary also contributed to that thread.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby CopperFox » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:18 pm

All the culinary herbs sold by Lucky Mojo are edible. Some herbs/spices used in baking love spells include: cinnamon, clove, ginger, vanilla. Think spice cake, gingerbread...or even Indian cuisine! Rosemary is great for giving a woman loving dominance over her fellow. Dittany of Crete can be added to food in small portions or steeped and added to teas. Look on the page referenced above for other herbs/spices you can add into your menu. Remember, while the botanicals themselves have power, it is your prayer and intent that brings forth the full potential within them. So plan your menu with your goal in mind. Assemble your ingredients and know what each represents. Take a nice love-drawing bath and pray for your success...passages from Songs of Solomon are nice, or just a heartfelt entreaty. When you're ready to start cooking, take a moment to "connect" with the ingredients and ask they fulfill their God-given purpose. Bake...Serve with love. :D

Good luck,

Michelle
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121
CopperFox

Unread postby gingerly88 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:14 pm

That is such wonderful advice from all of you! Thanks so much also for the link! I'm really excited to get started looking for recipes to add my ingredients in.
gingerly88

Unread postby HeactesHeart » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Passion and cooking,reminds of of the book' Like Water for Chocolate'. A MUST read for all passion/cooking spells. ; )
HeactesHeart

Unread postby gingerly88 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:51 am

I'm in my targets house as of right now. I've been cooking..adding in what herbs I can along with my menses. Saying prayers over my food..I know he cares about me, but he's having issues from his divorce. I guess he finds it hard at times to have me around. Some days are really good & when it is, the bond between us is amazing. Are there any herbs that are edible that can invoke healing from past relationships?
gingerly88

Unread postby CopperFox » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:37 pm

Althaea is known for healing powers, including the psyche. Organic marshmallows would include althaea root or it could be worked into a tea in c/s leaf form. Borage is used for increasing courage; it has pretty blue star shaped flowers with a cucumber-like flavor. It is added to salads and garnishes teas, but is out of season for fresh use at present. Allspice is known to ease a troubled mind. Lemon grass helps clear out old conditions, and is a common ingredient in many Asian / Indian cuisines -- that, plus the allspice may be your best combination, as they can easily come together in a curry or stir fry type dish.

Healing work of this type needs to be ongoing in nature. The fixed meal is a start, but you may want to get a supply of skull candles and healing oil or the 7-11 Holy miracle spell kit to continue this work once you return home.

Good luck,

Michelle
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121
CopperFox

Unread postby gingerly88 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:09 am

Michelle..that sounds wonderful..Thanks so much for the help. I will get on the skull candles..I do have some healing oil which i have been annointing some of his items with.
gingerly88

Unread postby Brida » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:51 am

Hi!

PM me, and I will give you a special recipe that will work like a charm; given your intentions are pure, and prayers are intense.

I have been "baking spells" for a while now, and I tell you...IT DOES WORK! The most important ingredient in ANY recipe is of course your prayers, and the ultimate icing on any cake or cookie is God's favour in answering your prayers.

I like to use AllSpice, Nutmeg, Cardomom (this is my favorite! A little goes a long way in cakes, and it adds a special scent to coffee cakes that people wonder what it is. It is really good!), Cinnamon, Lemongrass when I am making a lemon and poppy seed loaf so as to clear old conditions, and compell the person to succumb to my requests. I will tell you that if you flavor the sugar you use in your baking, it adds omph to it all.

Happy Baking!
-Brida
Brida

Additives to Food

Unread postby faith2008 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:15 pm

I have the opportunity coming up to cook for my target and I was wondering other than my menses what are somethings that can be used as additives to food. I have read on here about bath water and powdered queen elizabeth root but I was wondering if there were other things that you might have used that you like. Not sure yet what I will be cooking. I thought I would get some ideas before making out a menu. Also with the powdered queen elizabeth root...how much? And does it have a strong taste? Don't want to over do it, lol. I know at this point I won't be able to use my menses. I don't have anymore on hand and unless mother nature sees fit I won't until after the fact but I don't want to pass up this opportunity to use something. Thanks so much for your input. Look forward to reading everyone's replies.
faith2008

Re: Additives to Food

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:21 pm

There is actually a decent-sized thread around here somewhere about adding conjure to cooking. You would do well to read through it.

You may also purchase the cookbook available from LM.

Herbs like Ginger and Cardamon can be great additions to food once prayed over and are good for love-work.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby faith2008 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:31 pm

I appologize. I did a search but evidently did not come up with that thread. I plan to buy the cookbook as soon as my finances allow it. Thank you for the suggestions of Ginger and Cardamon though.
faith2008

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:38 pm

Oh need to apologize, I wasn't being critical. I just mentioned it because I thought it would be helpful to you :-). Hope you find it, I remember it having great suggestions.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:20 pm

Here is the link that introduces the Conjure Cook-Off Contest and the Hoodoo Foods Recipe Book

http://www.luckymojo.com/conjurecookoff.html

...and here is a post regarding the purchase

hoodoo-food%C7%83-may-2010-workshop-and-recipe-book-t5501.html
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby AmaSarah » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:21 am

Here's an idea you or others mind find useful so you don't have to feel like you're missing opportunities to feed your guy stuff.

I made mine custom tea bags where I mixed my stuff with the tea leaves and then added the appropriate herbs for my case. I prayer over them like mad and said they would cause him to taste me, crave me, be filled with me, etc. I gave him only 7 bags at a time and told him they were for good luck (to get him to drink them). I instructed him that he needed to drink one every night before bed and that he needed to repeat, "I'm filled with your essence," as he drank them.

The way I saw it, not only was I getting my stuff in him binding him to me, but I was the last thing he thought about before going to bed. Plus, I only gave him 7 so that we would have to meet again within a week to replenish the supply.
AmaSarah

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:32 am

I am moving this thread to the herbs and animal curios sub-forum, since that is the topic.

The Hoodoo Foods Cookbook is a 16 page booklet that costs $4.00 from Lucky Mojo and income from sales benefit Missionary Independent Spiritual Church.

BOO-GRI-HF10
Hoodoo Food! The 2010 Conjure Cook-Off and Rootwork Recipe Round-Up
$4.00

We plan on releasing a second cookbook with more recipes next year (and anyone can contribute!) and we will eventually compile several booklets into a larger book for sale through outlets like Amazon. All proceeds go to our church, so we are very happy to see the response that folks have had to this fund-raising project.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Red Velvet Cake Additions to Enhance Professional Bond

Unread postby Brida » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:02 pm

Greetings to everyone!

Okay, so I am going to my hometown in the South to visit family this coming weekend. I was supposed to have a business meeting on the West Coast, but since it is a holiday for us; I will not be available because it is important for me to spend holidays with family.

The business professional I was to meet on the West Coast has asked if she could fly to the South so she can get to know me better, and work on a prospective humanitarian project for families with children whom have special needs. I was stunned that she would would fly out from New York just to meet with me, and for her to change her plans and follow me to the South just baffles my mind. I am so honored and grateful.

Here is my deal: Being a graduate of Patisserie School, and knowing her weakness for Red Velvet Cake; I am going to bake her one. She will be staying at a hotel near my parent's house for four nights. We will only discuss business one of those five days that she in town.

What can I add to the Red Velvet Cake that would give it some "OOMPH" and also, does anyone have an amazing Red Velvet Cake Recipe to share? I have a tested and tried one that I use all the time, but I like to venture out sometimes.

One of the herbs I usually put in my baked goods is Cardomom, which is a love herb, and I am going to go through Cat's book on herbs to find a list of edible; yet powerful ingredients to add to the recipe.

Any other ideas of things I can use during her four nights stay. I need her to offer my company a business contract.

I am all ears, dear friends!

hugs,
Brida
Brida

Re: Red Velvet Cake Additions to Enhance Professional Bond

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:11 pm

There is a list of edible (culinary) herbs with their magical ascriptions here -- as part of the Hoodoo Food! Conjure Cook-Off and Recipe Round-Up held annually at Missionary Indepedent Spiritual Church.

http://www.luckymojo.com/conjurecookoffherblist.html

Starting in 2010, we have begun publishing these magical recipes in booklet form. The 2010 Hoodoo Food Booklet is only $4.00 and proceeds go to benefit the church. Check out the Black Magic Cake recipe and the Rose Petal Pound Cake -- two stunning magical cakes in this booklet. Order

BOO-GRI-BOHO Hoodoo Food! $4.00

When you perfect your Red Velvet magical cake recipe, please do submit it to the 2011 Conjure Cook-Off!

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Devi Spring » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:58 pm

Oh man! Red Velvet is my absolute favorite cake - we even had it at our wedding. If you do submit that recipe, let us know...I will be snapping it up right away. :D
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:07 pm

Besides selecting edible herbs that fit your purpose, pray over each individual herb as it goes into the mix and make sure it is set for your working.

I once saw a trick that may be of use to you. A young lady I knew was baking some cookies and she took her sugar placed it in a bowl and stirred it with a long stick of Licorice while she prayed over it. She prayed to get someone to be sweet to her proposal and to favor her. She then added her sugar (without the Licorice stick).

I'd write the name of your future collegue on one side of the Licorice stick and your command on the other as you use it to stir the sugar, or mix.

You can try that and see how it works out.

Make sure to dress yourself with some oils before heading out to meet her!
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby senora63 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:37 am

Finally! Contact after 6 weeks of not speaking! He is coming over later this week for chicken soup that I will be making. Any advice as to what to add to the soup for commitment?
Thanks!
senora63

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:48 am

See the Missionary Independent Spiritual Church's Ladies Auxiliary booklet on "Hoodoo Foods! or the list of edible (culinary) herbs with their magical ascriptions here -- as part of the "Hoodoo Food! Conjure Cook-Off and Recipe Round-Up" held annually at Missionary Independent Spiritual Church.

Starting in 2010, we have begun publishing these magical recipes in booklet form. The 2010 Hoodoo Food Booklet is only $4.00 and proceeds go to benefit the church.
BOO-GRI-BOHO Hoodoo Food! $4.00

We are hoping for even more submissions to the 2011 Conjure Cook-Off!

Each participant whose recipe is published will get a free copy of the 2011 booklet.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Cooking with Magial Herbs

Unread postby senora63 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:07 am

Thank you!!!
senora63

Unread postby Miss Bri » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:45 pm

Vanilla, honey, sugar, rose water, rose petals, and tonka beans can also be used in love drawing food preparations. Be careful on the tonka beans--do your research before throwing them into the pot because they can be slightly toxic if prepared in certain ways.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby senora63 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Thank you! I was also asking because I don't menstruate anymore. I am just so happy to finally have contact again! It really works!!! So I will look through the list and add the appropriate herbs to my "love & commitment" chicken soup. ♥
senora63

Next

• Advertisement
Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork