• Advertisement
Crystal-Silence-League-Link

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:07 pm

Lodestone & Magnetic Sand Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.

Unread postby Brujero05 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:10 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to the site. I have a question I hope some of you may help me with pertaining to Lodestones. Now, I am only vaguely familiar on how to work them. Is there a special way to fix/prepare them so they work? I read on one site you're supposed to bless them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I only know I'm supposed to feed them with magnetic sand.

Thanks,
Brujero

[Moderator moved this thread into the Mineral Curios section of the Boards.]
Brujero05

Re: How to Work with a Lodestone

Unread postby Lukianos » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi Brujero,

cat has a fine write-up on lodestones and their use here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/lodestone.html
The preparation of lodestones will vary somewhat with what you wish them to do / draw. In general, many people will first wash the lodestone(s) in hard liquor (most often whiskey) and/or a spiritual cologne (Hoyt's cologne, Florida water, etc.) appropriate to the work to be done. You will talk to the lodestone(s), and ask it (or them) to draw whatever it is that you want to them and to you (often money or love, but also attention, success, paying customers, etc.), and yes, bless them by the three holy names. You will usually give a small amount of whatever it is you want to attract (or a representation thereof, such as a petition paper or personal concerns) to the lodestone, give it some magnetic sand, and perhaps anoint it with a condition oil specific to the work (Come to Me, Money Drawing, Look Me over, etc.) or more generally attuned to the attractive properties of lodestones (Lodestone oil, Attraction, etc.). If the lodestone is to attract money to a business, you would place it in the cash drawer of your register or cash box along with a sampling of currency, possibly after doing a 14-day consecration as described here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/magneticsand.h ... eyspell%22
If the lodestone is to attract love, you would likely work with a pair of matched lodestones, naming one for each party, often in conjunction with a 7-day candle spell, as described here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/lovespells.htm ... oneattract
Once set to their task, lodestones should be fed regularly (usually once a week) with magnetic sand, condition oils, and / or an appropriate alcohol (whether liquor or cologne).
Hope this helps!
Lukianos

Unread postby Brujero05 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:37 pm

Helps a lot. Thank you! :D
Brujero05

Unread postby Sharona22 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:17 pm

I found all this info helpful to me also if there is anymore out there please reply,I am going to be ordering loadstones today.One more specific question I had is when or if size matters,and when do you need two loadstones instead of one and how long can or should you keep on feeding them prior to disposeing of them. HOW DO YOU DISPOSE OF THEM???
Sharona22

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:55 pm

Sharona22

Hi there,

When it comes to lodestones, I think one important thing to remember is that in rootwork we treat lodestones as we would LIVING BEINGS, so as long as they have magnetic attraction they are ALIVE. Once their magnetic force is gone they are DEAD and typically receive a burial. The kind of spell you are doing will in part determine how you dispose of your lodestone--or if you dispose of it at all--but often they are buried. Because they are alive they are fed on a regular basis for some this means weekly and for others daily feedings. You would use two lodestones when you are doing love or attraction work, one representing yourself or your client, and one representing the person that you or they want to bring closer. Single lodestones are used in money drawing/money keeping work and also can be used in drawing other things into your life--like a job, a new car, a good grade in a class, etc...
Lodestones are natural magnets so they are used to draw and attract things to you.

I hope this helps,
Bri

MIN-LOD-BSM1
Lodestone, Small Single
$4.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Sharona22 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:03 pm

Hi there and greeting Bri,this answer is truely amazeing I had no idea I am going to be more careful with this in mind(and my apologies that I did not know)I had a loadstone in a luckymojo hand bag I had not added magnetic sand for awhile what should I do,HELP
Sharona22

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:06 pm

Most Lucky Mojo lodestones come with some magnetic sand on them so they can be utilized at your leisure. But, I would figure out how you want to use your lodestone, annoint it with an appropriate condition oil--just a few dabs will do ya, and start using it :-) Lodestone work is great fun, enjoy it.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

ReRe: How to Work with a Lodestone

Unread postby Sharona22 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:17 pm

I read the articles on loadstones and the things here and I am still not 100% sure of the way to use them.

You get it, then do they all have to be dipped in the whiskey, Florida water etc.???

Then you annoint them with an oil which is specific to your purpose (what was that thing about the parchment paper) then you put magnetic sand on them then tell them what to do???

Please let me know what of if i have any of this correct. I want to order tonight.
Sharona22

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi Sharona,

It sounds like you have a pretty good idea of how to treat lodestones. I want to reiterate a point that cat has made several times that we don't *use* lodestones. They are considered to be ALIVE so we treat them as we would a beloved pet. If you are working with a lodestone to draw money you will most likely get a single lodestone. If you are doing a love working you will get a matched pair of lodestones. There are various sizes to choose from.
Don't forget to get at least one packet of magnetic sand with which you will feed your lodestone. Find that here: http://www.luckymojo.com/magneticsand.html

Once you get your lodestone you will baptize it with a whisky, hoyt's cologne, and I have used rose water when working with pairs of lodestones for love. Most folks though go with whisky or Hoyt's cologne. I am going to put in a plug for Hoyt's because I love the way it smells, I find a small bottle of it amazingly versatile and useful, and it seems to be falling out of favor with a new generation of practitioners who tend to emphasize the more widely available but not nearly as traditional Florida Water. (Someone, tell me I'm wrong!) Hoyt's Cologne is awesome and it would be a great thing to purchase along with your lodestone(s) and magnetic sand. You can read more about it here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoyts.html

So, back to your question, you wash your lodestone with the whisky or the Hoyt's then you let it sit and dry out. During this time you may think about naming your lodestone. If you are working two lodestones for love then you can call them he and she or by the names of the people that you are trying to draw together. If you are working a lodestone for money drawing, especially long-term money drawing work then it is traditional to give your lodestone a name, just as you would a beloved pet. Then when you are ready to start the work where you will be working with the lodestone you dab it with some oil or a combination of oils.
Lodestone oil is always appropriate:
http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-lodestone.html
Attraction oil is also always appropriate:
http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-attraction.html

And you would want to add one or two oils that are appropriate to the condition that you are dealing with (so money drawing, prosperity, wealthy way, etc for money drawing work and love me, dixie love, kiss me now!, etc for love drawing work.) When thinking about ordering oils follow the rule of preferring odd numbers to evens. So, if you get attraction oil or lodestone oil, then get 2 other oils appropriate to the condition you are working on, so that you will be using a total number of 3 oils in your anointing. You can also just use 1 oil to anoint your lodestone if you prefer, I like 3. Once the lodestone(s) have been anointed with the appropriate condition oils they are ready to go to work for you, and are rewarded for their work by getting fed with magnetic sand. It is quite common to speak your wishes plainly to your lodestone, again think of how you would treat a beloved pet, that will give you a good sense of the guidelines in the care and handling of lodestones.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Sharona22 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:50 am

I read all info here and in LM on the loadstones and am still not 100% sure or how they are used or work. Are they always cleansed with say whisky or Florida water Then an attraction type oil then you tell intent as you feed with magnetic sand(this is for a spell of something you eant like say for me with my being able to have pyschic vision or to be one with my familar pet
Sharona22

Unread postby Sharona22 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi All and Brightest blessings

It is I who is looking to be at one with my dog and all animals in general.

I spoke to Robin at LM. I am doing a few different things for this. She told me to cleanse loadstones, then use attraction oil, feed it magnetic sand, put this and a letter of intent with my dogs picture under the loadstone.

Should I add anyting else at all??? Please all input welcome.
Sharona22

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:42 pm

What Robin told you sounds good, Sharona; it will make you attractive to animals and they will be attentive to you.

If you wish for psychic vision with the animals (which you have mentioned in other posts), then add some Psychic Vision to the Attraction Oil.

The reason we use Attraction Oil in general cases is that it will attract *whatever* you want, even something not often requested by our clients, such as, in your case, the love and affection of animals.

MIN-LOD-BSM1
Lodestone, Small Single
$4.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Literarylioness » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:14 pm

Sharona22

Lodestones work by attracting what you want to YOU. That's why we say "as I feed you, you feed me" when we pinch some magnetic sand on them. You are establishing a relationship with your lodestone, or stones.

Let's say you want a new car. You get a picture of the car you want, your personal concern, and your petition paper. You place all of this under the lodestone and dress it with some attraction oil (with a hint of mineral oil if possible) and tell the lodestone you want the car pictured. You feed the lodestone every day until you get the car. Now once you get the car, you can do two things, you can give the lodestone a proper burial in your front yard, or you can wash it in whiskey (traditional) and work with the lodestone for something else.

I am loath to bury a good lodestone. If the lodestone is a good worker I rather bathe it in whiskey and give it another task to do. I never break-up paired lodestones either.

Yes, you can use Hoyte's cologne too, but I have always used whiskey.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby Sharona22 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:09 pm

what are the percentage of people who used the loadstones themselves had a positive results
Sharona22

Unread postby EcleckticMama » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:17 pm

Sharona22

Are you trying to poll people?

I don't think you can get accurate results trying to poll the forum users here, Sharon. Everyone's idea of "Positive results" will vary as they analyze how they went about creating their spell. You cannot judge lodestone's (or really any single magical ingredient's) effectiveness this way. More than just a single ingredient goes into a spell and its magic.

Or are you trying to get an idea from the shop folks what the feed back is on lodestones?
EcleckticMama

Unread postby Miss Bri » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:28 pm

Sharona,

I have no idea what the percentages are of people who work with lodestones. Every worker I know works with or has worked with in the past lodestones, they are one of the fundamental curios in the conjure tool box. But they are not the only curios that you can work with, and judging from the above posts I am not at all sure that a lodestone is what you want to work with in order to attain your goal. If the information and traditions of caring for and handling lodestones feels overwhelming and is too much to manage then just take a step back and work with something else--try a candle anointed with attraction oil if drawing something to you is your intention.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Sharona22 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:09 pm

I see the point of asking about the percentage as not being an accurate way to judge,it seems my own personal trial and error should be the barometer
Sharona22

Unread postby Sharona22 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:31 am

I just ordered new load stones and read all these things associated so I did not harm disrespect or betray them as I did in the past I did not feed or treat the only one I had well I am going to take it outside and give it blessing oil alittle magnetic sand and say my apologies for the way I treated it I did not name it so should I do anything else after reading all this I feel sincerely guilty If Cat or Bri have any more help for funeral it would be appreciated
Sharona22

Unread postby Miss Bri » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:27 pm

Sharona22

You can bury it and light a candle thanking it for the work that it did for you. This is a dud lodestone, right? It does not attract things to it anymore and when you sprinkle it with magnetic sand that sand does not stick, correct? If that is not the case then you can clean your lodestone with whisky, tell it that you are sorry for starving it and that it will never happen again and set it back to work with you, honoring it as you would normally.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby marcoa » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:19 am

Hello everyone,

When performing a lodestone drawing ritual using a single lodestone to draw your wish to you, is the size of the lodestone important?

When I purchase my lodestones from Lucky Mojo I notice there is magnetic sand already on them. Should I remove this sand before I wash my lodestone in whiskey? If I do, is it o.k to re-feed the lodestone with the same magnetic sand or should I use new sand?

Thanks!
marcoa

Unread postby Sharona22 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:29 am

Hey Bri I am going to check about whether the sand sticks or not I just assumed that being I starved it for so long and did not hardly ever talk to it after first week I had to bury it,I thought that that cleaning and apologizing would not be a favorable thing i think Cat had an opinion on that but said she had favorite one she did work with time after time I will try to see if it is is a dud or not and if I can work with it again I will apologize with my fullest sincereity for my lack of knowledge leading to pure outome. This is a terrific sight and great topic
Sharona22

Unread postby maduro01 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:41 pm

Are you using extra large lodestones as opposed to small lodestones any more effective?
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!
maduro01

Unread postby Miss Bri » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:57 pm

maduro01

More important than the size of your lodestone is how effectivelyit draws things to it, that is, how magnetic is it.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby maduro01 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:00 am

Bri

So, the amount of magnetic sand on the lodestones makes the difference?
maduro01

Unread postby J Simulcik » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:48 am

maduro01

Essentially, as that's usually a good visual indication of how attractive that stone is. Sprinkling magnetic sand on a white paper around a lodestone is another good method, as that will show you the magnetic field of the stone; the larger, the better.
J Simulcik

Unread postby maduro01 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:10 pm

J Simulcik

Is there a such thing as putting WAY TOO MUCH magnetic sand on the lodestone? If so, what are the ramifications of doing such?
maduro01

Painting Lodestones?

Unread postby Ginger777 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:54 pm

Since I am patiently waiting for my box of goodies :D I have been preparing myself for the work and doing research on your site, but I cannot find anything about if it is ok to paint your lodestones with the appropriate colors of intentions. Will painting them lose their magnetism? Are there certain types of paint you can use to paint them? Or is it just better to work with them in their natural state? Any suggestions would be wonderful! Thank you in advance!!!!
Ginger777

Re: Painting Lodestones?

Unread postby Lukianos » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:58 am

Hi Ginger777,

Painted lodestones are used by some folks (usually red for love work or green for money work), but more often, lodestones are used in their natural state. Some lodestones will have natural variations in coloration (white speckles, subtle reddish oxide casts, etc). I personally do not paint my lodestones; that said, a thin layer of water-based acrylic paint should not greatly affect magnetism.
Lukianos

Unread postby Ginger777 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:26 am

Thanks so much for the advice!
Ginger777

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi Ginger,

I am with Edward--I am not a fan pf painting lodestones, but I love anointing them with condition oils that are appropriate to whatever I am trying to draw to me, be it love, money, success, etc.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Ginger777 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:10 am

Thanks Bri!
Ginger777

Re: Lodestone Size, Feeding

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Medium and small lodestones do better in mojo bags, in my experience. When I am working on attracting something I use an ex-large lodestone. The bigger they are, the more pull they have, usually. Even more important than size is how magnetic the stone is. If the stone is large, but does not have a lot of hairs on it (magnetic sand), it might be a dud.

Do not take the hairs off. That is is a great sign if you have some on the stones. Just add the magnetic sand as needed.

Good luck!

Mary
Literarylioness

Money Drawing and Lodestone

Unread postby KALAMBO » Sun May 03, 2009 9:14 pm

i want to know what happens to the lodestone after a succesful money drawing spell.

does it become a living thing or what?

what happens if my worker or wife sees the hidden lodestone?

the dollar bill is in form of dollar currency. does it mean the money will come in form of dollars, or what?

how often can i see my lodestone?

DM ZAMBIA
KALAMBO

Re: Money Drawing and Lodestone

Unread postby Mother Mystic » Mon May 04, 2009 8:33 am

The lodestone is a living thing in and of itself. You can continue to work with your lodestone for years. You should visit your lodestone on a regular basis and feed it magnetic sand, so it will keep working for you. Once a year, bath it in whiskey, anoint it again and resume feeding. I don't believe people seeing the lodestone will have any affect, but do not allow them to touch it. As far as currency goes, it should come in whatever form you've requested.
Mother Mystic
Forum Moderator

Re: Lodestone Size, Feeding

Unread postby Turnsteel » Mon May 04, 2009 12:34 pm

When it comes to lodestone size I do like larger ones, II have a large size one from Lucky Mojo that works wonderfully. If your looking for a good large size one I would suggest calling the Lucky Mojo shop and ask about getting a large specimen size lodestone, they can hook up with a good one.
Turnsteel

Magnetic Sand...

Unread postby fausto » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:06 pm

If I wanted to put an odd number of items in a mojo bag, does magnetic sand count separately, or is it considered part of a lodestone?
fausto

Re: Magnetic Sand...

Unread postby j82 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:16 pm

i always count it as part of the lodestone
j82

Re: Magnetic Sand...

Unread postby fausto » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:42 pm

Okay, thats what I usually do, just wasnt sure if it was right or not. Thanks.
fausto

Lodestone Issue

Unread postby jwmcclin » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:43 am

I have two lodestones (male/female) in a red flannel mojo bag. The issue is that the she lodestone has now separated from the he lodestone and is without any of the 'hairs' that the he lodestone has... Maybe I didnt keep feeding it daily. Any ideas? Also I should mentioned I never took the lodestones out of the plastic that they came in.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Lodestone Issue

Unread postby jwmcclin » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:52 pm

Update...I fed the she and he stones now they are attached again...
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Lodestone Issue

Unread postby Turnsteel » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:10 pm

Wait,you kept them in the plastic bag? Also Lodestones in a mojo are usualy fed once and left alone, then after a year you remake the bag,wash them off with whiskey, feed them with new sand and put them back in the bag.
Turnsteel

Unread postby Exu pimenta » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:12 am

Hi

I Have a question. I have been using my Lodestone for gambling luck in lottery and lottery scratch cards, I followed the instructions on cat's website, and I used Lucky 13 Oil to anoint it, I had washed in in Whiskey and Hoyt's cologne previously. And i prayed over it each day and gave it magnetic sands, and thena few days later i actualy had £10 stolen from me in the town. so I want to know if I have done something wrong or if this is just the general intial side effects of using the oil with the magnet and should I continue using it for the ga,bling but with another oil?

Thank you for your help.

Exu Pimenta
Exu pimenta

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:52 am

I don't think it had anything to do with your spell. Stuff just happens ya know? If you go looking at everything as a sign you'l drive yourself nuts.
Turnsteel

Unread postby Exu pimenta » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:35 am

True,

But this last fortnight has been one hell of a fortnight, food poisoning, money stolen, and then a friend of mine dies, I'm hoping that if this is just bad timing that it stops after coming in threes lol.
Exu pimenta

Unread postby Turnsteel » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:35 am

Well you can be sure that your lodestone work didnt bring this on you. But someone may be throwing for you.I would suggest a divination just to be sure.
Turnsteel

Unread postby Exu pimenta » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:09 am

Well I Read tarot as a living, and so I will check again, most of my spirits say that one of my ex friends has still been sending negative works, but its not hoodoo she uses. Still I have a few ideas for dealing with her.

Pimenta
Exu pimenta

Graveyard Dirt

Unread postby Jacqueline » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:42 pm

I hope this is the right place to ask these questions. :oops: I am new to this forum and to hoodoo as well.

Does graveyard dirt have to be used right away? If I am not planning on using the graveyard dirt immediatly then how do I store it? This may sound really funny but I do not want to offend the person that I bought the graveyard dirt from by handling or storing it in a disrespectful manner. Can I leave it on my altar in it's jar or in a tupperware container, untouched until the time it is needed? Or does it not go on the altar at all? If not, can I tuck it away in a drawer until it is required?

Jacqueline
Jacqueline

Re: Graveyard Dirt

Unread postby Miss Bri » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi Jacqueline,
Welcome to the forum!

A lot of the traditions surrounding the use of Graveyard dirt and working with the spirits in Conjure are pretty varied, in part because this is one of those areas where family and ethnic attitudes about the dead inform our work more heavily. With that said, there are some general parameters for working with spirits and graveyard dirt that can help answer your question.

You do not have to use graveyard dirt right away. Storage of the dirt depends in part on whose dirt it is and what you are using it for. Placing it in your altar is a respectful way of working with and honoring the spirit that you bought the dirt from but if you collected the dirt of a murderer for instance for some killing work, you may not want that energy around your altar. Whereas, if you collected dirt from a loving relative you may absolutely want that around your altar. You can store the dirt in whatever container works for you, although since you are asking for the aid of a spirit and you may place the dirt on an altar, you may want to store it in a beautiful container that is pleasing to the eye.
If storing it on your altar creates too much of a "presence" then putting it away with other magical materials until you are ready to work with it is fine.

Good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:18 pm

I have a question about graveyard dirt. If you are finish with it how do u dispose of remains? I didnt use all of it in my spellwork.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Papa Rouj » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:04 am

Was this the grave dirt of an ancestor, or a willing spirit who agreed to help you??
Papa Rouj

Unread postby Jacqueline » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:17 pm

If it's from an ancestor? Or can one use the remaining graveyard dirt in something else? It doesn't go stale does it? ;)
Jacqueline

Unread postby Papa Rouj » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:42 pm

Either way, you could create a spirit jar with the remaining grave dirt (if the spirit is willing to help) and keep them as a guide... :-)

No, it doesn't "go stale" hehehehehehehehe
Papa Rouj

Unread postby Jacqueline » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:49 pm

How do I go about creating a spirit jar? I have never heard of one before.
Jacqueline

Unread postby Turnsteel » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:15 pm

Jacqueline

I have heard the term and of so called spirit pots but not in hoodoo. I've heard it whispered of in palo, which i know almost nothing about, and Espiritismo of which I know even less and am probably spelling wrong. But yeah as far as I know its not a part of hoodoo, but I could be wrong.

That being said if it was the dirt of someone you loved I would put it either on your ancestor alter or on your main one if you don't have a separate one. I keep the dirt of a few of my dead relatives on an alter for them. Give them a glass of water, maybe light a red candle and just talk to them.
Turnsteel

Unread postby Jacqueline » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:48 pm

Do people often mix other practices and beliefs with Hoodoo?

Another question and I hope this is not going way off topic but everyone of these posts are very informative and tends to raise new questions for me.

What is an anestral altar? And what is often used in an ancestor altar? I have never thought of having two different altars.

Thanks,

Jacqueline
Jacqueline

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:26 pm

Very few hoodoo practitioners mix other praqcxtices in with hoodoo -- but a lot of newbies who come to hoodoo from the internet sure do! Spirit pots are not a hoodoo item. This board is not for the theoretical discussion of Afro-Caribbean religions or chaos magic, or other stuff. It is for the discussion of how to use Lucky Mojo products. So ... no spirit pots.

For the persistence of African forms of ancestor veneration in hoodoo, see the thread in the Sprituality section on Ancestors. For specific on hoodoo-style altars, see the thread on altars.

This thread is the Lodestone and Magnetic Sand questions and Answers thread. Please pay attention. Thank you.

MIN-LOD-AGRI
Lodestone, Grit and Gravel
$4.00

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Lodestone Question

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:14 am

If you are already in contact with the person you want to get closer to, when using the lodestone spell...are the he and she stones still separated and drawn to each other over a period of time? Also I have been in a relationship with this person since August last year. I seems since I was traveling last month we are not as close. Please advise. Thanks.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Lodestone Question

Unread postby Silverpony » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:32 pm

The stones being made to move closer to each other represent emotional, loving closeness more than a closing of physical distance, so the idea is that as they're drawn together you become closer in that regard.

I would suggest a honey jar spell for sweetening up the relationship, but before you do that maybe do some divination to see if there are any obstacles in the way.
Silverpony

Re: Lodestone Question

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:00 pm

Thank you
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

lodestone question

Unread postby yoopylucks » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:39 pm

i have read a few books all of which have some confusing things about lodestones some say that to attract women you need a female lodestone that needs to be worked with others say that you need a male lodestone that needs to be worked with i just dont feel like doing any work and instead of attracting a women i start attracting men lol theres nothing wrong with being gay its just not my thing so anywhoo someone please clarify this for me thank you very much in advanced
yoopylucks

Next

• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

Return to Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork