Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Sulphur Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
EcleckticMama

Sulphur Questions and Answers

Unread post by EcleckticMama » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:22 am

As a kid, my mom would have me sprinkle sulphur around my ankles and waistband of my pants to keep the chiggers away when we were gardening. It caused no irritations.

Sulphur is also an ingredient in some older soaps for acne.

So, I would think you should have no problems for bathing with it, though because of sulphur's use as an acne treatment (drying most likely), it could be irritating in enough quantity. Exercise reasonable caution as you would approaching a new cosmetic or soap.

LynneTyson
Re: Sulphur Questions and Answers

Unread post by LynneTyson » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:33 pm

I own am part owner of a dog kennel and we use a mixture of flowers of sulphur and olive oil on "hot spots" a good old time remedy that works. (drying and soothing)

LynneTyson (Tyson Kennels)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:21 pm

Yep! We also used powdered Sulphur mixed with lard as an ointment for dogs with "hot shots" and straight powdered Sulphur to prevent chiggers. I think that's why it is used in a number of formulas to drive off enemies.
catherine yronwode

yoopylucks

Unread post by yoopylucks » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:30 pm

hey all how are yall doing?

my question is on sulfur.

I have read in places that sulfur is used for evil magic and i have also read that it may be used to clear negative energy as well i would like to know some ways to use sulfur in a positive way thanks

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:38 pm

Please read more about Sulphur here, including one protective or cleansing use:

http://herb-magic.com/sulphur-powder.html

Rather than asking questions about each natural product used in hoodoo, you might also want to invest $14.95 in a copy of "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" -- which will provide you with 224 pges of information on 500 herbs, minerals, and zoological curios.

BOO-GRI-HHSC
Hoodoo Herb & Root Magic, Paperback by cat yronwode
$14.95

catherine yronwode

yoopylucks

Unread post by yoopylucks » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:10 pm

hey catherine ive tried o buy your book a few times. I have yet to find a store that carries it. ive tried borders and barnes and noble they always seem to have some excuse about why they dont have it or cant get it so as far as me getting that book it may be a while.

Also i thought that sulphur would be in incense --sorry my mistake.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:18 pm

You can order my book from amazon.com or from luckymojo.com and some of the stores that sell our products carry it as well. If you buy it from Lucky Mojo, it will be signed by me.

Is there some reason you think you have to buy it is a bricks and mortar shop? I mean, why not purchase online with a debit or credit card or via mail order with cash, check, or money order?

With regard to sulphur being an "incense" -- no, it is a mineral, but it is a mineral that can BURN. That is why it is also called brenstone or brimstone -- the term is Old English for Burn-Stone -- the stone that burns.

In the old days -- in hoodoo as well as in European folk-magic, Sulphur was burned to totally, completely, and absolutely eradicate evil from a building. The smoke is HIGHLY TOXIC. Do not try this at home!

The powder itself is not toxic in the way that the smoke it. Therefor it is added to baths, shampoos, and other household goods, including organix insecticies.

Anyway, here is the link to purchase Sulphur.

MIN-SUL-POWD
Sulphur Powder
$4.50

catherine yronwode

yoopylucks

Unread post by yoopylucks » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:39 pm

catherine i dont have credit or debit or anything of that nature the best i may be able to do would probably be money order even then it would take so much longer seeing as i have to waite for it to get to where ever its going and then waite for it to be shipped its long process but i get what your saying.

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:18 pm

yoopylucks, I get around this by buying disposable gift cards. I don't know if they have them where you are but its worth looking into, they work like a debit card with a fixed amount, when you're done you just throw the card away.

yoopylucks

Unread post by yoopylucks » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:26 pm

hail thanks forgot about those so catherine are they usable on your site thanks for that suggestion haildiscordia

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:18 pm

Good idea, Turnsteel.

Yes, yoopylucks, we do accept gift debit cards and disposable debit cards, although we have sometimes had trouble getting our system to accept them if they are not properly activated. They sometimes come up declined when they should not. We will contact you if and when that happens.

Money orders are just as easy to use, in my opinion. It takes 3-5 days for a money order to get here by first class mail from almost anywhere. They are as good as cash and your book will ship the same day that we receive the money order.

More ordering options here:

http://luckymojo.com/mojocatorder.html
catherine yronwode

peggy

Unread post by peggy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:25 pm

Hello Everyone

In concern of sulfer, I have used sulfer soap and was wondering do anyone think :?:

Is it a wise idea to use it with an Uncrossing spell as a bath. For example, like if I was to use my 13 Herb Bath tea bath and also bath with the sulfer soap?
CONTEND O LORD WITH THOSE WHO CONTEND WITH ME;FIGHT AGAINST THOSE WHO FIGHT AGAINST ME...

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:27 pm

Yes, Sulphur soap can be used alongside Uncrossing Bath Crystals and/or 13 Herb Bath.

It makes a very nice combination with the Uncrossing line -- in particular with Uncrossing Bath Crystals, which you dissolve in your bath water.

BCR-HOO-UNCR
Uncrossing Bath Crystals
$4.50

catherine yronwode

mystic_fae

Unread post by mystic_fae » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:55 pm

I am a little confused about sulfur and can't figure out my answer in this thread. Is it unsafe to burn sulfur on candles? I swore I've read of people using it on candles here which means it would, in a sense, be burning. Is that small amount really toxic? Or am I so off that it shouldn't be used on candles? Because I have been using it on break up candles along with break up type herbs and oils.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Burn it outside. It is one of the key ingredient in matches. It has a distinctive smell.
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

mystic_fae

Unread post by mystic_fae » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:49 pm

Miss Tammie Lee

thank you, I will stop burning it inside then.

Princess_LoveDiva

Unread post by Princess_LoveDiva » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Just wondering i have acne and the only thing that helps contains sulphur. So from what I understand its great for banishing and keeping away evil (probably why some trouble makers in my life just couldn't succeed in their plans), but does it interfere with good spells? Like does it cancel them out? Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm new to this!
.~* Love, Peace and Positivity *~.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:23 am

Hi PrincessTumbles,

Unless you've been asking the sulfur to cancel out your other work will it won't affect it. The same way eating cayenne in chili won't cause people to fight or leave their homes unless it is cooked with that specific intention; nor will lemon-poppy seed cake sour and confuse someone unless it was made to do that!
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism

Princess_LoveDiva

Unread post by Princess_LoveDiva » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:25 am

Lol thanks Aura. That's a great way of putting it!
.~* Love, Peace and Positivity *~.

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:41 pm

i gonna burn it on a charcoal with ginger powder like Miss cat say on the HOODOO HERB AND ROOT MAGIC BOOK for a good start of my new club but i don't know which amount of sulphur to put on the charcoal,let me know please.

Dr_TJ Soul

Sulphur Powder Questions and Answers

Unread post by Dr_TJ Soul » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:49 am

Hello Wise Ones,

I was wondering if someone could help me with a blowing ritual. The ritual is to blow your house out. There is sulphur put in each corner and set on fire. The process is suppose to make your house clean and lucky. I know there has to be a lot more detail left out, but that's all I know. The information was collected and published in Volume 1 of "Hoodoo Conjuration Witchcraft Root" by Harry Middleton Hyatt.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Sulphur Powder Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:10 pm

Sulphur used to be burned in closed houses or rooms to kill pests -- everything from ants and rats to crab lice and bed bugs -- but if does smell bad, it will stain all silver and silverplate black, it will darken wood finishes -- AND it is highly toxic if you breathe the fumes. It's magical use developed from, and parallels, its practicl uses: it cleans away anything that is bothering you, so that your natural luck can come out. It is used in forumals to get rid of bad things as well as to create luckiness by their removal.

We do not recommend burning sulphur. As a powder ingredient that is not burned, it is not toxic in that way.

MIN-SUL-POWD
Sulphur Powder
$4.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

Dr_TJ Soul

Re: Sulphur Powder Questions and Answers

Unread post by Dr_TJ Soul » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:48 pm

Thank You,
Miss Cat

Crunch-N-munch

Unread post by Crunch-N-munch » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I bought the dume candle and I'm using it on an enemy. I sprinkled some sulfur inside the 7 day dume candle and its smells really bad.

I'm in an apartment and cannot put it outside without everyone outside walking by that could take it or trash it. it smells, it isn't smoky but its melted in the wax and just smells.

Is it toxic to smell it without it being smoky?

I want to continue this spell but if I have to put it outside I can't and most likely will start over and put very very little sulfur in the candle spell this time around.

Please help

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:18 pm

Dear Crunch-N-munch,

Well, SULPHUR JUST STINKS TO HELL. That is its nature. That is what it is for.

Breathing the burning fumes is toxic. Smelling it is not harmful.

Some folks burn these in storage lockers to keep them away from the home.

Good luck
catherine yronwode

Hopeful1016

Unread post by Hopeful1016 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:41 pm

I forgot to add sulphur to my order, so I read about it in the order catalogue. Since it says that it's in crossing products and goofer already, would it be necessary to order it anyway? It is in goofer and crossing products, am I correct?

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:21 pm

Hello, Hopeful1016 ,

if the website says that, then it isn't necessary to buy extra if you're using it for cursing or crossing.

take care

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”