• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:04 am

Amulets and Objects Not Sold by LMCCo Questions and Answers

How to select, dress, fix, empower, and employ Lucky Mojo magical amulets, charms, seals, papers, talismans, and jewelry.

Unread postby tisha » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:39 am

question-
i cast resin jewelry.
could i place items used for a toby inside of the resin for a modern take?
would it null the benefits or would the intent be the same?
namaste.
tisha

Re: Creating Charm Jewelry (Resin Toby?)

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:17 pm

Placing charms inside clear resin jewelry, key ring hangers, and statuary has been practiced since the period after WWII, when home casting of plastics became a hobby vogue. Some of the nicest examples come out of Mexico. See a few from the Lucky Mojo amulets and charms sales catalogue here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/horseshoekeyringmex.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/buddhacross.html

As for whether such goods are "contained spells" or merely "artistic articfacts," well, that is open to debate, i suppose. In Mexico they are considered to be "fixed and prepared," that is, empowered, but most buyers still treat them as items of manufacture and would dress and fix them externally as wll.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby tisha » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:22 pm

thank you both!
i was thinking of the pregnant buddha when i wrote this.
glad to know such items would be seen in a positive light.
namaste.
tisha

Unread postby Sharona22 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:00 pm

I had been made by a High Prietess 2 custom gemstone necklaces which were part of a spell and then the blessed gem necklaces were worn by me 24/7. I am very very interesed if anyone on this site could make me a custom personalized necklace of a similar intention useing either gems,roots or any combo of above or if you know of a site that does so. It would be in addition to my mojo bag which I will be wearing
Sharona22

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:57 pm

There are two custom jewelers who work for and with Lucky Mojo. They are Greg Wharton and Carin Huber. Greg work in the shop 5 days a week; he used to have his own jewelry company, Inner Monkey, and we carry some of his line at Lucky Mojo, including some beautiful crucifix necklaces. Carin, of Daffodil Designs, also sells custom empowered amulet jewelry at the shop, and we have some of her works in-house as well, including a fantastic Scarab neckace and a bacelet made with fish bones and eye charmes. These fine one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces have been ritually made and can be further dressed and blessed for your specific needs and desires at the time of purchase. You may call the shop at 707-887-1521 and ask for Greg to help you on this. He works from 9 - 5, Friday through Tuesday (he is off on Wednesday and Thursday).
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Sharona22 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:34 am

Thank you so much for the information it is exactly what I was looking for and everything sounds awesome,once again you have given me the proper direction to go I greatly appreciate this as well as the help I have received from everyone here at the forum
Sharona22

Unread postby Sharona22 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:41 am

Hey Cat I just got off the phone with Gregg he no longer makes custom Jewlery but it was sort of fate that I spoke to him he was both kind and compassionate and said that the pyschic vision spell kit and the candle and everything else I am doing is what I need and just focusing on I know they are going to work is what I should be doing I now am very anxious to get all my items from LM. So this is in a way a small testimonal about the LM employees I have dealt with Robin,Gregg and others and they are awesome.
Sharona22

Unread postby Trickster » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:49 pm

Sharona22 wrote:I had been made by a High Prietess 2 custom gemstone necklaces which were part of a spell and then the blessed gem necklaces were worn by me 24/7. I am very very interesed if anyone on this site could make me a custom personalized necklace of a similar intention useing either gems,roots or any combo of above or if you know of a site that does so. It would be in addition to my mojo bag which I will be wearing

I knew a Khemtic priestess who did this too, and yes, she fixed me up a nice Egyptian necklace with the gems that supposedly vibrated to my name. (It is really cool, made with a lot of gems/stones the egyptians used, like lapis, turquoise, etc.. Complete w/ turquoise scarab that she designed so that it was holdingup a large amber faceted bead to represent the sun. The necklace was completed by a bronze ankh flanked by lotuses. Very nice. I dress it from time to time with Amber Oil. Scents the entire room.) I don't wear the necklace, afraid I'de break it, but I hang it over an Egyptian papyri I have of Ramses offering lotuses to Hathor.

The priestess also made my sister a love necklace with a rose quartz angel pendant.
Trickster

Unread postby zee » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:16 am

This is an unusual Q

My husband inherited from his father an extremely ancient statuette from an archaeological site. We dont know much about it and what its origins etc were. Its about 3" high and we have just kept it in the corner of our room in a little green 'mojo-type' bag and never given it any thought.

I was wondering if there was any use for this type of thing, ie could i use it in a protection type spell for us,or something else? I am currently in the process of home cleansing and given the age of this thing ( several centuries I would assume), would it be a good idea to include it somehow in the cleaning ritual?

It seems to be a little clay statue, and it is likely from the digs in what is now northern India/Kashmir.

Any thoughts..or should i just let it be?
zee

Re: Ancient statue

Unread postby Mama Micki » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:49 pm

Is it a Hindu deity? Maybe you could describe it or attach a picture. You could dab some Florida Water on it to cleanse it of any negative energy and set up a little altar, then burn some appropriate incense to honor the deity it represents. LM carries several products (oils, incense, bath, candles) that would be appropriate to use.
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby NotDorianGray » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:46 pm

You need to get it to an expert and have it valued for insurance purposes, and also get some background as to what it actually is. I wouldn't cleanse it with any kind of liquid, as this could be damaging to the clay. The best way would be to pass it through some incense smoke. Also, don't keep it in a green bag. Keep it in something white until you know the purpose of the statue.
NotDorianGray

Unread postby Mama Micki » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:56 am

I didn't mean to saturate it, just dab on a few drops of Florida Water. Incense smoke would be a good alternative, though, since it is used extensively in India and in Hinduism. I would suggest looking at the pictures of Hindu supplies in LM or start looking at pictures of Hindu deities on the internet. If you live near a Hindu temple or a university with an expert on Eastern religions, there might be someone can identify it for you.
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby zee » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:52 am

Thanks for all suggestion on the forum and IM
I have borrowed some books from the library and will see if I can sort of figure out what it might likely be before i go to an insurance guy ( if i go at all). Will see if i can put it up at the forum here
thx
Zee
zee

Unread postby NotDorianGray » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:23 pm

Just bear in mind that it is old, you don't know what kind of firing (if any) it has had, so even a few drops of liquid could be damaging.
NotDorianGray

Unread postby zee » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:28 am

Good point.
I should probably just stick to incense cleansing and dusting with LM powders once i decide how best to use it.
zee

Unread postby zee » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:28 am

Good point.
I should probably just stick to incense cleansing and dusting with LM powders once i decide how best to use it.
zee

crystal skull

Unread postby supper » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:12 pm

I was cleaning my jewelry box the other day and came across this small crystal skull. My question
is what do I have? What sort of benefit do I have. What sort of charm do I have and what sort of
spell can be use on the crystal skull?

Viva La Dolce
supper

Re: crystal skull

Unread postby Devi Spring » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Crystals aren't really used in conjure - some mineral curios such as lodestone and pyrite are, but not crystals.
You could try using it similarly to a skull candle, though you would obviously need to work it differently since you can't load a crystal with concerns to link it to the target.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Turnsteel » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:50 pm

In addition to what Devi has pointed out I'd like to say that this forum is for Lucky Mojo products, choosing them and using them, its not a general occult forum.
Turnsteel

Unread postby Mama Micki » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:44 am

A skull can be used for a gambling charm. Dress it with your favorite luck oil and keep it with you when you play.

http://www.luckymojo.com/skull.html
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Talisman of 3 nails with the words Justo Juez

Unread postby greeneyes676767 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:03 pm

Does Lucky Mojo carry this talisman? I looked and didn't see it.
greeneyes676767

Re: Talisman of 3 nails with the words Justo Juez

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:35 pm

I know LM carries the card; you may need to call the shop and ask.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby greeneyes676767 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:56 am

Thanks for your help!
greeneyes676767

Unread postby jwmcclin » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:55 pm

Did you locate the card?
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby greeneyes676767 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:08 pm

no i didn't , I called today and asked at Lucky Mojo's if they had the talisman and they said no, it sounds like something i have to make myself. Does anyone know how to make this?
greeneyes676767

Unread postby greeneyes676767 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Did you say card? I am unsure what you mean, it also comes as card?
greeneyes676767

Unread postby CopperFox » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:13 pm

It's like a 2x4" holy card, usually with a prayer on the back. You can use it to craft your talisman. As for a how-to -- be creative! If you are trying to protect property you may also want to pick up some railroad spikes or coffin nails to work into your talisman. Is this something for your home or to wear on your person?
CopperFox

Unread postby Mama Micki » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:21 am

Justo Juez (Just Judge) is a depiction of Jesus on the cross. The prayer and the image are for justice and court cases; the idea is that since Jesus was unjustly convicted of a crime, He is sympathetic to those facing a similiar situation.

The talisman probably uses nails to create a link with the Crucifixion. An alternative to the talisman would be to light a Justo Juez vigil candle (or a candle dressed with Justo Juez oil) and carry the prayer card anointed with Justo Juez oil or Holy Oil.
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby greeneyes676767 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:11 pm

I would like to make this for my home and to carry with me. Thanks for the great info and help! Oh by the way where in LM is the card located?
greeneyes676767

Unread postby greeneyes676767 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:33 pm

I found it ! Thanks!
greeneyes676767

Unread postby supper » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:51 pm

Thank You Devi Spring for the information most greatful!!

Thank You a bunch Mama Micki for helping me and directing my to the LMC section on about sklls
that will come handy!!!

thanks Turnsteel for the reply
supper

Unread postby Miss Bri » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:38 am

If its a quartz crystal skull you can also work with it for clarity and wisdom. You can anoint it with the oils, place it on an altar where you are doing success/clarity work, or even, depending on how small it is, place it in a mojo hand. While Devi is correct that most crystals are not used in traditional conjure, there using small quartz points in mojo hands does go back quite a ways.
For LMC Clarity products see:
http://www.luckymojo.com/bath-clarity.html
And for King Solomon Wisdom products look here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/kingsolomonwisdom.html

Good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Azabache

Unread postby lunatres76 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:59 pm

I have a question in reference to amulets that protect from the evil eye.

Where is the origin of the Azabache? I saw the article about the evil eye at the Lucky W Amulet Archive but with no mention of it. (not that I am angry. Just curious). If not familiar with it: A black bead with a red bead (looks like the deer eye amulet from Mexico. but it isn't a bean).

THANKS!!!! :D
lunatres76

Re: Azabache

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:05 pm

Hon, azabache is just the Spanish word for jet, a black mineral. It means a black bead, black amulet, black charm, like the figa hand -- or any anti-evil eye charm.

The word azabache is nowadays applied to charms made of black glass, black onyx, and black plastic, too -- just the way we use the term "jet black" in English to mean "very black," without referring to the mineral jet.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby lunatres76 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:13 am

I didn't realize that. I thought it reference something else.
Thank you Cat for the explanation.
lunatres76

Unread postby cognitivedissonance » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:36 am

Three interesting (possibly relevant) factoids about jet:

It can generate a slight electrical charge when rubbed, similar to amber. Also, it commonly harbors pyrite inclusions. In the Victorian era, it had a strong vogue as a funeral gemstone, due to the etiquette rules about widow's weeds.

These facts may be useful to somebody! :-p

amateur geologist -------->
cognitivedissonance

What is cat wearing in this photo?

Unread postby angelael » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:56 am

I just found this on the internet and was wondering what it was,

angelael

Re: What is cat wearing in this photo?

Unread postby Devi Spring » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:08 am

Looks like some sort of talisman constructed from milagros. I'll be interested to hear her speak about it!
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:58 am

Devi is correct -- it is a necklace comprised of Mexican milagro or ex voto pieces of the type used in folk-Catholic religious works for healings and for abundance. The emblems include a cherub, sun, praying people, standing people, ear of corn, arms, legs, and breasts.

Read more about ex voto [from my vow] charms, also called milagro [miracle] charms, here:

http://luckymojo.com/milagros.html

AMU-MEX-MILA
Milagro Charms, Assorted Brass and Silvered Brass
$1.00

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby ajohnny » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:03 am

I think that is composed of a number of different small charms pieced together to form some sort of milage charm probably made by a talisman.

I am not that sure what combining those small charms would mean and how they would be used but they are looking to be of great work to guide and bless the person with various pieces in it.
ajohnny

sun talisman

Unread postby luckyboy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:37 pm

any information on charging a sun talisman? used for fame and good health. I need ritual suggestions on how to actually charge it and when to do it, like how do these things get charged? should I put a candle on it? should I perform ritual when the sun is rising? what prayers to use? what color candles? which oils would be best suited? any answers even to questions I didn't think of would be greatly appreciated. the more the better, thank you so much for reading this guys. blessings
luckyboy

Re: sun talisman

Unread postby Devi Spring » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:07 am

Well, I'd start by using planetary Sun oil. Depending on what kind of talisman you're using, there are sometimes already psalms or other prayers associated with them, and if that was the case I would use that and pray it over it, letting your breath fall onto it. You could pass it through the planetary Sun incense. You could dress and burn a gold candle with Sun oil on top of it. You could put it out into the rays of the noontime sun and pray over it.

The possibilities are pretty numerous.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby luckyboy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:10 am

thank you Devi for answering both questions. have a nice day
luckyboy

Indian artifacts

Unread postby Dancing Goat » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:58 pm

I live near the James River and also Colonial Williamsburg. While walking along the banks of the river, I have found many pieces of Indian tobacco pipe stems ranging from 1" to 2.5" long. I'm sure they are very powerful but would like to know what attributes these artifacts would have in the mojo world. They are made of clay so I guess they would qualify as a talisman of sorts. Any opinions on their use?
Dancing Goat

Re: Indian artifacts

Unread postby Miss Aida » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:31 am

I don't know what power they would carry specifically. Someone else will know better. But, lately, I've been checking things like this with a Ghost Meter just to make sure that they are not carrying any negative energies.
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Re: Indian artifacts

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:03 am

Dancing Goat, not everything we see or find in this world has inherent magical or spiritual "power" or "meaning." Even among those things that are culturally accepted as being of interest to occultists, magicians, hoodoo rootworkers, Spiritualist mediums, shamans, and the like, a given item's employment may not be as a "talisman" but rather as a touchstone or personal concern that enables a sensitive medium to contact the maker or previous owner.

This thread is being merged into the long thread on objects found all over the world which do not happen to be sold by the Lucky Mojo Curio Company, whose product forum you are engaging.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Dr Johannes » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:32 am

luckyboy wrote:any information on charging a sun talisman? used for fame and good health. I need ritual suggestions on how to actually charge it and when to do it, like how do these things get charged? should I put a candle on it? should I perform ritual when the sun is rising? what prayers to use? what color candles? which oils would be best suited? any answers even to questions I didn't think of would be greatly appreciated. the more the better, thank you so much for reading this guys. blessings

In addition to using the Astrological products and the correct timing, I have used a looking glass and burnt my Sun talismans a bit. Sometimes I used it to burn the symbols themselves on a piece of wood. I think it gives them a very nice touch.
Need Help? I am on AIRR --
www.readersandrootworkers.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ReadersandRootworkers
Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Re: Amulets and Objects Not Sold by LMCCo Questions and Answers

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:24 am

That is beautiful Dr. Johannes. Very nice...and SMART!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby charityrose13 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:47 pm

Hopfully this is the correct place to post this.I handmade a rosary to use in furthering my devotion to Mother Mary.I was wondering how to go about blessing the rosary so it can be an effective instrument in helping bring me closer to Her and bring her energies into my life.What LM products and teniques would y'all recommend? Thanks
charityrose13

Unread postby natstein » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:08 am

Heloo Charityrose13,

First you can always take it to a Catholic or Episcopal priest if you are a follower of those faiths. You could also use LM Blessing oil or any of the Our Lady oils. I think there are 8 of them. Pick the version that you are closest to. I have always been partial to Our Lady of Guadalupe because of her closeness to indigenous peoples and Our lady of Perpetual Help is also one that feels good to me. But chose the one you feel drawn to. You can find all the oils on this page: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatoils.html

When you get your oil just put a little on your fingers and say a sincere prayer to the Mother Mary asking to be closer to her and then pray your rosary.

Hope this helps.

Peace~

Nathen
natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread postby charityrose13 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:03 am

Thanks,natstein

Do you think a blend of All Saints oil and Blessing oil would work?
charityrose13

Unread postby Miss Aida » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:23 pm

Hello, charityrose13 ,
How beautiful that you make your own rosaries. Just wonderful.
You have great ideas! Love them!
But if I can't find a priest, I usually use the 7-11 Holy oil www.luckymojo.com/7-11holytype.html
Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby charityrose13 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:20 pm

Thanks Miss Aida for your response!

I'll see if my local priest will bless it for me even though I don't attend their church.I'll also annoint it with oil myself.
charityrose13

Unread postby KookieMari » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:01 pm

There are some people I know who wear their protection around their waist. It's like a colorful thick string. Does anyone know more about this? Where does it derive from? Is it apart of hoodoo tradition? Does lucky mojo have this?
KookieMari

Unread postby ProfessorAmes » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:39 pm

Hi KookieMari

I think what you are referring to is from Nigeria and are called by several names, but I know them as jigida or mgbaji. They are worn by women as protection but mostly as an outward sign of their sexual maturity, fertility and womanhood.

I don't know that Lucky Mojo carries them. I'd suggest calling the store and checking, with curios there are often times when they go by a different name, the supply changes often I'm sure and a lot of the curios aren't photographed.

Hope that helps in your search.
ProfessorAmes
Forum Moderator

Larimar meaning?

Unread postby DavidOwen » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:35 pm

Hi,

I would like to ask, what is the larimar gemstone meaning? It have been first found around 1900 and is only available at the Dominican Republic, so I don't think many people use or understand it.
My wife wants one for Xmas (she thinks it's beautiful), but I just need to know if it will do good for her (just worried).

Thx a lot,
David
DavidOwen

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:59 pm

Hello, DavidOwen --

We are not a gem and mineral shop, and we do not carry this stone. I suggest you look through books on the subject or inquire somewhere that occult gems and minerals are the main sale items. We do carry quite an assortment or rocks, minerals, and amulets, but our work is prmarily in making oils, incense, powders, and bath products.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby DavidOwen » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:04 pm

Thanks Catherine, and sorry for that

I was hoping some other board member would know that, but I will lookg somewhere else, thanks.
DavidOwen

Unread postby Jean-Marie » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:05 am

I found these interesting keychains for sale... (Click link for picture) http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71qDRhPR%2BHL._SX522_.jpg

They depict a pale-skinned woman with red or possibly blonde hair engaging in various sex positions with a skeleton.

Incidentally, the company that makes these also sell knock-offs of the "Indescribable Lucky Charm" written about in the Lucky W Amulet archive here: http://www.luckymojo.com/indescribable.html

What do you make of them?
Jean-Marie

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:39 am

Very interesting. Not my style, but still, worthy of placing in a collection of odd keychains! Thanks for the link!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Newsletter

Return to Amulets, Charms, Seals, Papers, and Jewelry in Hoodoo