Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Protection Mojo Hand Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo conjure hands, mojo bags, nation sacks, trick bags, tobies, jomos, spell packets, Jack balls, and dolls.
justv

Protection Mojo Hand Questions and Answers

Unread post by justv » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:43 pm

I have a 10yr old son. Up until the 3 grade he was very happy and outgoing...confident. In 3rd grade he had a teacher who was dying of cancer but still continued to teach. Unfortunately he took out a lot of his anger and frustration due to his pain out on the kids. He has since passed away. That time seemed to have sucked those good qualities I use to see in my son right out of him. I want to know if there is a mojo bag or something I can put together for him that will restore his confidence and happiness and protect him from being hurt again. :cry: Thank you for any advice.

V

Lukianos

Re: Protection and Confidence Mojo For My Son

Unread post by Lukianos » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:36 pm

Hello V--
Consider 2 parts to the work: First, a series of 3 spiritual baths, over the course of at least 3 days to 1) cleanse (Uncrossing or Road Opening-type formula), 2) bless (Blessing and/or Crucible of Courage-type formula) and 3) protect (Protection or similar formula--Fiery Wall of Protection would probably be overkill in this case). Second, a mojo hand for your son containing age-appropriate herbs and curios for blessing and personal power/protection: caraway seeds, flax seed, angelica root, master of the woods herb, basil, cat's eye shell, rose hip, balm of gilead, borage flowers are all suitable.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi V,

On top of the baths and mojo bag, you can also set vigil lights for him and have them burning on a regular basis. Crown of Success is a really nice one for success in school type activities: http://www.luckymojo.com/crownofsuccess.html
You can also make your own vigil light with a custom blend of appropriate oils and herbs for your son's success, happiness, and protection. You can burn these lights while he is at school out of your sight for an extra added "oomph!"

Good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

justv

Unread post by justv » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:23 am

Thank you so much for your advice. I can't wait to see the sparkle in his eyes again!

V

Lara

Unread post by Lara » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:08 am

To that list of herbs, I want to add peach tree leaves and thyme. I have the thyme in a small muslin bag for my youngest when she gets nightmares. The bag with the thyme helps a lot with nightmares.

My oldest also has a set of worry dolls that she carries with her, you can buy worry dolls from Lucky Mojo. They are wonderful for children to tell their worries to before bed. She was having a lot of trouble at school and said they helped her.

I use the King Solomon Wisdom Oil, blended with Clarity Oil with a touch of peach tree leaves to help my oldest in school.

Lara

justv

Unread post by justv » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:20 pm

Thank you for the help :) . I was also wondering if it was ok to sew the mojo bag closed? Hes very curious and I thought it might be a way to keep him from pulling anything out and possibly making the mojo bag less powerful. Thanks again!

V

Mr. Lucky

Protection Mojo

Unread post by Mr. Lucky » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:41 pm

Make a small draw string bag out of white cotton. Create a sigil for protection, and draw it on the outside of the bag or on a piece of paper (torn on all sides) which you put inside the bag. Then put three bay leaves, some High John the Conqueror root, eucalyptus, sage, marjoram, mint, and cinnamon. Spit in the bag, tie it up and then feed it some whiskey. Carry it on you always, feed it whiskey every week, and don't let other people touch it.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Protection Mojo

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:05 pm

The term "create a sigil for protection" marks this as chaos magic. In hoodoo practice, we'd be more likely to sew on a protection amulet or to draw one of the hundreds of already-created protection sigils we are accustomed to using in our tradition.
catherine yronwode

Mr. Lucky

Unread post by Mr. Lucky » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:22 pm

I realize this. I don't see anything wrong with adding a personalized sigil. The hoodooists of old were not worried about "violating" the tradition of hoodoo when they picked by the 6th and 7th Books of Moses. And it worked.

Just because one sigil was added does not make it chaos magic.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:28 pm

I think you miss my point. Bringing in undefined elements from another path or tradition, such as chaos magic, is not going to work on this forum because we will not be hosting the inevitable questions about "how do you create a sigil?" any more than we would be hosting questions on "What is Ochosi's number?"

Please stay on topic.
catherine yronwode

Mr. Lucky

Unread post by Mr. Lucky » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:33 pm

Roger that.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:08 pm

Yes, sewing a mojo bag closed is quite traditional, and is a method preferred by some folks. Wrapping and tying the neck of the bag are more common these days than sewing, but sewing has been used to finish off mojo hands for as long as folks have been making them.
catherine yronwode

justv

Unread post by justv » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:46 am

Im going to purchase the baths for my son. I wonder if its ok to give him the baths on three seperate Saturdays? He goes to school so it will be hard for me to get him up before dawn and perform the bath. I don't have enough time to take him with me to dispose of the bath water at a crossroads and then make it to school on time. Also, is it ok to mix two baths together like Road Opening and Uncrossing for the first bath and Crucible of Courage and Blessing for the second bath? Is it better to do them seperately or if I'm going to mix them mix in 3s? Thank You!

V

J Simulcik

Unread post by J Simulcik » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:41 am

Three successive Saturdays is an acceptable timeline for a series of baths. You can also certainly mix baths, but I feel 2 x 2 is a little awkward. I would suggest mixing Road Opener, Crucible of Courage, and Blessing together and then dividing by three to get each Saturday's portion.

justv

Unread post by justv » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:29 pm

I didn't even think to mix and divide! Thank you!

V

mysiclady

Protection Mojo

Unread post by mysiclady » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Can you bury an proctection mojo outside around your home to protect you and your loved ones, and if so,how do you go about doing this, Also what items would you use,Is there a certain day, time, prayer?

Thanks,Mysiclady :P

fausto

Unread post by fausto » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Im not an expert, but I dont think its appropriate to bury an actual mojo bag unless you are trying to dispose of it. Instead, what you are looking for is a bottle spell. The bottle can be made of blue glass and contain nails, pins, needles, razors, etc. some of your hair and/or urine, protection herbs, minerals and curios. Also, look into fiery wall of protection products.

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:59 am

Thier are times when you would secret a mojo around a houce and burying it is an option but I would definetly go with a bottle spell for this.

Dimples03

Tripple strength protection mojo

Unread post by Dimples03 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:41 am

I bought two of the protection mojo's, one for my mom and one for me. i have followed the instructions the first time i put it together. how do i maintain the strength of my protection mojo. could i add anything to it? how often should i anoint it with fiery wall of protection oil? do i just dress the outside of the bag or do i sprinkle some oil on the inside? i havent kept it directly on me, but i have been carrying it in my bag to work and sleeping with it by my bed. can someone please give me tips to keep my mojo effective for me and tips on how to keep it strong. Thanks in advance.

rickets

Re: Tripple strength protection mojo

Unread post by rickets » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:35 pm

Anoint it when you feel it should be put in use, usually for my protection bag I anoint it once a week or once a month. I also have a jack-ball that I soak in whisky every other week. It depends on the circumstances, I can't say for sure the usage of cats mojo bag products, as i have not used them yet.

_rickets

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:14 pm

Hi

Dimples03 wrote:how do i maintain the strength of my protection mojo.

Feed it regularly.

rickets wrote:could i add anything to it?

You could but it really isnt need at all.

Dimples03 wrote:how often should i anoint it with fiery wall of protection oil?

Once a week on the day you made it.

Dimples03 wrote:do i just dress the outside of the bag or do i sprinkle some oil on the inside?

This has come up many times. Next time you have a question use the search bar first. Dab the oil on the out side of the bag, mojos are usualy never opened after they are fixed, its right up thier with letting it being seen or touched.

Dimples03 wrote:i havent kept it directly on me, but i have been carrying it in my bag to work and sleeping with it by my bed.

Thats fine.

The Apprentice

Unread post by The Apprentice » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:04 am

Dear Catherine Yronwode, I have a question that bothers me. I have discovered based on my own experience that a Mojo Bag not always covers all the areas of life to protect, it is only good if direct attack is performed. For instance if a person aggresively makes you lose a job and/or makes you leave the country Mojo Bag kind of makes it milder but still a person achieves its negative intents. What are the strongest counteracting/protective spells of its kind that can be done quickly in addition to the Mojo Bag if suspicion of this attack arises and if this kind of spell has been casted already and has taken its effect and keeps you away from returning to the country?

Thank you very much for your wise advice.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi there, The Apprentice
I am not cat, but I do believe that I can begin to answer your questions. First off, I think your understanding of what a mojo bag is and what it does is a bit incomplete. There are many, many different kinds of mojo bags and only a handful of them are for protection period. Other popular hands (another word for a mojo bag) include: luck and money drawing, healing, success in all of your endeavors, and love drawing. Check out this link for more info:
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojo.html

So if you have a love-drawing mojo hand that is not going to do anything for you in terms of protection. Now there are some especially powerful hands like the Jack ball that are more comprehensive (and also more time consuming to make, but really worth it.)
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.html#jack

There are also many, many things that you can do for protection that are not mojo bags.
The first thing to do is to keep yourself and your home space spiritually clean. If someone is working against you and you know it, I recommend Fiery Wall of Protection products:
http://www.luckymojo.com/fierywall.html
I also recommend you look over this excellent page on general protection:
http://www.luckymojo.com/protectionspells.html

Good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

LeBaptiste

Unread post by LeBaptiste » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:09 pm

The only thing I add to my mojo is fresh herbs when I feel they need to be replaced and whatever else the instructions called for.

katie80lo

protection bag special

Unread post by katie80lo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:31 am

can i get a custon gris bag made for my 10 yr old to take to my ex husband he is very evil my child needs more than a cross to carry any ideas on who how to get a custom bag made thanks

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator
Re: protection bag special

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:25 am

Call the shop and see what they can do for you. You could also look at the mojo bag page and see if there is something that would fit your situation.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:28 am

I agree with Mama Micki, you can also look through cat's mojo page here http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.html
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

angelael

Unread post by angelael » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:42 pm

Katie you can also use protection and perhaps blessing bath crystals when you do child's laundry. You could also place a small amount of oil on a comb, hairbrush, or toy they carry back and forth. Definitely dress their shoes with the oils.

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:09 pm

Hello, katie80lo,
Please take a look at this page: www.luckymojo.com/protectionspells.html
And also have the Crystal Silence League pray for your baby (it's free): www.crystalsilenceleague.org
I pray for your child's safety
Take care

EvaLuna
Re: Protection Mojo Hand Questions and Answers

Unread post by EvaLuna » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:23 am

Hi,

I was wondering if I can specifically make a mojo bag to protect my relationship with my bf from people trying to break us or make us fight. I have order the fiery wall of protection kit and will be doing that as well. But I was thinking in addition to that if I can make a mojo that I can use specifically to protect my relationship from his ex trying to break us up, make us fight, create distant etc....

I have the following: (which should I use?)
- Male/Female Lodestone
- Adam & Eve root (ordered from Madam pamita's site, LM didn't have any available at the time.
- Balm of Gilead roots
- magnents

Also, can I put the following herbs inside the bag for protection:
Devil's shoe string?
mistletoe
marjoram
Mint (it says it protects from being crossed)

Any other herbs that you recommend?

Also, what color flannel bag should I use? Not sure if white, red, etc...

Thanks,
Eva

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:04 pm

Hello, EvaLuna. If the lodestones are small enough (and baptized and named for the two of you), you could include those in the bag, so the two of you are always "pulled" toward each other. I'd also write out a petition paper with your names and a prayer for your love to be protected, and take hairs from both of you, put them in the center of the paper, and fold the paper *toward* you until it's small, praying for the two of your bond to be strong and unbreakable.

If there has been discord between the two of you, the Balm of Gilead (by the way, Balm of Gilead isn't a root, it's a bud from a poplar tree) would be a good addition, to soothe raw feelings. The Adam and Eve roots would be a good addition to the bag too. You could use a red or white flannel bag for this mojo, although red is the most traditional for mojo bags.

As for the protection herbs, I think you've made some good choices. If you have questions about choosing herbs, it's good to refer to a book like "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" by catherine yronwode as a reference guide: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html

Also, check these links out:

Page from "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" by cat yronwode about mojo bags: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojo.html

Mojo bags available for purchase from Lucky Mojo: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.html

Forum thread about mojo bags: mojo-bag-conjure-hand-toby-gri-gri-ques ... t9261.html

For my last suggestion, I'll say this: Protecting your relationship is all well and good, but if you have a serious meddler on your hands, you might want to consider hot footing her to get her out of the picture, or working a freezer spell on her, to freeze her out of your life:

http://www.luckymojo.com/hotfoot.html

http://www.luckymojo.com/freezer.html

Good luck to you.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

EvaLuna

Unread post by EvaLuna » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:17 am

Thank you Sisterjean for you reply and suggestions.

I am having a mirror box done by one of the AIRR readers who specializes in this. I've put up enough with this woman the last 2 years and it's time to handle her. While that is being done, I am going to the the mojo bag.

Quick question: how do I baptize the lodestones? Do I need personal concern like fluids to name them? What prayer or incantation etc do I do for baptism?

Thank you so much,

warmly,
Eva

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:20 pm

Hi EvaLuna,

To baptize your lodestones, you could make the sign of the cross over them individually and say "I baptize you (John Doe). In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Trinity, you are (John Doe)." Or words to that effect. You can use holy water or holy oil to do this, or either whisky or Hoyt's cologne, which are traditional ways to consecrate lodestones.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC #1909G

The Perfect Hologram

Asking for help with protection spell and/or mojo bags

Unread post by The Perfect Hologram » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:50 am

Hello Lucky Mojo forum.
Before I get to the spell and mojo bags, I have a question regarding a witches bottle. I am new to much of what is discussed here at Lucky Mojo. I have minimal experience with magical herbs, medicinal herbs, ( kitchen witchery ) and spell casting by a witch who was a friend of mine. We had a falling out after a minor dust-up with a third friend. Since then our relationship has been adversarial. Recently she asked to come over and borrow something from me. When it was returned I found a small plastic bottle inside a bag that did not belong there. There was liquid inside. I know very little about witches bottles, and I'm wondering how I would know if this was one, and what to do with it or about it?

My question regarding protection spells and mojo bags is how to fix one especially for protection from witch enemies and violence/sabatoge from witch enemies. I carry a mojo bag with me at all times. Lately I feel the need for more influence. Can you advise? Also, I've made bags for my 14 year old daughter and my partner. I'd like to ask the same on their behalf.

Can you advise regarding a protection spell for our home, our property, and our vehicles? We live in a rural area and have recently suffered a spate of vandalism on one of my cars ( a Jeep Wrangler - very expensive to repair ) as well as trespassing by an unknown female who was captured on one of my security trail cams.

Thank you for your help.

TPH
What cannot be said will be wept - Sappho

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:28 pm

Hello, The Perfect Hologram ,

There is no way that we can tell you what that liquid is. You may want to confront her and ask. That's weird that she would do that.

I hope you haven't opened it. Just bury it a cemetery or throw it in running water such as a river or a sewer.

After disposing it, Wash yourself with:

13 herb bath: www.herb-magic.com/13herb-bath-13.html

Use uncrossing incense and other products to cleanse your abode.

All you r other answers are on this page. Please read the posts on this page.

After reading, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask

Take care

The Perfect Hologram

Unread post by The Perfect Hologram » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:38 am

Miss Aida,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my questions, and even more so, thank you for taking the time to move my post to it's correct spot in the forum and your kind reminders of the rules of posting. Hopefully I'll require less moderation as I go.

Re my shady "friend", I disposed of the bottle and I confronted her. She was mighty offended that I questioned her and she denied any malevolence in her actions. All the same, I've smoked/smudged my home, my vehicles, my child, my partner and myself and performed all of my little rituals that make us feel safe. Most of all I've just avoided her and her ill vibes and what do you know, my world is a considerably lighter, friendlier, kindly familiar place. I intend to keep it that way.
A few months ago I bought catherine yronwode's book "Hoodoo, Herb and Root Magic" and I've enjoyed it immensely. I visit this forum hoping to engage with others who like to talk and share knowledge as much as I do. I'm very eager to learn as much as I can, so thanks again for your help.

Best,

TPH
What cannot be said will be wept - Sappho

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:55 am

Hello The Perfect Hologram,

Sounds like you did some excellent work at taking care of yourself after this strange incident. I'd also recommend keeping protection up on your family and home and periodically renewing it. You can find lots of protection spells here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/protectionspells.html

Take care.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

Lucky Mojo Hoodoo, Conjure, Training Workshops

Return to “Mojo Hands, Conjure Bags, Jack Balls, and Doll Babies in Hoodoo”