Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Jack Ball Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo conjure hands, mojo bags, nation sacks, trick bags, tobies, jomos, spell packets, Jack balls, and dolls.
Bill

Jack Ball Questions and Answers

Unread post by Bill » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:18 pm

Hello all,

I have an old Jack ball mojo that I just fed for the first time in like six months. Can I still expect this mojo to work or is it most likely dead?

Lukianos

Re: Jack Ball Questions and Answers

Unread post by Lukianos » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:05 pm

Hi Bill,

How does the jack ball feel after being fed (does it seem alive? energetic? responsive? Listless? Dead?)? After feeding, does it function well as a pendulum (or not)? If the jack ball has not been actively working during the past 6 months, it may simply be dormant, and regular attention (and whiskey/cologne) may wake it back up.

theusurper
Forum Member

Unread post by theusurper » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:43 am

i have my jack ball , but i feed with urine when i need it, it is right?

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:49 am

Feeding bags with urine is certainly traditional as well, though I have heard of it mostly with gambling hands.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:03 am

Urine is fine, but I would put some whiskey with it too.

Mary

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:13 am

Urine is a traditional way to feed Jack Balls. Whiskey is too. You do not need to mix them.

They should be fed at least once a week. For more information on Jack Balls, you might want to read this historical account by Mary Alicia Owen, at Southern-Spirits.com:

http://www.southern-spirits.com/owen-ho ... balls.html

I am splitting this thread now, as questions about Jack Balls are not the same as questions about Mojo Hands.
catherine yronwode

Bill

Unread post by Bill » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:44 am

Thanks to cat and all others who helped answer my question and then some.
Bill

kreatre2002

Unread post by kreatre2002 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:18 pm

This is probably a silly question, but I have to ask. I just received a jack ball from Lucky Mojo, yaaah!, and I am not certain I understand a piece of the instructions. When they say (last paragraph) swing it in circles, either toward you or away and yet in circles I am trying to get a visual of exactly what is being described. I am familiar with how to use a pendulum and that is not what is being described. In the last paragraph on the instructions they are describing how to "activate" wishes or send away jinxes/negativity, using the near and far swinging respectively. When I think "swing toward" I assume they mean in circles held near the body. By "swing away" I assume they mean in circles held as far away from the body as possible as if creating an invisible barrier around yourself with the jack ball defending the space. Am I getting this right? Please let me know if I have misunderstood. I would also really like to know more about the uses for the jack ball and the tradition surrounding it as well. I appreciate your help !!

Many Blessings,
Carl

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:55 pm

I work with my jack ball as a pendulum. I keep my jack ball on me at all times. I swing my jack ball away from me widely for protection (get rid of the nasties) and swing it towards me closely to bring blessings. You get the wide angle by holding the jack ball high on its string for a wider circle and holding it lower on the string for a closer circle.

Hope that helps.

Mary

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:23 am

what does your jack ball look like? Does anyone have pictures or links to pictures of jack balls? I am intrigued and would like to know more.

thanks

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:06 am

meyoufools wrote:what does your jack ball look like? Does anyone have pictures or links to pictures of jack balls? I am intrigued and would like to know more.

thanks

Well I can't speak for everyone but I, And I think most people. treat their jack ball like a mojo so you won't see people posting pictures of theirs.
Mine looks like a small ball made of wound thread. It has a length of thread coming off of it so I can use it as a pendulum. If your interested in having one but lack the knowledge to make one your self LuckyMojo can make one for you.

kreatre2002

Unread post by kreatre2002 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:47 pm

Thanks Mary!
;o)
Carl

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:27 pm

Yes, just to second what Turnsteel said, a Jack ball is something that you keep hid. I sure wouldn't put a picture of mine on the internet! :-)
catherine yronwode

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:42 pm

Thanks.

is it worn like a necklace with the string coming out or is it carried like a mojo hand?

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:55 pm

meyoufools wrote:Thanks.

is it worn like a necklace with the string coming out or is it carried like a mojo hand?

Well, I can not speak for anyone but me but mine stays in a small bag in my pocket when I'm not using it as a pendulum.

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri May 15, 2009 7:38 pm

Hi everyone. First I have to say I love Jack Balls, they are, pardon the pun, hands down my favorite form of mojo. I have kinda a collection going and would love to get one from LuckyMojo. I know that I need to send in a sample of my own hair and was wondering how much you would like for me to send and how I should send it, would a small Ziploc bag be OK? Also, I know that everything from LuckyMojo is hand made and prayed over, but does a Jack Ball take a longer amount of time to prepare or is it about the same as a standard hand?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri May 15, 2009 10:52 pm

When we make your Jack, any amount of hair will do. We also need a sample of your name written in your own handwriting, preferably on a piece of brown paper bag paper. Put both items in a small ziplock back. We will get to your Jack ball as soon as we can. It may take a couple of weeks, as we are swamped with regular, non-custom orders. I think you will be pleased with the result.
catherine yronwode

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat May 16, 2009 5:21 am

Awesome, can't wait to place my order.

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Sat May 16, 2009 3:51 pm

I'm really interested too. I looked up the info on the LM site and there was a little bit but I couldn't find the usual in depth article on the jack ball like on most other items. I wonder if you could explain how it is used (besides being the pendulum) in rituals for mastery over situations etc... How is it handled, are there special rituals that go along with it?

Thanks,
-kel

By the way, I just got my hand and spell kit and must say it was well worth the wait. I anticipated it so it felt like forever(actually a month and a half) but this is the real deal and I'm really pleased with the lucky mojo product.

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat May 16, 2009 4:30 pm

Well to work the jack to bring things to you swing it in an ellipse towards you to draw in luck and power. I have ones made for protection with some of them came instructions to swing it in a circle around what needed protection. Their are also jack balls with out strings, they are usually just carried on someone in a bag.Their are also Jacks made to cross someone and those are usual left in the targets house or yard or where they'll walk over it. A Jack Ball is a style of hand and can be made for all kinds of purposes, as far as I know, tho I most often find ones made for power in the same vain as the Three Johns Roots Jack Ball LuckyMojo makes, but that's just in my experiences as a collector.

oracle

Unread post by oracle » Fri May 29, 2009 8:31 am

Can the 3 john roots jackball be carried by women? I've read somewhere that only men can carry it. If this is for men only, is there anything similar to this that can be carried by women?

Is it possible to make a custom had which is a combination of three john roots jack ball, nation sack, and lucky13 and few other mojo hands for studies and health together? How would this work if only one dressing oil can be chosen?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri May 29, 2009 8:56 am

The word "only" is not a word that i use. If you read that "somewhere," it was probably not at the Lucky Mojo site. Since the Three John's Jack Ball is my own creation and adaptation of a type of Jack ball i first bought for myself back in the 1960s, and i am a woman, i would say that whether you want one and will use it depends on how tough a grrrrl you are, honey. Some chicklets would not wish to carry this -- but most adventuraous women i know will and do so.

cat yronwode
catherine yronwode

oracle

Unread post by oracle » Fri May 29, 2009 9:08 am

hi cat! yes i have read that from other site, so i just needed some clarification thats all.
sounds like this jack ball mojo hand is really wild! i certainly am adventurous, but can you tell me what kind things this jack ball might get me up to?

and is it possible to combine jackball and nation sack and lucky 13 all together as a custom mojohand?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri May 29, 2009 9:23 am

You know, i really hate it when folks take my work and tell people how i intended it for use. Idiots. Oh well. The Jack contains three John roots, of which one, John the Conquer, is identified as a "male" root -- although many women carry this root for luck and to attract men. The Jack is a personal item -- your spiritual essence is in it. You can use it for divination as well as for power, and if you gave it to someone else, they could use it to divine your state of life or health.

You cannot physically combine a Jack with a mojo. A Jack is a ball and a mojo is a set of loose ingredients in a bag. As far as combining the two mojos in one bag, that could be physically accomplished, but would be danged pointless bcause Lucky 13 is a particular combination of 13 herbs and roots and a Nation Sack is a different combination of herbs and roots, plus a string to tie a man's nature. Each has its own purpose and form. Asking the way you did would be like going into a fine restaurant and asking the chef, "Can i have a Roast Leg of Lamb in my Chocolate Mousse and would you top it with the Chicken Parmigiano, please?" :-)
catherine yronwode

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Fri May 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi, Cat. When ordering a Jack Ball from LM the site states that a sample of hair is needed. How does one go about this, like i mean do we send you the hair in a bag with our name on it and then when someone at LM gets it they have to search for orders of Jack balls? or is it better to send the order with the hair and a check so there is no confusion as to who is ordering? Also how much hair is required and what length should the strands be?

BTW, the triple strength mojo I ordered from you is fiercely powerful! It just blows my mind how effective it is!

Thanks
-kel

oracle

Unread post by oracle » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:51 am

Is there such thing as a triple strength three john roots jackball?

Chagrinedgirl
Forum Member

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:46 pm

Does it matter what color ink we write our name in?
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:40 pm

Chagrinedgirl wrote:Does it matter what color ink we write our name in?

I would actually recommend using a pencil with out an eraser, pencil doesn't run you see. But if you feel like using a pen black ink might be good as black has always had an air of power about it to me. Your mileage may very.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:50 pm

There is only one Jack ball -- it is far stronger than any triple-strength mojo, takes longer to make, costs more, and is the most intensely personalized charm of its type that money can buy. If you come to the shop to have yours made, we will add an extra step to the working that will give it even more oomph -- but as it is, for working via mail-order, this is the top of the line.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:54 pm

Kel asked: "When ordering a Jack Ball from LM the site states that a sample of hair is needed. How does one go about this, like i mean do we send you the hair in a bag with our name on it and then when someone at LM gets it they have to search for orders of Jack balls? or is it better to send the order with the hair and a check so there is no confusion as to who is ordering? Also how much hair is required and what length should the strands be?"

When you order online, just put a note in the order comments field that "hair and name sample were mailed on [date]" and we will hold the order until they arrive.

The hair can be any lenth and from any part of the body. I prefer a single hair plucked by the roots to a big ol' batch of barbershop clippings, but we'll work it either way.
catherine yronwode

Chagrinedgirl
Forum Member

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:16 pm

Thank you again, HD, I hadn't thought about the ink running.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...

twodogs

Unread post by twodogs » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:44 pm

LOL, Oh my gosh, not only is this whole forum so informative, its a riot!

From Hail Dischordia's "your mileage may vary" reference to ink pens, to Cats wild woman creations and life experiences, this forum brings a smile to my lips and a chuckle every day!

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:49 pm

I was thinking to make the loop of string that my jack ball hangs on longer so...

Would it be okay to undo the knot in the length of string that my jack ball hangs from to add more string to it? Or would this be considered bad for the ball?

Thanks

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:07 pm

loveliesbleeding wrote:I was thinking to make the loop of string that my jack ball hangs on longer so...
Would it be okay to undo the knot in the length of string that my jack ball hangs from to add more string to it? Or would this be considered bad for the ball?s

You can add string to it if you feel the need to.

Mary

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:46 pm

mojoman

Unread post by mojoman » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:54 pm

Just wondering if Love Me or Die Jack Ball is a spell that is only done for men or can it be done for women also?

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:18 pm

So far all the instructions I have seen to make the love me or die jack ball are for women to use on men. But I think if you contacted a rootworker personally and justified your request they could make one for a man to use on a woman.

oracle

Unread post by oracle » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:11 am

Hello

I have just received my jackball 2 weeks ago. I just need to clarify a few things on the instruction.

If the bag has to be tied up closed after breathing into, do we then have to open it up and take the jackball out again to get our desires ? I thought that the mojobag was not meant to be open after it has been closed.

I know that the bag need to be fed once a week, but does this include feeding the ball by anointing it with oil as well? Is it ok if i miss feeding it 1 wek?

I haven't seen any major changes or movements for my wishes yet, perhaps I need to give it some extra time.

Thank you

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:53 am

bellesky wrote: If the bag has to be tied up closed after breathing into, do we then have to open it up and take the jackball out again to get our desires ?
Of course, how else would you get to the jack to work it?

bellesky wrote: I know that the bag need to be fed once a week, but does this include feeding the ball by anointing it with oil as well?
Yes
bellesky wrote:Is it ok if i miss feeding it 1 wek?
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you meant "week"no its not ok, you have to be feeding and working it regularly.

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:38 pm

Jack ball dressing is traditionally urine or nature oil...

What do you think of using a drop of blood or semen to feed the jack ball for sexual purposes?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:14 am

Who told you that jack balls are traditionally dressed with urine or Nature Oil?

The most traditional dressing always has been whiskey. See this Southern Spirits web page:

http://www.southern-spirits.com/owen-ho ... balls.html

We cannot ship alcohol across state lines, so we send out a dram vial of Nature oil with the jack balls we make.

Dressing your jack ball with semen or urine or blood would result in a very stinky jack ball in short order. And why, exactly, would you want to use it "for sexual purposes"?
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 am

One for a man to use on a woman would have to be made with a "female" root at the center that had been carved to look "male" i would guess -- but that carries entirely different implications than a male root being carved to look female. It's not the same thing at all.
catherine yronwode

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:03 am

Oops...guess I was mistaken... I think I was thinking of what I read for a love me or die jack ball.

Sorry if I offended you with my questions... I'm new to all this and still trying to learn.

Thanks for link to the info page.

Loved
Forum Member

Unread post by Loved » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:15 am

With the love me or die jack ball spell, would the person who is getting sick actually know or feel strongly that they need to go back to loving the other person in order to get well...or do they just get sick and the person seeking their love wins their heart by nursing them back to health?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:42 pm

Now, miss cat can correct me if I am wrong since this spell was related to her by an associate, but from my own conjure studies in how conjures like this work the whole point of the spell is that you are creating a bond between yourself and them (hence your hair, their hair, and love powder/other love creating conjure). When the person rejects or resists the attraction/bond that is created then they fall sick which weakens their resistence and so they seek comfort and respite from you. However as an added bonus you can seal the deal by literally nursing them back to health since there is powerful psychological bonds that are created between a victim and their "rescuer."
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

thegoldman

Unread post by thegoldman » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:24 pm

"With this spell, would the person who is getting sick actually know or feel strongly that they need to go back to loving the other person in order to get well...or do they just get sick and the person seeking their love wins their heart by nursing them back to health?"

I'd like to know the answer to this question, too. Also, is this spell appropriate when the two people involved are separated by physical distance? Meaning, I'll come home when he's fallen ill, but he doesn't currently live in the same state as I do.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:29 pm

Well if he dies because he absolutely refuses to take you back or fall in love with you, then where will you be? This spell is probably a last resort, but why would you want to kill the person you love.

To answer the question of distance, how is he going to be given the opportunity to come back with any spell if you and him to do not live in considerable distance. In other words this spell should not be used that as he is going to die especially if he is not willing or does not have the means to be in the same distance as you. If you want him that bad, then move back and then do the spell.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Loved
Forum Member

Unread post by Loved » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:51 am

I don't really want to do this one, but I am curious as to how it works. I sort of have the same question for the Intranquil Spirit spell. Does the target know the cure is to return to the person?
Maybe I'm over thinking things...

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:26 am

I dont see what difference it makes if they know or they dont know. As long as they come back, then thats all that matters. I am sure your question has already been answered. Please search the forum there are many threads on the IS already.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:00 am

PlainJane wrote:I don't really want to do this one, but I am curious as to how it works. I sort of have the same question for the Intranquil Spirit spell. Does the target know the cure is to return to the person?
Maybe I'm over thinking things...
Concerning the Intraqnuility Spell, yes its implicit that they will be tormented until they return to you, they know on some level that you are the focus of it.

theusurper
Forum Member

Unread post by theusurper » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:36 pm

i have a johnn the conquer root but i used for one spell tha never was realized. can i wash it with florida water and whisky to use it in another spell?

cabriellenil

Unread post by cabriellenil » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:58 pm

No, you don't reuse herbs/roots for one spell in another one.

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:30 pm

cabriellenil wrote:No, you don't reuse herbs/roots for one spell in another one.
Well, your right, and wrong. There are times when you can cleans a hard root or curio like a High John root or a Lodestone and set it to another task. However usually you would take the curio and set it into a spell of a similar nature, taking a High John root that was used for empowerment or any of the good and wonderful things High John can do, and then trying to use it in a spell like this one? ah, I don't think so. Always check with a divination.

dream

Unread post by dream » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:24 am

hi can someone plz tell me if i can use the hairs from his eyebrows instead of the hairs from his head in the love me or die jackball spell? coz i dont have hairs from his head as he shaves his head. thanks.

kmew1315
Forum Member

Unread post by kmew1315 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:40 am

For various reasons, I don't think I'd be doing this spell, but I have to ask - can this be used on a woman instead of a man?
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:39 am

kmew1315 wrote:For various reasons, I don't think I'd be doing this spell, but I have to ask - can this be used on a woman instead of a man?
The concept is sound, but I wouldn't use a High John root.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:50 pm

High John the C root would probably be replaced with Queen Elizabeth root, I believe. But I've never tried this spell, so this is pure speculation.

StExpedite

Unread post by StExpedite » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:28 am

When does person need to wash with hyssop? After the making the Jack ball? It is not just spell, which has been done and put away. You still need to work with that. How to dispose?

LaSirena

Unread post by LaSirena » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:20 pm

"I recommend that anyone who undertakes making such a "Love Me or Die" hand should be prepared to properly dispose of it if it is successful, or you may always have a sickly man on your hands."

Hi everyone :)
What is the proper disposal for this hand? I don't think I've seen it on the links. Thanks !

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:54 pm

You'd want to dismantle the work. Unwrapping, and dismantling, washing out the root with whiskey or Florida Water.

You may also bury it in your backyard to keep your victim close to you, but doing so will most likely keep that person sickly and ill.

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Mojo Hands, Conjure Bags, Jack Balls, and Doll Babies in Hoodoo”