• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo, Conjure, Training Workshops

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:28 pm

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo prepared or pre-made spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Unread postby lmlvr » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:52 pm

hello there,

i am a faithful honey jar spell caster. -- i am still a intermediate spell worker btw.. ;)

• i have heard that a honey jar spell takes longer to manifest but once it starts working, it takes a powerful effect, but is this correct...?

• the Lucky Mojo mini honey kit comes in a jar just a little bigger than the size of baby food jar, and i was wondering if it needs to be larger -- that is, will it be just as strong as a bigger jar with honey if the intention is strong?

• how should i dispose of a old honey jar that i decided not to use any longer? do i bury it in the ground?

Please advise me, thank you :)
lmlvr

Re: Working With and Disposing of Honey Jars

Unread postby Miss Bri » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:18 pm

Hi,

Honey jars can have a powerful affect. I like to think of them as the endurance runners of hoodoo. They are appropriate for long term work, long term projects, they work gradually but when done correctly I have seen them work very consistently as well.

There are a number of ways to deploy one's honey jar or to dispose of it. Check out this page from cat's "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" to get some ideas about the different methods of disposal and deployment:
http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

This page has more on honey jars generally:
http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

And here is where to order the honey jars:
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatspells.html#honeyjar

The size of your jar is not as important as you may think. The idea is to cover the petition, doll, or other item in sweetness, and since most petitions and bottle-spell dolls are small, there is no need for a large jar of sugar or honey. However, if you are working on a bunch of people, or you know that the jar you are starting may really exapnd then,or if you intend to use the sugar or honey in cooking and want to have an extra amount for that purpose, it's a good idea to start with a larger jar. Since most people do this sort of work on one or two individuals, a small jar is fine.

Good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby lmlvr » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:38 pm

Thank you so much Bri, for your advice.
I really am glad to find out there is a new forum section on this site. (thank you Lucky Mojo!)

It made me feel hopeful and glad that you stated Honey Jar spell is indeed very effective.
For a second, I was starting to l doubt if this was gonna work.

One time, my previous jar caught on fire onto my tablecloth when I fell asleep for a moment. I added too much herbs on the lid of the jar so that's what happened.

But, I know it must have symbolized something not so good to say the least.

Lastly, I've been out of the 4 inch candles, and have been placing a tea light with no metal container and placing them on top annointed w/oil. I was wondering if that is still ok or not. :geek:

Thank you so much for your kind advice, I appreciate it.

lmlvr :)
lmlvr

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:42 pm

lmlver --

One of the important questions about conjure that gets asked when learning how to do hoodoo is what to think or do if a spell goes wrong or a candle burns badly.

When things catch on fire on your altar, it can be a sign about the work -- and it can also be the result of carelessness with flammable materials. I have never put herbs on top of my honey jars -- normally the herbs would be inside the jar, inside the name-packet, and the candle would be simply dressed with a conjure oil of the appropriate sort. So, please, don't put flammable herbs next to a burning candle.

The same is true for burning tea lights without their metal containers. The wax in tea lights has a fairly low melting point and is designed to melt in the metal container, unlike stand-up candles. Try using birthday candles or some other small vertical (upright) candle, such as Hanukkah or Sabbath candles, that are designed to self-consume utterly and they will not melt all over and make a fire-hazardous mess.

SPL-HON-STAH
Stay at Home, Stay with Me, No Running Around Honey Spell
$18.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Deployment is a way of setting a spell into permanent ongoingness. Disposal (with or without undoing the work) is a way of closing the spell and ritually eliminating the materials used in its construction.

If a sugar or honey jar is to be ongoing, you have several options for deployment. You can leave the jar sealed and bury it, take the lid off the jar and bury it to let Ants carry its magical message it all around the world, empty the contents into a hole in the ground and recycle the glass jar, et cetera.

If the spell is to be concluded, you have several options for disposal. Burning in a fire -- the most common form of spell disposal -- is not suitable to glass jars or chinaware bowls, so the most common way to dispose of a sugar or honey spell is to wash the contents out in a river, the ocean, or other running water, and bring the container home. The glass may be recycled, but if the container is of value to you -- say, for instance, your regular chinawear dinner service sugar bowl or an intact Mason jar used for canning, you would simply put it back into service without any problem.

These and other ways to deploy and dispose of conjure work are described at my free "Hoodoo In Theory and Practice" web page called "Laying Down Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains in the Hoodoo Tradition":

http://luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby lmlvr » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:50 pm

I totally agree Cat, about not putting herbs on the lid anymore. I just get totally carried away and get passionate sometimes, despite there are herbs and lodestones etc. inside, it makes me think if I sprinkle some herbs on top of the jar that it might give it a oomph. haha, yes I am still totally learning...

thank u :)
lmlvr

Unread postby vinavin21 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:58 pm

with the honey jar spell do you continously do it until you see results or do u just burn it that mon, wed, and friday?
vinavin21

Unread postby Lukianos » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:59 pm

Hi,
Frequency of actively working / burning candles on honey jars is often specific to the work at hand:

A court case honey jar (to sweeten the judge and jury, etc) will likely require daily work for at least 9 days before the trial, but may or may not require further work after that (depending on the trial's outcome).

In contrast, a honey jar for love may be initially worked for a specific number of days (3, 7, from new moon to full moon, etc.), perhaps in conjunction with other things, and then maintained with a candle-burn every Friday thereafter.

Other honey jars may be worked entirely on an as-needed basis.

Did you have a specific situation in mind?
Peace be with you,
Lukianos
Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Unread postby vinavin21 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:12 pm

i was going to do one for love, because Im not for sure which one would be better laying down sachet powders or the honey spell. I did post in sachet powder also.
vinavin21

Unread postby Lukianos » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:20 pm

Hello--
Combining a honey jar for love with other love-workings is quite reasonable, especially in conjunction with a paired lodestone working, as described in the Lucky Mojo Free Spell archive:
http://www.luckymojo.com/lovespells.htm ... oneattract
...And as described by cat in her recent Mona Magick podcast interview.
[The honey jar candle would be used in place of the offeratory or figural candle, as the top point of the triangle defined by the 2 separated loadstones and the candle.]
Regardless of whether you do the paired lodestone work in conjunction with the jar, I would suggest working daily with the honey jar for a multiple of 7 days (one candle per day for 7, 14, or 21 days), together with focus on your desire and appropriate readings--the Song of Solomon is favored for love. After the initial intensive work, maintain the jar with candle-burns either once per week (probably on Friday) or 3 times a week, if needed.
Lukianos

Honey Jar With Special Color-Coded Ingredient

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:00 pm

This is a typical honey jar with something a little extra that many of you will giggle at. :) A little background on why i used this first. There was a guy that had caught my eye but he didn't seem to notice me , or anything for that matter, very self absorbed. I thought i would make a honey jar to 1, get him to notice me and 2, to think sweetly of me. So i got a small jar of honey, a red candle, one of his hairs, one of mine, a bottle of Look me over oil ,Fast Luck and one of Lavender Love Drops, I made a name paper tied the hairs together, you know the usual for a honey jar, then an idea hit me right out of left field. Pixy Sticks. Think about it, color coded sticks of whats basically colored sugar what could be better for a honey jar. I had some laying around, mostly because I'm a little addicted to them lol, and decided to use 5 red ones. Three got mixed into the honey and two were pored on the top after the paper was added to seal it up. I put the lid on, dressed the candle with the oils burned it and with in a week i had bedded the boy. :lol: Its definitely not "old school" but it sure worked well for me so i thought I'd share it here, i figure at the very least someone may get a laugh out of it lol. Have fun
Turnsteel

Re: Honey Jar With Special Color-Coded Ingredient

Unread postby EcleckticMama » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:23 pm

Hey, cool. Congrats on the spell success.

I am not laughing. Your Pixy Sticks sugar idea is not all that different from an idea I have for a love potion I am making up for my mate and I. I chose 9 edible herbs and spices for love and passion (based on the Love Potion #9 idea in Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic) to infuse some olive oil. I want it to taste good ;-) so if I need to, I was thinking I would dissolve some Red Hots cinnamon candies in some of it. It's already got cinnamon in it and it's a beautiful scent and the saffron I have in it is making it a beautiful orange-red. I figure that the Red Hots will be a nice fall-back if I want to punch up the cinnamon if the infusion doesn't have a lot of flavor.
EcleckticMama

Unread postby Sharona22 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:19 pm

I am very new to all this, never heard of honey jar. I have used this site only a few times and have learned so much. thanks so much for this forum. i can not believe how much i like it and need it.
Sharona22

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:26 pm

You are very welcome.

It takes a lot of volunteers and tech support to run this forum, and i feel blessed that Lucky Mojo has enough friends to help us do the work. In the weeks to come, some of the volunteers who are graduates of my course and who have been posting the most helpful responses here will be promoted to the status of board moderators, for which they will receive Lucky Mojo shop gift certificates at the end of each month.

In the meantime, please read about sugar jars and honey jars here in my online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice: for details you will need to learn regarding apples, onions, house plants, and candles as employed in these spells.

HONEY JAR MAGIC SPELLS TO SWEETEN PEOPLE
http://luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

SPL-HON-INFL
Influence Another's Mind for Any Good Purpose Honey Spell
$18.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Literarylioness » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:24 pm

My favorite type of honey jar container are those jars that come from sample perserves. They are small, but have round metal tops on them.

I actually do not use honey in my personal honey jars, but blackstrap molasses. I hate honey, so I chose another sweetner. I also like to burn birthday candles on my honey jars, because they burn faster and you can dip them directly into the dressing oil bottles.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby Zola Kathryn » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:30 pm

literarylioness

Hey, that's a good idea! Dunno why I hadn't thought of that before! :lol:
In Service,
Miz Zola
HRCC Graduate #1176G
Zola Kathryn
Forum Moderator

Unread postby bubba » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:58 pm

##

Hi folks

I have some additional questions in regards to honey jar spell...

a) Could I or should i add my and my partners picture's inside and if so in which manner?

b) I have 1 or 2 of his hair strands which i have tied with some hair of mine with a red ribbon; shall i use that instead of hers or do i have to add herbs?

c) Shall i just work the spell on waxing moon only,or can it be worked during a waning moon?

d) With all that wax dripping on the jar, where do i dispose of that wax every time?

e) After the jar is already loaded with our names, personal items, and optional herbs, do i dress the candles on top for burning for different purposes, and if so, which oils should i use, for love, selecting from among compound such as Come To Me Oil, Love Me Oil, and Essence of Bend-Over Oil?

f) And very finally :) what are the best tried and done honey jar spells one has done and been really impressed with the results?

Thank u so much bless u all
bubba

Unread postby J Simulcik » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:34 pm

bubba,

a) You have a choice: You can place the names and personal concerns of the two of you together in the jar or you can work it by only adding the name and personal concerns of the person you are working on. Most people would use the latter method, especially in sugar or honey spells that are not specifically for love -- for instance in a job-getting sweet spell. In either case, put the personal concerns, herbs, etc. in the picture and fold it toward you like you would a name paper.

b) Use everything you have. Personal concerns are stronger than a mere name written on paper, a picture can help you focus, and folding herbs, roots, minerals, or zoological items into a name or photo packet adds the powerful spiritual alliance of those curios.

c) Waxing and waning moons doesn't matter to everyone, and there are other ways to time a spell, including moon signs,time of day, and according to astrological transits, but if timing your spells by the moon's phases is your traditional way of working, then you may indeed alter your intent according to the phase of the moon, for instance, increasing affection, kindness, and sweetness as the moon grows and decreasing anger, coldness, and distance as the moon decreases in size. It is also just as common to start a spell on a moon phase that accords with your intention (waxing or waning) and to consider that the start of the spell sets the tone for the whole spell, no matter how long it runs. For more information, see the several threads on timing by the moon's phases, moon's signs, eclipses, retrogrades, time of day, and other considerations.

d) As long as you're working the same jar, let the wax build up and melt off naturally, and you can read divination signs from it as well. Then you can dispose of it all together at the end. This is one good reason to use bandanas as altar cloths: They can be used to wrap and tie up spells when they're done.

e) Absolutely you can dress the candles. The love oils you mentioned are fine, but Essence of Bend-Over is not the sweetest of intentions and may only be appropriate for a honey jar is it is blended with more kindly-intentioned oils.

f) Though impressive results are possible, many people report that honey jars are more of a gentle nudging sort of work for them, a base upon which to build other spells, a constant background or helper to other spells, and a tried and true standby for any kind of work where the target is in need of sweetening.

Good luck!
J Simulcik

Unread postby Literarylioness » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:20 pm

bubba

I have an all-purpose honey jar, in my case molasses, where I wrote an intention for all good to come my way. I have a strand of my hair (with root) in it, the herbs that work best for me, and my picture under it. I burn all my candles on it. It is actually laden with candle wax, because it is quite old.

I use honey jars for whatever I need, especially in regard to court cases, getting positions, and love.

Honey jars are my favorite.

Mary
Literarylioness

Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Unread postby Angel09 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:53 am

I am in a daze right now. This morning my honey jar caught on fire. I have been lighting it since August, and have never had this happen. Fire was spewing from the canister where I keep the honey jar, I tried to put it out and the flames ignited and caught some of my hair on fire in the front. I was in total shock. Also this morning, my son became mysteriously ill. He has been vomiting all morning. I know the guy that I am lighting the honey jar for has a woman that has been trying to get him to come back to her. I have been dating this guy for over 5 years. I am now very fearful, but more so for my son. I feel I need some protection. What shall I do? Do I continue with the Honey Jar's risking further turmoil in our life? HELP!!

Thanks,

Angel09
Angel09

Re: Help My Honey Jar Caught on Fire!

Unread postby Lara » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:32 am

Hello Angel,

First off take a deep breath and realise that this could be for completely mundane reasons. Sometimes when we are working with fire, things go wrong. It does not always mean there is something magical going on.

However as a precaution, you need to start Uncrossing baths immediately, and clean down the house. The items you'll need from Lucky Mojo are listed below. Because of the urgent nature of the work, I have offered you some household solutions you can use until your items arrive (under 'In a Pinch').

1. Bathe for at Least 3 Days at Dawn, using:
    13-Herb-13-Day Uncrossing Bath
    or Uncrossing Bath Crystals (one package for two days of baths)
    or Rue herb made into a bath-tea
    or Black Hen Soap
Baths are better then soaps, and herbal teas are a bit inconvenient to prepare,but its good to have them on hand for situations like this. I keep a bar in my shower at all times.

In a Pinch, use:
    1/2 cup of table salt,
    1/2 cup of epsom salts, and
    1/2 cup of strong black coffee.

2. Cleanse the House and the Area, using:
    Chinese Wash, diluted in warm water, to which you have added a few drop of
    Hoyt's Cologne and/or
    Peace Water and/or
    Florida Water Cologne.

In a Pinch
The above bath will also work as a cleaner, but you can use most commercial lemon-scented cleaners, such as:
    Lemon-Fresh Pinesol,
    Lemon-Scented Ammonia,
    Lemon-scented detergent to which you have added actual Lemon juice.
While commercial products may not have any specific magical properties, in a pinch the strong lemon scent does seem to clear away negative energy.

3. Set Lights
    Fiery Wall of Protection Vigil Candle,
    or a White Cross Candle (the vigils burn longer),
    or the Fiery Wall of Protection Spell Kit,
    or the Uncrossing Spell Kit (a great value; it contains almost all of the things listed above.)
I strongly recommend to my clients to have an Uncrossing kit on hand at all times for situations like this.

This is the list of items in the Uncrossing Spell Kit:
    • 7 white candles
    • Uncrossing Powder
    • Uncrossing Incense
    • Uncrossing Mineral Crystals with Hyssop Herb
    • 13 Herb Spiritual Bath
    • Chinese Wash
    • Devil's Shoe Strings Curio
    • Uncrossing Mojo Bag fixed with metal Skull charm and Uncrossing Oil
    • Complete instructions for use
In a Pinch
Dress white lights with Olive Oil and say the 91st Psalm over them.

Generally:
Lucky Mojo's products are superior to the "In a Pinch" solutions that I've offered you above. However, I know that when feeling upset about this situation (as I have felt upon occasion), it really helps to be able to do something right away.

As for your son:
Take him to the doctor, forget any magical attacks at this time, and deal with the illness with a professional medical doctor.

Regarding the Honey Jar: My gut tells me it is time to stop this honey jar and start a new one, but I'll leave that matter to some of the others who might have additional advice for you.

Good Luck,
Lara
Lara

Unread postby Angel09 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:40 am

Thanks, Lara for putting this all in perspective for me. I will act accordingly. I do however have a fiery wall of protection candle burning on the altar already. Thanks again for the advice.

Kim
Angel09

Unread postby J Simulcik » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:51 am

I second everything in Lara's very good and very quick response. First cleanse yourself, your son (if he is well enough and willing), and your home. Make sure your son is checked out by a doctor. Do protection work if you feel it is warrented, and some form of divination to feel the situation out.

My opinion on the honey jar is that sometimes things go wrong with fire like Lara said, but all of this happening at once may be a reaction to some sort of obstruction. It may not be a continuous thing, either, but just a quick stutter. Start another one, and supplement it with any other work the results of your divination suggest.

I wouldn't worry just yet, your alertness may be enough. Good luck, and I hope all is well.
J Simulcik

Unread postby Angel09 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:06 am

Thanks J for your response as well. I am a novice to work. I don't think I am strong enough to do it by myself, but I will start the cleansings ASAP.
Angel09

Unread postby Turnsteel » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:29 pm

Angel09

Oh, honey don't worry about being strong enough, we always have strength enough to protect and help ourselves and our loved ones :).
Turnsteel

Unread postby msg33 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:36 pm

I noticed this was happening to the candle (first time I've seen it happening)..so is this a sign of something? I never seen two flames on one wick like this one (its only happened to me twice)
msg33

Unread postby EcleckticMama » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:50 pm

Without knowing anything about the situation but that it's a red candle (love/passion) on a honey jar, my first thought is that whoever you are sweetening is being drawn/attracted to you; that the jar is working. Do you have any confirmation that this is true?
EcleckticMama

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:46 pm

I like the twin flame effect. Depending on how your petition was worded, it could be a good love sign.

Catching your hair on fire, however, is a bad sign, indicating inattentiveness or carelessness in a spiritual sense as well as on the mundane level.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Malefic » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:48 pm

Honey jars that have been worked a long time become more inclined to catch on fire (they wind up with a lot of wax and wick/herb debris to use as fuel over the months). So that, I wouldn't think of as anything worrisome. Additionally, that your hair caught on fire probably indicates nothing more than that you shouldn't lean in so close to it, counter-spell or not.

Now, I can tell you I did once work a honey jar where someone worked a counter-spell against it. What happened, was it burned with an unusually large, hot flame -- odd even for a jar that I'd worked for many months and that had ignited many times in the past. What it did, actually, was burn so hot that it charred the person's name-paper inside.

If possible, I might suggest peeking inside the jar to see if the contents look abnormal. If they seem fine then it's probably just a normal wax-and-ash fire. If something's gone strange with the jars contents someone might be working against you.
Malefic

Unread postby J Simulcik » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:24 am

Some very good points, Malefic. Thanks!
J Simulcik

Unread postby msg33 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:18 am

Do you have any confirmation that this is true?

I haven't had contact with the person yet

But I'll be sure to update this post when anything happens

I like the twin flame effect. Depending on how your petition was worded, it could be a good love sign.

That's very encouraging, thanks
msg33

Unread postby Angel09 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:55 am

Malefic, I wasn't leaning over the jar. The jar was in my bathroom sink. The flames were quite unusual and when I tried to put it out, the flames grew extremely larger and became very fierce. The flames were tall enough to reach my hair, luckily I turned my head and it only cuaght the front side, and through grace, my face was not burned. It was very scary, not normal at all. All of the fire alarms were set-off in my home. To be honest I had never seen flames look like those did, not even in my fire place.

Thanks for your response, I will take that into consideration for future uses.
Angel09

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:58 am

I must make a few comments about honey jars and how effective they are. I always burn one birthday candle on my all-purpose honey jar per day and seen some amazing affects. Recently, I have noticed when I do my honey jar another "old friend" from Facebook will find me. I have been on Facebook since its inception and never had this type of traffic. Now it is true everyone is getting on Facebook, but I notice a major difference when I do the honey jar.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby Abraxas » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:44 pm

All purpose honey jar, whose names/titles/relationship 'tags' do you put in that?
Abraxas

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:38 pm

You put in the personal concerns and names of everyone whom you wish to sweeten to you, plus herbs specific to your situation, and fold them into packets. These are placed into the sweetener, one by one, with an appropriate prayer for each name, You then burn an appropriately coloured candle dressed with an appropriate hoodoo oil. You can see our line of Honey Jar Spells and get a feel for the kinds of work they are used for by going to the catalogue page on Spell kits - Honey Jars at

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatspells.html#honeyjar

SPL-HON-LOVE
Love, Romance, Friendship, Sexuality, Fertility Honey Spell
$18.00

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Sweetening Fiance to Unexpected Pregnancy

Unread postby EcleckticMama » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:22 pm

First of all, congratulations!

I would do a variation on the "HONEY JAR SPELL TO GET CHILD SUPPORT FROM A BABY'S DADDY" found at the bottom of this page here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

Variations:

Choose a something for the unborn baby to use instead of the name to cross your names in the name paper. ("Our unborn child" perhaps.) You may want to include the names of all your children in order to make it for the entire family so that the older children are included in the sweetening as well.

As you are not worried about support at this time, you may choose to leave out the dollar signs in the eye symbols. I personally may leave them in, because money worries often contribute to the worries and anxieties about a new child. (I am still pondering how best to incorporate that in your petition, perhaps others will have ideas.) For the eyelashes above and below the eyes, write "embrace" and "new child".

To work around having to eat the sweetener, you can start with an empty jar that you build up with the sweetener of your choice (sugar, honey, molasses, corn syrup) so that you aren't removing any thing. Another idea is annointing yourself with sweetener rather than eating as you say the words. A third idea, if you want to keep up the three aspect would be to remove a token spoonful, but take three "bites" from it for the repetition.

I'd use Peaceful home sachet powders to dress the paper and Peaceful home oils to dress the candle and either a blue (peace) or pink (love) candle.
You can read about Peaceful Home products here.
EcleckticMama

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:08 pm

Hi, i just want to pop in here to thank EcleckticMama for her great suggestions, and to note that the amount of honey one would eat is simply the tiny amount that would adhere to one's finger when poking the paper into the honey -- about a drip-drop's worth. You do not actually "eat" honey from the jar. It's just like licking your fingers after eating fried food, you know? "Finger-licking good!"
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby EcleckticMama » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:01 pm

I was just thinking also that the symbolism of using a baby food jar for your honey jar would be a nice touch too.
EcleckticMama

Unread postby Literarylioness » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:46 pm

I definitely would do a honey jar on this. I would mingle your personal concerns with your husband's personal concerns. I would put sumac and clove in the honey jar too. I would use a white candle and dress it with peaceful home.

Good luck!

Mary
Literarylioness

Re: Honey Jar With Special Color-Coded Ingredient

Unread postby Zola Kathryn » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:10 am

I'm not laughing--that's pretty doggone clever! Congrats on the success ;)
In Service,
Miz Zola
HRCC Graduate #1176G
Zola Kathryn
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Lukianos » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:39 am

Lara has offered solid and practical advice for dealing with the immediate concerns of this case (spiritual cleansing and protection, employing appropriate medical services, assessing the mundane aspects of the fire), and those aspects should be addressed first. Once that has been done, however...

Angel09 wrote:Do I continue with the Honey Jar's risking further turmoil in our life?

All of the other aspects aside, I would definitely re-make the honey jar--new container, new honey/sweetener, new herbs, new petition paper and personal concerns, etc. If there were truly significant, solid, personal items in the first jar, I might cleanse and re-use them, but ideally, not. With the new honey jar, I would suggest also including non-caustic protection herbs along with the sweetening / love herbs--basil, majoram, mint, blood root (this last item, particularly as a matched pair of blood roots, is to protect your 5-year relationship by causing others to respect that relationship).
Once re-made, I'd first try burning a non-spell-related candle of the same size/height in the same set up where you will be burning the honey jar. See how the flame behaves. If that's fine, then burn the honey jar there with supervision, both from the safety angle (perhaps there is a mundane aspect to the burn set-up that isn't immediately obvious), and for divination purposes on the burn itself. If the mundane factors check out fine, but the jar still burns wildly, a reading or further divination into the matter is likely appropriate.

Good Luck!
Lukianos

Unread postby Nothereanymore » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:32 am

Thank you for the congratulations and the excellent suggestions! I'm still in a state of shock, though. All I can think is that he is going to be so upset- he went through a nasty divorce and his ex uses their kids against him constantly. I don't think he has any good associations left with his own children....sad situation there.
Nothereanymore

Disposal or Renewel of Honey Jar?

Unread postby Belli » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:00 pm

I have a question in regards to working a honey jar. This is my first honey jar that I have worked. I am thinking of working a second one for a seperate condition. However, my question is in regards to when you are receiving responses from the jar, and you feel it has reached it's end, do you bury the jar in your yard, back or front? For instance, the jar right now is to aid in reconciliation and rebonding with my husband. We don't plan to divorce, just both are working through so past experiences together that we failed to realize was hurting us subconciously, and when it hit us that we neglected some areas in our relationship, it got really rough for several years, and we were in limbo with what our relationship meant, once we realized we meant the world to each other, it was time for healing, so i use reconciliation as part of that healing the past wounds, forgiving and reestablishing a stronger bond. So, once this has happened, I have thought about how to put this where it will be marked as a victory, and then either start a new one to maintain a constant flow of awareness of where we are in our relationship, so to speak.
any thoughts?

Ok, second, my husband has had this job for a year now, and if they had "employee of the month" he would get the title every month. However, his employer was fired from the head engineer and home owner, which in turn meant that he and eveyone else got booted. The engineer loved him and his work, and word is out that a few selected from the original employer boss man that they were trying to get rid of in the first place, will be hired directly on under the homeowner and engineer. If this happens, my husband is wanting to stay permanently with them, which is a huge growth, because in his line of work which is building homes, the companies come and go, and he's always left in a bad situation but a better opportunity always comes his way, but now we're older, have a home, three kids, and it's time to stay put. Again, same situation, I want to work a honey jar spell for this, and thought about it a few months ago, but decided to stay out of it( everyone knows his employer was bad news, but my husband just worked to show his capabilities to the homeowner and engineer, which they definitely took notice by asking him to come work in the main house but he said for them to ask his boss, which the boss said no way, he's our top guy we need him here). I can't seem to just let this one go though, this is the first time he has been happy with a job and talked about staying permanently, he always seeked more, and this can go very well for him. It seems like they are already thinking of hiring him on again, but do i sit back and see where the cards fall, or do i help move it along? I am comfortable in thinking that if it doesn't play out how we wish and he finds some place else to go, this will be ok, we'll just start over, if that's what is best. I do though, feel we should play a part in our path, and if we want something we should go after it. To my understanding, like cat mentions with reconciliation, it works best if the potential is there for both parties, and that's how i feel with this job, he has everyone who is still working there from different crews who didn't get laid off, rooting for him and his supervisor (the other good guy from this boss man that was scum). For whatever reason, the homeowner feels that in order to trim the fat, when the boss man goes, they all go, that's how they cut ties. Then they gain control back over their own project and hire on the ones that they saw were beneficial, in this case my husband is included in that. Furthermore, the project is way to large and involved to go and hire and train new people, that's time and more money spent (though they DO have it, but the boss was fired because he took their money and scammed them out of money, which says to me though they have the money, they aren't willing to throw it away trying to find new workers to do a good job, common sense to me). Ok, so...
A few years ago, the homeowner had to do the same thing to another crew of workers and hired back all the good people, so this is happening again, except now my husband is in this situation hoping he will be hired back since he's been one of the few to be reliable and productive.
OH MY, I am so sorry this is sooo long! Straight up anyone seeing this in a different light than me?
I appreciate it! I have this darn block, that when I am working with other clients, I see clearly and can use my own experiences to help others, but when it comes to me, generally i can do the same, but every now and then, stress creates a cloudy image for me, so I am seeking someone else to see the picture and let me know if I got the idea right. Also, as I mentioned, honey jars are new territory for me!

Thanks for lending an ear you guys!
Belli

Re: Disposal or Renewel of Honey Jar?

Unread postby J Simulcik » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:07 pm

Sounds like you should do everything you can for your husband, yourself, and your family. If you really are meant to move again, you can't stop it-- but you should definitely have your say!

Depending on what you placed in the reconciliation honey jar, I would try to use part of that to start a new honey jar or other type of spell for continued happiness, peaceful home, etc. When I get home, my wife and I are doing a kerosene lamp along these lines. I've been gone for a year, and we don't expect problems, but I feel it's better to do what we can to be sure!

Good luck!
J Simulcik

Honey Jars, Hair, and Candle Divination

Unread postby Astariell » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:02 am

I am experiencing my first honey jar spell. I started this without the chance to obtain my intended's hair!

My questions: If the first honey jar is working very well without the hair, should I replace it with a second honey jar that would now have my intended's hair and the oils? Should I make a new one and keep them both going?

I followed instructions from LM as best as I could working with the herbs. I also liked Catherine's idea of the brown bag uncut and hand torn...I used molasses since it felt right for the person of my intent...

I followed the burning for Mon, Wed, Fri. I have only burned Friday and then again Mon. I noted the wax drippings in the first burn. The candle burned slowly and long, and the melted wax formed two distinct hearts next to each other. I observed one was thicker then the other and more "tears" were above it....I felt it meant that love would develop slowly and one of us would perhaps (in the beginning) love the other more and maybe "cry" more over it.....The second burn, went faster and lo and behold, an entire male organ of copulation appeared. It was very defined.Then the female organ appeared and the end result was a wax melt in a definitive act of love. I felt this meant passionate times ahead and soon.....

So since this seems to be working in the appearance of "signs" and I have received more attention from him within this time frame (and all remains to be seen of course,) should I continue with this honey jar? It would seems so. Or would the second one be even better? I don't see why two can't be burned at the same time.... I was really impressed with the results thus far...

Thanks for insight on this. It seems there are always questions.... :geek:
Astariell

Unread postby Angel09 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:16 am

El Knapp,

That was great advice, thanks so much.!!!

Angel
Angel09

Re: Honey Jars, Hair, and Candle Divination

Unread postby Literarylioness » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:44 pm

Your honey jar is working and I would continue with it. The more you work with it, the more powerful it becomes.

Good job!

Mary
Literarylioness

Re: Honey Jars, Hair and Candle Divination

Unread postby Astariell » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:41 pm

Thank you! I will stay with this honey jar...

( I need to correct myself since In my original comment I said I burn on M, T, F. I meant Mon, Wed, Fri.)
Astariell

Unread postby EcleckticMama » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:17 pm

Astariell

I just want to point out that you can go back and edit your post to reflect that.
EcleckticMama

Re: Honey Jars, Hair and Candle Divination

Unread postby Astariell » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:44 pm

Thanks for the info on corrections!

Update: What a honey jar! This has already sweetened my intended who had been hesitant to proceed (reasons where noble) causing me to raise an eyebrow in surprise.....and put a smile on my face...and a little bit of wonderment.....

I recommend the honey jar kit to those who are new to the site. It is a wonderful way to work.
Astariell

Understanding Candle Burns on the Honey Jar

Unread postby Angel09 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:23 pm

I have started a new Honey Jar and I am trying to understand the candle burns. I placed a Pink and Red candle on the honey jar simultaneously. The pink one burned so much faster than the red one. It was very strange. They were the same size and I lit them the same time, but the Pink candle burned completely out and the Red looked as if I had just lit it. What could this mean? I thought this was very strange.

Angel09
Angel09

Re: Understanding Candle Burns on the Honey Jar

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:31 pm

Angel09 --

You lit pink for friendship and romance, red for lust and passion. The pink burns fast, red burns very slow. Interpretation: romance and friendship will develop more quickly than lust and passion.

Sweetening spells may be considered adjectival, that is, they are used for sweetening reconciliation, sweetening reunion, sweetening a judge or jury, sweetening a probation or parole officer, sweetening sex, sweetening marriage, sweetening a boss, sweetening co-workers, sweetening a workplace, sweetening friendships, sweetening a loan officer, sweetening a landlord, sweetening a pet, sweetening in-laws, sweetening an ex, sweetening a spiritual entity, etc.

For more information and practical magical tips on how to use sweetening spells for both proxy work (as in a honey or sugar jar) and in direct contact work (as in touching, dressing, feeding, bathing, or drinking) please refer to this book:

BOO-GRI-HHSS
Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells by Deacon Millett
$9.00

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Understanding Candle Burns on the Honey Jar

Unread postby Angel09 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:12 pm

Thanks Cat!!!! :)

Angel09
Angel09

Unread postby Literarylioness » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:29 am

Astariell

So do I! The honey jar is one of my faves. :D

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby bubba » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:38 am

Hi Astrial

I still havent started my honey jar on my partner. im little hesitant because i dont have his hair and the right herbs. im waiting for them. do u think i shall just start it with his handwriting paper i have? and i think i have his hair -- or is it mine? -- because our hairs are the same colour and lenghth.

And i was thinking, Astrial, what did u write in the petition paper?

U think i should just go ahead and start the jar, and at a letter stage add the hairs and herbs,or start a new one when i receive these items?

Can i do that or is that a bad idea?

Confused Bubba
bubba

Unread postby Astariell » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:58 am

Hi bubba,

From reading the questions and answers from the forum and following the outline on the Honey Jar Family of Magic Spells, I was able to create a honey jar. Catherine explains the history and how to proceed. luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

This is my first honey jar so although not qualified to give expert advise and only what I have experienced so far, I can say I went ahead to make the honey jar as advised to someone else on the forum asking for help. I wrote a simple petition for what I wished as outline by Catherine on the Honey Jar Page.....If you read this it would explain what to do.....

As far as the other questions about adding another jar later with his hair etc...I would see how the first jar is working by reading the signs as I had..I would assume if you have his hair and yours, of course use those in the jar. I don't believe it best to open the jar and put hairs into after you have started it since everything should be inside your paper. I might be wrong. As far as starting a new jar when you get hairs, I am not sure of the best answer this so I will leave that to the L M Practitioners.

I wish you the best and enjoy this work! :)
Astariell

Re: Honey Jar Spell

Unread postby bubba » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:42 am

hi guys

I just wanted to kno once a jar is going can u reopen it to add stuff,

Also does everything have to be in the petition paper or can u just put stuff in the bottle by themselves without wrapping in the petittion paper,

Also would it be a good idea to add our hair or just his,.
bubba

Unread postby Literarylioness » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:22 pm

bubba

You can reopen honey jars, but that is not the best idea. A petition paper focuses the honey jar and I would say is very needed. If you are working on a lover, yes his and your hair strands are needed.

If you started a honey jar and would like to change it, I would just begin a new honey jar instead.

Hope that helps,

Mary
Literarylioness

Re: Honey Jar Spell for Husband and Mother-in-law

Unread postby Angelina » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Thank you again Bri! When writing the names, Do I cross them over each other? Does it matter how I write the names?
Many Thanks-
Angelina

Unread postby J Simulcik » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:34 am

literarylioness

I agree with Mary. Honey jars should always have some sort of petition paper in them, even if something like money is used instead of parchment, as in sweetening someone that you want money from. They are also key if you are adding multiple people to one jar, as each packet is a distinct individual.
J Simulcik

Unread postby bubba » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:03 pm

Hi mary and J

Thank u for your replies, i also forgot to ask, can i start a jar and carry it around with me if i travel...

What else can i use to put in the petition paper...things which are powerful...

And lastly do i wrap all this and his photo in the bug petition paper and stuff it in the honey or do i pour honey on top,,

Sorry but i really wanna get it right,,

Bubba

So excited"""""
bubba

Next

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo