Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Saint Dymphna Spiritual Supplies Questions and Answers

Discussions about Lucky Mojo religious supplies, church goods, and altar tools, plus prayers to God, angels, spirits, saints, and deities.
ablake

Saint Dymphna Spiritual Supplies Questions and Answers

Unread post by ablake » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:49 pm

Long story short – for the last 3 years, “if it weren’t for bad luck, I’d had no luck at all” could be the theme of my life. I’ve had readings done and unfortunately can’t afford one from an AIRR member right now.

I believe wholeheartedly that I was crossed. So far I have a little success and then things got worse than before. At this point I am unsure who crossed me and why but the results have been strong. I lost my job and have been out of work for too long and no longer have any benefits. I have started to have really bad thoughts going through my head which shocks even me.

I have been on depression meds for 2 years without much help. Right now I have decided to stop taking them because I feel they are doing more harm than good. It’s been about 5 days; I am suffering from horrible headaches and can’t seem to stay awake. I’ve had a few anxiety attacks. I am embarrassed to admit that sometimes I self medicate with wine and a pain med. I pray to get better but it’s getting really hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I “feel” that perhaps Saint Dymphna can help me but I don’t know how to go about receiving her help. Any advice is very much appreciated…

Be Blessed!

Literarylioness

Re: Crossed Condition, Depression, Saint Dymphna?

Unread post by Literarylioness » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:09 pm

First of all, DO NOT stop taking your meds! DO NOT take them with wine. Alcohol acerbates this problems. I do not where you live, but if you are in the United States, look up a nearby free clinic. There are quite a few throughout the United States. You probably need your medication changed.

You maybe cursed, but right now you need to get clean. Take a good salty bath with baking soda. If you have any bay leaves, put one in the tub with you. This will begin the cleaning process. As you are bathing, read Psalms 23 and 35. After you have soaked, take a white egg and run it DOWN your body, NOT up. As you leave the bath, walk between two white candles. If you have some olive oil, anoint the candles with olive oil. Even if they are just white birthday candles on the tub rim.

Take the some of the bath water, the bay leaf, and the egg to a tree off your property and throw them at the tree. Throw the egg REALLY hard against the tree and imagine all your problems going away. Do this before dawn and walk away without looking back.

To get help from St. Dymphna, get a white vigil candle and for 9 days straight say the following prayer:
Prayer to St. Dymphna
Lord, my God, you chose St. Dymphna as heavenly patron
of those afflicted with mental and nervous disorders.
Through her prayers grant in your loving kindness
relief and consolation to all who are emotionally disturbed,
and especially for (your petition here)
Through the merits of St. Dymphana, Virgin and Martyr,
graciously accord to those for whom we pray patience
in suffering and resignation to your divine will.
Fill them with the gifts of your Holy Spirit,
and obtain for them health in mind and body.
We ask this through Christ, our Lord.
Amen

After your 9 continuous days of prayer, find a charity in her name and give an offering of whatever you can.

Take care,

Mary

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:41 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your depression issues. First let me say that antidepressants, and actually all psychiatric meds are DEPENDANCY FORMING. (They don't normally tell you that when they put you on them, because they assume you'll be on them the rest of your life.) You need to taper off of them very slowly over time, especially if you've been on them for several years - ideally under your doctor's care. Your headaches and sleep issues are due to WITHDRAWALS. The going safety saying is reduce your dose by no more than 10% no more than every 2 weeks. In this way you can deal with the discontinuation/withdrawal symptoms a little bit at a time. Coming off of those kinds of medications without tapering can actually be very dangerous, so I would seriously suggest that you go back on a lower dosage and taper yourself off to avoid any serious complications. You can PM me for more info about this process that you and your doctor can use as a resource for coming off safely. Tapering will help you ALOT with the additional health issues you are facing right now.

Once you feel stable again, start with some cleansings - 13 Herb Bath for yourself and Chinese Wash for your home. Since it's a long-standing condition you may want to do a 13-day 13-herb bath series. Then move on to some healing/St.Dymphna work for yourself using herbs such as pine, sage, goldenseal, althea, solomon seal root, and other herbs that heal and bestow mental clarity and wisdom. You can make a bottle spell out of these herbs with some of your personal concerns inside, and then burn candles on top with Healing oil 3 times a week. You can petition St. Dymphna using this same bottle as well.

But I very very strongly suggest that you start by taking a harm-reduction approach to coming off of your medications. Enlist the aid of your doctor - or find a doctor that will support you through the process. I know exactly what it's like to try and come off of them, as I've been through it myself, and I am active in communities of people who have been through it and are going through it. Please take care of your health from this physical standpoint, as well as address it magically. I wouldn't suggest doing any heavy magical work while you are coming off the meds, as it can be unpredictable how you'll feel from one day to the next. So some simple cleansings and healing work would be best for now.

Certainly on days you might not feel well, you can just pray to St. Dymphna for aid.

Best of luck!
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

darknessdescends

Unread post by darknessdescends » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:35 pm

deleted (The poster lord_of_the_void, aka darknessdescends aka whipdeath@yahooo.com aka whhipdeath@yahoo.com (who had two usenerames, which is a TOS violation in itself) posted here.

Later this person deleted all of its posts, renamed them "deleted" and was banned for causing me a lot of board clean-up work. However, a poster cannot delete quotations in another person's replies, so we can read what was writem, as it is quoted extensivly below --cat)

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:38 pm

darknessdescends wrote:AHHH im so with you on this thread...damn it its like my life described right there...i don't work with saints and i'm not on medications, i was thinking about going on them, but i don't want to end up depending on them for the rest of my life...*sigh*...still waiting for my order of 13 bath to arrive, maybe it'll do something to help me...

You might want to rethink your screen name of "darknessdescends." It is not productive to make yourself happier.

Mary

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:46 pm

darknessdescends wrote:It's from the name of one of my favorite albums.

So what? What if your favorite album was called "My Life Sucks?" If you are trying to bring yourself up, choose a name that is where you want to go.

Mary

ablake

Unread post by ablake » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:54 pm

I've been on Welbutrin 300 mg. I will go back on it tomorrow. I just feel in my heart that I need to get off these meds. At first they were great but now I think I've become immuned to its benefits. I feel I haven't had a clear head to think with. It's been hard in a weird way. For example I try to look for a job but I freeze up and just can't do it. I feel like whatever has me crossed makes me incapable of pushing through these roadblocks.

I don't have health insurance anymore. I only have about a 2 week supply left of my depression meds left so I better hurry up and find a free clinic in the Chicagoland area ( I live in a suburb.)

I will take all the advice from the above post. I thank you especially for the prayers. Which personal concerns would work best? I've never worked with personal concerns but I am more than willing.

Depression sucks. I feel like a sad clown. I try so hard to make everyone around me laugh and enjoy themselves when in reality if they only knew how hard it is for me to make it through another day they'd been shocked.

I haven't lit a candle or done much praying in several weeks. My niece and sister even mentioned it to me. I have a St. Jude Candle, St. Michael, St. Expedite and a St. Joseph candles here at home. Tomorrow I will light my St. Michael one because he always makes me feel better.

Thanks all!

P.S. Darknessdescends, I'm not a doctor but if you have health insurance I talk to them about depression. Depression physically hurts. Maybe they might recommend meds for a short term. The meds were helpful at the beginning. Please don't let my experience stop you from getting you in a healthier state. I wish you well.

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:35 am

darknessdescends wrote:I know EXACTLY how you feel...i do the EXACT SAME thing, i can almost feel your pain...and i know you say you try to go for another job but you just feel like somethings holding you back (or in your words "freeze up"), like something you can't explain...i feel that too and with almost anything else too...I often wondered if I was too crossed...i mean with my luck (and with what YOUR describing your luck to be) someone HAD to had crossed me and you right? ...no one person (or two) can feel this horrible 24/7 and for so long and just have everything fail right? I mean, if anyone can correct me? can you cross somebody THIS badly?? Don't people target one aspect of people's lifes? and can it last THIS long???

It is possible that someone can cross you up for an extended period of time. Crossing doesn't mean just spells either. People thinking bad thoughts about you or wishing you ill will can also have an effect on you. If you don't get that stuff off you, it builds up over time and starts causing what appears to be streaks or extended periods of "bad luck". To know if you're crossed up for sure, you need to get a reading done. In the meantime, start with a cleansing bath and get up your defenses. I recommend working with St. Michael.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

MysticRootworker

Unread post by MysticRootworker » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:41 am

Darknessdescends and Ablake-
I too suffer from depression. I have what I believe is chronic low grade depression- which can get so bad at times that I don't want to take another breath. Add on top of that the loss of my son during pregnancy then my husband. Well- I have been in a BAD way at times. But fortunately my sis came to the rescue about a year and a half ago. She and I have both tried different meds over the years and most often they made us groggy or "drugged" feeling. She was put on Wellbutrin for a time and it helped her without all of those nasty side effects. She suggested it to me. So I went to my physician who had been on this path with me for a number of years. He gave me a prescription and it has been the best thing for me. I still have low points but I no longer want to stop breathing! I do holistic healing and I still felt like this is something that is very much needed for myself.
As for the alcohol- STAY AWAY from it while you are suffering depression! I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE that it is a depressant that will only make things MUCH WORSE! I used to self medicate with budlight. Especially after my husband died. I worked 2 jobs and drank EVERYDAY. Now I am not against a nice cold beverage from time to time. But I went into it so far and in such a self-destructive way that my parents were going to "lock me up" somewhere. (as they put it) But I got myself back on track- at least in the way of not trying to kill myself with alcohol (or someone else). I feel for you both and I do know the depth of despair and heartache. I prayed daily for death so I could go be with my family. BUT I am here and I am very grateful for it. I wish you both some sunshine in the midst of your darkness. I wish I could do something to help you with moving out of it soon. I will pray for you and ask God to help you both find what you need to get better. Sorry this is such a long post. I talk alot in person too! lol

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:57 am

There is a lot of good advise in this thread! :D

My own little contribution. I have my depressive episodes(just like most people) and I find spiritual baths really help. A really good one is:

A half teaspoon of salt

Some Honey (Orange flower honey would be ideal)

Orange Blossom cologne (Smells so very nice and you can get it from luckymojo)

and/or

The dried peel of an orange you peeled in one go, as in the whole peel came off as one piece.(Hint, eat the orange its good for you,lol)

Blessing Bath Crystals

The bath smells absolutely divine and will really help you feel better after a soak. I do recommend you take the time to soak in it and relax for a while before washing upward to draw in blessings with this bath. Throw the water out into your front yard/crossroad/river/whatever you prefer, I go with the front yard.

And of course if you have serious depression get good medical help as well.

ablake

Unread post by ablake » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:23 am

Hi all:

Just took my medication. Sure enough I do feel better.

Can someone tell me the color of a St. Dymphna Candle? I think it's white while my niece says blue.

And thanks for everyones kind words and advice.

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:26 am

ablake wrote:Hi all:

Just took my medication. Sure enough I do feel better.

Can someone tell me the color of a St. Dymphna Candle? I think it's white while my niece says blue.

And thanks for everyones kind words and advice.

She's one of the more agreeable saints, white or blue will be fine by her.

Roman

Unread post by Roman » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:08 am

ablake wrote:Any advice is very much appreciated…

Allow me to add Florida Water as a great item for cleansing. The stuff is indispensable to me.

Good Luck,

M.Roman

j82

Unread post by j82 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:12 pm

though not hoodoo I can tell you when i was depressed over a series of unfortunate events ( lover cheating and leaving, job woes family isssues) seems everything comes in 3's lol. I joined a gym ate fresh fruit and vegs, and took vit. and it really helped me push out of it, also I read the bible a lot and prayed to get through this.. other things that helped were listening to music that made me feel good, i know its so easy to lick our wounds and listen to music we relate too but unfortunetly it reinforces the idea of the pain. Also look up cognitive behavior psychology its by far the best in my oppinion to tackel issues like negative self talk etc. as for the curse take the baths and pray to st michael to protect you. A road opner candle/spell may help open some paths for you after the curse is lifted and an attraction spell (lodestone) to draw the things you want in your life.

snake

Unread post by snake » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:20 pm

I've been dealing with a bad depression for the past year and I'm just now starting to get relief. Do you have any suspects or intuitive feeling about who may have cursed you?
I highly recommend the cleansing baths. Even if it's just splashing your face and neck with holy water, I highly recommend spiritual cleansing often to get that depression energy off. If you can, use some of the nice soaps with spiritual power too.
I've found that yellow candles are good for depression. I also used Healing Miracle candles. Having any kind of candle lit really helps me.
And I have to second HailDiscordia's suggestion of using oranges and orange perfume. Oranges have such a cheerful energy to them.
The herbs that I've been using in tea for depression are lemon balm, rosemary and linden.
I haven't worked with St. Dymphna, but I found that St. Raphael the Archangel, St. Therese Little Flower and the Green Scapular have been really helpful in my healing.

ablake

Unread post by ablake » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:57 pm

Well ,Snake, I have a feeling that a person I used to trust and was a family friend cursed me. A reading I received a year ago confirmed that the "Brujo" I went to for tarot card readings and spirtual cleansings had fallen for me. When I gently rebuffed his advances, he decided to work on me. He knew that he couldn't make me fall for him but he blocked my paths so money would be an issue and I would always need him.

I stopped seeing him in 2008 after he started making me feel uncomfortable. A few months later I awoke startled and terrified from a deep sleep. I swear I heard his voice in my ear demanding that "they bring me to him." I had a St. Michael's candle lit in my room and it was sparking and popping and hissing that night.

I was told to NOT send back any reversal work on him. I was told to pray and cleanse. That good always triumphs evil and he had NO hold over me. I don't know. He is/was? a strong brujo with abilities. I wish I had never met him.

Nonetheless, here I am in a horrible depression. Any money work I do -- the candles burn black or the flame goes out by itself.

I am starting the cleansing baths as soon as my order comes in. On a funny note, I tried HailsDiscordia advice peel an orange in one piece. I tried twice but both times I couldn't get the peel off in one piece so I had to eat both oranges and they were yummy. I also forced myself to take a drive today since it was sunny. I drove out and read the paper at Starbucks as I sipped on a tasty frappacino. Small steps...

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:29 am

Get another reading if it's been a year. You may need work done on your behalf if you are still having problems. Good does not always win if good people do nothing to stop evil.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:06 pm

ablake

Well, if you have been unjustly crossed, as this sounds like, you should work with St. Cipriano. He is considered the saint of magic, but he is also good for unjust cursing. When I was in my early 20s, a co-worker had a crush on me. He was married and I was not interested, but his wife cursed me anyway. I was having car accidents and all sorts of violent episodes, a roommate's boyfriend threatened to kill me, etc. It was just so strange and I told my tales to a candle shop owner. She said St. Cipriano was who I needed, because I was unjustly cursed. There are just curses and unjust curses. St. Cipriano worked FAST! My cleared up within two weeks. The couple disappeared and that was it.

I would work with St. Cipriano first, then still do a reversal to get the stuff off. Don't put the guy's name on the candle, just write on the candle "anyone who has cursed me." This covers everyone. Bury the remains in a graveyard.

I know there is some controversy about ancestor reverence, but I am a big believer in it. I know people have problems with revering their dead kin, but I find that is what truly works in these types of situations and they do help our lives run smoother.

Mary

ablake

Unread post by ablake » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:19 pm

I will definitely work with St. Cipriano.

I know very little of him but I will research a few books I have as well as the archives.

Thank you!!!

ablake

Unread post by ablake » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:50 am

Wow --

My bad luck just doesn't end. 2 days ago I found out that someone that meant the world to me a few years ago has been found out. It turns out this man is a liar, a cheater and stole a blog idea (that has become successful) from a mutual great friend. I feel completely betrayed and so angry BUT that is something I am simply going to have to deal with on a personal note.

I am posting because I am so thankful for this board. I took Devi, Mary's, HailsDiscordia's, and Snake's advice about getting back on my depression meds. While it totally sucks that this man in my past has come back to bite me in the a**, at least, I was on my antidepressant so I can handle this horrible development. If I hadn't been on it -- it would have sent me on a horrible bender of alcohol, pain meds, and overeating which would have made my depression worse.

I thank the power of the saints, the great responders on this forum, and great forum support for getting me through this.

Stay Blessed!

mimiso

Thank You St Dymphna

Unread post by mimiso » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:55 pm

I Thank St Dymphna for progressing slowly but surely with my brother. Healing him emotionally and mentally, and bringing awareness to him about his health. He's still a work in progress, but She's so amazing, and I love feeling her energy around me too, and seeing her wick spark.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Thank You St Dymphna

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:03 pm

She is fantastic, and I'm so happy to hear that she's aiding you. Consider making a donation to the National Shrine of St. Dymphna in his name in thanks and in faith for continued healing. I'm a lifetime member of the League of St. Dymphna at the Shrine because I have so much faith in her and am so grateful.

interested

Herbs/Roots for healing/mental vigil to St. Dymphna

Unread post by interested » Sun May 01, 2011 6:07 am

Hello everyone! I am needing some help on what herbs and/or roots to use to load a vigil to the Blessed St. Dymphna. This vigil is for my son who is exhibiting signs of ADD/ADHD. I had a vigil set by one of the AIRR member and was suggested I do one for healing and his current state of distraction. I am taking care of this on the mundane level but I know he needs lots of spiritual help as well. It is affecting his grades in school and that is my biggest concern. He is carrying a packet also done by an AIRR member. This will be a continuing work done by me for him by setting vigils, praying novenas, and lots of prayers of course.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Angelica

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Herbs/Roots for healing/mental vigil to St. Dymphna

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun May 01, 2011 1:03 pm

I would just get yourself some St. Dymphna products, as they are just lovely and have all the appropriate oils, herbs, and roots that you could need. Plus a little goes a loooong way with LM products, so one bottle of oils can be used to dress dozens of candles!

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatoils.html#catholic
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatincense.html#catholic
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbaths.html#catholic
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatpowders.html#catholic

BellaMars

Unread post by BellaMars » Tue May 03, 2011 5:48 am

I just love this Saint! I have been praying and lighting candles to her for the last 3 months and she has helped me so much.

I use the St Dymphna oil to dress green vigils for her (I put a Saint Card of St Dymphna in front the candle). I add Solomons Root & Goldenseal, maybe you can add some High John the Conqueror so he can gain control. Maybe a moderator can confirm this?

I also light some St Dymphna inscense while I pray to her and it really is lovely. In front of her candle I have a little glass filled with cool water and a splash of florida water.

I would suggest you find a St Dymphna novena to pray as well, the St Dymphna card from LM doenst have the prayer behind the photo. I found a little booklet on St Dymphna with her novena ina Catholic Goods store in a mall by Mary Mark Wickenhiser, Fsp. I will put the novena below.

Novena to St Dymphna

St Dymphna, virgin and martyr of purity,
-intercede for us to God.
You were a loving disciple of Jesus and a compassionate servant of those in neeed,
-present my prayer of praise and supplication to God.

God of goodness and mercy, I praise and thank you for the many blessings I have received through your generous love. As I honor your servant, St Dymphna, for the love of purity you granted her, I ask for the grace to remain steadfast in my love for you so that I may spend my life doing good and avoiding all that is not in accord with your will for me.
Trusting in your goodness, and with confidence in your power to heal, I humbly ask, through the intercession of St Dymphna, for this grace: ( mention your specific intention). May all nations come to know the power of your love and the unfailing gift of your mercy, so that one day we may all glorify you with all the saints in heaven. Amen.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be

St Dymphna, virgin and martyr, hear my prayers an answer my petition.

O God, we ask you throught he intercession of your servant, St Dymphna, who sealed with her blood the love she had for you, to grant relief to those in our midst who suffer from mental illness and/or psychological disorders. Through Christ, your Son, our Lord. Amen.
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue May 03, 2011 5:50 am

I would do some divination to see if John the Conqueror would be appropriate - it has a very strong, forceful energy that may not be appropriate for someone trying to heal from an imbalance.

The goldenseal and solomon seal are good choices, though. Sage is nice as it is cleansing and has an aspect of wisdom, mint gets rid of negative mental states, eucalyptus helps cast off negative thought patterns and behaviors. And then there are plenty of healing herbs you can choose from - althea, flax seed, etc.

interested

Unread post by interested » Tue May 03, 2011 6:58 am

Thank you both Devi and BellaMars for answering to my post. I have a glass encased vigil with her picture and will be using pull out candles on a continous basis while doing a novena to her for my son's healing. I have Healing oil (which I can't seem to stop smelling, it has a divine smell), Tranquility oil, and now St. Dymphna oil. I put my petition, his name, and DOB on the candle, dressed the candle with these oils and needed a combination of herbs to use on the vigil. She is a gentle, patient, and very loving Saint. I don't get the sense that she is demanding at all and I love to offer her white flowers. I don't have St. Dymphna incense but do have All Saints incense.

I have to thank Lucky Mojo for teaching me so many things through the forums. I have petioned various blessed Saints with amazing results. I had never petioned Saints though I am a craddle Catholic, but have been doing so successfully after finding Lucky Mojo :D .
So thank you very much Lucky Mojo, you have changed my life, literally!!

ntnew

Thank You St Dymphna

Unread post by ntnew » Sun May 15, 2011 4:32 pm

i also wanted to say thank you St.Dymphna for helping me with my friend and easing his troubled mind.

Luckbewithme876
Re: Thank You St Dymphna

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:11 pm

I wanted to say tahnks to St. Dymphna. :) I started working with her and my anger and depression is already feeling much better. :D I'm planning to donate to the fund too.
Thank you to St. Dymphna!

psychic kitty
Re: Working with Saint Dymphna

Unread post by psychic kitty » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:00 am

I just started working with St. Dymphna and plan to move her space to my bedroom, since that's where I rest (and can run away to if I am depressed) I was amazed, she certainly liked the blue candle I lit, it's almost gone. I was thinking of making a donation to our local counseling center in her name as payment for her help. Does anyone know what she likes? Blue flowers? sweets?
It's a bittersweet symphony, this life...

Clarabella

Unread post by Clarabella » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:16 am

I've seen this post belatedly, but have worked with St. Dymphna for years. If she has helped you, or even if you just want to begin building a relationship with her, you should consider joining the sponsors of the National Shrine of St. Dymphna in Masillon, Ohio. It costs only $3.00 a year to join and is a good "thank you" offering to this saint for upkeep and maintenance of her shrine. You can find the site easily by googling "National Shrine of St. Dymphna". They will also include your petitions at the shrine and set lights for you there for a very small donation. This is the only shrine to St. Dymphna that I know of, and anyone who works with her should be interested in supporting it.

psychic kitty

Unread post by psychic kitty » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:17 am

Thanks for that suggestion I will look into it! The candles i have lit for her here at home have burned quickly and brightly, I guess she likes the blue i chose for her!

psychic kitty
Working with saints on a budget

Unread post by psychic kitty » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:19 am

Hi all. I have been working with a few saints recently and things seem to be going well. :) I had a question about burning candles, though. I'm on a fixed income and candles are expensive when you factor in replacing them when they burn down. I have explained to the saints in question that when their current lights have extinguished themselves I may not be able to replace them for awhile because of financial concerns but I will continue praying and leaving flowers. I've already made three donations in the names of saints atht have helped and will do the remainder as I can. Is it necessary to keep candles burning continuously? I would love to but it it just is not feasible financially. :( For example, St. Dymphna seems to love her candle---it burns twice as fast as anyone's else (I have donated to her shrine and set a light there) or maybe she's just working extra hard because of the mess ;)]

psychic kitty
Re: Working with saints on a budget

Unread post by psychic kitty » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:24 pm

Thanks! I have my trusty All Saints Oil so will be able to use that on tea lights if I have to. :D In the meantime, I am bringing fresh flowers to my sacred spaces (thankfully we have a garden in the building) and will continue to do so. St. Dymphna definitely LOVES her candle, it burned all the way though in two days!!! I did join her guild ($3) at the national shrine dedicated to her in thanksgiving for her help, she is definitely working overtime for me!

Caedryn
Re: Saint Dymphna Spiritual Supplies Questions and Answers

Unread post by Caedryn » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:27 am

Thank you so much St. Dymphna for healing my wife!

P_K

Unread post by P_K » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:28 pm

I had a dressed Saint Dymphna glass candle from LM that I took a long time to get around to burning. (Kept meaning to but wanted to feel ready.) I was hoping for help with getting over an abusive past that unfortunately still haunts me via flashbacks, and I have depressive mental health issues. Saint Dymphna definitely the lady for the job!

Anyway, so I started burning her last Sunday and she finished yesterday. I think I had a good sign when I initially lit the candle; I sat down immediately after to read and stumbled across an article regards specific behaviour stemming from one's abusive past, which was something I hadn't thought about previously and felt it was relevant to myself. I was very impressed. Now though that the candle has finished I don't feel different from before.

Perhaps it is because I didn't pray to her every day? I would check the candle now and then and thank her, but I didn't actually pray. I have meant to but this week I have been extremely distressed (for reasons unrelated to my past, but my mental health has probably not helped) and not been thinking straight at all so haven't been very functional in even a mundane sense.

What should I do?

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:42 am

Blue or white candles, white skull candles, or a donation to an organization that helps victims of abuse or mental illness would be good offerings for St. Dymphna.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!

P_K

Unread post by P_K » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:41 am

Thank you for your response, Mama Micki. Unfortunately it doesn't quite address my concerns. :) I think perhaps Saint Dymphna didn't work with me as I neglected to pray properly. In which case, what do I do, do it again?

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:03 am

You might try working with angels instead of saints. Lucky Mojo Healing products have a picture of an angel on them. You may also get an Archangel Raphael vigil candle. Angels to petition for healing are Raphael and Zadkiel, for emotional healing.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!

Caulbearer
St. Dymphna assistance

Unread post by Caulbearer » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:02 am

hi y'all

i have a question
my ex is bipolar/schizophrenic & we don't know if my little 4yr old will have the disease or not, we all just pray that the gene remains dormant...
can anyone suggest any work that i can dedicate to St. Dymphna to ask for my daughter's mental health and happiness in the future?

any suggestions or links are appreciated

many thanks
Love & Blessing
Thanks to all saints who have helped me connect to the Divine <3

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:31 pm

I merged your post in the existing thread regarding St. Dymphna. Please read through it get ideas on working with her.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!

Caulbearer

Unread post by Caulbearer » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:30 pm

thank you so much Mama Micki :)
Love & Blessing
Thanks to all saints who have helped me connect to the Divine <3

orion

St. Dymphna Statuary

Unread post by orion » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:05 pm

Hello all,
I just thought a St. Dymphna statue would be a great addition.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: St. Dymphna Statuary

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:07 pm

We will carry one if we can find a source. I have an antique one, but i won;t be selling her!
catherine yronwode

P_K

Unread post by P_K » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:20 am

I just wanted to come and relate my experience with Saint Dymphna. At the time of burning my LM candle, I didn't think I could feel a difference. Then, I noticed that the flashbacks and intrusive thoughts, once experienced on a daily basis, just stopped coming, and it wasn't very long after. There is no doubt in my mind that it was due to working with her, and the result was incredible. Lately it has started happening again, but the relief was for quite some time, and one cannot expect miracles, just a helping hand—and what a helping hand it was, for which I cannot express enough gratitude. I will be working with her again. :)

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:56 pm

Thank you P_K for sharing.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

deaconmillett
Forum Moderator

Unread post by deaconmillett » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:05 am

Thanks to St. Dymphna for helping me and my clients...

I look back at posts from 2010 about losing one's insurance and breathe a grateful sigh of relief.

Many blessings,

Deacon Millett
Reader - Candle Server - Author - AIRR Ombudsman - Hoodoo Psychics - President of the Board of AISC

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:19 am

Hi,

I was advised that it might be an idea for me to consider working with saints. I feel drawn to St Dymphna and an other saint, each of whom could help with different issues plaguing me at the moment. I was just wanting to ask is it alright to work with more than one saint at a time (obviously not speak and pray to them at the same time) and is there a specific day that is best for St Dymphna?

Thanks x

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:54 pm

Hello, maria84 ,

I prefer to work with one Saint at a time. But, that's just me. I like to establish a relationship with them and get to know them

As you become more and more experienced, you will know when it's time to work with more than one.

Now, other rootworkers don't adhere to my ways 9and that's OK). It's jut differing opinions.

Wishing you the best

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:10 pm

Thank you for your advice. I think I'm probably better off sticking with one to begin with. :)

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:27 am

Saint Dymphna is a wonderful Saint to work with. She has a very cooling, healing and fresh energy. Any day of the week you need her help, work with her - you don't need to wait for a specific day.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:14 pm

Thank you Aura. After reading all about her something struck a chord with me and my current life problems. I'm glad that there's no specific day, it makes things easier for me right now.

ChokatLily

Unread post by ChokatLily » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:28 pm

Thank you gracious St. Dymphna for your compassion, thank you for listening to my prayers. I have a feeling it was you behind the progress I have seen.

Cutegimp9

Unread post by Cutegimp9 » Fri May 22, 2015 2:07 pm

I just started to work with St. Dymphna (the gracious patroness of those with mental illnesses). And today, she helped me deal with a situation with my neighbor. For most, this kind of thing wouldn't even be a blip on the radar---but, for me, it could very well have triggered weird things/reactions from my social anxiety disorder... I just want to give a "praise report" for St. Dymphna. She is such a kind, gentle Spirit!

I appreciate you, blessed Virgin-Martyr. You are beautiful!

:)
Sophia makes herself known even in advance to those who desire her with all their hearts. -Wisdom 6

Nidia

Unread post by Nidia » Fri May 22, 2015 6:42 pm

Hello all,
When working with saint dymphna, is there any offering besides a donation she would like? I'm interested in learning more about working with her.Also, the national shrine for her in ohio offers holy water blessed on her shrine for a very minimal fee, (less than $2)is there a way to use this in healing work with her?

(I was going to make a doll baby of myself for healing and may still,) but maybe working with st dymphna at the moment would be more efficient..I suffer from MD and C-PTSD and have had a terrible time managing it, its so bad I've lost an alarming amount of weight. I'm literally too tired to eat, I'm so discouraged and unmotivated it hurts. I'm desperate for help, hence my constant posting of questions on different topics (sorry! :( )

I'm going to try my medication again, although it makes me even more tired. (Severely Narcoleptic is a better term...)
But I do have her card and some healing oils and blue candles on the way from my orders.what is the best way to work with her? If its okay to ask, HOW does one work with her? I've been reading on saints and the information on the forums but I just don't want to disrespect her or snyone in anyway by not doing it correctly. :/

I did set a votive light for myself at her shrine via the site with a petition as well as purchase some of the holy water.i intend on becoming a member too once i understand more (and payday comes lol)

Sorry for posting so much, im just trying to fix my life.

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun May 24, 2015 7:48 pm

Hello, Nidia,

If in doubt, offer a white candle, fresh white flowers, and a glass of water.

Plus that donation

Take care

Nidia

Unread post by Nidia » Wed May 27, 2015 1:47 am

Thank you, as always miss aida!is there a place I can find more info or a book on working with saints?

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu May 28, 2015 9:37 pm

Hello, Nidia,

Yes, here is a book

The Magical Power of the Saints: Evocation and Candle Rituals
by Reverend Ray T. Malbrough

Find it at: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html

Take care

Nidia

Unread post by Nidia » Sat May 30, 2015 5:32 am

Awesome, thanks! :D

Extremedivas1195

Unread post by Extremedivas1195 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:18 pm

I put saint Dymphna oil on my head.

Lap down for minutes and starting praying without my consent. I keep saying I'm love you.

Than my throat is stuffy.

I'm still laying down on my bed.

It's a good sign?

Reason: Post Doesn't make sense at all

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Religious Goods and Altar Tools in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure”