• Advertisement
Crystal-Silence-League-Link

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:07 am

The Magical Power of the Saints Book Questions and Answers

Discussiona about hoodoo and conjure spell books, instruction books, grimoires, and books on magic and spirituality.

The Magical Power of the Saints Book Questions and Answers

Unread postby Witchyone » Fri May 10, 2013 8:50 am

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has purchased and worked with this book? i have it in my possession, and wanted to cross-reference some of the Saints' specialties on the forums but I couldn't find much of anything. For example, I wanted to cross-reference Saint Barbara, because in this book, she is said to be petitioned for relationship problems and for bringing a lover back, but this is not what is found out about her online, or on the forums.

Anyone can give me any insight into whether or not this book is accurate in its descriptions of the Saints and their specialties?
Thank you Saints Martha, Joseph, Anthony, and Expedite for blessing all aspects of my life.
Witchyone

Re: Magical Powers of the Saints Book

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sat May 11, 2013 9:30 am

I have this book and have not specifically used it for magical purposes. Remember Saints have more than one occupation or condition in which they work. For example Saint Anthony, he is the Patron Saint of finding lost things...he also helps to find missing people, and some call on him for safe travel. (just an example) Here is information about Saint Barbara (http://www.luckymojo.com/saintbarbara.html)
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Witchyone » Sat May 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Thanks, jwmcclin. I've already seen this page on her, but that was my concern....what's on that page doesn't add up to what is in the book. I do understand that Saints tend to work with more than one different issue, but I didn't want to risk attempting to petition her for any of the causes she works with in the book if none of them are actually causes she works for.
Thank you Saints Martha, Joseph, Anthony, and Expedite for blessing all aspects of my life.
Witchyone

Unread postby j82 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:06 am

I have read the book, its prolly the authors best writing. Some of the candles he mentions in the text are not listed correctly, I assume because he is WIccan and does not believe in doing some works so he changed the meaning of a candle. However it is a decent intro book on using 7 day candles and setting them up for work and purposes. Some of the saint stuff changes based on how you are using the saint, relationship with the saint.. A friend of mine prays to St Anthony for everything and he comes through for her, she has a relationship and it works.. others can ask him all day and nothing. I guess its a classic example of who you know lol.
j82

Unread postby hapinys » Mon May 20, 2013 8:43 pm

I've been working from this book for years....awesome! I love it :).
Good luck!
hapinys

Re: The Magical Power of the Saints Book Questions and Answers

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon May 20, 2013 9:01 pm

And here it is:

BOO-GRI-MPOS
Magical Power of the Saints, Ray Malbrough
$13.95

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby blink_of_wisdom » Tue May 21, 2013 4:15 am

I would have to agree... this book is one of my favorites and I've had amazing luck with his vigil candle rituals in the back of the book. He has a very blunt no-nonsense approach and I love it. :ugeek:
blink_of_wisdom

Unread postby MartKeyb56789 » Tue May 06, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi there folks! I hope someone sees this even though the last post was about a year ago. I just bought this book by Malbrough, and I saw some things that really interested me, but there was one thing that wasn't very clear, and I can't seem to have any luck finding the answer. The author mentions the negative influence of the plain colored candles. How do we accomplish this? Has anyone done it? It says that you can easily get the negative influence by adding black wax to the top of the candle. Does anyone have any pointers on this particular topic?

Thanks a bunch!
MartKeyb56789

Unread postby Miss Aida » Fri May 09, 2014 8:29 pm

Hello, MartKeyb56789,
It's hard for me to say without reading the paragraph.
But, when you look at double action candles, they are 1/2 black and 1/2 another color. We then butt the top (where the wick is) and then scrape the black end to get a wick. Then, we light the black side first. So, what that does is banish the negativity and bring in the energies of the color that is at the other end.
Check out this page:
www.luckymojo.com/reversing.html
There's a lot of information there.
Otherwise, I am not clear on what he's talking about 9as I have never read that book).
Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby MartKeyb56789 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:49 pm

Thank you Miss Aida. You've given me an interesting idea the way you described what you do to those candles, but I am not talking about reversing work. It is very much about hexing and cursing and using the colors and their negative attributes. For example, Blue is calming and Red is for passion, but their negative meanings would be depression and war (respectively). So if I wanted to harness those energies, Malbrough suggests adding black to the top of the candle.

Basically, this is what he says...

"These candles are made by the person intending to use them. They simply represent the negative quality of a positive color, easily made by applying black wax on the top of a plain seven-day candle. This type of candle is useful in rituals to banish a negative condition such as jealousy or infidelity in a relationship. The opposite is also true in BRINGING a negative or hexing condition to a situation." That is the part that I'm trying to achieve. Suppose I have a ton of green candles. Rather than by a new set of candles that are two colors, I'd rather just apply the black wax to what I have. That's the part that I'm probably making harder than it really is.

The difficulty is finding plain 7-day candles that have two colors mainly black whatever other color I need. Be it blue, brown, yellow, green or whatever. Cost is also an issue. Two tone candles are generally much more expensive it seems. These are just a couple of reasons why Malbrough's suggestion is so interesting to me.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!
MartKeyb56789

Unread postby Miss Aida » Mon May 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Hello, MartKeyb56789 ,
Have you thought about just melting a black candle and then adding cursing type oils to them? Then, just use a brush to put the "dressed" wax on it?
This is indeed very interesting. I like the idea.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us
Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to Books, Pamphlets, Instruction Manuals, and Grimoires in Hoodoo