Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Lucky Mojo Tattoo

Questions, answers, and discussions about the Lucky Mojo Curio Co.
Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Lucky Mojo Tattoo

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:39 pm

Hi everyone. I have wanted a new tattoo for a while now and yesterday when i did my weekly money spell it hit me. I think i may get the art from luckymojo Fast Luck oil on my shoulder. I'm posting mostly to ask if that's ok with Ms.cat. I know some people have strong feelings about tattoos and i won't get it if she objects to me using her art. Incidentally the art on the fast Luck products is my absolute favorite, they all look so nice but Fast Luck seems to, I don't know, speak to me almost. It may help that its my absolute favorite oil to work with lol :D

So yeah Ms.cat if you would please let me know if your ok with me using your art for my next tat i would greatly appreciate it :)
HRCC Student #1559

Reynolds

Re: Lucky Mojo Tattoo

Unread post by Reynolds » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:31 pm

Interesting...
I'm not a tatoo kind of guy by any means (I'm pretty preppy in dress style) , but I've played in the past with the idea of either getting the Lust card from the thoth deck or the Crown of Success lable as a tatoo

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Unread post by J Simulcik » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:58 am

Reynolds wrote:Interesting...
I'm not a tatoo kind of guy by any means (I'm pretty preppy in dress style)...
The families that I grew up with, the two are not mutually exclusive! :D Funnily enough, I began thinking yesterday about a new tattoo as well. One idea I had was a mercury dime and devil's shoestring around my lower leg. It would be less for actual protection, and more for what it symbolizes: protection from crossing and goofering, freedom to walk where one wishes, and luck. Haven't decided yet, though.
HRCC Student #1339

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:59 pm

I would love to see folks use my art as tattoo flash! What a compliment and honour! Thank you!

As for the tattoo of the silver dime on the ankle, that's brilliant (albeit painful). The dime is usually worn on the internal side of the ankle, on a string. A clear photo, for art reference purposes, can be found here, at the bottom of this page of photos taken in Mississippi by Newbell Niles Puckett circa 1926:

http://tinyurl.com/badmnt

Good luck to both of you! When you do it, post photos!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:07 pm

I'm so glad you like the idea cat, its still up in the air as to when i can get it, i'm trying to scrape together some extra cash so we'll see :)
HRCC Student #1559

grandpacoyote

Unread post by grandpacoyote » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:41 pm

J Simulcik wrote: The families that I grew up with, the two are not mutually exclusive! :D Funnily enough, I began thinking yesterday about a new tattoo as well. One idea I had was a mercury dime and devil's shoestring around my lower leg. It would be less for actual protection, and more for what it symbolizes: protection from crossing and goofering, freedom to walk where one wishes, and luck. Haven't decided yet, though.
J.S.
Here's another Dime and ankle pic for ya... I gotta agree, great idea for a tat but boy is that gonna hurt!
http://tinyurl.com/d85459

Charles

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Unread post by J Simulcik » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:16 am

UPDATE: I spoke to an artist this weekend who said he was willing, but there were issues. A silver dime would have to be enlarged to a pretty good size to be recognizable, and devil's shoestring will not look like much no matter how well done. I still like the idea of a hoodoo tattoo, so I'm holding off until I can come up with some new designs.
HRCC Student #1339

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Lucky Mojo Curio Co. News and Announcements”