• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:05 am

Cleansing Before and-or After Performing Rootwork Spells

Cleansing Before and-or After Performing Rootwork Spells

Unread postby K54 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:50 am

I need to give someone a Hot Foot and wanted to know if one cleansing bath and reading the 51st psalm is really enough?
K54

Re: Cleansing After Dark Magick

Unread postby Turnsteel » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:12 am

Should be. What manner of cleansing bath are you using?
Turnsteel

Unread postby K54 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:22 am

It is not my wish to make a habit of using dark magick, but in this particular case, it is my only alternative (other than give up and walk away) and he frankly deserves it.

I am planning on using a mix of Hot Foot Powder and Goofer Dust.

I have one bath's worth of hyssop herb and a huge supply of 13 herb. I also have some holy water and plenty of frankincense.

Thanks for your help, HailD / Turnsteel.

K54
K54

Unread postby Dr Johannes » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:40 am

Lighting some cleansing incense like Uncrossing or Jinx Killer when taking the cleansing bath is advisable in any enemy work.

Consider putting up some protections after the cleansing bath.

Johannes
Need Help? I am on AIRR --
www.readersandrootworkers.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ReadersandRootworkers
Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread postby K54 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:50 am

Johannes,

Do you mean protection like Devils pod and Devils shoestring? I have both of those.

I also have a very fine anti-witchcraft talisman that was cast by a fine astrological magician. Will wearing that help?

Thanks for the advice.

K54
K54

Unread postby Literarylioness » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:56 am

K54,

Devil's shoestrings are good, as is Devil Pod. They are generally used to protect a location. See "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" by catherine, or the package labels from Lucky Mojo for instructions.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby Turnsteel » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:58 am

K54,

A devil pod is a wonderful charm for protection, as are devils shoe string, but how do you plan on using them? I don't mean to sound rude but many is the time I have heard people talk of using this or that with either no idea how to go about using it or the wrong way, tho i hesitate to use that word. I say this out of concern for you safety, protection is a very impotent part of things, you know?

I don't know astrology from Adam but if you think the person that made it for you is a "fine astrological magician why do you question wearing it?
Turnsteel

Unread postby K54 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:50 am

My understanding is to put the devils pod over my front door with the horns pointing outward, and to bury the shoestrings on the path leading to my door.
K54

Unread postby Turnsteel » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:23 pm

Basically, good to see that you understand. You might also want to anoint your devil pod with Fiery Wall of Protection Oil.
Turnsteel

Time "Window" for Cleansing After Enemy Tricks

Unread postby K54 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:21 pm

What is the longest I can wait to do cleansing after laying an enemy trick?

I have a situation where I can lay a Hot Foot trick before work, but I wouldn't be able to do the cleansing and protection until about 10 hours later.

Thanks in advance.

K54
K54

Re: Time "Window" for Cleansing After Enemy Tricks

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:50 pm

K54,

Good question!

Hoodoo is a set of folk beliefs, not a set of game rules.

How long after you dig in the mud can you walk around before taking a bath?

How long after changing the oil on your car can you go before you want to wash up?

Personally, i don't like to walk around in a spiritually unclean state. I want to finish my work by cleaning up afterwards.

Your mileage may vary.

What i would do is carry a small bottle of prepared cleansing tea -- such as Hyssop and Van Van or an herbal tea, diluted, and after laying the Hot Foot trick at work, go into the bathroom and wash your hands and face with the prepared bath-tea.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Purification after Intranquility Spell?

Unread postby NENA1182004 » Tue May 12, 2009 8:12 pm

Would I need to Purify Myself(Hyssop) after doing the Intranquility Spell :?:

Thanks
Nena
NENA1182004

Re: Purification after Intranquility Spell?

Unread postby Turnsteel » Tue May 12, 2009 8:17 pm

Oh yes. Intranquility is not a nice spell, what with calling a spirit wondering hell you bedevil someone and all that. Definitely cleans yourself with Hyssop and the 51 psalm.
Turnsteel

Unread postby NENA1182004 » Tue May 12, 2009 9:10 pm

Ok great thanks for answering.!!!
NENA1182004

Unread postby msg33 » Wed May 13, 2009 2:52 am

whoa, didn't know you needed to use hyssop for this spell

that's good to know
msg33

Cleansing after break-up spell

Unread postby ccrinc » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:53 pm

I have been with a man for close to 2 years now, he was living separately from his kid's mom and the divorce is not final. she has since decided that she wants them to be together, and despite the fact that he and I are happy short the confusion with this, he says he is confused because there is so much history. I have never doubted his love for me I just need to get rid of this woman the confusion and guilt she heaps upon him. If i do some sort of break up spell will i have to do some sort of cleansing myself? what can i do so that we can go back to our happy life together.
ccrinc

Re: Baby Mama Drama pending divorce??

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:23 am

I always recommend doing a cleansing after doing harsh or aggressive spells, such as break-up, crossing, ht-footing, or goofering.

You may want to get a reading on the subject, too -- and ask your reader the question, "Is she doing something to confuse his mind -- or is he palying you while he gets back together with her?"
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Cleansing for every work?

Unread postby mabel » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:40 am

Hi,

May I know is it necessary to bath with hyssop everytime I shake my vinegar jar? Or once is suffice, meaning only on the very first time the jar was created?
mabel

Re: Cleansing for every work?

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:59 am

Well since you are constantly cursing the person or people you have put in the jar I would do constant cleansing, not every single time you shake it. I would do a bath once a month(I do this anyways lol) and wash your hands with a spiritual soap after every time you shake the jar until you dispose of it, hopefully by burring it will they will walk over it.
Turnsteel

Unread postby mabel » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:47 pm

Thanks Hail.....is it ok to cleanse myself with sea salt instead as I do not have hyssop readily available...?
mabel

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:57 pm

You should really order some Hyssop then. Its traditional and very effective.
Turnsteel

Cleansing work for Black Poppet doll?

Unread postby mabel » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:58 pm

Hi,

May I ask is it necesary to do cleansing bath when doing black work using black poppet doll? And how frequently one needs to do cleansing?
mabel

Unread postby mabel » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:59 pm

Thanks again Hail. I did order but am running outta it, and as u know it takes a while for items from LM to arrive...so in the meantime is there anything I can work with?
mabel

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:00 pm

Yeah sure, try the sea salt.
Turnsteel

Unread postby mabel » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:04 pm

Thanks! ;-)
mabel

Re: Cleansing work for Black Poppet doll?

Unread postby Lukianos » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi mabel,

Yes, you should put down protection for yourself before doing negative works (whether with a popet or otherwise), and be sure to cleanse yourself after doing the work. Once the negative work is finished and you have cleansed yourself, you're done. If you will be doing the work over multiple days, it is a good idea to cleanse yourself each day after you have done that day's negative work.
Lukianos

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:30 pm

If using the 13 Herb Bath for cleaning etc... is it a good idea to use Fiery Wall of protection as well?
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Lukianos » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi jwmcclin,

I wouldn't mix Firey Wall of Protection directly with 13 herb bath, because the two products are doing very different things. The 13 herb bath clears undesirable things away. Firey Wall of Protection puts up a barrier against things coming in (or to a certain extent, going out). The usual order of these operations is: cleanse first, then protect the now-clean person or area. Applying protection before or during the cleansing will only hinder the thorough cleansing of the person or space. That said, I would have no reservation about doing a 13 herb bath to cleanse, and then following that with an application of Firey Wall of Protection oil or sachet.
Lukianos

Unread postby path2success » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:06 pm

Hi Elknapp,I'm slightly confused. Shouldn't it be ok to keep cleansing oneself regularly with hyssop r spiritual bath while keeping a fiery wall of protection vigil candle burning?

I am working with a doll & a vin. jar so I need to cleanse myself regularly but I also need to protect myself so I cannot wait to cleanse everytime to light the vigil candle.

Can you please advice?
path2success

Unread postby Lukianos » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi path2success,

Ok, clarification! (And important when designing ongoing, as opposed to one-off, negative works). For ongoing negative work, yes, you need to have both ongoing protection and regular cleansing. A multi-day Firey Wall of Protection candle set _in advance_ of the negative work is a good option for the ongoing protection part. A hyssop bath (or similar cleansing) is an excellent idea after each day's working of the jar. The main idea is that the protection work and the cleansing work are separate workings--they are not combined into one single product or mix, for example. And the overall order of working goes: Protection--Negative work--Cleansing--Protection (repeat each day as you go).

Does this make sense?
Lukianos

Unread postby path2success » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:32 pm

Thanks Elknapp! Understood it now :)
path2success

Cleansing Questions; How Often

Unread postby lachina » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:00 am

I don't know how else to word the thread, but i have questions about how often to do cleansing.

i'm fairly new to hoodoo i've only been practicing for about 4 months, and the first thing i did was to cleanse myself and what a difference it made. I also did some prosperity work and it also worked.

i have also done some work for my sister which has gotten great results, (honey jar, reconcillation candle, laying powders and sugars, salts) well as soon as her issues were resloved -3 weeks time- it seems that i was at square one with my "luck"

i know that you have to protect yourself when doing negative work, but this was love work, how often do you have to cleanse or is that always a given?

this morning i took a hyssop bath and i feel the difference, i was just puzzled by the whole energy thing, i have researched the topic on here and didn't come up with anything.
lachina

Re: Giving away your luck?

Unread postby Devi Spring » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:24 am

You might want to think about your own energetic stamina. Doing spellwork takes alot of one's own energy. Different people have different amounts of stamina that they have - some can work everyday and be fine. Other people need to take breaks between jobs to recoup their energy. Magical stamina is like any other exercise, the more you practice, the more you're likely to build up your stamina. However, at the beginning it is very easy to over-exert yourself since you don't know your limits.

I would say that maybe you are doing too much work back to back. If your own energies are run down it leaves you open to being effected negatively. Just like if you physically exhaust yourself and don't give your body time to recouperate, you leave yourself open to getting sick. So cleansings are good - but you need to make sure you are energetically rested enough. So you need to know your limits.

Also, you don't just cleanse and protect when doing negative work. If you are working regularly - whether it be good or bad work - you need cleansings and protections. Doing magical work attracts spiritual attention, both on the subtle planes and the physical, so you have to keep up a strong boundary and keep yourself clean within it.

But to be sure what's going on you'd really need to get a reading with a worker. You can find good ones through the AIRR.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:57 am

Excellent advice...Devi...
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby lachina » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Thanks for the advice. It makes sense cause as soon as I got back home I felt worn out i will take the advice thanks so much
lachina

Unread postby Turnsteel » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:25 am

Devi as usual has given great advise. I would like to add oe more thing for you to think about, ot everyone can do every kind of spell work. Some people are not gifted for love work for example and some people just can't seem to make spells work for themselves. If this is the case there is usually not much you can do. But before you freak out take Devi's advise and take your time and I bet you do just fine. :)
Turnsteel

Unread postby Devi Spring » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:39 am

I have to say, and I know this isn't hoodoo at all, but something that really helped me conserve my personal energy stores when doing spellwork was learning Reiki. If you get a good Reiki Master to teach you, you will be carefully instructed and trained in how to get good at running energy THROUGH you and not FROM you. This skill is great for healing work - but it is also extremely beneficial in spellwork.

Now, I'm not talking about running Reiki energy into spells. I know some people do that, and I do it for healing/blessing work, but generally I don't use it in my magic. It's the skill of learning how to be a conduit for energy. So you can tap into the energy around you - the planetary energy of the day, the energy being given off in the incense smoke, the energy from the earth, etc - and run that into your spells. You end up using alot less of your own personal energy that way. You still use some, for sure. But alot less than before. I'm still tired after I work, but not nearly as exhausted as I used to be before I started tapping into the energy around me and running it through me as a "power source".

I'm not saying you need to take Reiki to learn this skill - that's just where I got really good at it 10 years ago. But it's something to think about and practice. Being able to tap into and run various energy through you and direct them at will is a huge part of really successful magical practice in my opinion. It allows you to move alot more "stuff" around, then if you're just relying on your own little energy stores.

A good book that talks about just this kind of thing is "Sorcerer's Secrets" by Jason Miller aka Inominandum. You can learn how to do it through the exercises in that book, so you don't have to go out and learn Reiki if that's not of interest to you (and so many Reiki Masters really don't cover the material well enough anyway, sadly). Plus the info in the book is really helpful to a magical practice in general.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MadameKoiteh » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:03 pm

Peace to All,
Devi, thanks for that info, I'm definitely going to follow up on that. Sonia, I just wanted to add a little bit that I've learned about hyssop. I don't know if it's here in the archives, but hyssop is considered by many to be a "stripper" of astral debris, so powerful that it actually can leave your aura in a condition similar to a vacuum. So many people follow up their hyssop baths with something uplifting or protective, like Florida Water, an oil, or something else to replenish the astral body... kind of like when you take a bath in strong soap, you want to put lotion on afterwards to soothe your skin and protect it. I hope this is of some use to you. Many Blessings..
MadameKoiteh

Unread postby lachina » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:33 pm

Thanks I also add road opener to my bath. I'm moving and all the pieces are starting to fall into place but I feel like I need that extra umph. Lol. After I got back frlorida where I'm moving back to I felt spiritually drained!! I believe it's cause I did 3 spells for my sister in a matter of 2 days!! They all worked , but I know now that I have to take it easy! Some of it was love work and some of it was also protection -considering that's where I'm going to go live- and one of the worked too well!! My sister even mentioned it, she was a little surprised at the fast results.

The main thing I'm concentrating now is getting there safe - we are 16 hours away- and also making it with enough$$$. I know that it will all work out
lachina

How to stay protected/cleansed during Reversing work?

Unread postby flamethrower » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:52 am

Within the last two days I had a Reversing candle lit at the Missionary Independent Spiritual Church. Based on a recent reading with Miss Cat, I know the work is justified.

My plans were to do a cleansing bath prior to the candle being lit and after it extinguished, and to have a St. Michael candle anointed with Fiery Wall of Protection lit the entire time. I always read Psalm 23 daily.

Somehow I don't think that is enough because I got in a freak accident yesterday, and I can't get my face wet until everything heals. I did an egg cleansing a few hours ago, and plan on lighting another St. Michael candle once this one extinguishes next week.

I have both the 13-herb bath and hyssop bath. Which is the best one to use for this situation, and is it ok to pour it from the neck down?

Is burning a St. Michael candle for protection, smudging the house with sage, and doing a cleansing bath every day sufficient while the Reversing candle is burning?

Yeah, so much for taking a break. :(
flamethrower

Re: How to stay protected/cleansed during Reversing work?

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:06 am

I still consider this a break. I mean doing my breaks I still do protection work and cleansing work just not the more in depth stuff.

Well, I am so sorry to hear that you got into a care accident. I absolutely love St. Michael, and he has aided me so well when it comes to protection for myself, and others. I have seen what he does when someone tries to mess with anyone that I petition on their behalf. He is pretty fierce. So believe that he will protection you. Smudging the house, and you can even clean with some ammonia, or even pinesol to help cleanse the floors. A cleansing bath every day will most definitely help as well. So I think you are great with that. Also, feel free to wear a St. Michael pendant or have his prayer card with you as well, to keep on you at all times.

As for the bath, you can bathe from the neck down, and rub and egg gently over your face as to cover that area. If you want, you can even smudge yourself lightly by passing your face through the smoke or whatever.

Furthermore, you should be doing some kinds of protection and cleansing all the time rather than just when the reversing candle is burning. I mean you can cleanse your entire house, and cleanse yourself once a week. whatever works for you. And reinforce your protection constantly by burning St. Michael candles every Tuesday, or every day. That is up to you

I truly hope you feel better, and get some rest to help yourself heal.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby flamethrower » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Thanks for your response, Starsinthesky7! I didn't get in a car accident, tho. My freak accident involved my face and a falling tree branch! It would be one thing if it involved my hand or foot, but my face?! I immediately thought of the Reversing candle when it happened.

I haven't worked with St. Michael in a long time, so thank you for reinforcing my faith in his aid.
flamethrower

Unread postby freegirl » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:11 pm

I've been doing reversing work too and have also felt the need for more protection... have fiery wall of protection candles going, have done 13 herb baths and am looking at more aggressive work too. My sense is that if the person throwing at you is really determined you need more than reversing.
freegirl

Unread postby flamethrower » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi Freegirl,
This is the first time I've had a Reversing candle lit on this person, so I'm quite interested in seeing what happens. On my part, I lit a white uncrossing candle a few hours ago, and plan on lighting a Reversing candle tonight to add strength to the one burning at the MISC. Oh, just got a sign...the person's first name just showed up on a movie subtitle as I'm typing this reply! Nothing else on the TV screen, just the person's name!

Considering my situation (which I'm sure is different from your's), I have faith this is the perfect kick in the @ss. Judging by my facial boo boos and throbbing headache, I obviously underestimated this person's vitriol. Now I know better than to think a cleansing bath before and after the candle burn is sufficient. Uncross, cleanse, and protect DAILY.
flamethrower

Unread postby freegirl » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:19 pm

I wear protection oil daily (can't say I do cleansing baths every day but 13 day baths and hyssop a few times help). I also have a seal of solomon pendant and am waiting for one from LM. :)

While I've seen some things happening that show me it's still ongoing, they haven't quite "hit," for example, the graphics card on my computer went on the fritz on a day I really needed my computer, BUT the apple store got me the data I needed so I could work on my other (old) laptop-- and then miraculously they had a graphics card and fixed it that day! that's the best example so far... evidence of it going on but not able to damage me that much. I notice too reversing candles I burn at home puff little puffs as they burn. Also, when I'm beseiged by negative thoughts, I start the candle and the thoughts vanish, pouf. Good luck to you!
freegirl

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:02 pm

Oh wow, Im sorry to hear about your encounter with a tree. That is pretty random. I would definitely throw this person in a mirror box, and make a baby doll...bind it, and then put them in the mirror box. I would just keep cleansing yourself, as you protect yourself.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:41 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your accident. While doing reversal work you should take into consideration if the person you are working on has protection. If so this can cause a bit of trouble for you.

It is perfectly fine to do cleansing baths by pour down your neck so you don't get your face or hair wet.

In addition to cleansing baths consider putting up regular protection and even keeping some of that on you. Since Reversal is the name of the game, consider setting up a few mirror that have been five spotted with a protection oil and some Reversal while you pray that whatever is sent your way is sent right back to its originator.

Thoroughly cleanse your house and space to clear out any messes and tricks that've been laid down.

Follow this up by protecting your house by burning some Protection or FWP incense, sprinkle Salt in the four corners, or Camphor cubes, or Bay leaves. Bay leaves are great in situations like this because they ensure that your work doesn't get send back against you and also protects you from getting jinxed while you are doing your work.

Also take that protection with you on the go by either investing in a talisman or by wearing protection oils as a scent.

Finally, if you work with Saints like Saint Michael then consider Saint Cyprian as well if the person you are dealing with a fellow spellcaster.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby freegirl » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:51 pm

what would you consider for Saint Cyprian-- a vigil or something else?
freegirl

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Saint Cyprian can be petitioned like other saints. Some people use a 7-day candle and other use a free-standing candle. I know that LM carries a few St. Cyprian products that you could include in your petitions. I believe they also have fixed and dressed St. Cyrpian candles.

There are a few people who say that you shouldn't work with saints unless your Catholic, but Saint Cyprian is one of those figures that is a bit different. I don't work with Saints very often as the tradition I work with didn't have that Catholic influence, but St. Cyprian was one of the ones that I do work with. He's patron of occultists and magicians and can be called upon to aid you against another spellcaster, demons, and to help control spirits. There is even a tradition of working with him to help deal with Santa Muerte.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby freegirl » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Very interesting; would that be true also against people who are naturally doing this as opposed to people consciously throwing tricks?
freegirl

Unread postby flamethrower » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:06 pm

Thanks ConjureMan for the great info! This nasty situation has been brewing for a few years, so I'm chomping at the bit to see the effects of the Reversing candles. Every bit of advice re: protection is highly appreciated.
flamethrower

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:25 pm

Freegirl, If the person is attacking you through magical means St. Cyprian is your man. That means even if it is a result of natural talent. For example if the person doesn't consciously follow any magical tradition, but they have a great deal of natural talent and they send an imprecatory prayer against you or curse you then St. Cyprian can help, I've worked with him in a situation like that and he turned things right around.

Flamthrower, I'm sorry to hear about this gathering storm. Keep yourself protected and cleansed and know that my prayers go out to you. I'll light a candle for you on my altar tonight.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby stelselv » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:18 pm

is there a magic to counter attack reversal spells??? i have been attacked terriblily when i try to light a reversal candle for my attackers, i always get an opposite reaction... my enemies must be heavily gaurded with protection and reversal magic... can a rootworker or is there a more powerful spell to counter attack a reversal spell, depending on how the spell is done???????

thanks
stelselv

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:39 pm

Stelselv,

Yes, there are magical spells to counter-attack reversal spells. This is what seems to have happened to flamethrower -- her simple reversal spell was mirrored back to her. In other words, she had no idea how well prepared the target was, or how well defended. The accident was a very clear sign that the target was not going to tolerate being reversed upon. Now she will have to up the ante, so to speak, and go to the next level of reversal work (such as a mirror box).
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby freegirl » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:39 pm

My reversal candle at Lucky Mojo practicall EXPLODED, Nicole said. Is this the same thing?
freegirl

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:32 pm

Uh, yeah -- that would be interpreted as someone counter-attacking. Big time.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby freegirl » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:19 pm

That's what I thought. Fortunately I also have FWP going there and those are going well, as well as at home, and some other items. I did not know before this that reversing could be blocked. Counter-attacking the counter-attack, as it were! Well-- live and learn. Thanks!!
freegirl

what can happen if you dont cleanse?

Unread postby wraithklewn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:10 pm

say you do "black" spells and dont cleanse. does it inhibit the effectiveness of the spell?

my reasoning to ask is... if your are doin bad works wouldnt being angry and hateful or whatever be more intensified by not cleansing?
HRCC Graduate # 1684G
Thank you St. Michael for your fierce protection
wraithklewn

Re: what can happen if you dont cleanse?

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:14 pm

wraithklewn,

I suppose it would depend on your moral sensibilities. If you like walking around dirty, then go for it.

However, i will note that --

1) Based on my long experience as a practitioner and a reader for others who practice, i find that those who intend to stay "angry and hateful" (your words) tend to become obsessed with the negative aspects of life in general, and not only do they get sucked into the continual performance of hostile magic, their outer lives tend to attract hostility, anger, and hatefulness on the mundane level.

2) Conjure is primarily a Judeo-Christian form of folk magic, which means that most of us want to get right with God. Your mileage may vary.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: what can happen if you dont cleanse?

Unread postby ablake » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:22 pm

wraithklewn,

Do you understand the purpose of cleansing? And protection when doing any type of work?

Also don't think that your work will be successful or have lasting results without cleansing and protecting yourself. Especially if you want to help another person such as your ex.

From previous post I know you are very new to Hoodoo. Take time to read catherine yronwode's free online book : http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html

Just remember knowledge is power...
ablake

Next

• Advertisement
Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to Ask Us for Conjure Help with Cleansing, Health, Healing, and Blessings