Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Jinx Curse Hex Cross Questions and Answers

roar1

General Jinx Curse Hex Cross Questions and Answers

Unread post by roar1 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:19 pm

I was going to be doing crossing/jinxs work to aid and strenghten some work being done at LM.

I found a spell in the archives for which I have all of the material readily at hand. I didn't necessarily want to perform it in my house so I wouldn't have to cleanse the area.

Can I perform it outside on a neighbouring property that isn't mine and just protect myself ?

Thank you.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Crossing and jinxs work

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:43 pm

Yes, you can.
catherine yronwode

roar1

Re: Crossing and jinxs work

Unread post by roar1 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:19 am

Thank you.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Difference in confusion and inflammatory confusion

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:18 pm

Can someone please explain the difference between confusion and inflammatory confusion...
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Turnsteel

Re: Difference in confusion and inflammatory confusion

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:57 pm

Confusion is simply confusion, Inflammatory Confusion is a bit more mean, it will make people confused and angry.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Difference in confusion and inflammatory confusion

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:00 pm

Thanks Hail...

parcae777

Clarification on getting peppercorns into the candle.

Unread post by parcae777 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:56 pm

I want to do the 99 peppercorn into a red candle spell tonight for my sister ... my question is putting the peppercorns into the candle isn't the easiest thing to do ... any advice on that.. I know this is a silly question but I'm bound and determined to get this work done. 8-)

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator
Re: Clarification on getting peppercorns into the candle.

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Hmm, if I remember correctly the 99 peppercorns were used with a black candle in a crossing and banishing spell.

Take a heated nail and melt holes into the candle and stick the peppercorn while its still warm so it sticks and solidfies as it cools. It's a tricky process and takes time and patience, but keep at it.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

stelselv

Unread post by stelselv » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:34 am

Hmm, if I remember correctly the 99 peppercorns were used with a black candle in a crossing and banishing spell.
Sound good, i could use a black crucifix candle and also dust all the negative powders on it..

does it make difference from using 9 peppercorns to 99 peppercones or just sprinkling grated peppercones on the candle :?: :?: :?:

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:56 am

stelselv wrote:
does it make difference from using 9 peppercorns to 99 peppercones or just sprinkling grated peppercones on the candle :?: :?: :?:
Yes it does, there all different. Taking the time, and it takes a lot of time, to meticulously fix a candles with 99 perfect black peppercorns is of course different then just haphazardly dusting it with some of the same as a powder, you'll get different affects because one has you really concentrating, and the other is almost the easy way out. The spell says 99 black pepper corns and a whole bottle of Crossing oil, I can tell you from experience that it is a powerful spell, as long as you do it right and don't try to take the easy way out.

Good Luck.

stelselv

Unread post by stelselv » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:26 am

Thanks HD for clearing that up, is the spell on LM site??? and i don't have crossing oil but i hope i can use, damnation, break up, hot foot, sulfur and graveyard dirt on my black crucifix candle... ... and can i burn the candle in 1 day or for 9 days?????

so i will put the names of my attacker and my petition under the candle and ''cook up a storm''... Appreciate your reply...
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:26 am

stelselv wrote:Thanks HD for clearing that up, is the spell on LM site??? and i don't have crossing oil but i hope i can use, damnation, break up, hot foot, sulfur and graveyard dirt on my black crucifix candle... ...
Um, not sure if its anywhere on the site, but its in Miss cat's book Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic.

path2success

How to make someone lose a laptop or spoil it

Unread post by path2success » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:59 pm

How to make someone have their laptop taken away by their company or to spoil it so that they have to go to office to work on a desktop and will be unable to work from home? Or any other way also to ensure that the person is in office throughout the day. Can any magic be done in this aspect? There is no physical contact so I need to rely on candle spells.

chy clayton s

Re: How to make someone lose a laptop or spoil it

Unread post by chy clayton s » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:05 pm

I took a picture of a the same brand of laptop as my target had - used a sharpie to personallize the picture - and threw into a ziplock of water and then into the freezer. Computers are very susceptable to freezer spells. ;)

kmew1315
Forum Member

Unread post by kmew1315 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:53 pm

chy clayton s wrote:I took a picture of a the same brand of laptop as my target had - used a sharpie to personallize the picture - and threw into a ziplock of water and then into the freezer. Computers are very susceptable to freezer spells. ;)
Did it work?
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:11 pm

wow never thought of that! thanks! i don't know his brand nevertheless I'm going to take a laptop pic & try it

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:05 pm

could a variation of a spell be used to make someones drum kit have something happen to it?
HRCC Graduate # 1684G
Thank you St. Michael for your fierce protection

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:43 pm

Well, I think the thought behind this trick was that laptops are prone to freezing up. So doing a freezer spell on one is pretty clever and works on an established weakness of a particular kind of technology. Drum kits don't really freeze like computers do, unless perhaps you're talking about a digital set or drum machine. Then perhaps the same thing might work - though I've never been around a d-drum or drum machine that froze before.

If you can think of a weakness that the kit has, then you could exploit it in a creative way.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:54 pm

its a regular drum set not digital. i do want to affect it in a negative way somehow. this one stumps me good
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

doughnut_hand

Unread post by doughnut_hand » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:39 pm

im no expert. but for the drum kit im thinking using the same idea. take a photo of a drum kit and poke holes and tear it apart and maybe burn it?

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:01 pm

doughnut_hand wrote:im no expert. but for the drum kit im thinking using the same idea. take a photo of a drum kit and poke holes and tear it apart and maybe burn it?
An interesting idea. Consider dressing a black candle with Destruction oil and using its flame to burn holes i the photo, then set the photo under the candle or at its base to burn out.

robynrawr
Forum Member
Jinx vs. Crossing, Jinx Killer vs. Uncrossing

Unread post by robynrawr » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:00 pm

What is the difference in these two branches?

If I burnt a black candle on someone dressed with Jinx, what would happen differently than if I burned a black candle with Crossing?
And vice versa?

Thanks for any help! :)

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Jinx vs. Crossing, Jinx Killer vs. Uncrossing

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:14 pm

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Maybe Miss cat can talk to it, but I believe orginally jinx was something that a person did by burning candles on you and crossing specifically referred to having someone "cross" something across your path. The terms seem more or less synonymous now a days, however.

I believe the formulas are slightly different, but with similar intents.

I may be mistaken, however.

robynrawr
Forum Member

Unread post by robynrawr » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:23 pm

Ah, thank you both. jwmcclin, I had never read the jinxing part of that page before. ConjureMan, I did figure they came to mean the same thing now, or at least they had for me.

Malefic

Vengeance on a person who didn't mean harm

Unread post by Malefic » Thu May 06, 2010 10:07 pm

I've got a tricky little case here... I went to the doctor for a routine test that was recommended, no warnings of complications or side effects were given because I guess usually nothing goes wrong, but in this case something went wrong and it is a great burden on me. I am sure the doctor didn't mean harm, but I still want to punch her in the face and break her teeth out. Is there maybe some light spell for revenge? All I can think of is the guilt spell using mimosa but I don't have any of those growing near me.

sweetie

Re: Vengeance on a person who didn't mean harm

Unread post by sweetie » Thu May 06, 2010 10:39 pm

All the sweet satisfaction of revenge, with zero calories and no aftertaste? Sorry, I don't have one, but I feel for you. I suppose you could do a mirror spell or reversal in the hopes that she'll identify with your situation, but if you feel that's too harsh and your heart isn't into it then don't do it.

kmew1315
Forum Member

Unread post by kmew1315 » Fri May 07, 2010 1:21 am

Personally, I think it might be a better idea to do some healing work on YOURSELF to get over not just whatever happened, but the emotional trauma that it's obviously caused you. I'm not sure doing a revenge spell on someone who not only meant you no harm, but was trying to do good for you is the best course of action. And as far as guilt - she may very well already have it. I couldn't imagine being a doctor and having people's health be dependent on me the way it is for them.
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

cognitivedissonance

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Fri May 07, 2010 3:47 pm

A honey jar spell would probably be a good way to tackle it, since you've likely got good intentions and so did this person. Just use the honey jar to "sweeten" the situation so that maybe they come to recognize what happened. You likely also might need to understand that the concept of the second law of thermodynamics is ALWAYS in play in ANY medical situation, there's never any guarantee of anything except gravity.

I've found it's very BAD to wish vengeance on medical people. They've all sworn an oath to Aesclepius, whether they believe in him or not, and that makes them his priests in doing his good work. This is the original purpose of the Hippocratic Oath. Aesclepius is one of the powers you ALWAYS want on your side, and don't offend him.

J Simulcik

Unread post by J Simulcik » Fri May 07, 2010 5:15 pm

I agree with Kevin, this is all about calming and healing yourself emotionally. LM sells a Blessing spell kit that would be good I think. http://www.luckymojo.com/spell-blessing.html

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat May 08, 2010 1:49 pm

If you are that emotionally distraught and burdened by this, then file a complaint with the hospital. I mean this is like taking tylenol and knowing all the side effects on the back of the box. You may not feel the side effects at all the first time, but the next time you did. Either way you were informed, and you have to proceed at your own rick. It would have been different if they didnt tell you them at all. In this case, would you want to get revenge on the company that sold you the medicine? NO you re not. Like you just said, you were informed of the possible side effects, and you just happen to be apart of the possible side effects. Like everyone said do some calming work and healing and learn from this lesson.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

edallas1989

Pins & Needles v. crossed conditions

Unread post by edallas1989 » Wed May 12, 2010 7:45 pm

If someone takes my photo or a piece of my hair and puts it in a jar with pins and needles is that the same as being crossed? I was under the impression that being crossed meant having a trick laid down in an X pattern or powders put in the shoe for one to step on. If someone puts your hair on a doll or in a jar with pins and needles whats that called? Or is that still the same as crossing someone? If they are different than how does one remove pins and needle magic (roots?) being practiced against them? Sorry this message seems a little scattered but I hope my point is being made clearly just lack the terminology. Thanks

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Pins & Needles v. crossed conditions

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed May 12, 2010 7:48 pm

edallas1989

Unread post by edallas1989 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:04 pm

So the correct term would be "throwed after"?

edallas1989

Unread post by edallas1989 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:15 pm

The reason I ask all of this is because I've been having visions of someone working against me and my partner. In the vision there is a jar with pins and needles in it and our picture in it with black candles around. The uncrossing spells and road openers I have done help in other aspects of my life but I still can't help but feel there is still some kind of block or binding being done. Me and my boyfriend are doing pretty well for the most part but we don't seem to be progressing together, we havent accomplished any of our goals that we had planned. Were still where we were 2 years ago, with not much progression. We both try, but can't get ahead. We want to buy a house, we want to buy a car, we want regular full time jobs, but to no avail there just isnt enough money and always some sudden expense or immediate need coming up. This causes strain between the two of us as we then accuse each other of not working hard enough or not doing our part or squandering money etc. I dont mean to go on and on but I know someone is up to something and my spells for road opening, uncrossing, and protecting seem to work for a short while, (or help in other aspects of life) but then things revert back to where they were. Any advice? Thanks.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu May 13, 2010 6:27 am

You should get a reading to determine if your intuitions about being worked against are true or not before doing anything. The worker will be able to help you determine how to go about bettering your situation, too, whether you're actually being crossed, or whether its crossed conditions brought on by something else.

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate
to cross or to reverse..lasting implication?

Unread post by wraithklewn » Thu May 27, 2010 2:46 pm

so im sitting here pondering of the effects of both of these conditions. id like to put one of these to some good use. now for sure i know that any job done on a target if detected by divination or other means can be undone by uncrossing and etc.

so reversing is the "get a taste of your own medicine" but after the target gets that medicine taste does it end right after? what i mean is there wouldnt be any ongoing effects after like crossing can do?
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: to cross or to reverse..lasting implication?

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu May 27, 2010 4:12 pm

Reversing sends everything that person sent to you, back to them. Once the balance is evened, it's over.

If you're using a mirror box to reverse ongoing work against a person, then as long as they send crap to you, it will be reversed back to them (providing they don't protect against it).

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Thu May 27, 2010 4:15 pm

thanks Devi i figured thats how it works with reversing but wanted to be completely sure. hmm guess ill have to go with both on this one. this target is more then deserving of it.
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Fri May 28, 2010 9:07 pm

for a petition for a reversal do i have to be specific on what i want reversed? i want the same things happen to them as did me. but if i made the petition out for all of it it would be very long.
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri May 28, 2010 9:22 pm

wraithklewn wrote:for a petition for a reversal do i have to be specific on what i want reversed? i want the same things happen to them as did me. but if i made the petition out for all of it it would be very long.
"All the evil you have done unto me (name goes here) so shall it be done unto you, in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost Amen"

Feel free to adapt it to suit you views on the divine but thats a good prayer and petition of reversal.

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Fri May 28, 2010 9:29 pm

thanks HD. i was a bit worried on making out a really long petition. however id like to kick it up a notch. i dont assume that it will automatically be me in the situation..but what id really like is the situations that happened to me be reversed onto the target but id like to be the one involved in it.

for further explaination... someone sneaked behind my back to some other person. what id want is for the sneaking person to go behind the targets back to me. is that worth trying to petition?
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri May 28, 2010 10:38 pm

For reversal work some rootworkers say simply state all the evil to be reversed back unto your enemy and leave it up to Spirit to mete out the right justice. You don't have to make the petition too elaborate, simply pray that all the harm and evil done to you is reversed back unto that person.

DrXTheRebirth
Forum Member

Unread post by DrXTheRebirth » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:25 pm

ConjureMan wrote:For reversal work some rootworkers say simply state all the evil to be reversed back unto your enemy and leave it up to Spirit to mete out the right justice. You don't have to make the petition too elaborate, simply pray that all the harm and evil done to you is reversed back unto that person.

What if you don't know the persons or people involved?
Thank you St. Anthony, Ancestors and Expedite.

thelightfantastic
Forum Member

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:31 pm

CallMeDrX wrote:

What if you don't know the persons or people involved?
You would state something like "Send back evil to all my enemies or those who are seeking to harm me".
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

DrXTheRebirth
Forum Member

Unread post by DrXTheRebirth » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Thanks
Thank you St. Anthony, Ancestors and Expedite.

candis

Do you consider this cursing someone?

Unread post by candis » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:41 am

I've been having some challenges with relationships etc. and I am thinking back to a few people in my family that would say to me " that relationship is not going to work", this is everytime I used to tell them about someone new. They would also say things like "oh you're going to end up being alone", etc.

Do you consider this a cursing someone? It sounds that way to me.

Would you put these persons names on a reversal candle?

Thanks.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator
Re: Do you consider this cursing someone?

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:11 am

Cursing is defined by the intent of the individual as well as their ability to bring spiritual force behind it. When someone says, "You will end up alone" and they mean it then it can definately be a curse, especially if they have a way of getting Spirit to hear them. A lot of people say hurtful things and that doesn't necessarily mean that it is a curse, rather it is negativity that they are sending you. In either case cleansing/uncrossing work may be in order to help rid you of past hold ups.

Also bear in mind that definitions of curses are cultural. For example in cultures with belief in the Evil Eye, the feeling of envy can sometimes be enough to inadvertently send someone the Evil Eye.

butchcomer
HRCC Student
Re: Do you consider this cursing someone?

Unread post by butchcomer » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:17 am

candis!
In a sense, yes that would be considered a "curse" to me. I would take that almost like someone giving me the evil eye. No one likes to hear negative stuff. Don't let it bother you. I wouldn't send it back to them either; I personally wouldn't consider the work worth my time. Personally, I enjoy showering with magical soaps to wash away negative energy or comments sent my way. I just let them run down the drain & forget about them! LM carries soaps! I use Octagon frequently. Check out the soaps they might prove useful http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatsoaps.html
Wearing some van van as a personal scent is a good defense to letting petty negative comments sent your way "not stick" lol :)
Amulets are great to repel this sort of attack. I have a favorite piece of jewelry that I regularly smoke in appropriate LM Incense & annoint with oils and I find wearing that helps. I mean I can't make everybody wish me well all the time, but I choose not to let it bother me and rest confidently that I'm not cursed because I've employed various things like I've mentioned. Good luck with your relationships and everything else, too!

jazzie

What is the difference? Revenge v Crossing

Unread post by jazzie » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Hello folks,

I am not clear as to what is the difference between revenge and crossing and which one of these is more harmful.

For example, look at these three spells:

The lucky mojo spells archive has a revenge spell where you take a black figural candle, anoint it with crossing oil, blackberry leaves, goofer dust and hammer it down for a few days, then you bury it in the cemetery.

Then, there is another spell on cat's book, using four thieves vinegar, crossing oil, name paper around a dried red pepper, and cursing the person with 13 different curses for 13 days.

Then, there is the crossing spell kit. I don't know the details for this one, that is, what it entails. But, I do see a black skull candle in the web page picture.

I am curious, are these the same revenge/crossing? Will all of them have the same effect or is one more harmful than the other?

Thanks.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: What is the difference? Revenge v Crossing

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:11 pm

Revenge is working justice on someone who has done you wrong, (its payback-teaching them a lesson) and Crossing is causing bad luck, messing up a person's life, his work, his home, you name it.

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:32 pm

jwmcclin wrote:Revenge is working justice on someone who has done you wrong, (its payback-teaching them a lesson) and Crossing is causing bad luck, messing up a person's life, his work, his home, you name it.
i see. so, if you look at the three spells.

the first one, with the figural candle, would it be revenge or crossing?

the second one uses vinegar, i am not sure if vinegar is that strong. vinegar works seem to be more like revenge and not crossing. what i am asking is, is a vinegar jar under the category of crossing spells?

and the last one is obviously crossing.

it seems to me that crossing is more powerful than revenge, then. because revenge would be a payback-one time thing whereas crossing is to destroy that person for the rest of his or her life.

thanks

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:43 pm

jwmcclin wrote:Revenge is working justice on someone who has done you wrong, (its payback-teaching them a lesson) and Crossing is causing bad luck, messing up a person's life, his work, his home, you name it.
k, i have been reading and googling about revenge and crossing. although revenge and crossing seem to be different in definition. they still seem to have the same effect. i mean, i could use the crossing spell kit to take revenge against person.

i apologize that i am asking so many questions but i just don't see what is the difference in terms of effect between those three spells in the op.

thanks.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:18 pm

Crossing can be a form of revenge. I mean if someone pissed me off...I might want to cause them bad luck and give them what they deserve. I hope that makes sense. So causing someone bad luck...messing up their life and so on could be giving them what they deserve. However, crossing can be used to mess with someone that has not done anything to you....you just want to cause them harm, and mess up their life just because you can. It does not have to be justified, and it does not have to be for justice per se.

suzyparker

Destruction versus DUME

Unread post by suzyparker » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:47 am

I have done some reading on both the forum and the website regarding the two products. My questions are

1. Has anyone actually used one or the other, or both, and what were the varying outcomes

2. Why would you choose one over the other - they both seem fairly rough

I have a situation I am handling for someone that is completely unfair and involves a group of people. So I'm wondering which way to go. I know about vinegar jars, etc. but this client is insisting on hell hath no fury.

Any input or insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Destruction versus DUME

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:01 pm

Well, DUME means Death Unto My Enemies. Destruction can be devastating, but doesn't imply death.

So, one works to literally kill someone. And one works to bring destruction.

Use your judgement on which one is appropriate.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:09 pm

You can create quite a bit of fury with destruction, and crossing oils. I know chicory can pack an added punch when it comes to crossing work. Some other favorites of mine are asafoetida, walnut leaves, and goofer dust.

I would go with destruction and stay away from the DUME. I mean its no secret I like to get down and dirty BUT Killing someone? Eh...it would take someone to really piss me off to do that. You are going to have to rationalize for them and not let their anger get the best of the situation.

But if these people are unfair you can call upon some reversing and revenge products instead. I mean get them wrapped up in their own crap can be just as effective sometimes.

suzyparker

Unread post by suzyparker » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:45 pm

WOW.. for my own peace of mind I am not monkeying around with DUME. I think I'll convince her strongly about reversal work.. I have success with it and I have ZERO issues using it. Maybe Destruction, but I'm steering clear of the other.

Thanks for the input.

ariela
Forum Member

Unread post by ariela » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:56 pm

I'm not the expert but DUME may not necessarily kill but maybe hurt a person in other ways, like financially. It depends on what they did and how much you put into a spell. Am I right?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:01 pm

No. Death Unto My enemies...means exactly that DEATH! It can probably hurt them close to death, and literally cause them to physically die, but no...this is going to harm them.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Cursing, Crossing, Jinxing, and Revenge”