• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:41 pm

Birthday Rootwork Suggestions for a Great New Year

Do you do anything special for your birthday?

Unread postby eyeslikeapisces » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Today is my birthday (5th) (ever so close to 30 ick! just kidding) and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share anything special they perform for their birthday? I am going to put a petition at the bottom of a fresh pot of soil and plant some seeds in it once 12 o clock rolls around, nothing demanding just requesting good things for a new year that will hopefully manifest with the plant ;)

what about you?
eyeslikeapisces

Re: Do you do anything special for your birthday?

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:49 pm

Hi!

I hold a party before / near / on my birthday.

As a young woman i used to feel sad if people did not celebrate my birthday, due to childhood issues with an emotionally distant, negligent, and cold mother, so one year, in my 20s, when a friend of mine who did brilliant childrens' puppet theater work heard my sad tale of neglected birthdays (so unlike her happy childhood) and she held a festive child-centered birthday party for me, with cake and icecream, and a puppet show for all the kids of our young families.

I was so happy that i couldn't stop crying -- and i knew she wouldn't be able to do this for me every year (i haven't even seen her in 25 years!) so i just started doing it for myself. I told people i would provide all the food and beverages -- and i am blessed to have a sister who always brings a cake -- and we have a nice party.

It's not about me any more, just a nice spring day, with food.

Over the years, this annual event has grown from "cat's birthday party" to become the Lucky Mojo Open House ad Potluck party and a few years later, we grafted it onto the Annual Missionary Independent Spiritual Church Workshops in Hoodoo and Spiritual Spell-Casting. (You can see a banner ad for that at the top of these pages, whenever its turn comes around.)

Most people don't know that the whole event got started in 1974 at the Garden of Joy Blues commune on Star Route Three in Birch Tree, Missouri by a woman named Nancy Spaeder because a depressed 27 year old mom confided that she had never had a "real" bithday party as a kid. Thank you, Nancy Puppetladye! XXXoooXXX
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Birthday Rootwork Suggestions for a Great New Year

Unread postby Loved » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:20 am

Hi All,

I'd like to get suggestions on what to do to bring in a new personal year, a birthday. I'd really, really, really like this new year to be a whole lot better than the one that is ending ;)

If you have a ritual that you do for your birthday please share. :)

Thanks!
Loved

Re: Birthday Rootwork Suggestions for a Great New Year

Unread postby Devi Spring » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:56 am

Search "birthday" on the forum, as there has already been a thread on this topic that had lots of interesting answers.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Loved » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:38 pm

hmmmmm, well, I put birthday in the search box and lots on birthday candles and using someones birthday in your work, but not really much on things to do for a birthday.
But thanks for the suggestion. :)

Anyone else out there have a birthday ritual they'd like to share with me? :)
Loved

Unread postby jwmcclin » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:43 pm

I see what you mean, I typed in Birthday Rituals and received 10 pages, but take time to go thorough you will find great info and answer your question.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Loved » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:40 pm

lol...too funny...now when i type birthday rituals the only thing that comes up is your post jw!
lord a mercy, what am i doing wrong...lol
Loved

Birthday for a Child

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:01 pm

Good evening all and Greetings! Any suggestions on blessings for a child for a great year by using their Birthday-- ON THEIR BIRTHDAY.
I Bless my child often and say a prayer with Holy Water, and I also use LM Protection and LM Crown of Success -- OFTEN. I did a search for Birthday-- but I found nothing specific to the topic.
Thanks in advance.
Be Blessed.
---Triplethreat
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Re: Birthday for a Child

Unread postby ShadowyEmbrace » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:56 pm

Not sure but Happy Bday to your little one! :)
ShadowyEmbrace

Unread postby Loved » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:03 pm

Hi,
I asked a similar question a few days ago, but didn't really find any Birthday ritual either :(...
I can tell you that I decided to wake up early on my b-day, take a 7-herb bath, cleanse the house, simmered some lemongrass oil. I have a bottle spell that I will do tomorrow... Maybe doing a bottle spell, since the LM bottles are really cute and small, might be a good thing for a child. Maybe getting them a blessing bottle (spell) and letting them keep it their room after the candle burning. Explaining how special it is of course :). Or perhaps giving them a wishing bean, LM has quite a few different kinds.
I hope this helps and I wish your little one a very wonderful year :)
Loved

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:47 pm

I dressed a few Good Ones --and went with instict. LM Protection, (for obvious reasons) LM Crown of Success,(as dressing requires) and a little John the Conquerer (for leadership and talent-- and The World Can Be A Love-- Dream Big!!-- but do right and give back WHEN ya make it!!!) and of course--- Holy Water for Blessing and Prayer.
Thanks for wishes!
Be Blessed!!!
---Triplethreat
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby waterlily » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Below is one that Mari Jackson put on Myhoodoospace forum:

"Just some ideas--make a braid--ribbons, yarn in your favorite colors. as long as you are tall. Attach favorite cards, pictures, a piece of parchment with a goal written on it and annointed Hang it in your bedroom. The list of things you could add is endless--shells for the month Cancer--you could add as many cowries as you have had birthdays, Then, you could create a verse to go with it while you are creating it, or a song that has meaning for you. Something like this could be made quickly".

waterlily

Unread postby Loved » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi - Thanks for sharing...sounds like a great idea :)
Loved

Unread postby sassafrassblonde » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:25 pm

Actually, I've been doing the 'new' year thing for years. I'll be 45 on July 9, so here is some of it:
A few days before, clean the house, then CLEANSE the house.
2 nights before, typical beauty rituals, hair, toenails, fingernails, etc.
Night before, a 13 herb cleansing bath with anointed white candles, after a light supper, with soothing spiritual music playing the whole time. I use this 3 hours or so for myself, and everone knows to leave me alone. During and after my bath, a prayer for a truly blessed year to come. I feel so good after all this is done.

sassy
sassafrassblonde

Unread postby Loved » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:18 pm

That sounds divine :) I wish I had seen it sooner. Thank you for sharing.

What I ended up doing was...on the morning of:
I took the 7 herb bath with Spirit guide crystals sprinkled in and some drops of Clarity and Tranquil oil. I lit some green champa and soaked for a loooong time :)

Then afterwards I painted my nails - which is something I haven't done in a long time. Put on a pretty dress and took myself out. Went to an art exhibit, a fancy restaurant, and then to a play.

interestingly, after the bath I got a call from my big brother with some divine and timely advice - treat myself the way I want others to treat me. If I don't know what I like, then how will someone else know what to give me.

Oh, and a few days before my b-day, I got a reading with Miss Cat.

After all of the above - I've really been feeling good. Much happier than I have in a very, very long time. :) As a present to myself I ordered two mojos and I am so excited for their arrival.
Loved

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:32 pm

Annual work is a great idea. Picking a date like a birthday, the new years, or an anniversary can be significant in noting magical timing as well. I always do a "long" year reading for myself. I'll cast out the cards and do a bit of predictive astrology. After this I'll renew certain work from the year before. Some moving lodestone spells are washed off and redone, mojo hands are remade, the house is throughly cleansed followed by a a blessing and drawing wash.

After this the protections are renewed and things are tied down, nailed down, and kept in place.

It is a thorough, but rewarding process.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Loved » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:52 pm

Hi ConjureMan,

I really like the idea of renewing the work from the year before. And also the idea of renewing protections etc.
:). i'm just learning to read the cards...perhaps in a year I'll be good enough to do a long year reading.
Loved

birthday spells

Unread postby omgee123 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:21 pm

hey everyone tomarrow is my birthday and i was wondering if theres any wishing spells or anything to do on my birthday i was thinking this cuz i thought birthdays are a very strong and spiritual day
omgee123

Re: birthday spells

Unread postby Devi Spring » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:57 am

I'm merging your post into the thread on that very topic: birthday-rootwork-suggestions-for-a-great-new-year-t7200.html
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby donnamartin » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:21 pm

Planting seed on Birthday is very good idea. The plant Grows as we grow up. Its quite interesting. I haven't tried it yet, but on my coming birthday will definitely going to try it out.
donnamartin

Unread postby Nysunra » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:52 pm

Hello All,

I'd like to know any recommendations for a birthday ritual or blessing. I had a difficult past year and could use some positive energy as my solar return approaches. My wishes.. The areas I need sweetness in are:

1. Home (peaceful home needed, my neighbors are terrors)
2. Financial Prosperity
3. Love

I should also add my birthday falls on a full moon this year.

I wonder what I can do to aid my intentions to manifest success in these areas towards a blessed new year as I evolve.

Any advice or suggestion will be greatly appreciated !!

Thanks! :) \
Nysunra

Unread postby coastwitch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:46 pm

Happy upcoming birthday, Nysunra. I am not sure if this topic has ever been discussed here. I suppose it is a kind of New Year situation, but more personal. I do know thatmany people schedule readings (cards, horoscopes, or bone readings) on their birthday, to find out their luck for the coming year. Some readers give extra time allowance for the so-called "Birthday Special" reading.
coastwitch
coastwitch

Unread postby Sister Jean » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:46 am

Hello Nysunra,

Happy upcoming birthday! I really liked the suggestion that coastwitch gave you about getting a reading; I think around your birthday is a great time to do that.

I think some other auspicious things to do would be to do a Road Opener spell to open your roads for the coming year, as well as doing a wishing spell. You can read about both here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/roadopener.html
michael-gabriel-and-raphael-the-3-day-wishing-spell-t11901.html

Follow the Road Opener work with some Van Van work, to bring love, luck and all good things into your life:

http://www.luckymojo.com/vanvan.html

Lastly, if you want to do something about your awful neighbors, check out this thread:

spells-for-dealing-with-crazy-annoying-or-violent-neighbors-t865-360.html

Take care!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org
Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Nysunra » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:15 pm

Thanks so much!! I appreciate the advice I got so far! <3
Nysunra

Unread postby Miss Aida » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:57 pm

Happy Birthday, Nysunra!!!
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics