• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:05 pm

Disposal of Ritual Remains Questions and Answers

Unread postby xpoeticmutinyx » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:32 am

I was actually wondering what one generally does when they don't live near (i.e., walking distance) a crossroads at which to take the used bathwater and throw towards the sunrise in the east.

Also, how important is it that this step be followed to the t? If it's super important, I'll have to think really hard about how I'm going to deal with the logistics of this and potentially get creative of where I set-up this spell.

Thanks so much!
xpoeticmutinyx

Re: Disposing of Bath Water

Unread postby Lukianos » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:01 am

Hello--

Disposal of bath water from spiritual baths may be done in a number of ways.

Depending on the purpose of the bath, bath water (or some portion thereof) may be thrown in the home yard
or at a crossroads

* toward the rising sun (if bathing before dawn for something you are trying to draw into / increase in your life),

* toward the setting sun (for things you are trying to decrease / remove from your life),

* toward a tree (usually for things you are trying to get rid of, and usually after doing divination with the tree to see if it will help you)

In the old days, the metal bath tub was tipped in one direction (sunrise or sunset) and the water flowed out.

Also, if you truly are too far from a major crossroads to make use of it, look for smaller crossroads that may be more accessible--the crossing of 2 footpaths or sidewalks, for example. Some folks will save some of the bathwater in a jar or similar container, and then drive to a convenient crossroads to dispose of it.

In general, disposing of bath water in the prescribed manner (walking to a crossroads and throwing the bathwater into the middle of the crossroads toward the rising sun) does increase the effectiveness and strength of the work, and finishes it neatly. On the other hand, there are many situations where it is better to take the spiritual bath, even if you don't have a classical crossroads to work with, than it would be to take no bath at all. If nothing else, you always have the rising or setting sun.
Lukianos

Unread postby xpoeticmutinyx » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:47 am

Wow! That was SUPER helpful! Thanks so much!

I didn't even think to drive;). Also, I think there are some places around me that could be argued are paths crossing ... I think I was being too literal. Oops.
xpoeticmutinyx

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Crossroads are tough for me too. I generally throw mine out of my car window as I am driving. I drive slow and it looks like I am dumping out my bottled water. Since I am already on the left-hand side, it is not that difficult.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby Malefic » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:47 pm

I'll confess that, as for myself, I've not found the taking-water-to-crossroads (or less commonly, to a river) element of spiritual baths to make any noticable difference in their effect, and I have taken to omitting that step of the process entirely: but obviously many people find it helpful, and it is the traditional thing to do for sure. You could perhaps experiment to see if it's necessary for you.
Malefic

Bathing and Water Disposal Times

Unread postby sahjia » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:03 pm

hello this is sahjia. i really thank u for all the info that u sharing.

A for 13 herbs bath what time and day can be the best for a good result it to be done or the moon phase.

B and also a good time for disposaling the water.

C it s ok if i m stepping or driving on the same crossingroad daily the one that i m disposaling the water or no.

D If disposaling the water toward sun rising what should be my body position facing or act.
sahjia

Re: Bathing and Water Disposal Times

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:38 am

A - Most baths of cleansing are performed at the time of dawn. The waning moon is a good time to remove bad conditions. The day can be Sunday for blessings and health.

B - The water is generally disposed of directly after completing the bath, unless this is inconvenient, in which case it can be kept a short while, until you have the time to take it out.

C - Yes, you can pass by that crossroads if you wish. Your work is accomplished with the prayer of disposal. After that it is still a crossroads, if you know what i mean.

D - Most people toss the water over their shoulder or under their arm pit toward the Sun. Some just face the Sun and pitch it forward. If the bath was for removal of bad conditions rather than for drawing in good things, a few people tell me that they reverse the position and face the Sun, then throw the water backwards, away from the Sun -- but if they are working to draw something good, they will use the regular position that most everyone else does and face the Sun. There is not one way that everybody does it. Try it a few ways and you will settle on what works best for you.

E- Remember that hoodoo, as a form of domestic magical practice, developed in the rural South. The bathtubs of that time and place were often galvanized metal that could be tipped toward the East or West, according to one's preference. Modern bathtubs are indoors and fixed in place and so we have adapted by carrying a small amount of water out of the tub to dispose of in a ceremonial way. This is a NEW method. The old way was to tip the tub.

For a set of general traditional guidelines regarding disposal of ritual remains of all kinds, please see my "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web page "Laying Down Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains" from my free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice:

Laying Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains in the Hoodoo Tradition
http://luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Sharona22 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:28 am

I am going to be starting the pyschic vision spell kit and candle soon I have not yet received it so I am pretty sure that for this and probably my John the Conquer Stamina candle and mojo bag I will have to wait till after the next new moon starts the question is this spell comes with bath crystals if it does not say how do I dispose of this bath water,all the rest of the remains except for mojo bag and remainder of oil or powders I am gonna keep sealed under my bed.
Sharona22

Unread postby Miss Bri » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:43 am

Hi Sharona,

There are various ways of disposing of ritual bath water.
See: http://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html
for more information.

Typically, if I want to draw something towards me I will stand with my back facing the rising sun and throw the water over my right shoulder and say my prayer, and then walk away without looking back. If I want to get rid of something I will stand with my front facing the rising sun, my back to the west, and throw the water over my left shoulder, saying my prayer. That is ONE of many ways to dispose of ritual bath water.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Sharona22 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:10 am

Sorry to need more info on this When I take the bath with the crystals from the Pyschic vision kit there will be (I think if it is like normal bath,first time ritual bath)alot of water how can I dispose of all the water faceing the sunthrowing water over right shoulder What about rest of water. Please remember this is my first ime with kit and with bath.I will be doing more and I know they have instructions but I am really in need of clarification.Thanks
Sharona22

Unread postby Turnsteel » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:02 pm

Sharona22,

I believe most people just take some of the water for ritual disposal. I personally fill up an empty water bottle and use that, the rest goes down the drain. Depending on the bath there may be bits of roots,leaves, that kinda thing left over so you may want to put something over the drain to let the water through but catch the bits and paces, or brew the herbs in a muslin bag or a bit of cheese cloth or the like, that would work nicely. i throw out and solids left over out with the bottle of water.

Hope that helps.
Turnsteel

Unread postby Lukianos » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:58 pm

Sharona22 and HailDiscordia (Turnsteel):

Lucky Mojo Bath Crystals dissolve readily in warm water, and while there will be some fine bits of herbs that remain intact, it is unlikely that you would need to strain a bath made with them, either before use or before disposa l- -unlike the purely herbal baths, such as 13-Herb Bath, Hyssop Herbs, or Peaceful Home Herbs Mixture, which do require straining (or encasement in a muslin bag).

HailDiscordia (Turnsteel) is in good company when in comes to dealing with spiritual bath water disposal by setting aside a bowl / cup / bottle of the bath water for disposal at a crossroads / tree / rising sun, and letting the rest go down the drain. Depending on the intention of the bath, whether to rid oneself of negative things or to attract good things, some pour it in the front yard, back yard, or place of business; or out at the curb, at a crossroads, or even in a graveyard. The place is dependent on one's intention.
Lukianos

Unread postby Clarabella » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:28 am

I've read the section on disposal of items left over from spell work, but I have a question that I haven't found an answer to. What happens to the items you bury in your yard or around your property when you move away from that place? Do you break or interfere with something that has been working well by moving yourself away from where you've placed items that were part of the working?
Clarabella

Re: Disposal of Spell Items

Unread postby Literarylioness » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:57 pm

Clarabella,

I have heard two schools of thought on this, one school is to dig up the items and bury them at the new property. The other school states the work is still working for you and to bury something new at the new residence. Ultimately it comes down to you about which one you choose for your circumstances.

Now some work, such as St. Joseph, demands you dig up his statue from the property upon the selling and that is part of the spell itself. Again, it depends on the spell and circumstances.

For example, say you are married and have buried married lodestones in your front yard for a long marriage. You could dig up the lodestones and take them with you, or you can do a "renewal" of your marriage and bury a new set/spell at your new home to be as happy as you were at your previous one. That's what I would do in a situation like that.

Hope that helps,

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby Sharona22 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:10 pm

Thanks I understand now,and the cheescloth to catch residue is a very good idea which I will use from now on
Sharona22

Candles: Disposal of Ritual Remains

Unread postby justv » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:12 pm

I have been burning a Money House Blessing vigil candle. I purchased it dressed and ready to go :D It is working wonders, I love it! It's nearly burned out and now I'm wondering what to do with the glass encasement once it has completely burned out? Should I bury it? Wrap it and save it? Thank you for any advice :)
justv

Re: How to Dispose of Glass-Encased Vigil Candle?

Unread postby Literarylioness » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:01 pm

justv wrote:I have been burning a Money House Blessing vigil candle. I purchased it dressed and ready to go :D It is working wonders, I love it! It's nearly burned out and now I'm wondering what to do with the glass encasement once it has completely burned out? Should I bury it? Wrap it and save it? Thank you for any advice :)

You can recycle it, especially if you have brought a replacement. I put my glass enclosed candles in my glass recycling bin.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby Sharona22 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:58 am

Thanks for this answer it helped me as well,one other thing what if there is still wax left as this has happened to me?
Sharona22

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:51 pm

Sharona22 wrote:Thanks for this answer it helped me as well,one other thing what if there is still wax left as this has happened to me?

I assume it is a small rim of wax on the bottom and not a partially finished candle. I still recycle wih a small film of wax, but if the candle did not burn all the way through, I would make sure it finished burning.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby bubba » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:08 am

Hi guys

i just wanted to ask cus im little confused, my englsh not so strong sorry, when i go to the crossroads do i :

1 face the sun and throw my used bathwater and negative spells work like pitching it forward as a offerrring

2 and i face sun backwards and throw over my right shoulder and good intention work as a offering,

3 All at dawn with sun riseing

4 i can use the same crossroads again and again,..? if yes wont my previous drops offs affect me again?

Thanks bubba
bubba

Unread postby Literarylioness » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:12 am

bubba,

1. You can pitch it forward if you feel comfortable doing that.

2. I pitch it this way over my left shoulder.

3. Yes, right before dawn towards the East.

4. Yes, you can use the same crossroads. No, the same crossroads will not affect you again since you are dispersing the work of the spell.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby J Simulcik » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:16 pm

literarylioness wrote:
bubba wrote:4 i can use the same crossroads again and again,..? if yes wont my previous drops offs affect me again?

4. Yes, you can use the same crossroads. No, the same crossroads will not affect you again since you are dispersing the work of the spell.

The explanation of this is sort of touched on by Miss Cat here: http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html#crossroads Crossroads are neutral territory (important when disposing of bad works or the cleansing remnants associated with such work) where the negativity can be dispersed by the many people who pass through the crossroads. Since it's not intended for them, it won't bring them harm and by the time you visit to dispose of something else, the energy should be severely lessened if not gone completely.
J Simulcik

Unread postby bubba » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:40 am

Thank u for your wonderful informative replies , another thing which i would like to ask is if im starting a love spell or good drawing in work,,then i go sto crossroads and throw my bath water towards or backwards..

and if its bad work crossing etc,,do i throw my bath water back or forth..so i make the offering to make my spell stronger

bubba
bubba

Unread postby Literarylioness » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:45 am

bubba,

That answer can be found by the link J Simulcik referenced. Please read that page thoroughly.

Thank you,

Mary
Literarylioness

Re: Disposal of Spell Items

Unread postby Clarabella » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:01 pm

Thank you, literarylioness. Your answer prompts me to put more consideration into how I dispose of things in future - since, where I live, the ground is at present frozen solid with about 4 feet of snow on top, and will remain so until the time I move. I suspect that, even if I could dig things up, I'd be reluctant to take them with me so would end up doing most of my spellwork over again in the new place. My concern, in thinking more about this, was mostly with the idea of leaving so much of my energy and work in this place. This is a place I want very much to leave, so I want to leave nothing of myself behind.
Clarabella

Unread postby Sharona22 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:29 pm

Yes we are talking about a tiny leftover,thanks If it was the pyschic vision candle should as I was told before by someone keep all the remains including the glass candle holder and wax under the bed where my pet and I sleep? I am so excited I got 2 big boxes from LM hopefully my pyschic vision kit 7 day dressed candle all my seals oils st francis stuff the only thing is now I have to wait to waxing moon I feel it is important when is new moon can I start the very next day will that be considered waxing. I know some say they do not always use moon phases depends on spell and other things I feel especially since I am working with the seal of the moon I will wait. I ordered about 40 items I am so excited now I am gonna get cats book but for now I will be useing prepared things from LM I trust their quality 100% sorry if this is on wrong page
Sharona22

burying wax remains from a love spell?

Unread postby msg33 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:55 pm

I've heard that one should bury the wax remains underneath the door step. However, I wanted to know if it would be ok to bury it in the backyard. The reason why i ask is because the area surrounding my door step is all cement, no dirt.

also can I bury the wax remains in any type of paper packet/ cloth, or is there a specific way to do this? (being that it is a love spell)

Any suggestions?
msg33

Re: burying wax remains from a love spell?

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:02 pm

For love workings it is fairly traditional to bury spell remains in the backyard for fidelity in the relationship. Some people will take the altar cloth on which they worked and on which the candle wax remains are, fold it towards them (to draw in the thing they want), turn it clockwise, fold it towards them again, sprinkle it with sachet powders for the appropriate condition and then bury it in the backyard. Others will do the same thing using a piece of paper, and I have known some who put the all of the remains in a brown paper sack, dress them with more oils and sachet powders and then bury them.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Lukianos » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi msg33,

msg33 wrote:I've heard that one should bury the wax remains underneath the door step. However, I wanted to know if it would be ok to bury it in the backyard. The reason why i ask is because the area surrounding my door step is all cement, no dirt.

also can I bury the wax remains in any type of paper packet/ cloth, or is there a specific way to do this? (being that it is a love spell)

As Bri mentions, burying the remains of spells (wax, papers, etc) whose effects you wish to keep around in one's backyard is fairly common; not a problem! Many folks do wrap such remains in paper or in a small cloth sack before burying; see this page for more detail:
http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html#earth
Lukianos

Unread postby msg33 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:48 pm

so would it be ok to use a brown paper bag?
msg33

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:51 pm

msg33 wrote:so would it be ok to use a brown paper bag?

I would use a red cotton cloth instead. There is nothing wrong, per say with a brown paper bag, but a red cloth is just more pleasing. It is a love spell and its deployment is just as important as the spell itself.

Just my thoughts,

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:57 pm

msg33 wrote:so would it be ok to use a brown paper bag?

Typically I use the altar cloth that I have done the work on to wrap up the spell remains and bury them, but you can certainly use a brown paper bag if that's what you've got. Make sure to dress the remains with a little more sachet powder/oil and remember to fold towards you.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Ritual Disposal of Candle Wax and Littering

Unread postby CowboyInTheBoatofRa » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:08 pm

I know that there are three options for ritual disposal of candle wax:

1) throw the wax over your left shoulder into a body of moving water and walk away without looking back;

2) place the wax at a crossroads to disperse its energy; or

3) bury the wax .

Unfortunately, each of these is proving to be a problem for me. I am uncomfortable with options one and two, because they amount to littering. (Is paraffin wax, a petroleum bi-product, biodegradable?) And the third option, burying the wax, is also not possible for me since I live in an apartment building and do not have a backyard. Would it nullify the effect of my spells if I just put the wax in the dumpster? If so, are there other options for ritual disposal that I have not yet considered?
CowboyInTheBoatofRa

Re: Ritual Disposal of Candle Wax and Littering

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:16 pm

CowboyInTheBoatofRa --

"Nullify"? I'm not sure what that means. How could you "nullify" a ritual activity, prayers, altar work, or the burning of a candle?

The reason we do not put ritual remains in a dumpster is because, depending on the job, those items may be heavily invested with spiritual power. If i did a deep love spell, i would not wish to throw the work into the trash. It would just seem very wrong to me. Ditto for a money spell -- it would seem like tossing my money away.

I realize that petroleum wax is not biodegradable, but you could burn beeswax candles instead or prepare a fixed kerosene oil lamp, which produces no residue at all.

You can also place all of your remnant wax, papers, and other stuff in a fire-proof cast iron pot, dutch over, or pan; pour on a small amount of Florida Water, Hoyt's Cologne, or kerosene (depending on your intentions), and burn it up.

Your mileage may vary.

For a set of general traditional guidelines regarding disposal of ritual remains of all kinds, please see my "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web page "Laying Down Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains" from my free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice:

Laying Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains in the Hoodoo Tradition
http://luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Remains of Spell Kit and Items Under 7-day Candle

Unread postby Sharona22 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:18 pm

I was told about putting the remains of all items I used under my 7 day pyschic vision candle to wrap them up and put them under my bed (this is for animal communication in particular with my dog).

then I am also doing tonight the pyschic vision spell kit. this says put remains buried under right side of front door except for basin of water which is thrown by crossroads.

2 questions if I can not bury basin how do I cleanse it?

what if the soil is so hard (NV> calichi) that I can not bury it ?

also this includes all items from each to be put in 2 seperate places?

Please help me out because as I said I am doing spell kit tonight and candle will probably be out by tomorrow night.
Sharona22

Re: Remains of Spell Kit and Items Under 7-day Candle

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:20 pm

Hi, Sharona.

There are many other alternatives for disposal of ritual iems. Rather than recap them here, let me direct you to a page that goes into detail about a number of possible variations. None of them are the "only" way -- they are all used by various practitioners, and you can do what is best suited to your situation:

http://luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html -- Laying Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Sharona22 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:32 am

Thanks for the link. If you can give me one quick answer to 2 questions prior to me going there I would appreciate it. 1) Can I save remains from both and put them together? 2)I know I saw this asked prior but do not remember what is the length of time for seeing results after finished spell kit and also doing the 7 day candle like me and does the results start after you have buried or got rid of all items? This help is greatly appreciated
Sharona22

Unread postby Sharona22 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:59 am

I read the link and nothing is mentioned(and I am sure all of you long time hoodoo persons would know this)about what you do with or cleanse the basin that held the bathwater you took to the crossroads to throw over your shoulder? I think I will get all remains from both the 7day candle and the spell kit and find some way to bury them in the right front door area because that is where it really should go. Thanks
Sharona22

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:23 am

Hi Sharona,
The two spells are being worked together and you are hoping that they increase and intensify each other, correct? In that case, I would say that burying the remains together is fine.

As for results, Miss Cat says that she was taught that you may (or may not) see a sign or omen that it is succeeding in 3 days. If not, you may (or may not) see open signs of movement toward your goal in 3 weeks. And you may (or may not) achieve definite results one way or the other in 3 months. If nothing has occurred after three months, either give up or try another approach.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Sharona22 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:11 am

thanks for help,just waiting on basin disposal or cleaning info? one thing how often should I reapply the oil to the mojo bag and my farhead and when I do anything special to do with it?
Sharona22

What to do with Return to Me candle remains?

Unread postby juliadotcom » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:50 am

What do I do with the glass encased Return to Me candle remains? Bury it on my property?
juliadotcom

Re: What to do with Return to Me candle remains?

Unread postby msg33 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:58 am

juliadotcom,

if you can bury it under your doorstep, do that :)
msg33

Unread postby Literarylioness » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:10 am

juliadotcom wrote:What do I do with the glass encased Return to Me candle remains? Bury it on my property?

If you are continuing the work, keep the name and/or petition papers for the next candle and recycle the empty candle. If the work brought back the target, then bury the name and/or petition paper near your front door. You can still recycle the empty candle container. If you have decided "I'm done," then burn the name and/or petition paper and scatter the ashes or let them go in flowing water.

That's what I would do.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby juliadotcom » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:25 am

Thank y'all so much!
juliadotcom

Unread postby J Simulcik » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:30 pm

I do this similarly to Mary. Sometimes I'll bury the candle glass with the work, and sometimes not; it depends on how the spirit moves me. In some work, the glass is a good container to hold the other materials and is easy to neatly wrap up.
J Simulcik

Re: Ritual Disposal of Candle Wax and Littering

Unread postby CowboyInTheBoatofRa » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:34 pm

Thanks, Cat. I have to admit that I like the look of paraffin wax candles better than bees wax and soy candles. The latter have a kind of dull finish when compared to the paraffin candles. I'll experiment and see what feels right.
CowboyInTheBoatofRa

Urgent, Spell Rsidue Unearthed

Unread postby Sharona22 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:01 pm

I put all remains of my pyschic vision spell kit and 7 day candle and buried them right side of my front door.

While they were doing something in my yard they dug it up and gave it to me.

It was only there a few days since doing original spell. I was anointing my 3rd eye every night and adding oil to mojo. I have not had any results yet and it was finished last Thurs., I think, but remains buried on Sat.

What should or could I do for the remains now and what do you think about the outcome situation. Please help, especially those of you who have much knowledge in this area. Thanks

I also 2 days ago started burning a candle and doing the 9 day Novena to St Francis of Assisi, dressing it with oil and writting my name on it and surrounding it with sachet because I have an offering I specifically got to give him.
Sharona22

Re: Urgent, Spell Rsidue Unearthed

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:53 pm

I dont understand why this is urgent, but nonetheless just rebury the remains, and try not to rebury it in a place where someone will find it. The worst things that will happen is that you will have to repeat the spell.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Sharona22 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:32 am

I feel it is urgent because I first waited over 2 months for spell kit and 7day candle finally got it then waited for full moon to do the kit. The reason for my very important desire to talk to animals is 2 fold firstly my dog has a few health issues that cause him pain and distress and communication with him can help.Then there are alot of homeless rescues in Nevada these dogs have many health and emotional issues that my communication can possibly help them I thought if the remains were dug up I would have zero results and I do not want to do I will try to bury them again Urgent is a matter of personal opinion
Sharona22

Respectfully Disposing of Glass Encased Vigil Candles

Unread postby justv » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:55 pm

I had asked this question before and it was suggested that I recycle the left over glass encasement. Which works well :) but I found out that we are not supposed to put glass into the recycle bin, its a large fine if they find out you are :? ! I regularly burn glass encased vigil candles and now don't know if I should throw the encasement away? A couple of the glass encased candles are on going (I remove the petition from the old one and attach it to the new one) so about every five days I've got another glass encasement. I am wondering if there is a respectful way to dispose of these remains and if I should end up having to just throw them away should I say a pray? I don't like the idea of throwing a item away that I've put so much work into and I don't know if throwing them away will have an effect on my spell work. Please help I am thankful for any advice!
justv

Re: Respectfully Disposing of Glass Encased Vigil Candles

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:16 pm

Well, recycling rules vary by your carrier. Here in Forestville, California, we are not only allowed, but actively encouraged to recycle the glass jars from candles.

To someone like me, who goes through literally hundreds of glass jar candles a month, recycling is the only option. If you live in an area where glass jars from candles cannot be recycled i would make a point of physically going down to the recycling or refuse handling company that picks up your garbage and asking why they will not accept them, as they are not loose glass; they are the equivalent of mass-produced glass food jars, and you intend to have HUNDREDS of them in your refuse over the foreseable future.

Sorry to be such a pain in the ass about this, but as a natural magician, i am a serious ecologist and evangelist for reuse and recycling, and i want people to know that the waste stream handlers all over the world have changed and will continue to change their rules if they see a potential form of revenue in the waste they are handling.

Be brave. Be strong. DO IT FOR THE EARTH.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Respectfully Disposing of Glass Encased Vigil Candles

Unread postby justv » Fri May 01, 2009 6:48 am

Thank you for your response :) You're right, I'm going to head out to the local recycling center to find out why they refuse glass in the recycle bin. Until then I'll hold on to the glass encasements. Thank you for your advice I'm going to get on in and figure out a way to dispose of these glass encasements properly (by recycling!) :P
justv

Unread postby jewelzdevone » Sat May 02, 2009 9:43 pm

Sometimes, when my Guides grant a request, they give me a token to let me know it is coming. If I were to be handed the remains of a spell I had cast, I would know that the result is on the way and continue as I was before. Doing the spell again couldn't hurt, if even as a celebration of your enthusiasm. Just be patient. Be very patient. That's just what "they've" told me. I would definitely rebury the remains in a safe place, though. Hope this helps.

Jewelz
jewelzdevone

Taking Baths and not disposing

Unread postby sunseer88 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi I've been using Lucky Mojo products with a lot of success over the last several years. But I've never "disposed of the bath water" as prescribed. I usually add the salts to my bath for 20-30 minutes.. usually around the midnight hour.. and then pretty much let it drain out. For Love rituals I have save some of the water for washing my clothing or sprinkling around the house etc. So far I've still had results. So I was wondering is it Ok that I don't "dispose" of the water in the traditional way i.e., throwing water to the east, and walking away etc.
sunseer88

Re: Taking Baths and not disposing

Unread postby Dr Johannes » Sun May 10, 2009 3:56 am

*smiling*
"..Is it ok..?" Well, in my opinion if you have used that method successfully for several years there is no need to ask if it is ok.
If you would call it a "Genuine and General Traditional Way", not disposing the water in a traditional manner could be disputed of course. But why do that? You get results, and that is what counts isn´t it?

Johannes
Need Help? I am on AIRR --
www.readersandrootworkers.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ReadersandRootworkers
Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Re: Disposing of Bath Water After Uncrossing Bath

Unread postby butterfly » Wed May 13, 2009 12:27 am

hi! johannes. i have a question for you? i was happy to see a reply for this as i posted a question regarding this & have not received a reply yet. you recommend to simply throw over the left shoulder. the instructions say it must be towards the east of the sunrise. is this as important as simply throwing it over you left shoulder? and also, the instructions say to collect the bath water. is it literally saying to gather all the bath water or perhaps just a bucket full?

thanks,
butterfly
butterfly

Unread postby Lukianos » Wed May 13, 2009 8:06 pm

Hi butterfly,

butterfly wrote:you recommend to simply throw over the left shoulder. the instructions say it must be towards the east of the sunrise. is this as important as simply throwing it over you left shoulder? and also, the instructions say to collect the bath water. is it literally saying to gather all the bath water or perhaps just a bucket full?

For an Uncrossing bath, ideally, it would be over your left shoulder -and- toward the East / rising sun. You don't need to throw all the bath water--a basin-full, or even a cup-full, of the bath water is sufficient.
Lukianos

Re-using a candle?

Unread postby Rose » Wed May 20, 2009 9:21 pm

I had a reading done a month and a half ago for some break-up work I was doing over a man I had feelings for. I was told that a new man would enter my life who would be much better for me. I, of course at the time, did not care because I only wanted the previous man..

However, this new guy did some around and we hung out for a few weeks and I decided to let my guard down and date him....as he wanted. Well, I guess I was too late and as soon as I let my guard down, I learned he was seeing someone else!

I never "finished" the breakup candle from the last guy and his gal. Is it stupid to ask if it can be re-used??
It is about halfway burned down.
Rose

Re: Re-using a candle?

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu May 21, 2009 12:33 am

I recommend that you do not go backwards. Just my opinion.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Dr.CalamusSweetflag » Thu May 21, 2009 5:42 am

ELKnapp wrote:...ideally, it would be over your left shoulder -and- toward the East / rising sun...

Hi ELKnapp,
If you are facing east then you must turn and face west, throw the bath water over your left shoulder and you are not to look back. Another method is to toss your bath water out your front door to the sun rising in the east which means you are actually facing your toss. Would you turn west and toss over your left shoulder in this method as well? What is the hoodoo significance on the "over the left shoulder" part? Ms. cat indicated in the late 60's about drive by disposals from ones car window. The reason I ask is I notice my Asian neighbors every morning tossing out a bowl full of liquid as well as many others state they do this as well.

Johannes wrote:...It is NOT advisable to return to that same crossroad for at least 24 hours. Whatever you are throwing there is supposed to be picked up and carried by all that journey trough it (both living and spirits)

Hi Johannes,
Is the 24hr. rule pure hoodoo tradition or a mix-in of other traditions as you know it? If I am trying to "get rid" of something I typically "do not ever" go back which means I have to carry the disposal out of my local area or make a five spot out in a wooded area that I will not return to. For general disposals I use the same crossroads.
Dr.CalamusSweetflag

Next

• Advertisement
Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics