Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Over-Thinking, OCD, Negative Thoughts While Rootworking

bellasr34

Over-Thinking, OCD, Negative Thoughts While Rootworking

Unread post by bellasr34 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:43 am

hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew if it is normal to be emotional some times and nervous and shaky while doing love work and be constantly thinking of the person?

NotDorianGray

Re: Over-Thinking, OCD, Negative Thoughts While Rootworking

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:56 am

Absolutely. You're a rolling ball of hormones where love is concerned. Try to harness and channel that energy into the work you're doing.

bellasr34

Unread post by bellasr34 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:03 am

i am and i do, I sometimes get so shaking while praying that i get goosebumps.

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:06 am

You're raising a lot of energy. Sometimes my work makes me cry. Our bodies tell us a lot, and in different ways. I'd take it as a good sign.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:58 am

It can be but yo have to control yourself. Have faith in the spell and do not worry about it or you could affect its out come. It really helps to do a divination before any spell work to see if one you can be do this and two if you should do this.
HRCC Student #1559

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:32 am

What everyone is saying above is true. But overthinking and obsessive thinking about how the target is going to come back to you is not helpful to the work. I know its hard to do but you must just let things go once you have done the work. On the other hand, I was thinking that maybe you need to do a cleansing bath sometimes it helps.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

bellasr34

Unread post by bellasr34 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:15 am

what kind of cleansing bath can i do

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:24 am

This would be the point where I refer you back to the wonderful products that Lucky Mojo offers. Only you know what type of energy you're feeling at the moment, so I'd suggest looking through the bath crystals available and seeing what jumps out at you as being appropriate for your particular circumstance. Something calming and focusing is probably what you want to look for.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:41 am

I would do use tranquility bath crystals to give you a sense of calmness and peace. Have you done any baths to cleansing baths? I would do a uncrossing bath, or a 13 bath as well if you have not cleansed yourself in a while. You could also do a clarity spell to help with having a clearer mind so you do not feel so confused and cloudy.

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbaths.html

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:49 am

OM goodness I always am, but you have to put that a side because you need a confident energy to help your spell. I take showers before I do my work to relax me. I agree with NotDorianGray. I'm an emotional person any ways and sometimes I cry too. My issues is letting it go like what starsinthesky suggest because I'm so amped to see some signs, but I've been working on that and I have some earrings that make me feel calm when I wear them and keeps me centered.
Ask, Believe, Receive!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:24 am

What I do when I am overthinking, I put all my concerns on a piece of paper and burn them in a fire. Or I get a black candle and write all my concerns and dress with banshing oil, or a banishing herb such asafoetida (stinky and yes its for cursing too but also good for banishing). It helped me many of times, and I went through a lot of black candles. By then I just got good at focusing, and not overthinking. It is hard, but once you master it...it will make you that much more successful

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:35 pm

bellasr34 wrote:hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew if it is normal to be emotional some times and nervous and shaky while doing love work and be constantly thinking of the person?
It is common to feel emotional when you are doing any kind of work around an emotional issue. If you are cursing someone it helps to really get angry with them as you are doing your work and cursing them. If you are trying to reconcile with someone that you wronged it certainly helps if you feel truly and sincerely apologetic for whatever happened. However, if your emotional feelings are causing you to experience a lack of focus on your goal and intention or if you find that after doing your work you are wringing your hands and wondering if it "took" then I suggest you step back and consider hiring a professional. You have to do the work and have faith in the outcome, as we sometimes say, walk away and don't turn back. Signs that your emotional intensity may be moving from helpful to unhelpful can often be spotted in your conjure work. Are you forgetting to light candles? Forgetting to recite the prayers or Psalms that you are using in your work, knocking stuff down on your altar? Those all may point to the fact that you need to sit back, take a breath, and consider your options.

Clarity and King Solomon Wisdom are both great Lucky Mojo formulas. If you have been hurt in this relationship you may also want to add LMC's Healing oil.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

bellasr34

Unread post by bellasr34 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:05 pm

thank you Bri, no i haven't forgotten to pray or recite my psalms and prayers i do that 3 to 4 times a day, i have vigil candles lit all the time but 1 i only light 3 times a day cause i have to been with it when it is lit, I do think to much and as i go about my daily life i am always praying to myself, but thats something i have always done even before i started my work...over all I am ok it's just i was curious about it, I don't get emotional all the time but i have those moments and i try to compose myself especially when i am praying over my altar.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:12 pm

bellasr34 wrote:thank you Bri, no i haven't forgotten to pray or recite my psalms and prayers i do that 3 to 4 times a day, i have vigil candles lit all the time but 1 i only light 3 times a day cause i have to been with it when it is lit, I do think to much and as i go about my daily life i am always praying to myself, but thats something i have always done even before i started my work...over all I am ok it's just i was curious about it, I don't get emotional all the time but i have those moments and i try to compose myself especially when i am praying over my altar.
Then I think you are in good shape and being moved by the spirit!

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

bellasr34

Unread post by bellasr34 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:39 pm

Thank you Bri Thank you

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:42 pm

From personal experience, cleansing baths works wonders...
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Moondoggie

Unread post by Moondoggie » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:49 pm

I recently performed a vinegar jar spell. I am one of those that thinks about things constantly. The what ifs and the various factors and various outcomes. What would be an easy and efficient way to set it or work it one final time and let it go to do it's thing. I am usually in the middle of the situations I am working with or constantly reminded of what I am working for. I guess I don't necessarily need an easy way to set and forget, just something effective.

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:49 pm

There is no easy way really. If you're obsessive or neurotic by nature (as I am), you have to basically retrain yourself not to obsess about your work or your targets. When I find myself thinking about my targets, spells I've done or the infinite outcomes that may result, I remind myself that my usual method of thinking is only hurting ME (not my targets) and all my hard work and money is going down the tubes because of all that thinking. No one wants to waste money or their time so that usually does the trick for about ten minutes. :lol: If that doesn't work, I remind myself that if I think my work is going to fail, it will. I've had more spells fizzle out or simply not come to fruition because I kept doubting myself so I know that's really true.

Also, getting readings from a trusted reader every few weeks/months helps me tremendously. A good reader will support you and let you know your progress which helps you stop obsessing so much (especially if you're on the right track!).
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:59 am

First, you need to think about your emotional state. If you just broke up with your boyfriend yesterday, or even a month ago, and you are an emotional wreck...well frankly that is probably not going to help your work. Just to have some time to have a good cry,and cope with your emotions.Well, before I really got a handle on this...I started to just relax, and when a negative thought would come into my mind, I would think of something else. I know it sounds cheesy, but I would go to a "happy place" I learned how to meditate. Magically, I write my fears, concerns, and worries on a black candle from wick to base. I dress with with banishing herbs, such as asafoetida (really stinky stuff good for cursing too!) which is a strong banishing herb, and I would burn the candle. Another technique is I write them on a piece of paper, and burn them in a fire such as in an old pot or something.

I know some people here get sooooo preoccupied with wanting their lover back, and even when they're hiring someone else, they STILL overthink about it. Just because someone is doing the work for you does not mean that you can overthink things.It works just the same. On the other hand, you need to keep yourself occupied, and do not stop living. Go out and have fun with other friends, and really try to keep your mind off of things. This includes myspace, facebook, twitter, and whatever else to keep tabs on your target. Please do not have the what i like to call the "watch pot" syndrome. It will not help your work. I know that people think well "how do I know its working if I do not find out through myspace or twitter" I would say check once a month (hard I know), but do not check it all day every day. I did this literally...any computer I got my hands on...I was checking one of my target's myspace pages. Well needless to say, it did not help me, and finally when I just stopped and focused. I saw movement...I was able to break these two people up and finally for good.

Also, I am doing so much work for others, and myself that honestly I do not have time to think about this spell isnt going to work. It does come across my mind from time to time, but I dont dwell. I sort of put it out of my mind. I know people what a concrete way of doing things, but it just comes with practice,and meditation does help in terms of having to focus on your intentions.

Moondoggie

Unread post by Moondoggie » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:24 am

Thank you. Yeah, I definitely overthink things and when I see the slightest inkling that something opposite that I am looking for in the results happens, then my mind wanders into the what ifs and what coulds and what possiblies.

mmcpower

Unread post by mmcpower » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:26 pm

Moondoggie wrote:Thank you. Yeah, I definitely overthink things and when I see the slightest inkling that something opposite that I am looking for in the results happens, then my mind wanders into the what ifs and what coulds and what possiblies.

It nice to know that there are others like me out here lol. I do exactly the same thing you do. But I am learning slow but sure, but then I revert back, but I find myself praying all the time for whatI want and I almost do it subconsciously. So if you find something that works let me know, I would love to try it. And hang in there, I know we will learn how not to obsess.

Marie

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:05 pm

I sometimes tell clients or students that have this problem to come up with a short affirmation or prayer that speaks to the work being successful and come up with a visualization to go with it. Whenever they find their minds drifting to the work, just repeat the phrase and visualize it strongly and then leave it. This gives your mind something to do that won't be counterproductive, as you still acknowledge the thoughts and the work, but you make sure to consciously inject positive energy towards the goal, rather than allowing yourself to put doubt into it.

It's a trick used in meditation - rather than trying to suppress thoughts, acknowledge them (so your brain knows you got the message and won't keep fighting you to try and get you to take notice), and then actively put a more appropriate thought in it's place. You don't have to buy into or feed the energy of the thought. It's just a thought - it doesn't really hold any emotional or energetic weight until you give it to it. So you acknowledge it as a neutral thing, don't feed into it, and replace it with an energy that you DO want. In meditation that would usually just be bringing yourself back to your breathing, or whatever you were concentrating on. In this case, use the visualization or affirmation.

It's not hoodoo, per se, but I find it works for alot of people.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

william

Unread post by william » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:43 pm

I use EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) or tapping, this works really well when doing spell work and completely takes my mind off it. Not strictly Hoodoo but hey I use anything that will work for me.

Will

Daytona12

Unread post by Daytona12 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:50 pm

I have a question for anyone even though that the rootworker is doing the work for you but why is their a headache? the reason why I ask this is that I have my rootworker redo some work for me to have a couple break up and I have to wait at least 7days or what not my question is it common to have a headache while the work is going?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:22 pm

No, it is not common. Perhaps the taregt of the spell work is fighting back at you. Perhaps you have headaches for another reason.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:58 pm

it can be merely due to tension since you are anxiously waiting for the spell to be cast successfully and the results etc

nena1974

Unread post by nena1974 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:30 am

I have been working on my relationship for almost a year, and have had great success for the most part. The reading I had a month ago said that I'm on the right track and my work is working on him. However, for the past month things have gone sour, and I'm to the point where I'm thinkin of just letting it all go. even though I have put so much time, love and energy into everything.
Getting a reading is hard because of my schedule, I am on the east coast and get very little alone time at home.
And on the other hand Im thinking that maybe I have done too much work and he's now resisting. I have a nation sack,stay with me mojo, honey jar, saint martha novena, and i feed him my menses, along with laying tricks around the house. Overkill? or lost cause? :?:

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:05 am

I would say you need another reading. There are some AIRR readers that offer email readings, so you wouldn't have to worry about scheduling issues.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:39 pm

I would agree with another reading, and it seems you may need to take a much needed break. I would choose to still light the Saint martha candle, but let everything else hit and take its time. There are going to be times when it seems as though things are not working in your favor,but they end up turning around. So I would give time for your work to manifest.

nena1974

Unread post by nena1974 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:34 am

you think I should just put everything else away for now? even my nation sack? wont the mojos die if i dont keep working with them and feeding them?

buzzbabe

Unread post by buzzbabe » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:57 am

Is there really such a thing as ''investing too much time'' in a relationship? I think 'wasting too much time' is the most important thing.

I think your instict is telling you to give this one a rest and find someone you don't have to work too hard to get.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Yes, you should dress your mojo at least weekly to keep it working for you.

suzyparker

Unread post by suzyparker » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:41 pm

Just my 2 cents. I have abandonded my mojo bags for months, picked them up, started feeding them again and they are good as new. However, I never change the "purpose" of the bag (it's meant for one thing and one thing only/one person, one person only). I've added new stuff to my bags (again, same person, new articles). I agree, however, take a step back but keep up the candle. For some reason I have the best luck with LM's candles. They are amazing

nena1974

Unread post by nena1974 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:13 pm

I have put everything away for the time being. I think i might be magically exhausted, and doing things half heartedly, maybe thats why he is now resisting. my reading said that my work continues to work but he's resisting. so, maybe after taking a break things will improve.

suzyparker

Unread post by suzyparker » Sun May 02, 2010 2:39 am

I have been able to tap into my energy since I was a child. I have had success repeatedly with candles, mojo bags and even just getting angry enough to send off bad vibrations. However, I'm seeing something new about myself and I'm not liking it and I wonder if others have had this happen. If I do any type of love work, even on a guy I'm not that interested in - just curious to see if I can do it. If I don't get an IMMEDIATE response I become angry with my target. I've even gotten so angry I've stopped my work after a couple of days and argued with the target. Not because he's done anything wrong; he just hasn't responded correctly at that point. Funny part is, I wash my hands of it emotionally and a couple of weeks later he's lovey dovey. I get encouraged, start the work up again and AGAIN if I don't see immediate progress from that point, I get upset, blah, blah, blah.

Not sure if love work is just not my cup of tea (although it does work) or if I need to do some sort of work on myself immediately after laying tricks, etc. but has anyone else ever had this happen? It's not that I doubt my work.. I've had way too much success over the years, I literally get angry with the target for not doing what I want, get huffy, lose interest, and then he comes around.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun May 02, 2010 9:39 am

Everyone has their own set of genetically and culturally mediated responses to frustration. What you are describing is not a matter of spell casting in general or of conjure folk magic in particular -- it's a matter of your personality, i think.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

suzyparker

Unread post by suzyparker » Sun May 02, 2010 10:46 am

Cat, thank you for responding. As always, you are dead on. I want what I want NOW.. which is not the way the Universe works. My personality doesn't seem to inhibit my work, but would you recommend that I do some tranquility work on myself or cleansing AFTER I love work to try and take that edge off or just accept it's who I am and deal with it?

Thanks for the best products in the world!!!

SP

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun May 02, 2010 12:13 pm

Cleansing and protection work SP.

lahdeedah

Unread post by lahdeedah » Sun May 02, 2010 11:29 pm

SP I totally relate. I go through phases after working frequently where I feel great anger and impatience with my target. I believe in my work, I believe my target is feeling it, but not responding NOW. I have done cleansing and KSW work, but I'm hoping my vacation (where I won't be doing any work for a week or so) will give me some space to allow things to happen and let go a bit. This probably doesn't help, but know that your frustration is not unusual methinks.

suzyparker

Unread post by suzyparker » Mon May 03, 2010 3:06 am

It's the oddest thing. I know my work will be successful; but when I see him and he doesn't respond the way I want (not negatively, but just not gushy) I become furious inside. I'm going to try a new approach.. I'm going to use sugar and deer's tongue on him.. maybe then I can get the words I want. He cares for me, just not in a verbal way.

I'm going to a realization. Maybe he cares for me the best way he can and I shouldn't expect any more from him; and if it's not enough for me; maybe it's up to me to figure I need more and move on.

I need to step back and think about this one. or maybe stop thinking about it altogether.

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Mon May 03, 2010 3:08 am

I used to be the same - if the target didn't respond within a week I wanted to cross him out forever! Now I still have that initial response but learn to control my thoughts.

While sharing is good, sometimes I think it doesn't help for us to read about others' quick success. Our targets may just be a lot 'slower' as personalities or it's not the time for things to happen yet. I once worked on a guy who refused to talk to me for a month and when he did, he kind of broke down. That was a draining time.

Spiritual cleansing of the residence and cleansing baths help, also egg cleansing of the head (to remove repetitive/negative thoughts).
HRCC Graduate #1610

suzyparker

Unread post by suzyparker » Mon May 03, 2010 3:12 am

The funny thing is my work ends successfully 9 times out of 10; I just need to chill out. Can you PM th egg to the head cleansing or send me the link? Many thanks

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Mon May 03, 2010 3:14 am

HRCC Graduate #1610

suzyparker

Unread post by suzyparker » Mon May 03, 2010 3:30 am

Thank you very much. I will give that a try to stop the thoughts and the frustration

GoldenFlow7

Unread post by GoldenFlow7 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:20 am

Suzyparker,

I can totally relate. When I read your post I was like wow thats so me! I too will do a job get the signs its so clear and then I dont see reults the way I expect it and bingo I blow up! when I do my target does exactly what I want, but I dont want to be this way. You mentioned a good point that "he may just be giving you the best that he can." And thats probably correct. I prepared a list of my desires in a mate and I am beginning to read it more often to remind me of my desires and I am also learning if something takes too much work its probably not worth it... or I should do more innner refelction because maybe my spirit is speaking and I am not listening and the delay is a means of geeting me to really see if this is really who or what I want. I too expect things to happen asap! and yes God works in his own timing, sometimes he hastens it sometimes he doesnt. Whats a girl to do?:)

Thanks for sharing. Yes cleansing often is really good.
Thank you God, Holy Spirit, St Martha, St Expedite, Guardian Angel, Archangels, Ancestors, and Oshun

luckycharms13

Unread post by luckycharms13 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:33 am

If the work you are doing is for a situation that seems almost impossible to change in your favor and is going to take a considerable amount of time, but you are getting positive readings and mostly positive signs but no actual movement, how do you keep your negative thoughts (regarding lack of movement) from affecting your work while you are waiting for the situation to change? I am new to hoodoo and would just like to know how you deal with this kind of situation.

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Thu May 27, 2010 11:24 am

When I find myself in that state I take some serious cleansing baths. One bath I've been taught by a rootworker goes like this: one cup of very strong coffee, a bit of lemon ammonia, kosher salt or regular salt (either way, pray over it), pour it over your body rubbing the water downwards, pray to have negativity and emotional baggage removed. This helps you feel 'unburdened' quite a bit and it can speed up the manifestation of your magic too, if baggage is partly what's hampering your work. Do it for 3 to 7 days. I'd follow up with 3 Road Opener baths.

Another trick Dr Johannes posted to remove negative/repetitive thoughts:

cut-and-clear-t5253.html#p30160
HRCC Graduate #1610

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu May 27, 2010 12:53 pm

I just make a little sentence/affirmation that backs up the work I did that I say to myself whenever I catch myself thinking about it. Then I just visualize it coming to pass, smile, and let it go.

luckycharms13

Unread post by luckycharms13 » Thu May 27, 2010 1:16 pm

Thanks for the suggestions... I hadn't thought of cleansing baths. Would I mix the coffee, lemon and salt with water? How much?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu May 27, 2010 2:02 pm

Yes cleansing baths helps a lot

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Thu May 27, 2010 3:21 pm

yes you mix it all in a tub of warm water (lemon ammonia, not lemon). i bathe in bucket so less than a bucket i'd say. if you use a bath tub...it's just about the same amount of water that you'd use for your other spiritual baths.
HRCC Graduate #1610

Phoenix333

Unread post by Phoenix333 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:23 pm

I've heard mixed comments about this over the years. If you are someone with OCD, you might really understand my situation!

Do you believe that thinking about a spell after it's been set into motion causes it to stop working, or not work as well? I've heard it likened to digging up a plant to keep looking at the roots. That being said, one should be looking for signs of the spell's progress in the following days, and for many spells, they need to be repeated often to keep the work going.

So, thoughts?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:37 pm

'over thinking' in terms of obsessing about the outcome maybe???? But paying attention and working your spell is not the same as obsessing. In terms of looking for signs that has been discussed several time. Signs happen...

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:43 pm

I think it's more overthinking what you're doing to the point where you doubt what you're doing and whether or not it will work, if you did everything right, if you could have some something slightly different for a better effect, etc. etc. At some point you simply have to have faith, trust in yourself, your tools and materials and in the spirits and just 'do' it without second guessing and second thoughts.

The same would hold true for signs. If you over examine every last thing to determine if it is a sign, you're overthinking and will probably miss, or misinterpret an actual sign.
Thanks and Praise to Dr. Hernandez, St. Jude and St. Anthony for all you have done, and continue to do on my behalf. My eternal thanks to you for your many blessings!

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:16 pm

Maljen hit the nail on the head. It is not that thinking about the spell kills it, but rather constant negative attention does. This means doubting, picking apart the spell, worrying about minor details, constant thoughts about failure, or having the opposite attitude then what the spell intends are all ways of killing your magick.

One very clear example of this type of negativity is often found among some reconciliation clients. I find that when I do Reconciliation work for a client, or when I guide them through the work that rather then finish the spell and have faith in it, they spend their time thinking about all the things that their target did to piss them off. They think about how they'll never run into them, never hear from them, how angry they are, how they can't believe they are being put through this etc. etc. This type of negative thinking demonstrates a will unable to drive towards the goal, but rather wavers in between what it wants and wallowing in self-pity.

Another example is that a young practictioner will cast a spell then spend the time after doubting it. This wavers the will which is a driving force in the spiritual energy, this leads to shoddy results or none at all. Some practitioners were so terrified about "killing" their magick that it nearly became neurotic which lead to the "set it and forget it" mentality. This was especially expounded by the Chaos magicians who mistakenly believe that forgetting a spell powers it.

In hoodoo and folk-magick the notion of forgetting a spell is not necessary. Instead you have to spend the time after the spell having full faith in the work you have done and the forces you've put into motion. This unwavering faith make the will into lazer focus and drives the spell home.

So, anytime you spend time obsessing over either the result, or lack thereof, or obsessing over whether the spell will work or not you are taking away an essential element of spellwork, the will.

My best recommendation for new conjurers is to learn to let go. Take time away from thinking about your target/desired goal and learn to relax, have fun, and enjoy what life has to offer. Go out with friends, go to the movies, watch something funny, loose yourself in a good book etc and allow the magick to work with your full faith behind it. But don't be afraid to check in on your work, don't be scared of thinking about it, just don't let yourself get stuck in obsession.

To compliment this I highly recommend cleansing baths, Mastery products to help master yourself, and some Tranquility work as well.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Miss_Liz

Unread post by Miss_Liz » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:37 pm

What if, instead of doubting or worrying on the spell, like you're not even thinking about the spell, you just doubt the situation? Example, instead of "oh I don't see any results this spell isn't going to work" you go "he doesn't love me, he won't be with me, why would anyone want to?" self pity angst. You're not thinking about the spell in a negative light or at all but you're still negative about the situation for a few moments, then maybe if you remember you pull you self out of the angst with "no, I did this spell, it's going to work" Did your moment of angst just kill the spell or weaken it like if you actually doubted the spell?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Negative thoughts like that do impact spellwork. You aren't focusing on the power to change, but rather on all reasons it isn't going to work, ie, the spell isn't going to work, you did it wrong, your target doesn't love you etc.

However, magick isn't some delicate thing that gets killed the second you have doubt. Think of the power the gets put into motion when you do work? Its a powerful force, doubts simply make it harder to get things rolling, its like putting less of yourself into getting things going.

In love work what you describe can be pretty bad-- not because you are having momentary doubts, but because you are having thoughts that aren't healthy. Why should anyone love you? Because you are you! I recommend some self-healing and love uncrossing work on such matters.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:21 am

To ConjureMan,

I've caught myself doing pretty much everything you've mentioned at one point or another. So my question is this...what suggestions do you have to help get out of that very negative, but very natural, way of thinking? Especially when it comes to the break up work I'm slowing getting around to doing on my husband and his 'thing' or on the reconciliation work I'm planning for me and him, that kind of negativity and self-doubt seems to just be a part of going through a very bad end of a relationship.

And I'm not just talking about using LM products to help, but any little mental tricks you or other rootworkers you know have picked up over the years. I really don't want to shoot myself in the foot (and then be forced to go back and redo what I just did spell-wise because of it) but I'm finding it very hard not to right now.
Thanks and Praise to Dr. Hernandez, St. Jude and St. Anthony for all you have done, and continue to do on my behalf. My eternal thanks to you for your many blessings!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:44 am

When working on a situation that is particularly worrisome for me, I will generally come up with an affirmation (a prayer could work as well) to go along with that work that supports it at the outset so that I'll have it ready when it's needed. Then, whenever I find myself thinking negatively or worrying or doubting, I catch myself and repeat the affirmation to myself a few times putting all my spirit into it until I feel filled with the power of it and have taken my mind off the negative track it was on. That has worked well for me.

AmaSarah

Unread post by AmaSarah » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:47 am

Hi, I have a thread called "He keeps coming but he just doesn't stay" where Starsinthesky7 offers me some suggestions on how to deal with negative thoughts. I found them helpful. Try looking it up. You may want to give something she mentions on there a shot. Good luck. oh, and the baths, as suggested by ConjureMan, help quite a bit.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”