Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Deities, Angels, Spirits, Saints: Questions about Techniques

bubba

Unread post by bubba » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:54 pm

HI Freinds

Firstly would like to say a big Thank you to CAT. shes amazing, isnt she, providing so much information and free spells and help!!!I I can see u all nodding your heads and agreeing with me. wow, and so are her team of soldiers who man and work this site and great shop. bravo to u all.Thank u.

Well, the reason i am posting this topic is as follows:

I already told u guys in Inroductions that i'm Male to Female Transexual. That is, i was born a man but always felt i was a woman, maybe due to being raised by 8 sisters, or chemical imbalance while conceived, or maybe because i was raped as a child and subjected to male-to-male sex.

I'm over my pain mentally and am proud that i am a successful fashion model and actress in my country. I'm in the net and feature usually in magazines as a model without anyone expecting that i was a man,once. I also am a herbalist and a tree planter, i am with Green lobby groups who protect animals and nature, i also do charity work for the elderly and Children as a part time social worker.

I was so happy for 7 years with the man i loved, who new what and who i was.. i loved that man who accepted me and my situation and inreturn i gave him true love.

But last year his parents discovered our secret love, and they found out through his confessing to them that im Transexual. What they did is as follows:

They put a spell on him to break us up. It has.

They went to far in their work that my partner went mad mentally for 6 months. Now he is coming back slowly.

They put a spell on me through belongings which he has which made me sick, and get panic attacks; also i started seeing black shadows in the house and at times i couldn't breath; i lost work, and money and life kinda feels dark.

I found this all out by several trusted spiritualists

They all told me that my partner and me are under spells which are being worked by dead spirits and djinns to break us apart. It's worked!!

I'm crying as i write this, because love is painful and they seem to be winning --his family that is.

He hardly calls, and when we do secretly meet hw is so scared of his family. i think they have a controlling spell on him. he is constantly angry at me..

And when i meet him i get nervous, angry, and resentful too..

What i really want is help to clean up this mess.

i need protection firstly.

second, i need to clean him up, and install back all that love they have washed out of him.

and i need to get rid of these evil entities flying around the house and me and him.

Please, guys, help. any suggestions where to start?

Thank u

sophy

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: What Protects When Family Used Djinns to Break Up Lovers?

Unread post by Miss Bri » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:40 am

Hi Sophy,
I am sorry to hear of your troubles. Before stating the kind of magical work that you can do for yourself, I think that you should know that in my experience when I see a couple that wants to be together but one of the partner's parents do not like the other partner it makes things difficult. If your partner is influenced by his parents in any way then this will be hard going for you. It sounds like you have had some divination performed around this issue and that you have received information from several sources that your partner's parents are working against you. This means that you will either have to stop this situation or you will need to be prepared to do consistent magical cleansing and protecting both for yourself and your partner on a regular basis. In other words, the situation you have outlined is one that will require attention and upkeep on your part. With that said, there are some practical things you can do magically to help yourself and your partner.

1.) Cleanse yourself and your partner. Its customary to start any major work with a series of spiritual baths: http://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html
Baths are used for cleansing, healing, and purifying. For your case I would use the 13 Herb bath: http://herb-magic.com/13herb-bath-13.html
You can also use other spiritual products like VanVan or Uncrossing bath crystals for this. From what you have described not only you have been affected but your partner has been as well. So he will also need to clean with a similar series of spiritual baths. If that is not possible then you will need to be sneaky and sneak in cleansing products in ways he won't suspect so that he comes into contact with them. A little 13 herb bath tea water in his shampoo and conditioner bottles, maybe a good, strong, lemon grass soap, vanvan sachet powder in his shoes, etc. This personal cleansing process is meant to take the crossed conditions that have been placed on you and your partner and get rid of them, banishing them from your life. The intention is to purify yourself so that you will be sparkly clean and ready for the work ahead.

2.) Cleanse your home. Just as you and your love have been affected, so has your home space. Using Chinese Wash or a similarly powerful cleansing product clean your home space back to front and top to bottom. After you have cleaned a room light a small candle, perhaps annointed with peaceful home oil or olive oil that you have prayed over. Since you mention Jinn I would also burn some Aspand: http://www.luckymojo.com/aspand.html
My best friend is Iranian and when we went up to Lucky Mojo she was delighted to see this potent herb that is blessing and protecting. After you have thoroughly cleaned your home space you might want to burn some of this throughout your house.

3.) Lay down protection: For your home, your self, and your partner. Here is a whole page of cat's on Protective Spells: http://www.luckymojo.com/protectionspells.html
There are so many options and depending on what your cultural background is you will find that some resonate with you more strongly than others. When you are working protection think about all of the layers that can be affected by negative work. Protect the perimeter of your home and your property. Protect your vehicle if you have one, protect your person and your partner as well. I really love Fiery Wall of Protection Products myself: http://www.luckymojo.com/fierywall.html

4.) All of the above suggestions are to help you play defensively. They teach you how to clean your space and person of negative influences and how to protect that space and person once it has been cleaned. Now you need to think about how to play offense. If there is any chance that your partner's parents could become reconciled to your relationship then I would start a honey jar on them and work to sweeten them towards you and draw them to you. If, however, there is no possibility of that then you may need to look into reversing some of their work that it sends trouble to them and keeps the trouble from you.

5.) Do some work between yourself and your partner to restore the love, tenderness, and passion that you had in your relationship. Again, here is a whole page on love spells: http://www.luckymojo.com/lovespells.html
I would also do peaceful home work and combine some Clarity products in that work so that you and your partner have a peaceful environment and communicate to one another clearly.

This is just a beginning. I am sure that you will receive lots of other great advice here.

Good luck!
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

bubba

Unread post by bubba » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:02 pm

Dear Bri

I am very thankful to u, Bri. U took the time to answer my query and for that i am very grateful. I am a humble person and my mother always teached me 'if someone gives u a penny then u should return a pound'.

I hope u find peace and love in your life too, and i will keep on fighting for my love, because i really love him. And i'm sure others will come here and give me sound advice too.

xxx my darling Bri. Thank u, sweety

Abraxas

Unread post by Abraxas » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:28 am

Coming from more of a ritual magick background, wherin any deities you have a relationship with you usually have a pretty good insight into. I understand hoodoo not being a religion, but I still have the instinctual need to learn and know more about each saint. Aside from just knowing "St. Anthony is good for this..." "San Jude for this...." Where can I go for a deeper understanding of the significance of saints for use within the hoodoo context?

Thanks alot

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Working with the Saints

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:17 pm

Hello, Abraxas.

I will get to the matter of saints in a moment, but i feel it is important to set some groundwork in place for you first.

Hoodoo is a type of domestic, community-based folk magic. It is neither a formal religion nor a folk religion, although home practitioners and professional rootworkers within the community frequently make references to, and use of, elements found within, the religions and religious denominations popular within their regional communities.

Most practitioners of Hoodoo are Protestant Christians, and of those, most are Baptists. Cathlic practitioners of hoodoo are a relatively small minority simply because the percentage of Black Americans who are Catholics is small relative to the Black population as a whole.

There are historical reasons for this that everyone who is interested in studying hoodoo should understand: African American hoodoo did not develop in the largely Catholic French-speaking, Spanish-speaking, and Portuguese-speaking colonies of the Caribbean and South America, but instead grew up in the English-speaking and primarily Protestant colonies of England in North America.

This history explains why hoodoo so closely resembles the African diasporic obeah folk magic of the former British colonies of Jamaica, the Bahamas, Trinidad, and Tobago -- and is so different from the African diasporic folk magic of Catholic French-, Spanish-, and Portuguese-speaking Haiti, Cuba, and Brazil. There are overlaps and resemblances in the African portions of the work in all these regions of the African diaspora -- but the religious differences of the practitioners are great, and the cultural admixtures from slave-owners, indentured servants, and Native peoples are highly different in each region. To give but one example, the Black folk magic of Cuba carries within it elements of the White Catholic folk magic of Spain, while the Black folk magic of Georgia carries within it elements of the White Protestant folk magic of England and Ireland with admixtures of Cherokee belief and customs.

The Protestants generally, and the Baptists specifically, do not harbour either a dogmatic belief in nor a cultural veneration for saints. So, when talking of saints in hoodoo, we are speaking of a relatively small and localized phenomenon, centered only on areas of the American South where Catholicism and Catholic-influenced portions of the Spiritual Church Movement have thrived. These are the rural and urban areas of Louisiana (formerly a Spanish, and later a French colony, before the Louisiana Purchase) and small urban areas of Baltimore, Washington DC, Chicago, Philadelphia, and New York, where immigration and cultural mixing are prevalent.

The folk Catholicism of American Black Catholic practitioners of hoodoo resembles closely the folk Catholicism of their Mediterranean Catholic fellow-immigrants -- that is, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Sicilian folk Catholicism. Their legends of the works and efficacy of Saint Anthony, Saint Michael, Saint Christopher, Saint Expedite and others tend to closely resemble the folk Catholic beliefs and practices of the Mediterranean. One addition to the typical Mediterranean veneration of folk saints is the African American Catholic veneration of the Peruvian Black saint Martin de Porres, adopted during the early 20th century. Because of his race, this saint's fame spread rapidly throughout all African diasporic communities in the Americas, without derivation from a European cultic center.

In order to study and practice working with the saints in hoodoo, your first step would be to simply familiarize yourself with European Catholic beliefs. The online Catholic Encyclopedia at newadvent.com is a great primary research tool. More handy would be a "Dictionary of the Saints." There are several such books, and they are all available through standard book outlets. A quick online guide can be found at my own web page, "Patron Saints for Various Occupations and Conditions," which is at

http://luckymojo.com/patronsaints.html

After you understand the symbolic association between saints and specific life situations and know when their feast days are, you can follow up with a study of the details of folk Catholic beliefs regarding the saints, such as what colours of candles they like, or what food offerings they prefer. After that, you can see how such customs were adapted to practice by Free Persons of Color in the USA during the 19th century, by Freedmen after Emancipation and Reconstruction, and how they have developed more recently among modern African American Catholics during the 20th and 21st centuries.

Gaining knowledge and learning specific practices are largely matters of inquiry among contemporary folk Catholic adherents. One book that serves well for this purpose is "The Magical Power of the Saints" by Ray Malborough, which supplies some beliefs, customs, and prayers from New Orleans. It is not an exhaustively complete work, but it was the first of is kind and has proven its popularity over many years.

I hope this helps.
catherine yronwode

Abraxas

Unread post by Abraxas » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:52 pm

It helps immensely, thank you very much.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Thanks for asking, and thus allowing me to reply. The above material will be added to "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" soon, in order to make it more readily accessible to readers.
catherine yronwode

bubba

Magic of Middle East, India, Pakistan, South Asia

Unread post by bubba » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi friends

I personally wanted to ask anyone who is aware of Magic which comes from these regions. The practitioner or the Magician within these cultures relies heavily on the use of dead spirits and Djinns which are living amongst us on a different frequency. They are created from fire as man was created from clay.

Now to capture these dead spirits or Djinns to help your work means that the Magician has to go through a certain ritual in order to capture these beings with great danger to himself and risk. In fact i grew up seeing people from these regions possessed by so called Djinns and spirits and saw with my own eyes how hard it was for the magicians to tackle such a matter.

A lot of the work which comes from these areas of the world relies 85 percent on the manipulation and use of these spirits and Djinns.

An example would be for a cheating husband, or a lady who refuses to marry, or somone plain intent to making someone else's life hell, all these and many situations are usually manipulated and influenced by the use of these beings by the magicians.

They have these Beings under their control and so send them on missions to turn and twist the mind of man, until the mission is complete.

Its not uncommon for the recipient of this torment from spirits or Djinns to experience unusual pains and headaches, and crying for no reason, and other symptoms such as excessive hunger, no sleep, shoulder pain, anxiety, depression, feeling foggy, etc..

People have known to take the work as far as making people mad, and even death.

What i really would love a comment from u guys is how, for example, the Uncrossing baths, or Fiery Walls would work against spirits and Djinns who are on missions from their master the magician who controls and torments them to carry out the mission in hand. Are all these formulas international Magic PROOF?

Do u think these formulas are strong enough to handle such powerful magic, with adequate power to block the magic, and cleanse out an outer being possessing a human to do as the magician requires.

And also i was wondering if there is mention of Djinns or Demons in hoodoo tradition.

Before i go i want to tell u friends of a situation which i witnessed in Pakistan last year. A well known magician who has now passed carried out the ceremony on the lady. He was trained in Ghana and was trained in Black Arts -- the Ritual contained a lot of sacrifice of animals and the use of Blood from certain Animals.

i saw how the magician used various herbs, trees and shrubs and then made a clay figure and washed it with blood. Then at 12 midnight we went to the riverside where he bathed the sick woman who was possessed and could not walk. Somone laid a bad trick on her, in her food and home, and she was bed-bound for 20 years. This curse was very powerful as i could see the magician sweating and shaking whilst reading his spells.

Finally what was to come was just enough to make any non-believer a believer. I and 4 people who accompanied this poor woman saw the most shocking of things. The tray which was carrying the clay figure was laid by the magician at the riverside and the clay woman figure which was covered in blood came to life(!) and started to cry and plead with the magician. At this point i nearly cried and was quite scared at what i was witnessing. The magician ordered the clay woman figure to go into the river, and so it did where it dissolved with the magic. This act took away the lady's suffering and after 2 months she regained her legs and now is very happy and content.

This was just 1 example of situations which we people in these lands witness and see. It's not uncommon here to hear of someone turning into a dog, and even blood being seen pouring from walls. magic here is very very serious, and it is part of everyday life. It's not taboo like in the west, HERE MAGIC IS REALITY. ITS PART OF LIFE.

What would anyone suggest the best means of protecting oneself from such strong magic, and Djinns and Spirits?

Thanks.

Literarylioness

Re: Magic of Middle East, India, Pakistan, South Asia

Unread post by Literarylioness » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:21 am

I am not too familiar with Middle Eastern magic, but there are similar phenomena of possessions in Vodou and other African Traditional Religions. Working with volatile spirits is common in many African traditions. In Hoodoo, we work with the dead quite often. That is not unusual.

Protection is protection, no matter what the cultural context. Protecting yourself from anything is always helpful. You would need to get a reading to find out what is really going on psychically if you have been cursed. That reading will help in what course of action you need to take.

Mary

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:34 pm

As Mary mentioned, the spirits of the dead -- both our friendly and helpful ancestors, loved ones, and friends, as well as the "wicked" dead and those who "died bad" -- are emloyed (and paid) in hoodoo as allies or helpers, depending on the type of work one wishes to do.

The term Djinns is a Muslim name for a class of fiery spirit beings, as you explained. I have never heard this term used specifically in hoodoo, but there is recognition of spirit beings who are not the dead or of the dead -- angels and protector spirits as well as evil or tormenting spirits, demons, and spirits of disease. These ideas are found throughout Africa, as well as in Judaism, from whence came Christianity, the religion practiced by most conjure doctors.

As far as the removal of possessions by evil spirits go -- such as the situation you witnessed in Pakistan -- we find this same sort of work is quite common in Judaism and Christianity as well. In the Catholic Christian church a ceremony of removal of an unclean or demonic spirit is called an exorcism. In Protestant Christianity, it is called a deliverance, and certain Protestant churches are well known for their deliverance ministries, during which demons and evil spirits are removed from the bodies of sufferers, often in mass ceremonies.

In dealing with a fiery spirit though conjure, the Fiery Wall of Protection forumlas, which contain hot, burning, and destructive elements, would be most appropriate, because we follow the old rule, "Fight fire with fire" -- that is, we create a perimeter of spiritually "scorched earth" around the person to be protected, and without fuel, fire cannot jump that burned-over ground.

We also have another hoodoo tradition of protection formulas or condition oils -- usually just called Protection, sometimes called Guardian Angel protection -- in which the elements are soothing, settling, enveloping, watchful, and guiding.

The two formulas are used differently. If a person is going on a journey or a child is just starting school, for instance, we might dress their clothes for protection by washing them with some Protection Bath Crystals in the rinse water of the laundry. We might also set a Protection Candle for them in the home. On the other hand, if the person is being or has been attacked, physically or spiritually, by a person, dead spirit, or evil spirit, we would perform more elaborate work. We would first cleanse them of all contact and break the link to the attacker, then we would utilize Fiery Wall of Protection to keep the attacker at bay, with a burning wall of spiritual flame.
catherine yronwode

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:08 pm

You might want to have a look at St. Dymphna and the products used in petitioning her for assistance as well.

Johannes
Forum Moderator - Author - Specialist in Swedish Trolldom - AIRR Member - HRCC G-A #0321

nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread post by nagasiva » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:21 pm

hi bubba,

I personally wanted to ask anyone who is aware of Magic which comes from these regions. The practitioner or the Magician within these cultures relies heavily on the use of dead spirits and Djinns which are living amongst us on a different frequency. They are created from fire as man was created from clay.

What would anyone suggest the best means of protecting oneself from such strong magic, and Djinns and Spirits?

in the Qur'an there is a 'Surah Jinn' that deals with this subject, and it is generally believed by those who live in the Middle East that certain scriptural recitations are powerful enough to produce an exorcism, no matter what the scripture about which the belief obtains. you can find a page about recitation of surahs for various conditions at the YIPPIE website. it is my understanding that in general the djinns are of ambiguous character, whereas what should really apply for the English 'demon' here would be 'shaitans', which are presumed malicious and immoral.

there are exorcisms of many types featured at YouTube, and some of these might touch on the style for which you are seeking. I know for years now there's been one on a Muslim exorcism here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTEshwPppFM&feature=PlayList&p=BCA45E1B8D3679CD&index=6

one of the items that we carry at Lucky Mojo that comes from the Middle East, especially for protection, is a seed known as 'Aspand' or 'Espand'. you can read a page that catherine has written about the protective prayer said with Aspand at this web page:

http://www.luckymojo.com/aspand.html

others have covered at least initially how to protect against spirits and strong magic from within hoodoo tradition. I wanted to be sure you knew that we were also aware of Middle Eastern magic, and that Lucky Mojo has quite a bit of protective supplies (esp. in defense against the Evil Eye) which are applicable and come from that area of the world.

assalam alaykum,
nagasiva yronwode
https://www.facebook.com/nagasiva.yronwode
forum@luckymojo.com (Forum Tech Help)

bubba

Unread post by bubba » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:06 pm

Hi nagasiva or i should say waleykumsallam

First of all Thank u Catherine, literary, and other freinds and all. My prays and goodwishs to u all. Please forgive my spelling mistakes and grammer. Im arab and im not much around western text and literature.

I would like to say thank u for all your wonderful responses on trying to help each other. Your energies impress me constanyly and your efforts to help.

In regards to the post U posted nagasiva about protection from the quran u are very right Surah JINN is and can be recited in rights of a exorcism. The reason i want more information on this subjects is because i have expereined magic with myself, my family and people.

I have always tried to help people and family members aswell as myself who have some kind of spell or work cast upon them. Most of the time i have tried praying, or trying to cleanse for example my sister who is still to this day possesed by some kinda jinni.

She cant seem to eat meat, when she does she gets fits, she crys sometimes no reasons, and like the film exorcist she sometimes talks in a man voice and demands and curses, the family have seen practistioners who we have paid stupid amounts of money, and to no result, she still seems to be getting sick..everyone kinda now is ignoring her and she seems to be getting good at keeping this to herself.

I thought shes my sister why is she denying and hideing this thing inside her..so i decided to do the work myself,,,i didnt kno about luckymojo or anything else..i just picked up the holy book and started smoking her with incense and reciting the holy words,,,as normal exorcists...i had been pre warned that what was inside her is a Afreet' or a superpowerful Jinni.....

well basicly i did it,,she started the man voice thing and started huffing and puffing and laughing and crying and i started feeling a disgusting feeling i cannot describe.. i felt like somone or something is crawling on my skin,,and inside me..and i felt dizzy..and sick,,nautious,,,and afraid,,and like im going mad..,ear pain,,shoulder pain,,,it was horiible..so i stopped!!!

It was enough to put me off to try ever again,

But that situation and my own now...has made me think,,,that i want a real chance to learn HODOOO>> and that i want to help so many sick people..my family..myself,,.and so many people inflicted with this pain..at the cost of nothing,,,to help another is to please GOD. God gets much pleasure from serving his creation. I find its spirit food.

So im gonna try again guys....

This time with u all with me...your suppplies,,,your prays...your advice...im not gonna be afraid...im feeling all my sisters here and brothers are with and behinde me...the power of catherine,,nagasiva,,and all......

thank u

and wish me luck... and advice...

xxx

cabriellenil

Unread post by cabriellenil » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:40 am

My goodness...I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. If I were in your shoe, though, I'd get a professional worker to do the spell work for me (supposing money is available). What they're doing sounds pretty hardcore and it'd require some serious work for you to really protect yourself and your relationship. It's too much work and burden for you to handle it on your own.

bubba

Cultural Viewpoint and Questions

Unread post by bubba » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:46 pm

Hi brethren

Love the Site...and Cat and Nagasiva and All u helpful folks out here...really love this forum. Anyway..just wanted to say,,

In the country where i live when a practitioner or spirit doctor does a spell, etc..it is done usually in the typical formula...7-14-21 days..it is then waited upon even as long as 3 months, but whilst this is happening, the Spirit Dr or Practisioner usually does something which we call Hisaab Kitaab. Or Totaling UP the Book.

This Hisaab Kittab or totaling up the book is a formula like numerology to see what is happening in that person or persons life, It indicates if the magic is working or not. more experiened Spirit Drs will summon a Fiery Spirit and ask the spirit questions regarding the status of the job in hand. Other Drs will Go to the Graveyards and ask spirits on the status and workings of the spell. this ensures continuius checking on the work in hand.

Two question which i have is:

A) when amateur people like me are doing spells etc., what or how can we perform divination work on checking on how the spell is going?? :?

B) Does the corresspondence course teach methods on talking to spirits or working through them or understanding the capturing of spirit entities like solomanic magick or plain grevyard work the the old african way??

Thanks love out xxxxx

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Cultural Viewpoint and Questions

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:07 pm

bubba wrote:Hi brethren

Love the Site..and Cat and Nagasiva and All u helpful folks out here..really love this forum,,. Anyway..just wanted to say,,

In the country where i live when a practisioner or spirit dr does a spell..etc..it is done usually in the typical formulie...7-14-21 days..it is then waited upon even as long as 3 months,..but whilst this is hapening the Spirit Dr or Practisioner usually does something which we call./Hisaab Kitaab. Or Totaling UP the Book.

This Hisaab Kittab or totaling up the book is a formula like numerology to see what is happening in that person or persons life, It indicates if the magic is working or not,,more experiened Spirit Drs will summon a Fiery Spirit,,,and ask the spirit questions regarding the status of the job in hand..Other Drs will Go to the Graveyards and ask spirits on the status and workings of the spell..this ensures,,continuius checking on the work in hand..
This sounds fascinating, I have not heard of this practice specifically, but I think I have a sense of what you are talking about generally.
bubba wrote:Two question which i have is,,,

A when ameatuer people like me are doing spells etc..what or how can we perform divination work..on checking on how the spell is going,,?? :?
Every person does divination a little differently, but some common methods include using tarot cards or regular playing cards, using a pendulum (especially good for yes or no questions), reading tea leaves, or observing what happens around you and determining whether you are seeing signs that indicate a favorable or unfavorable outcome.

There is another thread on this forum about looking for signs, but as a really quick example of what I mean, a lot of people will actually get a great deal of information on how their spell work is going by observing the way their candle(s) burn. Is there a heart shape forming in the wax of your red love candle? Things are probably going well. Are candles representing people that you want to get out of your life melting all over your altar with their wax coming straight towards you? You may have to work on them harder to get rid of them. Typically the first place I look to after I have done work is how the work itself is going, especially when I am burning candles. You can learn a lot that way.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:50 am

Thanks for telling us about the Hisaab Kittab. That was interesting!

As to your second question, in the Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course i do describe a number of ways that folks work with and talk to spirits. I do not teach it in a hands-on way, as this is a correspondence or long-distance course, but there are several chapters in the book on how to work with spirits, especially those of the dead. One of the homework assignments is for the student to create a relationship with a spirit of the dead and to send me evidence of that work. There is also a chapter in the course on methods of divination.
catherine yronwode

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:58 pm

bubba wrote:
This Hisaab Kittab or totaling up the book is a formula like numerology to see what is happening in that person or persons life, It indicates if the magic is working or not. more experiened Spirit Drs will summon a Fiery Spirit and ask the spirit questions regarding the status of the job in hand. Other Drs will Go to the Graveyards and ask spirits on the status and workings of the spell. this ensures continuius checking on the work in hand.

Two question which i have is:

A) when amateur people like me are doing spells etc., what or how can we perform divination work on checking on how the spell is going?? :?

B) Does the corresspondence course teach methods on talking to spirits or working through them or understanding the capturing of spirit entities like solomanic magick or plain grevyard work the the old african way??

Thanks love out xxxxx
In Vodou, we consult the Loa about work. Usually they appear to us in dreams, but we can call them to our altars to speak with them too.

As far as working with the dead, I have certain spirits I work with for work. I have a deceased friend who likes to work on love work with me. Usually, if the work entails some form of reversing or damning, I only ask the Spirit's assistance once and move on.

Mary

Abraxas

Long Standing Deity Offertory Candles

Unread post by Abraxas » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:08 pm

I was wondering if it's ever been a common practice to use altar candles devoted to your most favored/kindred saint or spirit, to keep in long standing use for all your works? I know that there are different common offertory things done, and from all different cultures like leaving drinks on the altar (I know not necessarily in hoodoo) like alcohol or water. I'm just wondering if candles are used (maybe big ones, maybe many regular sized ones) on an ongoing basis that are there to stand for the same thing...throughout many of your workings.

I'm not asking this because I feel like doing away with the concept of doing single candle rituals on single (or a few) candles for major workings. But I'd like to know if there's such a thing known as keeping other candles around like a back up, representing the same forces, that you've built up a relationship with. I apologize if this is another annoying theorizing post, I'm probably still banking on too much of my ritual magick up bringing but I think this hunch is at least worth asking about.

As far as long term stuff goes, what about the more ongoing rituals? Ongoing peaceful home and money growing candles, just in a succession, constantly, seem like two worthwhile projects to always be in practice, is that type of work seen? Or would other hoodoo practitioners recommend to do one working, wait for results, do another working, wait for results.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Long Standing Deity Offertory Candles

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:17 pm

It is extremely common to keep either ongoing or sequentially burned lights at the altar in hoodoo. Lighting one from the previous light, setting lighs daily or three times a week, lighting them for 15 minutes twice a day -- many forms of long standing candle work can be found in conjure.

However, please note that this is not usually done, as you theorized, out of devotion to saints or "deities" (plural) in hoodoo. Most practitioners of hoodoo are Baptists or members of another Protestant denomination. That means, in case you are not familiar with Christian beliefs, that they worship one deity (Jehovah) and do not venerate saints.

In the Spiritual Church Movement, which is a variably Christian group of allied churches that emphasize the spiritual nature of God, i have seen folks make up a large, deep baking pan filled with sand and stand 100 small candles in the sand in rows and light one per day.

You wrote: "I apologize if this is another annoying theorizing post." I accept your apology. :-)
catherine yronwode

sahjia

need to know about sura.

Unread post by sahjia » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:20 pm

salaam alaykum i glad i read this page i was wandering which sura should i recit after the 13 harbs cleansing any other cleansing if there is some how knows about it please ilt me know i need to know .and also which sura is for the nucrossing mirror box . thank u for this page and web sid .

bubba

Unread post by bubba » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:10 am

Hi sahija

Im not sure i Understand when u mentioned about mirror box.

Deafinatly try the 13th herb Uncrossing bath and i would say as CAT mentioned that if its a strong job then do it or 13 days.

As a Muslim Perspective In regards to Surahs generally for Magic Uncrossing and Spirit protection it is recomended to read Surah Bakara especially last to ayats, Surah Nas< Falaq, Ikhlas, Surah Yaseen and Surah Musa, and generally the Ayatul Kursi.

Goodluck

sahjia

Unread post by sahjia » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:09 pm

hi i wanted to know which sura should recit when i do the uncrossing mirror box it s for the enamy work to keep away . and it s dark work and also i like to know about the time ,day and moon for this kind of spell .thanks

James

Unread post by James » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:17 pm

Here are a few traditional methods for jinn possession, many of them are from classic texts concerning the jinn by writers like Al-Buni, and from more contemporary Moroccan sources:
Jinn are usually driven out with the help of angels, particularly the four Archangels (Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, Azrael) and with frankincense. Jinn dislike rue, so that would be another good incense. They also dislike iron and salt.

Clarabella
Forum Member

Working with Deities, Angels, Spirits, Saints: Techniques

Unread post by Clarabella » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:42 am

I hope this hasn't been covered elsewhere - if so, I apologize.

When you petition a saint, having made the petition paper and burned the candle, does one need to keep doing this until the petition is granted?

I have noticed some people indicating they do this every day for a specified length of time -- which, to me, makes the petition more like a novena -- and some do not.

Also, it hasn't been clear to me how/what to carve on the candle when petitioning a saint. Is the name of the saint sufficient?

I'm very much a newcomer to this subject so any guidance will be helpful. Thank you.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Newbie Question About Working with Saints

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:28 am

HI Clarabella,

As you have noticed there are several different ways to approach this matter. A novena prayer is a prayer that you would say repeatedly usually over 9 days.
Many folks will write out their petition paper and give it to the saint once, and the light a candle or a section of a candle every day until their desire is granted, they may also while the candle is lit say a prayer to the Saint.
Other saints have specific days that you work with them on, Wednesday, for instance, is St. Expedite's day.
When working with most Saints it is also traditional to make an offering to them at the same time that you are petitioning for their help and aid. Again, St. Expedite is different in this respect as most give him his requisite flowers and pound cake after he has come through for them.
Yet again, people make choose designated days of the week during which they light a candle and pray--like Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

As to your question about carving candles, you can carve the Saint's name, a short version of your petition, or nothing at all and just anoint the candle with the Saint's appropriate oil. A full list of Saint's oils can be found here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatoils.html#catholic

And here is a list of Saints and the conditions they are patrons of:
http://www.luckymojo.com/patronsaints.html

good luck,
Bri

Clarabella
Forum Member

Unread post by Clarabella » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:49 am

Thank you for your help, Bri. If you have lit a candle and worked with it a bit each day until there is no candle left, would you assume your petition has not been granted and begin the work over again? Or would you just leave the petition as it is and begin a new candle?

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:41 am

Clarabella wrote:Thank you for your help, Bri. If you have lit a candle and worked with it a bit each day until there is no candle left, would you assume your petition has not been granted and begin the work over again? Or would you just leave the petition as it is and begin a new candle?
That really depends on what kind of petition you have going. If it is something that has a definite time limit--like I need X by or before March 15th, then you have a solid date to work with by which the petition has or has not been granted. But if you are working a more general petition then I keep them going until I have a definite answer one way or the other or I go past my own (self-imposed) time limit.

good luck,
Bri

Clarabella
Forum Member

Unread post by Clarabella » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:22 am

Thank you, Bri. I guess that gives me an impetus to place a time limit on these kinds of workings from the outset, which I suppose makes sense anyway.

Literarylioness

Re: Newbie question about working with saints

Unread post by Literarylioness » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Clarabella wrote:Thank you, Bri. I guess that gives me an impetus to place a time limit on these kinds of workings from the outset, which I suppose makes sense anyway.
Well, this is a tricky question, because you might be petitioning the wrong saint. Each saint has a special field of work. For example, St. Jude is the saint for the miraculous. If you petition him to get married and you don't, I would ask what is so miraculous about getting married? 98% of people get married, so that would not be a great request for him. St. Raphael is the saint for healing, travel, and finding marriage partners though, so I would petition him for that.

I burn seven day candles continuously for St. Anthony (my family saint) and the Infant of Prague. I don't really have time limits on those, because those are my general candles.

It all really depends,

Mary

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:41 pm

I am asking St. Francis and St. Crypian to help with my Psychic Vision spell kit and candle for animal communication are there any special days for these Saints or anything else?.Thanks for the help.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:32 am

Sharona22 wrote:I am asking St. Francis and St. Crypian to help with my Psychic Vision spell kit and candle for animal communication are there any special days for these Saints or anything else?.Thanks for the help.
Hi Sharona,

This is a great example of a question that you can answer for yourself by looking up both Saints on the web. Start with the Lucky Mojo website, then look them up on a good search engine like google. The reason that I suggest doing this is that you are going to be petitioning and working with the Saints, and in order to really do that, you need to get to know them. You even have a specific question so with a little bit of research you can invest time and energy into getting a relationship with St. Francis and St. Cyprian started!

good luck,
Bri

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:18 pm

Thanks for the the honesty and yor are right when I was doing the wiccan thing I looked up and had a relationship with alot of the gods and goddeses it also gave me a ton of knowledge.

Clarabella
Forum Member

Unread post by Clarabella » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:41 am

Well, this is a tricky question, because you might be petitioning the wrong saint. Each saint has a special field of work.
I should have made my request a little clearer than I did. In this case, I was working with St. Expedite. I'm familiar with saints but in a kind of lapsed Catholic way rather than in a hoodoo way. ;) I was raised to appeal to the particular saints that my family traditionally called upon - St. Anthony, St. Jude, St. Christopher for the most part. I know how to pray to the saints but am a beginner in approaching them in the manner that rootworkers do.
I burn seven day candles continuously for St. Anthony (my family saint) and the Infant of Prague. I don't really have time limits on those, because those are my general candles.
So you have a candle burning for St. Anthony every day? He is my special saint and has answered for me some requests that were literally impossible. I would like to honor him in all appropriate ways that are open to me. I've begun by burning a candle to him on his day of the week (Tuesday) each week and making offerings of coffee, which seems to be received well. I've never offered anything while making my petition, but have said what I would do if the petition is granted. Is this inappropriate? I usually donate money to a charity in his name when a petition is granted.

Thank you, Mary, for replying.

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:00 pm

I have bee looking up info as Bri recommended but have not found a place where St Francis and StCrpyian days to be worked on can be found any link ideas I know i should be doing footwork and I never minded that

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:51 pm

Hey Sharona,
If you aren't finding mention of specific days for making offerings then the two saints you are working with may not have them. St. Expedite's day is Wednesday and that goes back to pre-Christian tradition. If your Saints do not seem to have specific days on which to work with them then Sunday is always a good day as is anytime you have need. Just be sure to offer them flowers, etc in thanks :-)

take care,
Bri

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:13 pm

Sun. blessing sounds good,thanks I will also be making aspca donation for st.francis

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Clarabella wrote: I should have made my request a little clearer than I did. In this case, I was working with St. Expedite. I'm familiar with saints but in a kind of lapsed Catholic way rather than in a hoodoo way. ;) I was raised to appeal to the particular saints that my family traditionally called upon - St. Anthony, St. Jude, St. Christopher for the most part. I know how to pray to the saints but am a beginner in approaching them in the manner that rootworkers do.
So you have a candle burning for St. Anthony every day? He is my special saint and has answered for me some requests that were literally impossible. I would like to honor him in all appropriate ways that are open to me. I've begun by burning a candle to him on his day of the week (Tuesday) each week and making offerings of coffee, which seems to be received well. I've never offered anything while making my petition, but have said what I would do if the petition is granted. Is this inappropriate? I usually donate money to a charity in his name when a petition is granted.

Thank you, Mary, for replying.
Well, if you are a lapsed Catholic, you already know about working with the saints! You do it just like you did when you were a kid. I was taught the nine day novena and the donation in the saint's honor at the end of the novena. This has always worked for me. I always make the donation no matter what, because to do otherwise is not quite right. I don't hold the offering as a form of bribe. It is an offering and as far as not getting your petition granted, it might just be in your best interest not to have your request granted.

Hoodoo has primarily Protestant Christian roots, so you want find too much on working with saints. The saints have become popular due to the influence of Latin America and Catholic ATRs.

Yes, I burn a St. Anthony candle continuously and he has never failed me. His feast day is June 13 and his birthday is August 15. I do nine day novenas leading up to his feast day and birthday. I also go to church and light a candle for him on those days. He has many charities in his name and is pretty amazing, because even the Catholic Church encourages people to work with him and that's saying a lot.

This is his prayer:

Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
"Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints"
O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God and Charity for His creatures, made you worthy, when on earth, to possess miraculous powers. Encouraged by this thought, I implore you to obtain for me (request). O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the sweet Infant Jesus, who loved to be folded in your arms and the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours. Amen.

Good luck!

Mary

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:00 pm

This is a beautiful prayer,what is St. Anthonys specific help issues?Also I am working with st francis in my animal communication spell and will donate time and money at the end of petition do I need to do the 9 day novena,I also heard that I should recite the psalm 23.Please give me any input on this because I will be starting in about 11 days

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:47 pm

Sharona22 wrote:This is a beautiful prayer,what is St. Anthonys specific help issues?Also I am working with st francis in my animal communication spell and will donate time and money at the end of petition do I need to do the 9 day novena,I also heard that I should recite the psalm 23.Please give me any input on this because I will be starting in about 11 days
St. Anthony is noted for finding lost objects, missing people, infertility, and many other attributes.

I actually posted St. Francis of Assisi's prayer for your other question in another section. His feast day is October 4.If I work with any saint, I do a nine day novena. The petition is part of the nine day novena.

Since you want to work with St. Francis, why not learn a bit about him? Here is one link to his history via the Catholic Church. http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=50 Here is another bio on him: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06221a.htm

I really cannot give you a crash course on the Roman Catholic Church, but there are tons of websites on working with saints and petitioning them.

Hope that helps,

Mary

Clarabella
Forum Member

Unread post by Clarabella » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:31 am

Well, if you are a lapsed Catholic, you already know about working with the saints! You do it just like you did when you were a kid. I was taught the nine day novena and the donation in the saint's honor at the end of the novena. This has always worked for me. I always make the donation no matter what, because to do otherwise is not quite right. I don't hold the offering as a form of bribe. It is an offering and as far as not getting your petition granted, it might just be in your best interest not to have your request granted.

Thank you so much for answering, Mary, and for your patience and help. Actually, my mother was a lapsed Catholic but her lapse didn't go so far as to not ask "her saints" for intervention. :) We never did anything so formal as a novena and were taught the rhyme many people know: Anthony, Anthony, please come round, something's lost and can't be found. As a child, repetition of that rhyme was, to me, like dialing St. Anthony's number - something I did so that he could hear me. I've always felt he was close and have tried, since my introduction to conjure, to work with him in a more active and respectful way. Thanks again.

kevin9

Unread post by kevin9 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:39 pm

Sharona22 wrote:I have bee looking up info as Bri recommended but have not found a place where St Francis and StCrpyian days to be worked on can be found any link ideas I know i should be doing footwork and I never minded that
I usually offer St. Cyprian candles on Saturdays. That's the only day I've ever heard of. You can find this sort of thing in "The Magical Power of the Saints" by Ray Malbrough. Some people don't like his books, but I just sort of "sift" through them. I haven't read his third book. Probably most of the Catholic hoodoos are down around New Orleans, and he lives down that way.

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:27 am

Hey Mary I have started doing research on Saints because I believe that many of them I will be useing for different spells and mojo hands just because I feel some need lately

Axi

Unread post by Axi » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:51 pm

I really don't want to reveal my source but...... I have heard of a case that a woman had separated from a man that was in her life and there after she kept a statue of a saint under the toliet that was soppse to represent this man. Why would this woman do that? If I want my son's father to stay away from us why would I do this and what would come from this? I am asking because I forgot what all my source said about the situation. My son's father has supervised visitation and he said he was coming here this summer unless something comes up. He also said he was coming last summer but at the last minute he cancelled. What do I need to do for him to cancel this time and when ever in the future he says he is coming here?

Sharona22

Re: Long Standing Deity Offertory Candles

Unread post by Sharona22 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:59 am

I found this interesting and something I would like to do every 3 days light one or one from another. Which ones do you usually use as a constant and why? Just curious?

theusurper
Forum Member

Unread post by theusurper » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:44 am

i work with saint expedite, and always he give me everything i ask. he is real good. this is different post but i need to know what psalms i can say when i make a love spell. :roll:

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:51 am

theusurper wrote:i work with saint expedite, and always he give me everything i ask. he is real good. this is different post but i need to know what psalms i can say when i make a love spell. :roll:
Psalm 45 and the Song of Solomon.

Mary

theusurper
Forum Member

Unread post by theusurper » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:36 pm

thank you, i dont know why, but i was thinking about that psalm. thank you.

Withinnox

Unread post by Withinnox » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:23 pm

For me as an Necromancer; and so forth-when I use to work with certian saints, I began to think like that saint, although I have learned that even the most spiritualist saints realize/d that they were not saints, simply because they couldn't come to see themselves as a saint, either being a Christ-Child, and/or so forth. I feel that the reason why so many are thinking of Palsm lately is simply because so many aspects of King Solomons work on Eden has or may have become forsaken, such as his most in depths Ritual Workings...Truly-Withinnox.

Sharona22

Spirit guide,guardian angel

Unread post by Sharona22 » Fri May 01, 2009 6:19 pm

I was told by a few that I have spirit guides or guardian angels who want to help me. What are things or items used to help me contact them??

J Simulcik

Re: Spirit guide,guardian angel

Unread post by J Simulcik » Sun May 03, 2009 8:53 am

Honestly, it depends on which type of being it is. In my experience, while these both have similar 'goals', they are very different entities and should be treated appropriately. I feel divination is the first thing called for in your case to determine this. The more you know about them, the better your relationship will be.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Spirit guide,guardian angel

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun May 03, 2009 11:11 am

Sharona22 wrote:I was told by a few that I have spirit guides or guardian angels who want to help me. What are things or items used to help me contact them??

Hi Sharona,
J again hits the nail on the head! I would go with divination or with dream work when trying to establish a relationship with either. Also, making a space for them on your altar if you have one, may be appropriate.

good luck,
Bri

Mohammed

Protocol for Offerings

Unread post by Mohammed » Wed May 20, 2009 12:56 pm

Dumb question, but I would like to know... when making an offering to a certain saint/diety etc. how does one properly do it?
To make this a bit clearer, I guess, Im asking...
Do I just put the offering (fruit/rum/flowers etc.) in front of the statue?
and what I really want to know is how long do you leave it there? Until it rots, wilts, etc?

Thank you.

Lukianos

Re: Protocol for offerings...

Unread post by Lukianos » Wed May 20, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi Mohammed,
Mohammed wrote:Dumb question, but I would like to know... when making an offering to a certain saint/diety etc. how does one properly do it?
and what I really want to know is how long do you leave it there? Until it rots, wilts, etc?
The answers to those questions may depend on the saint/deity in question. Most Catholic saints accept candles and flowers, which are kept on the altar by their statue until they start to wllt. Deities are more variable, both in terms of desired offerings and protocol. Anyone in particular you wish to know about?

J Simulcik

Unread post by J Simulcik » Thu May 21, 2009 3:49 pm

Obviously the religion involved also affects how and what one offers.

theusurper
Forum Member

Unread post by theusurper » Thu May 21, 2009 4:27 pm

well, what i do , i left the flowers on the altar for a week, and example, st expedite, the pound cake after one or two days i give it to the birds. and the water i put in my plants.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu May 21, 2009 4:40 pm

Mohammed wrote:Dumb question, but I would like to know... when making an offering to a certain saint/diety etc. how does one properly do it?

Thank you.
I have been taught by numerous people that it is not good to leave rotting food or flowers on an altar dedicated to a Saint or Holy Figure. Now dried flowers are a different matter, but fresh flowers that are going bad on the altar are a no, no.

With most Saints you make your petition to them, say an appropriate prayer, and then give them the food/flower offering immediately. The big exception to this is Saint Expedite who gets his thanks offerings only after he has come through for you. Note: this is only if you are directly petitioning St. Expedite, you can leave him a thanks offering at any time as you can with most Saints.

After the offerings have been made, most folks will do as has been suggested and dispose of the flowers and share any food offerings that are appropriate with their local wildlife. Please do not make substances like chocolate, alcohol, or rice exposed to wildlife as these things can harm and in some cases even kill our fellow creatures.

good luck,
Bri

Chagrinedgirl
Forum Member

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Fri May 22, 2009 3:43 pm

Thanks for the post Bri, for some reason I thought all Saints were like St Expedite and was giving them the offering afterwards.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...

Mohammed

Unread post by Mohammed » Sun May 31, 2009 2:21 pm

ELKnapp wrote: Anyone in particular you wish to know about?
Sorry its taken me some time to get back....

Actually yes.... In particular, St. Lazarus, St. Peregrine, St. Jude, and St. Sebastian, if there is any specific offerings..

Thank you

Isis

Unread post by Isis » Sun May 31, 2009 5:06 pm

Bri,

I was always taught if a food offering is given to the saints, to give the food offering to the less fortunate and tell those individuals how the saint(s) helped you so that the saint's name and fame will grow.
Is that wrong? Should I be feeding the offerings to wildlife instead?

Thanks so much for this post and all the answers!!

Sandy

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”