Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Travel While Spell-Casting / Moving Away from Buried Spell

MaryBee
Forum Moderator
Travel While Spell-Casting / Moving Away from Buried Spell

Unread post by MaryBee » Wed May 27, 2009 5:56 pm

Hello all:

I will be relocating out of state due to my job, and I have a possibly silly question ;)

A while ago, I started a Money Stay With Me spell and I buried the remnants, per the spell kit instructions, by my front apartment door. The lodestone is still on my altar and I feed it with magnetic sand daily. Now, when you move to a diferent house, do you want to dig up the "attracting" spell remnants and take them with you, or once something is buried do you leave it buried? Do I need to take my "Money Stay With Me" remains with me to my new home? There's really nothing on Lucky Mojo that addresses this situation, as far as I can see.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

waterborn
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

SouthernGirl

Re: Travel While Spell-Casting / Moving Away from Buried Spell

Unread post by SouthernGirl » Sat May 30, 2009 7:10 am

I believe you leave anything buried. It seems I read to leave buried items in another post on this forum. But, I would probably repeat the spell once at my new home.

I'm trusting someone more knowledgeable than myself will jump in, but I believe that to be the case.

Reynolds

Unread post by Reynolds » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:24 pm

Hi everyone,

so I have a Crown of success spell planned for very soon. This is so important to me I even had an astrological election done for me by Christopher Warnock ( I thjink it's ok to mention his name as he is a graduate of Cat's Course, and if I'm not mistaken is also mentioned on the practitioners part of the site).

Of course, now I've hit a tiny obstacle. Something very important has come up which will require me to leave town for at the very least a day. I'd be travelling by bus or by train so I could probably breing everything with me ( in addition to the spell kit, I'm also going to light a pull out candle as well, and if I can afford it have Lucky Mojo light one for me as well) and possibly set up everything in my hotel room. However, in terms of a hotel stay, as it is for all right now, money is tight, and I'd rather stay in a 4 per room dormitory type situation ( $50) as opposed to a room ( $80-$160), but of course then I would be unable to set up my candles etc... But I'm also concerned of the many bs problems that might arise were I too breing everything with me.

So what might you wise folks recomend?
Option 1. Take a day off of the spell and hurry back, though leaving the pull out candle burning in a safe place, and then continue it for as many days as would equal 9 ( ie if I leave home after 3 days worth of the spell, take off one day and then do the 6 other when I return, meaning from begining to end the spell will have been going on for 10 days)

Option 2. Cough up the dough for the private hotel room and bring everything with me except the pull out candle ( which I would leave burning at home) and set everything up in my hotel room for the 1 or 2 days I would have to, and then take everything home and complete the remaingin days?

Obviously conditions are very rarely perfect in life for any thing, and so we must adapt.... This is a very good astrological election, and while it wasn't overly expensive, now is not the time to be throwing around money, and if I wait for another time to begin the spell things may be just as difficult.

What do all of you do in situations such as these?

Thanks,

- Reynolds

IS it foolish to

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:37 pm

Reynolds,

What was the point of going to Christopher if you were not going to do the spell at the designated time? That's a wasted consult right there, if you skip a day, or delay the spell until after your trip. That is wasted money.

I would cough up the money for the private room, because I already paid to get my timing right. I would not skip a day in the spell, because that weakens the entire spell.

Life is about choices.

Mary

Reynolds

Unread post by Reynolds » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm

Hi Mary,

thanks for the reply and the advice: so skipping a day would have a worse effect then taking it on the road, ie disturbing the altar etc....

Ok, I'll cough up the xtra $ for the better room then.

Thanks again, :)

suzyparker

Unread post by suzyparker » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:38 pm

I have a question re Mary's comment. about weakening the spell. if I'm doing a vigl candle (15 minutes per day) until it burns out.. and I become frustrated with my target and say to heck with it and miss a day.. is the spell ruined at that point? can I pick up the next day or shoudl I start over??

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:32 pm

suzyparker

The spell is weakened, but not ruined. I would complete the vigil and see where it goes, but if it is a glass enclosed candle it should be let to burn through its seven days.

Mary

suzyparker

Unread post by suzyparker » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:52 pm

Mary thanks.. so it shouldn't be snuffed at all.. just burn straight through.. I guess the bathtub would be safe.. I just worry becuase I have a cat

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:32 pm

Put the candle in a room with a door and shut the door so the cat can't get it.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Momo

Unread post by Momo » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:35 pm

So I am planning to start a kit on Friday, and then go to another city to see friends for a couple days? Okay to continue the work in another location? Or even take a couple days off and then come back to it? I'm supposed to start it on a Friday...

I don't see it specifically precluded anywhere so figured I'd ask here and see what others have to say...

Thank you!

Moxy

Unread post by Moxy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:24 pm

I don't see why it wouldn't be okay to continue your work in another location as long as your heart is in it just as much. When I tavel for business I have tea lights I bring with me to complete my rituals when i'm pressed for time.
Thank you St. Martha!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:26 pm

No, you should not take a couple of days off of the work. This is unless you are planning on doing it over more than a day otherwise let it all burn down on Friday and dispose of it. But I am guessing you are going to do it over a number of days. If you are going to be out of town, then wait til after you come back and start it on that Monday which would be okay for love work. Otherwise if you are going to start it and then take it to another location then make sure you adequately cleanse the space by either saging it, or using some incense, or spraying some ammonia/chinese wash or any other method of cleansing.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Momo

Unread post by Momo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:26 pm

actually it's a van-van. Would Thursday be a good day to start if I can't do Friday, since it's Jupiter, and we're asking for abundance? Or maybe just wait until the following Friday and do that...just don't want to get too lazy and let it go by until the next month...

Ruth2

Unread post by Ruth2 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:42 pm

Thursday would be a good day for an abundance spell. I wouldn't move it and I definitely wouldn't take time off from it.

Ruth.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:13 pm

I agree with Ruth. Or you can even work it on Sunday as well since sunday is a good day for success work as well.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Momo

Unread post by Momo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Thank you for the feedback, I'm learning...

redstarr
Newly Registered

Unread post by redstarr » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:02 pm

Hello everyone! I am new in these parts and seeking advice/ideas on how to proceed with a honey jar spell which was interrupted due to unfortunate circumstances. I apologize if this is a strange or wordy request, but I am at a loss on how to proceed.

I began a honey jar spell on 5/5/14, and although I wasn't able to include hair or any personal effects from the targeted individual (I included a photo of him), I found that it began working immediately and impressively, albeit slowly, overall – which I rather enjoy. One week ago; however, I was forced to move from my apartment abruptly due to an unsafe situation. I am now “couch surfing” with friends until I find regular housing for myself again. Because of this, I have no privacy whatsoever and had to discontinue my regularly scheduled candle-burning three nights per week. Additionally, the jar, even after being carefully packaged and transported, is now leaking ever so slightly. All progress with the man this was intended for seems to have come to an abrupt halt.

I have wracked my brain for ideas on how to proceed, and have picked my friends’ brains on the matter and come up with nothing. I was having such lovely results; I hate to just leave off entirely while I’m house hunting. My questions, specifically, are:

• Does the interruption of my honey jar spell preclude another love spell working on the same individual? That is, is it a one-shot deal? You flub the first attempt and it’s over?
• Is there another type of love spell which others have had great success with, and which would be a little more discrete than burning candles thrice weekly in my friend’s living room?
• Has anyone ever constructed a new honey jar for the same individual after the first was abandoned or damaged? Is this inadvisable for any reason? And can a honey jar spell be modified, in any way you can think, to be more discrete? Part - but not all - of the issue is the offertory candles taking 6 – 7 hours to burn.

Thanks for your time, and any input or ideas, and I’m sorry if these seem like silly questions. Like I said, I’m a bit new to this, and my current circumstances were unexpected.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:26 am

redstarr, remake that spell as a sugar jar, which is dry, will not leak, and does not require candles -- because the normal way to work sugar jars is to shake them while praying.

Best of luck,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

magicmurphy

Unread post by magicmurphy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:11 pm

Hi All --

This is the closest thread I could find re: my question, but please feel free to move this post to a place the moderators find more appropriate.

I could use some advice. I'm going to be moving to a new apartment rather soon, and have to pack up some active workings. Luckily, the people helping me also practice magic and respect it, so there will be nothing to really hide or explain. That's what's good.

And most of what has to move is jarred magic (honey jar, prayer jars for saints) and supplies. What concerns me is the oil lamp.

I'm still lighting it per Prof Porterfield's prescription (I was on the LMCC rootwork hour and that's where I was advised) on the days I'm supposed to, but, well, soon it will have to be packed up and carefully moved, which means I may not get to it to light it or work it right away.

Sooo...is this just a hiatus with an easy restart, or will having the days, possibly a week, missed be a real problem with the working? I'd be grateful for help on this.

Thanks!

Doc Murphy
St. Paul, MN

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:26 pm

magicmurphy,

This sounds like an intermittent, open-ended spell. I tend to view that kind of work as too sturdy for short interruptions to ruin it.

Good luck,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

magicmurphy

Unread post by magicmurphy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:41 pm

Oh, good. Thanks much, Miss Michaele. :)

Doc Murphy
St. Paul, MN

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:54 pm

Travelling altars are covered in this new book:

BOO-FLS-HSAA
Hoodoo Shrines and Altars by Miss Phoenix LeFae
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

LuckyLady1040

Unread post by LuckyLady1040 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:29 pm

I'm going to be in different places at different times. I'm going to light the 7-day vigil candle and the honey jar candle spell. Do those candles have to stay in one place in order for the spell to work, or it doesn't make a difference.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:37 pm

Hello, LuckyLady1040,

Welcome to the forum

If you can safely carry the items with you, you can work with them wherever you are. Unless a spell if being cast to acquire or hold possession of a specific piece of property, it is not bound or tied to the place where you started it.
HRCC Graduate #1631

divergent2017
Newly Registered

Unread post by divergent2017 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi,

What can I do about mojo bags or any other magical items that can't be seen and when I travel out of the country and come back in immigration customs looks at all the items. My question is for mojo bags since they can't be seen. So this mean I would have to buy a new mojo bag every time I leave the united states and come back? Thank you.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:43 pm

Hello, divergent2017 ,

I wouldn't travel with them.

Or else, hide them inside your luggage. Put safety pins around them. Then, if the safety pins have been moved, then you know the mojo has been seen or touched.

Also, you could put them inside your underwear.

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

alexinmadison

Unread post by alexinmadison » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:38 pm

Quick honey jar question.

I've been working a honey jar for a week, burning a candle daily, and am moving to a Mon/Wed/Fri candle burning tomorrow.

Unexpectedly, I'll be traveling soon and for about a month. I won't have any opportunity to procure more personal concerns of my target until December so I"d like to try to salvage this jar if possible. Is there a way to "repackage" the honey jar into a smaller version that I can carry with me or is it better to just leave the existing honey jar and neglect it for four weeks?

All advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:20 am

alexinmadison,

My decision would be made based on how im traveling and if I can take the jar with me. A honey jar to another country may get you searched at customs for bringing in a food item. If you are driving then I would take it with you. Burn a tea light on it while out of town which is a bit easier to use. Also the honey jar can be shook and spoke to when working it. A honey jar is really a combo of two spells a container spell ( personal concern in honey to sweeten two people) and a candle spell to draw the person together. The jar is still working without the candle.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

alexinmadison

Unread post by alexinmadison » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:42 am

Thanks for the response, j82! I’ll be flying and hadn’t considered the issue of bringing food into the country but it totally makes sense. So, let’s say that I can’t take it with me - what would you suggest? Is it still “working” if I’m not tending to it? I do shake it and talk to it lovingly at every opportunity. Tbh, I’ll miss having it with me as I’ve become quite attached to talking to my target through the jar.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:15 am

alexinmadison ,

If its an international flight I would leave it at home. The jar is to sweeten them which is a container spell and is working as it is. The candle is another method of adding work to the jar. Example a break up jar mixed with all the items is to break a couple up, workers may add candles to it dressed with oils as well. Both are spells working to the goal. So yes the jar is working while gone. Print a photo of the target and bring with you, also bring your oils and some tea lights and burn one daily or same days as your honey jar as you pray and speak to the photo. If you can buy a cigar when you are in the country and puff the smoke into the face of the photo while telling it what to think IE I love jane doe, I miss Jane doe, Jane is my soulmate ..etx. Try and get a good photo where you can see their eyes clearly.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

alexinmadison

Unread post by alexinmadison » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:42 am

Beautiful! This is all do-able and I feel better about having to leave the jar behind. Thank you for the help.

daulton
Newly Registered

Unread post by daulton » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:06 pm

Hi everyone I cast a honey jar love spell while out of town visiting family. After the spell has been cast should I keep it in my carry on bag until I get home then hide it in a safe place like my closet?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:09 pm

If you can travel with it, do so. If you are flying, be aware that airport security agents may confiscate any bottle or jar containing more than 3 ounces of food. If it is bigger than that, mail it to yourself.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”