Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Ghosts, Spirits, Astral Visitors, Energy Beings, Haints, Haunted Houses

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator
Re: Ghosts, Spirits, Astral Visitors, Energy Beings, Haints, Haunted Houses

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:09 pm

Keep us posted on what you decide to do. Interesting query! Good luck!

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:41 pm

The traditional spiritual supplies for cleansing a cursed item is Van Van -- you could sue the incense:

Read more here:
http://luckymojo.com/vanvan.html
and see products here
http://luckymojo.com/products-van-van.html

If you wanted to work in a different cultural modality, i would highly recommend Tibetan Ghost-Purging Incense. It is unqiue and is designed exactly for this purpose. Order

Tibetan Ghost-Purging Incense
Large mylar packet printed in blue and silver contains Tibetan purging incense used for purification of homes from ghosts through the aid of the Blue God; blended from 40 sacred herbs, this incense powder has been prayed over by celibate nuns for 40 days. This is a highly traditional spiritual incense made by Tibetan refugees living in Taiwan.
$16.00
ISS-SPE-TIBE
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:35 am

Miss Cat, what a fantastic piece of info about the Tibetan Ghost-Purging Incense. I was just approached with a local case to remove a spirit of Asian-decent from a home here. I think this would be perfect for that. Synchronicity at its best. :)
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:42 am

wow! this is amazing, I think I'd like to get some of this, too! what great space clearing.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:43 am

Oh, yeah -- Tibetan Ghost-Purging incense is way good stuff. There is nothing else quite like it, for sure.
catherine yronwode

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:44 am

Yes, and I adore how Tibetan incense smells - basically just like herbs, no scents from oils are used. It's very earthy and beautiful.

cush nebo
Newly Registered

Unread post by cush nebo » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:56 pm

Two questions:

1)

I feel that i have a spirit in my home, but most of the time i can feel the presence as it passes through me and sometimes i feel it and other times my face is being rubbed and touch and also i feel strange .

i do not know if it the spirit of my dead cat who is still here or even the woman who died in the bathroom many years ago.

Just the other day i Started to try and get myself back into things and in the sofa were my cat once sit started to move and shaking i was praying and reading.

This has happened quit a few times and i have dismissed it.

I would like to how to command it because i not trying to kick it , but i would like to live peaceful in my home, i don't know if it just the home or it my neighbours or just me or it way of trying to get me to leave my home.

The other day it ran me out of my own home

Tell me what i can do to remedy this situation in my home life.

How do you deal with spiritual lodgers in the home without offending them?

2)

Sometimes spiritual forces can be magicians or witches and sometimes not the dead as well, but i don't know how true this is.

Since the death of a relative i have spritual picked up thier sickness, I believed i picked up a stroke, one of relatives who i saw recently had one and now i am feeling the effects of this my chest has gone tight . walking like iam about 90.

something just came from no where and came upon me.

i feel the last place person i hugged could be the result of this, as well because they have lupus, with a heart condition and i feel you can pick up people sickness magical if you some form of interaction with them .

Is there anything i can do to stop this and how to get my luck and motivation back?

how can you protect against this kind of attack, when you pick up people ailements?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:14 am

See above posts.

1) Cleanse with Van Van products

2) Cleanse with Chinese Wash and Salt

3) Burn Tibetan Ghost Purging Incense.

4) Cleanse with Fiery Wall of Protection products.

5) Burn Sage incense.

6) Burn Pine Resin Incense

7) Read "Communing with the Spirits" by Martin Coleman.

8) Read "Ghost Symptoms" by Kelly Kiernan Ray.
catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:29 pm

Cat: Thank you (or whomever is doing it) for merging all of these threads into one big one. It has been cleaning up the forums mighty fine!

This is a great topic...thanks everyone for the info!

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:10 am

Absolutely fascinating and informative thread, THIS is why this forum rocks.

There's a fantastic Robert Crumb cartoon, which is a caricature of himself staring off into space and being surrounded by cartoon vibes, the only words printed are "HYPNAGOGIC HOODOO" in spooky letters, and it's a fantastic image. I wonder if it's available anywhere...
HRCC Student #2174G

cush nebo
Newly Registered

Unread post by cush nebo » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:05 pm

I Have a general question to ask it is possible for a person who has put a cruse on person still work even when the person who started the curse died years ago , does these things happen and how can this matter be resolved
what steps would you need to reverse this action in a person life.

Miss Ida Lundin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:51 am

Hej cush nebo,
Yes it is possible.
Yes it sometimes happen.
The curse can be broken with uncrossing work. You can read about the uncrossing work on the link I provided, nut it would be best to get a reading from an AIRR reader to see if you have been crossed and what remedies you have to do if that is the case.

http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

http://www.luckymojo.com/uncrossing.html

wiccanbudgiemom

Unread post by wiccanbudgiemom » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:52 pm

I'm working with Santisma Muerte and usually have no trouble with her. I wanted to know if she can experience human like emotions and feelings.

I sensed she was sad or moody but didn't know why and also sensed what seemed like a tension headache coming from her. Can she experience these things and is trying to tell me something!

Can she get stressed like we humans do and experience stress like sensations? Another message board said it might be another spirit tricking me but I don't think that's it.

Someone also told me to have my statues blessed as a spirit might possess it and cause these things I'm sensing.

I get results with sm, so I don't think that's the issue. Very confused.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:46 pm

wiccanbudgiemom, Santisma Muerte is discussed in greater detail in the following two links along with workers who are quite knowledgeable of this Spirit.
Santisma Muerte http://www.luckymojo.com/santisimamuerte.html
Readers/Rootworkers http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... ima_Muerte
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Kitsune
Newly Registered

Unread post by Kitsune » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:20 pm

I have read many posts on this site and have not come across anything that may be able to help with this particular problem. Please note that I am very sensitive to the other side that sensitive that I notice when spirits are around even before my cat and dogs do.

My mother is using the spirit of her murdered godchild and an entity to help her seek revenge on any one she feels has done harm to her. She is an attention seeker, compulsive liar, like to play the victim even when she knows she has done wrong, she shift the blame on to any one she can and a hypochondriac so it very easy to do wrong by her and to fuel the fire she thinks every man has done her wrong even if they have not done anything at all.

I have done all that I can to keep my distance from her to the point that I only speak to her by a phone call every few days so she does not come on to my property even though she only live a five min walk way.

I know that she has cursed myself and my Boyfriend because of all the bad luck he has and that every time she comes to my house or any time she has done any working the entity acts up, It’s a large shadow like thing that make you want to run from it and you always know when it’s their because the whole house feels bad and everyone starts to argue all the time.

I have found the smudging and cleansing works to a point but if any one has any Ideas to get rid of it because it talks to my 7 year old son and wakes him up during the night every time she does some workings or shows up.

I have a been told in a reading that it may not be of human origins.

However my main problem is that she is also using the spirit of her murdered god child to help her and that the entity is holding him as well.

I know it sound daft but I do not lie.

I was trying to sleep on sofa being almost at sleep point when all sounds around you are loud but your just about to sleep, I felt a little hand touch my arm and I could feel him there, then I heard a voice of a woman that I have been told and also feel is a spirit guide that he wants me to help him, he does not want to do what she wants him to do and that he wants me to be his "life mum" and that she is doing something that will hurt people and that he is worried that it will hurt us.

First I have no idea what a "life mum" is, also as long as I have been living in my house I have always had a spot for his teddy bear, knitted him jumpers, and when I cook sweets I can feel a little child tug on my skirt as if asking for some. I have always left a few out for him and the Fay and my helping spirits of the house.

I also don’t know if he might be picking up my want of a baby (trying 3 years now).

I am sorry for the long post and am very thankful for you taking the time to read this and possible helping.

Thank you,

Kitsune

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:35 pm

Hello Kitsune, my recommendation would be to look to a professional rootworker to read on the matter and help you in this matter. You can find ethical and skilled practitioners here: www.readersandrootworkers.org

Product wise, you'd want to cleanse and seal your home. You can do this by washing down your house with Chinese Floor Wash or Van Van. Then smoke your house with some Pine Resin.

Once you've got it cleansed you want to seal your home. Do this by smoking it with Fiery Wall of Protection, five spotting your windows and doors with the oil and placing Camphor squares in the corners of your home.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

ConjureGal

Unread post by ConjureGal » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:34 pm

Wow! This forum has been quite interesting. Great cleansing suggestions that I may use for my new home Im moving to this week. I did purchase the LM Van Van Oil and the Chinese Wash and annoint some candles, sprinkle some salt in all four corners of each room, and read the 23rd Psalms. At this house Im in now, I couldve SWORN someone had their two fingers like "hooking" my nose (like your index and middle fingers pulling my nostrils outward!) It woke me up, and I had to tell the spirit to go away and let me sleep. It was more irritating than scary to me. No more problems after that though lol. But I move to a new place so well make sure its stays nice and peaceful!
THANK YOU PAPA LEGBA FOR OPENING THE DOORWAY!
& SAINT MARTHA SERVANT & DOMINATOR!
& THE SWIFT SAINT EXPEDITE & SAINT ANTHONY OF LOST THINGS!THANKS PAPA LEGBA FOR CLOSING THE DOORWAY!

Tigerlily86

Unread post by Tigerlily86 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:23 pm

I just feel like sharing my story. I had a really weird dream last night. It was something like lucid dreaming/sleep paralysis because I was aware that I was dreaming. I could hear something walk into my room and they kept lifting up my sheets. It was strangely erotic. :? It was like I was enjoying it. Mind you I had dabbed some love me/return to me oil before I went to sleep. It was just so strange. Ah well. I just felt like sharing.If anyone has any interpretations I'd appreciate it. :mrgreen:

hlisa81734

Unread post by hlisa81734 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:34 pm

Hello! My daughter came to visit tonight. She "happened" to mention that she sees a shadow person in her apartment. He tends to live in the closet, bathroom and laundry room and sometimes will stand near the bed and/or her girlfriend. My daughter is now sleeping in the other bedroom and he is not in there. That room had been saged when her sister was staying with them for a while.

Anyway, what can I do from a distance for protection work for her and her girlfriend? I lit an guardian angel candle and placed it on her picture. I also gave my daughter a sage/cedar spray to use and to tell him to leave, say the Lord's prayer, AA Michael prayer, Hail Mary or whatever prayer she wanted.

My daughter said she also feels very drained when she's home. Her girlfriend/ex-girlfiend....they go back and forth on that....is having a lot of mental issues and they have seem to have increased since they moved into this new apartment in December. As in her meds do not seem to work as well, the doctors are trying to find the right dose again, etc.

Thank you!

Lisa

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:39 pm

If you are working at a distance you might consider an egg cleansing for her apartment done via a proxy. You may also use that proxy with incense and candle rites aimed at cleansing and protecting.

Give her products to use on her own while you back up her work by setting lights like you've been doing. Run Devil Run candles may be good for this situation followed up by Tranquility and Protection or Fiery Wall of Protection.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:43 am

Camphor is wonderful for driving out spiritual entity's like that. I suggest you smoke a picture of her place in Camphor burned on charcoal, also give her some to burn herself. It is important when you both do it, to have a window open, to give the things you're driving off a way out.
HRCC Student #1559

hlisa81734

Unread post by hlisa81734 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:01 am

Thank you. Not sure she'd burn things in her apartment. I told her to burn sage, but she doesn't like it. Thankfully i had sage spray to give her. I think we are going to her apartment this weekend. I'll plan on throwing same sage around while I'm there. ;-) I placed an order with LM last Friday for john the conquer oil. I hope it arrives before we go over there.

I've also thought about ordering some of the protection sachet powders for her and fwop oil. I will see how much she is willing to allow me to do in her apartment.

Thank you so much!

Lisa

Miss Ida Lundin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:12 am

She can put down camphor squares in each corner of the room to protect it after it is cleansed. That way she doesn't have to have the smoke around if she dislikes that. If she were to burn some once and then lay it down in the corner that would be a good combination. Camphor doesn't smoke the way sage does. It burns very differently so she might like that although she dislikes sage or other types of incense.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:45 am

If she is against burning things then you can burn the Camphor while smoking the photo. Then give her a spray bottle with a Camphor cube that has been crumbled in it. You can also add a few drops of Camphor essential oil.

Both of these have a long history of use in clearing out an area. If nothing else she can place a glass of water next to her bed that she's put a little Camphor in.

Artaynia

Unread post by Artaynia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:13 am

Nice story and nice responce.

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:55 am

Kitsune:

What a wonderful opportunity to get a kind and helpful spirit to your household. I suggest you tell the little one that he might stay with you and and be a part of your family, if he leaves your mother permanently and protects your son, husband and yourself. Feed him regularily and give him little treats and you will have no more trouble with your mom.

//Dr. Johannes
Forum Moderator - Author - Specialist in Swedish Trolldom - AIRR Member - HRCC G-A #0321

stass
Newly Registered

Unread post by stass » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi everybody I´m new here.

Maybe a week ago, late at night I saw some faces of children near me. It was late and I was tired, so I cant be completely positive about what I actually saw. But All my senses felt it so much that I was trying to give a pacifier to one of them sitting next to me thinking it was my son awake. Also there was a mark or a sigill above them, i have never seen it before and don't recognize it at all. It glow in red and stayed there visible for a while, floating in the air.

At first I though that they maybe were some kind of earth spirits, they looked a little filthy and wild. But now I don't know. The main activity is around my son and even thou I only saw them once a few times that night I can sense something still being here. The hole thing feels insecure most because i don't know what it is and how I deal with it.

Do someone recognize this sort of things? And what is the best way to deal with it?
Thanx!

DaisyChain

Unread post by DaisyChain » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:39 am

Stass, it sounds like they might be spirits of children who used to live in your house.
How old is it, if you don't mind me asking? Growing up, I used to live in a house built in 1888 and we had all sorts of crazy things happen in that place.
Do you feel frightened by them? Do they seem to upset your son?

I've been having some strange things myself. I recently moved and one of my housemates keeps claiming that a large black dog or wolf with blue eyes comes into her room at night and stands on her bed growling at her. She's terrified of the room and wakes up scared all the time.
The house is relatively new (only about 10 years), but I know that one of the previous owners had lots of dogs. Perhaps it's the spirit of one of the former owner's dogs?
Personally, I've never felt anything in this house, especially not in her room, but hey. :?
"Learning as much as I can on the budget of a homeless man"

bubslove

Unread post by bubslove » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:19 pm

Good evening all!
Hope everyone is safe and okay with all this bad weather throughout the country.

So, I seen a psychic medium who lives near me. I'm positive she was the real deal. (did not have my full name, told me the spirits by name/how they died).

Anyway I received some pretty interesting/wonderful news. My brothers and grandparents (on the other side) said that my 2 year old son sees them and interacts with them daily. (my brothers specifically play 'cops and robbers' with him lol.) I've noticed this is him since birth (2 months old laying in his bassinet, no toys, i'm out of sight and him stairing up kicking and laughing like someone was playing with him ( : , following unseen things with his head as soon as he could hold it up, his pictures always have abnormalities in them, etc.) Now I know it's common for young ones to see spirits. But they told the medium that my son will continue to see them "through grade school and beyond." He has a gift.

Naturally I'm ecstatic that my son was blessed with such an amazing ability. Now the worry sets in. How do I protect him, guide him, when I don't have this ability or know what it's like/what to do? I know gifted ones are like a light in a dark room. And although my family on the other side promised to protect him and us always, my son's light might attract unwanted/or too much he can handle. (A week or so after the visit he started this whole thing with "monsters" in his room that can fly but this might just be toddler imagination.)

Is there a certain kind of charm/amulet that I need to keep on him/hang somewhere to protect him? Any herbs/books that I can purchase from LM? Saints I should work with? I'm willing to learn or try anything here. I want to nurture his gift as best as I can. I just need help knowing what exactly it is I should be doing.

As always thanks for reading, and any advice is always greatly appreciated ( :

LeeWaggoner82

Unread post by LeeWaggoner82 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Girlfriend has been able to see ghosts her whole life and some are agressive and have troubled her her whole life and followed her. I'm wondering which products are best fitted to the situation?

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:17 pm

Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:01 pm

If she has the gift of seeing spirits than I suggest she try to cultivate it while cleansing herself of any bad spirits that may be hasseling her.

She can take a nice cleansing bath and cleanse her home with Chinese Floor Wash and by burning some Camphor or Tibetan Ghost Purging Incense, or Pine Resin. Then I suggest she fix her home with a bit of Fiery Wall of Protection and a statue or picture of Saint Michael by her front door.

After doing that I suggest she light a white candle with Spirit Guide oil to help bring her friendlier spirits and those that can help protect and guide her. Burning some Acacia and Althaea together will help as well.

This way she removes bad spirits, protects herself, while bringing to herself helpful spirits.

MusicallyYours14
Newly Registered

Unread post by MusicallyYours14 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:30 pm

Lately, we have both had experiences seeing shadows out of the corner of our eyes. He saw the shadow last night moving down the hallway and pass by the bathroom door.
We don't feel threatened and our dog has never reacted oddly either.

My husband explained more this evening. He remembers having this spirit around him ever since he was a child. He and a friend communicated with it years and years ago and this spirit said he protects my husband and wards a bad spirit away. My husband has not had any close family pass on(all of his grandparents, aunts, uncles are still living).

He's more open about it but I can't help but want to be protective and curious as to why a spirit would be around him since birth. My husband has horrible, vivid nightmares every couple of months as well where good is always fighting evil. He will wake up in a cold sweat, pale as can be, and won't be able to sleep the rest of the night.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:03 pm

People's spirit guides and guardians are not always ancestors or dead relatives. Kardecian spiritism for example has various levels and hosts of spirits that one may have a spirit guide. The same holds for most forms of African spirituality.

If this spirit is not bothering him then I wouldn't bother it. You might consider a reading with a medium if you want to contact it. To help cultivate the relationship you can work with Angelica, Althaea, and Acacia to draw only good spirits.

To help your husband with his dreams make a dream-pillow or a herb packet that you place in his pillow. Althaea, Wormwood and similar herbs.

lfs

Unread post by lfs » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:04 am

Hi,

Someone who passed away at home shortly is haunting a family member that was living in the same house at the time.

No one knew why the person still living wouldn't speak to the one that just shortly passed away, but this had bothered the person that died for quite sometime.

Ever since then the person still living in that house seems to have anger and resistance towards the others living there. The funny thing is that if that person goes away for the weekend or doesn't sleep in the house, that person seems to be very normal and sincere for a day after coming back or while away from the home. Then slowly that person starts to return to its angry, resistant self!!! Also the person is always talking about moving and selling the house...

I'm guessing that the person that died didn't fully leave the house or did something before passing...

I am opened to any suggestions that would help me.
God Bless;
Thank you Our Lady of Fatima,St. Michael, St. Ana,The Holy Ghost, St. Elijah, St. Martha,
St Deshacedor,St. Clara, St. Lucia,

michaeldavis
HRCC Student

Unread post by michaeldavis » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:55 pm

Dear lfs,

In my opinion, the first step should always be a reading. You can get one here: http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... ootworkers.

Other than that, it might be wise to contact a patron known for resolving disputes with difficult spirits. I am fond of St. Cyprian: http://www.luckymojo.com/saintcyprian.html.

Additionally, you might wash the place down: http://www.luckymojo.com/chinesewash.html.

Suffumigate the premises: http://www.luckymojo.com/incense-house-blessing.html.

Or hit the problem from multiple angles at once: http://www.luckymojo.com/spell-peaceful-home.html plus http://www.luckymojo.com/candle-protection.html plus http://www.luckymojo.com/candle-run-devil-run.html

. . . and variations thereof according to a qualified rootdoctor . . .

lfs wrote:Hi,

Someone who passed away at home shortly is haunting a family member that was living in the same house at the time.

No one knew why the person still living wouldn't speak to the one that just shortly passed away, but this had bothered the person that died for quite sometime.

Ever since then the person still living in that house seems to have anger and resistance towards the others living there. The funny thing is that if that person goes away for the weekend or doesn't sleep in the house, that person seems to be very normal and sincere for a day after coming back or while away from the home. Then slowly that person starts to return to its angry, resistant self!!! Also the person is always talking about moving and selling the house...

I'm guessing that the person that died didn't fully leave the house or did something before passing...

I am opened to any suggestions that would help me.
Aligned with the highest Good, all works are Crowned with Success.

lfs

Unread post by lfs » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:41 pm

Hi Michaeldavis,
Thank you very much for all your great advise I will start looking into each one of those links!

Thanks!!!
God Bless;
Thank you Our Lady of Fatima,St. Michael, St. Ana,The Holy Ghost, St. Elijah, St. Martha,

zenrez
HRCC Student

Unread post by zenrez » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Hi
Out of curiosity, if you have to go to cemetery to collect grave yard dirt, what do you do to protect yourself from wandering spirits or spirits who want to attach to you and follow you home. There are no streams where I live so walking over one is not an option. Any other recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Zen Rez
Student #1659

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:37 pm

Hello ZenRez,

I did not find that I needed to do anything before going to the graveyard for work, but understand that we are all different and in different places and "head spaces."

If you feel the need to protect yourself before going into the graveyard for work you could always wake up that morning and do a protection bath for yourself. After the bath I would spend some time and really get focused on your purpose for being there and on the work at hand. Afterwards you may want to wash your hands in a weak hyssop tea and sip some hyssop tea as well.

I am sure you will get many different and valuable suggestions from other workers on the forums. I would wait to go to the graveyard and gather the dirt until you have let a few different people reply and, after reading the suggestions, feel comfortable with the work at hand.

I wish you "smooth sailing" and Good Luck!

-Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson

Brother_Silence

Unread post by Brother_Silence » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:16 pm

ZenRez,

If you feel a need for it, Read Psalm 17 aloud just before you enter the cemetery.
Also remember that you are (presumably) collecting dirt from the grave of a specific spirit. You are bartering/appeasing/dealing with a spirit. Ask that spirit to protect you during the rest of your visit.

Hope this helps.

Blessings,
Brother Vanderson
P.S. If you want to see pics of the cemetery I was in this morning: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 2499293612

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:38 pm

Great advice Brother Vanderson! Always glad to see more and more useful knowledge on the forums! Asking the spirit you are dealing with for protection is a definite plan.Thank you for posting that for everyone.

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson

zenrez
HRCC Student

Unread post by zenrez » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:29 pm

Cool! Thanks for sharing the pics Brother Vanderson!

Now I have another question. I was told you have to ask the spirit if you can take some of their dirt. How am I to be sure they are going to say yes?
I could think yes and then they really dont want anything to do with me. Any advice?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:56 pm

ZenRez, the questions you are posing stem from your upbringing in a culture different to that of the Southern U.S. The questions are neither ignorant nor disrespectful, but in honesty, they cannot really be answered in the way that you present them.

Generally speaking, there is no tradition of fear of the burial places of the dead in Spiritualism or in African ancestor veneration, so it comes as no surprise that until i met folks whose only exposure to conjure was through the internet, i had never heard of people who wanted to work within this tradition but were asking me how to "protect" themselves in a cemetery. They were bringing their cultural concerns about fear of contact with the dead to hoodoo, not entering into hoodoo for what it is.

Generally, if a person's cultural and spiritual mind-set runs to those thoughts, they will never take up the study or practice of hoodoo. However, with the onset of internet "spiritual shopping," i have run into these fears among people who are otherwise set upon studying conjure. That is why, when i interview students to join my course, i specifically ask them if they will be culturally, morally, and spiritually comfortable going to a graveyard to work with the spirits of the dead. If they express any doubts, i tell them that they should not take my course.

I am not asking you to change your belief-system. It is quite a valid one, as are many others. But asking a group of hoodoo practitioners how best to engage "Protection Before and After walking Into a Cemetary" is as off the map for conjure as asking a group of basketball players, "So, guys, how do you adjust your helmets while shooting hoops?"
catherine yronwode

zenrez
HRCC Student

Unread post by zenrez » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:24 pm

Yes, you are right. I only asked because of what I have learned from others. It really isnt a cultural thing. I think it might even be too much TV. If Hoodoo has no fear based ideas concerning ancestor worship then I shall follow that belief. Sorry for my ignorance, learning as I go along. Thanks for answering! ;-)

lfs

Unread post by lfs » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:06 pm

Thank you michaeldavis!

I just wanted to say that I did a house wash, made a small Altar at my friends mothers room were she was sleeping in their house with some personal items and the blessed mother and Santo Cristo and a sweet and a drink, Along with a Jar and asked the mothers spirit to leave her daughter and son in-law in peace. Her daughter has been praying to Arch Angel Michael and thanking her mothers spirit. I had her go light up a candle for the spirits in church. Two days later her husband started getting much much! better. ;)
Again thank you very much!
God Bless;

michaeldavis
HRCC Student

Unread post by michaeldavis » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:36 pm

Lfs,

That's good to hear! Glad it worked out.

M

lfs wrote:Thank you michaeldavis!

I just wanted to say that I did a house wash, made a small Altar at my friends mothers room were she was sleeping in their house with some personal items and the blessed mother and Santo Cristo and a sweet and a drink, Along with a Jar and asked the mothers spirit to leave her daughter and son in-law in peace. Her daughter has been praying to Arch Angel Michael and thanking her mothers spirit. I had her go light up a candle for the spirits in church. Two days later her husband started getting much much! better. ;)
Again thank you very much!
Aligned with the highest Good, all works are Crowned with Success.

zenrez
HRCC Student

Unread post by zenrez » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Had to ask this question again:
I was told you have to ask the spirit if you can take some of their dirt. How am I to be sure they are going to say yes?
Any advice?

Brother_Silence

Unread post by Brother_Silence » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:26 pm

ZenRez,

When choosing a grave, typically, I am spirit led. If spirit has led me to a grave, then why shouldn't I assume that they are willing?
Unless I had some sort of direct sign or strong feeling/intuition, I would assume the best.

It is like going next door to borrow sugar from a neighbor.
Just go, be polite, grateful and don't forget to bring something to put the dirt in. :-)

Brother Vanderson

zenrez
HRCC Student

Unread post by zenrez » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:01 pm

Thanks!!!!

nvme

Unread post by nvme » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:26 am

Hello LM family
I need your feedback please. I have read and re-read all of the posts on this thread and have come to the conclusion that I am still hopelessly confused! :oops:
The confusion is due to differing opinions as to what exactly causes the feelings of paralysis and/or being held down. (in my case a feeling of something holding me down around the neck... and in one instance picking me up by the neck and exerting pressure)
The cause of my confusion mostly stems from the following opinions:
Opinion one: some sort of malevolent entity that requires protective measures
Opinion two: a blessing
Opinion three: a spirit attempting to make contact
Any clarity you can give to the causes of this would be very much appreciated!
Eagerly anticipating your thoughts,
nvme
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
Matthew 21:22

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:38 am

Well, I would get a reading on the matter to see if this is indeed a spiritual matter, or perhaps whether you are dealing with the sleep disorder known as "sleep paralysis". Now, I believe that sleep paralysis can be caused by many things - sometimes spiritual, and sometimes simply a stress-induced sleeping disturbance. A reading will help clear up that confusion.

You say that you've experienced similar stuff in the past. Did those episodes occur during a stressful period when you were not only very stressed, but also not getting enough rest? Were you sleeping on your back when it happened? Sleep paralysis tends to occur during periods of stress and exhaustion. It also happens more frequently among those who are back sleepers. Sleep paralysis episodes are also often accompanied by the sensation of something being in the room with you, or even touching your, and is usually a extremely real and terrifying experience.

As I said, psychic and spiritual attacks can also take this form - so determining if this is spiritual or medical in nature is important to knowing how best to deal with it. You can Google more info on sleep paralysis, and if you think what you're experiencing is more medical in nature (and again a reading can help clarify), then there are all kinds of things you can do. From attending a sleep clinic to get properly diagnosed and getting aid from doctors, or trying home-remedy measure such as not allowing yourself to get over-tired and no longer sleeping on your back. Often just making those two changes can have a large impact for those who suffer from the sleep disorder.

In any case, I'd never personally equate a frightening experience of being held down and paralyzed with a blessing! LOL!

Taking spiritually protective measures certainly doesn't hurt anything, no matter what the source. There are many different things that you can do to spiritually protect your sleep. Leaving a pair of metal scissors open on a Bible to a protective Psalm under your bed is one method. Placing camphor squares in each corner of your bedroom is another. And there are other things that have been discussed in this thread as well.

nvme

Unread post by nvme » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:18 am

Thank you for your prompt response! I completely agree with you- I don't think the feeling of being held down is any sort of blessing! But since i did read that among other posts I definitely needed advice on the matter! I did have the presence of mind to pray my little heart out during this episode! (so truthfully, I think I knew that it wasn't a good thing!) Maybe I just needed validation of the fact after I read the different views on the subject?
I will put some of the other things you mentioned into use at once. (thank you!)
I want you to know how grateful I am for your help!
Respectfully,
nvme

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:03 pm

Never heard that such an event is a blessing. Almost always such occurances are considered attacks or spiritual invasions and are treated accordingly. In conjure especially such events are attributed to the hag and hag-riding.

nvme

Unread post by nvme » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:31 pm

Thank you for your responses...
As an update, There have been no more dream paralysis episodes since my last post.
Many thanks,
nvme

autumnalflower

Unread post by autumnalflower » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:41 pm

I'm just curious if Psalm 91 would be a good protection psalm for this situation, I'm a soldiers wife and this one is also know as the soldiers psalm. I personally find this one more comforting as far as protection goes over Psalm 23, just wanting another opinion(or is more of a personal preferance?)

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:48 am

Absolutely--and you can see the entire list of Psalms and what they are used for at AIRR--here is the link to Psalm 91:
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/Psalms_91
miss cat and Conjureman Ali worked diligently to get these Psalms into the wiki and describe their spiritual purposes!
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

hopeful

Unread post by hopeful » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:03 pm

My 3 yr old daughter one night woke up frightened and said there was a man standing at the foot of our bed. She covered her face and was so scared. I did not know how to react, I just held her and started praying till she fell asleep but by that time the sun was up. I did not feel scared or felt any negative energy. Well that has stopped after major cleansing, but she will not sleep in the dark period ever since then.

Now we were on the road one day and there was a detour well I had to go one way and that one way was down a cemetery road. As soon as we drove up she immediately closed her eyes and said there r all these people everywhere get out of here, there's a lot of faces and my heart sunk. I started crying because she was so scared and her voice changes to immediate fear and I feel helpless, she said mom please pray we need to pray now and get out of here well the road is one way in and out so I had to drive back through there.

When my grandmother passed away a week before, one night I was loading her up in the car and there her attitude changed and her eyes were full of fear and her voice and she could barely talk and said mommy please hurry up there's two old ladies looking. I felt chills then and immediately changed the subject.

This last time topped it, when we left a Chinese restaurant and she said, mommy, in a calm voice ,do u see that man behind me? for some reason I started laughing i have no clue why but I just said u know what to do so we started praying. she prays her own way cause she really dosent remember her full prayer and it helped, but about 20 min on the road (we live out in the country) she yells and was very angry and said stop tickleing my ear now! She was trying to fall asleep I just drove and brushed it off but I did ask what ever is in my car to please leave her alone she is trying to fall asleep.

This has just surfaced when she turned 3 and thats been a few months now.

I guess my ? Is what is it that she is experienceing and why? I practice here at my home for my family and self am I bringing this on or is she that sensitive. Can someone please help me on what to do and how to help her get through this.

Thanks

DelArca

Unread post by DelArca » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:25 pm

She sounds very psychic. Some people with the psychic gift practice for many years and still may not be able to see as clearly as is sounds like she does.

The best course of action would be to get rid of the fear you feel because that is going to make her more unsure and afraid. There are some LM products that can help you and your daughter with this - Crucible of Courage springs to mind. She may benefit from a night light if it is the worst at night.

Do a search and see if there are any paranormal psychologists that work with gifted children in your area. Either way, read up on it as much as you can. She needs to know that she is safe and understood.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:09 pm

Sounds to me she can see spirits and even interact with em.. id get her a fiery wall of protection mojo to wear and also look into some of the house protection items in cats book..id also cleanse the house regularly. St michael is also a saint to pray to to keep her safe and keep away troublesome spirits.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

sacredspiritualguide

Unread post by sacredspiritualguide » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Hopeful~

I was 2 y.o when I begin seeing spirits and they began talking to me, using me to communicate with the outside world. My mother's fear of my gifts caused me to be deeply afraid of what I saw/felt/heard. I am not saying that you are in anyway responsible for her fears. However, your reaction to her gifts may shape her relationship to them and herself. It is an amazing gift, and one I am thankful for everyday, but it can be challenging to live with. Right now, she has no filter, no strength to tune them out or temporarily close the door. I am guessing that she has had these abilities since birth and only now, at 3y.o., has the cognitive ability to distinguish the living from the dead and the ability to verbalize it.

She should know that she is a very lucky girl to see everything she can. Most entities and spirits from the other-side are not mean-intentioned. They are scary because they are trying to communicate with her. She is like a beacon, a wide open door they are trying to use to communicate. Spirits can be aggressive when they realize someone sees and hears them. The best way to help your daughter is to let her know that she doesn't have to be afraid and that she can always tell them to go, order them to leave. It is very important she orders them to leave, just asking will not work (at least it hasn't in my experience).

I would also use the Fiery Wall of Protection products (as j82 mentioned above) to keep her safe from harm, as well as sprinkle Red Brick Dust (LM carries this product, but I am not sure where to find it in the inventory) mixed with urine across the entry-ways and around the house itself, enclosing your home in a circle. This should help keep the evil spirits away.

I hope this helps!

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”