• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:53 pm

Spells to Calm and / or to Train a Dog

Spells to Calm and / or to Train a Dog

Unread postby jewelzdevone » Sun May 17, 2009 1:00 am

I have been wandering the forums for a few wekks now and one thing that has stuck in the back of my mind is how wonderful it would be to be able to use this craft to help me train my dog.

I am disabled and have been lucky enough to be prescribed a service animal. But I have to train my own dog and the requirements are pretty tough for her to be deserving of the special priveledges afforded to her through the Law.

So, here I am with this new puppy who has tons of energy. She is a very good girl and wants to please but in public, she wants to be a social butterfly and, well, that's not cool when she is expected to act a certain way. It doesn't help that she's cute as can be and everyone wants to play with her. (She's my first puppy - I am totally having a love affair with her right now!)

The main thing getting in the way of me being able to train her on the next level is that she gets really excited (this is what puppies do, after all) and she forgets to listen to me.

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can use any and all of the sources available here to help me both communicate better with her and get her to obey and learn even when she is in an exciting environment. I see that there are items that help protect pets, there are also means of controlling others to abide by my will. Is there any way to mix the two so that I can make the most of my efforts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It would actually have such an effect on my life that would empower me in more ways than I can express.

<3
Jewelz
jewelzdevone

Re: Doggie Magic

Unread postby cancankant » Sun May 17, 2009 8:57 am

One of the biggest things in training a dog or any other animal is that they know that you and only you are the "master". I think that the best thing you can do is create a lot of focus for yourself. You need to project confidence to the animal. I applaud you for training your own dog. Service animals need so much training. Maybe "Crown of Success" for you? They also sell calming essences at the health food store that can be added to the animal's water in order to balance its mood. Lots & lots of exercise via leash walking and retrieving toys, etc. is also in order. Your puppy will need a lot of exercise in order to keep focus! Keep training sessions short when the dog is young and later you can increase the amount of time.

Have you considered a puppy manners class? Doing that and then working up to Canine Good Citizenship is a good start towards a well behaved dog. Do you need the dog to perform tasks for you (like opening cupboards, doors, etc.)? If so, I'd see if there is a trainer that could help you out.

I am by far not a hoodoo expert, but I do know a bit about dog training. I would definitely check out www.leerburg.com for training advice. You also should purchase a "Service Animal" or "Service Animal in Training" vest for your puppy. No one else should touch the puppy but you. You want this animal to depend on you and only you for its needs.
cancankant

Unread postby jewelzdevone » Sun May 17, 2009 12:07 pm

Thanks for all the info. Yeah, I have a couple of sweaters for her to wear. A Service dog in training has the same access as a service animal so that we can train them in the appropriate environment. I don't need her to perform tasks, but would like to teach her tricks and I definitely need her to calm down.

The training part is really fun for me. I live alone and am relatively reclusive. The need for her was actually to help me get out of the house more consistently. So far, she "sit"s and "lies down" and knows "drop it" and "no" and "come over here" and a number of other commands. She even knows how to "chill out" when she's calm enough to listen. I would love to work with her on an agility course.

The walking her part is what's more difficult for me, but I have recently renewed my committment to pushing that comfort zone for myself in order to give her what she needs (and my hiney). It's part of the pact I think.

I know this isn't a dog training forum. I am just hoping people have as many ideas out there that will help me approach the magical areas of my communication and relationship with the number one person in my life as there are ways to "control" and "keep" the attention of others. Surely I'm not the only one who has wondered about this?

So, that being said, I am wondering if "crown of success" would work. She has a little backpack, maybe I can get a mojo and keep it in there and put it on her when I'm training her? Maybe I can make a very small version of one and put it on a collar around her neck? Would I have to keep it on her all the time? Would it be bad for me to touch her mojo like it is for someone else to touch mine? How can I work this out?

Incidentally, I did make myself a sleep pillow that she seems to have gotten quite chummy with. She loves the herb stuff and when i'm at my altar, she won't get off of me - she wants to play with everything as much as I do.

I would love to find some herbal remedies to put in her food to calm her down. You mentioned the health food store - any reccommendations as to a brand or particular item that you have tried. I have not tried to take anything like this myself so I don't know how much to use or what would work well and be non-toxic.

lots of love lots of love
Jewelz
jewelzdevone

Unread postby cancankant » Sun May 17, 2009 2:57 pm

I think a small mojo bag for her pack would be great. One herbal remedy you can use is called "Rescue Remedy". It is by a company called Bach Flower Essences. Natural pet stores carry herb-based tinctures and tonics that can be sprinkled over a pet's food or dropped into its water. Most are made of very harmless herbs that are difficult or impossible to "overdose" on, but I always follow the directions.

The big thing with a puppy is exercise, exercise and more exercise. Then comes discipline (which it sounds like you are working on) and of course, affection. A tired puppy is a puppy that will not give you a lot of problems.

I'd work on increasing your confidence through rootwork, make a mojo bag for the puppy and let them "do their thing", so to speak. Having a dog is a great way to "get out there" and gives people an excuse to talk to you. Having a well-behaved dog will always boost your confidence. There is nothing like a compliment of "What a beautiful and calm dog...I wish my Fido was like that." :lol:
cancankant

Unread postby SouthernGirl » Sun May 17, 2009 11:35 pm

I'm sorry if this is hijacking this thread, but literally moments ago I had been thinking of making a mojo bag for protection of one of my dogs. She's only two years old, but has had about 3-4 incidents where she was in some mortal danger and actually escaped with wounds. She is the only one that seems to have problems like this. She is also my "baby". Of all our dogs, I have the closest connection with her.

anyway, I have this neat little blue bandanna with white paw prints on it that I thought would be great material for the mojo - even the blue for tranquility and peace would be appropriate, I think. But what to put in it? Any help appreciated.

So far I'm thinking, some of her hair, a bit of dragon's blood resin, maybe some frankincense to increase the protective elements. Have some Lucky Mojo "Good Luck" oil to use. Any other thoughts/ideas welcome.

Could I keep this at home when she is or with me when we're traveling do you think?

Again, sorry for the hijack. If this is inappropriate, I can start another thread. The title was just so appropriate!

Morgan
SouthernGirl

Unread postby cancankant » Mon May 18, 2009 7:09 am

What about a St. Francis of Assisi medal? You can even get them engraved with your pet's information.

As for the mojo, she might rip it off her collar if you place it there. Could you sew it to the backside of the bandana? Then it would be concealed behind the fabric and as long as she isn't one to chew on her bandana, you should be okay. Just don't use anything that could harm her or another dog (especially if she has a lot of contact with other animals at dog parks, dog day cares, etc.). Use only herbs that are 100% non-toxic to dogs. If you have other animals that come into contact with her (cats, etc.), make sure that the "stuff" in the mojo is non-toxic as well. :D

It's lovely that people think so much about their animals. I have 2 dogs & 6 cats and they're like my little furbabies. I am thinking about doing some work for health and protection as well. I haven't had any "near accidents" lately, but in the past, I've had some scares and also some awful illnesses in my pets.
cancankant

Unread postby jewelzdevone » Mon May 18, 2009 11:14 am

SouthernGirl,

Totally NOT hijacking the thread! I was wondering why no one ever posted about animals in the forum more. They work so hard to make us happy - it's a place where the best magic is well deserved and needed. They don't have an understanding of the modern world as we do. If we can increase our ability to communicate with them, we can learn a lot more from them as well.

LM does offer a pet protection mojo (Jackie the Cat) here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.html

But if you are like me, you want to make your own. I am thinking about both doing a mojo and a bottle spell for her- to keep on my altar. That way I can let her bond with her mojo but still work with the bottle on my own.

One thing I'm hoping one of the LM staff can answer is wether the herbs used here will help animals in the same way that they do humans. Or is there something about human understanding that helps us be more receptive to their powers and uses? That info would effect the way I approached it.

Also, are there certain herbs that answer our needs for our animals more than others? still waiting to hear back.

If you browse the "herb" section, there are descriptions of a lot of protective elements. I keep hearing it be mentioned that using an odd number, like 13 herbs is the thing to do. But I'm new at this for now, so I'm still working on my mojos. I keep thinking there's a bit of information I am waiting for that will make it complete. Blast that elusive magic!

Cancancant,

Thanks for all of your recommendations. I didn't even think about trying the more subtle herbal remedies to calm her down. I just got my head against the prescribed sedatives and forgot about it.

I do intend on going after her Good Citizenship certification. Pet Smart offers that as well as private sessions, which I may use to deal with the more demanding aspects of training her. They teach the class in a way that actually teaches you how to train your own dog. I think I can learn a lot. I don't have much experience in the pooch department. She's my first puppy ever.

<3
Jewelz
jewelzdevone

Unread postby SouthernGirl » Tue May 19, 2009 9:10 am

I really like the idea of the medal with her info engraved on it. I would add that to the bag. I was actually thinking of making the mojo out of the blue print bandana. I can't leave anything around her neck while we're gone. She's too accident prone! LOL But I was thinking of just having it in the room she's in, that sort of thing. Having it near her. Don't know if that would work or it would actually need to be on her. If that's the case, I don't need to make one. I definitely can't put it on her. For her sake and the other critters we have.

Definitely an odd number of items, 3, 5 or 7 maybe. I personally have 7 in the last mojo I made.

And Oh my gosh, I can't believe I didn't see the pet protection mojo. Thought I'd looked at every item at LM!

Good luck with training your puppy. sounds like you're off to a great start already!

:o)
SouthernGirl

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Tue May 19, 2009 9:05 pm

As much as I hate to disagree with everyone here, I would be very hesitant to sedate a puppy, even with herbal supplements. (As far as my c.v. goes, I am an experienced dog owner from a family that has trained dogs for confirmation showing and field trials.) Puppies are supposed to be energetic, just like human children are, since this is when they learn so much about living and being dogs. It's been my experience that while you can do puppy classes and early obedience now, you won't get any 'serious' training down until they hit about 6 months, when they start settling down just a bit.

I'm not posting this to be a know-it-all, just a bit concerned that doping a puppy might not be the best thing.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...
Chagrinedgirl

Unread postby jewelzdevone » Wed May 20, 2009 9:59 am

Chagrinedgirl,

I appreciate your concern, but I don't think anyone here is talking about anything stronger than, say, chamomile tea would be for humans. If anyone ever suggested I "dope" her, I would walk away and not talk to them, but taking the edge off for a bit so that I can train her in a way that will benefit her greatly for the rest of her life, I think is acceptable.

I know that puppies are supposed to be hyper. Karma turned 1 year old yesterday and is fully grown and mature. This is a service animal. If she is trained well, she will never be left alone in the house when I go to the store or run errands. She is a dog bred for companionship and I see leaving her alone as one of the cruelest things that can be done to her kind. She only gets her special benefits if she is trained well.

I hope this sets your mind at ease.

Jewelz
jewelzdevone

Unread postby jewelzdevone » Wed May 20, 2009 10:05 am

SouthernGirl,

I wonder if making a doggie-dollbaby for your pup and putting the mojo on that on your altar would work?

Jewelz
jewelzdevone

Unread postby Turnsteel » Wed May 20, 2009 10:55 am

Well, if your going to make a doll of the animal I would skip the mojo and stuff the doll with the herbs and curios. Just a thought.
Turnsteel

Unread postby cancankant » Wed May 20, 2009 1:00 pm

No offense taken. I don't believe in pills or tranquilizers for animals at any age, unless it's a last resort. I was merely suggesting some herbal calming tonics like Rescue Remedy. It works to calm the animal of nervous energy and anxiety, as opposed to the normal bounciness and enthusiasm that puppies naturally have. That being said, there's no substitute for lots of exercise like retrieving and walks! :D When my oldest dog was very young (under 2 yrs old), we used to take her to the dog park. She had unlimited, boundless energy, but after about an hour of non-stop running, she could barely keep her eyes open and we had a very tired and quiet dog all afternoon!
cancankant

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Wed May 20, 2009 2:55 pm

I'm glad you didn't take offense, and I admit shouldn't have said anything about the herbal remedies since I've been blessed with dogs that love to travel and don't flinch during the 4th of July, so I haven't used them. I absolutely agree with the exercise, the best 'trank' for my GSD is the tennis ball thrown until I get tendonitis in my shoulder.

That said, since neither of my dogs wear packs and think bandannas are for tug-of-war, would a health and protection mojo I carried for them work if it had their concerns in it?
So be it
-Jason Bourne

Chagrinedgirl

Unread postby jewelzdevone » Wed May 20, 2009 3:08 pm

HailDiscordia - once again, you provide the missing link!

Chargrinedgirl - If you didn't say anything then someone else would have - you just provided an opportunity for us to clarify what we were talking about and I'm glad - before anyone took any real offense. I used a piece of my dog's hair with mine in a mojo for a peaceful home and so far it's working pretty well, but it's not been very long so I'm still waiting to see. To answer your message, I have a Morkie (Matlese/yorkie mix). Her name is Karma (not spelled with the "h" as then it would have the word "harm" in her name). I know she would appreciate your concern for her well being. you did nothing wrong.

<3
Jewelz
jewelzdevone

Unread postby SouthernGirl » Wed May 20, 2009 8:34 pm

jewelzdevone wrote:SouthernGirl,

I wonder if making a doggie-dollbaby for your pup and putting the mojo on that on your altar would work?

Jewelz

LOL Well, Duh! I can't believe that didn't occur to me. Great idea.

And I'll definitely stuff it with protective herbs. Thanks Haildiscordia!

Dang, guess that means I'll have to try to sew a doggie-shaped doll baby. Oy! My skills are not great! Well, it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. Do ya'll think it would be okay to make it out of the blue dog print bandana? Or something more traditional?

Love this forum!
SouthernGirl

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Sun May 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Would using a plush doll representing the breed work? I was thinking of just opening at the seam and stuffing it with herbs since I'm a terrible seamstress.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

Chagrinedgirl

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sun May 24, 2009 4:01 pm

Chagrinedgirl wrote:Would using a plush doll representing the breed work? I was thinking of just opening at the seam and stuffing it with herbs since I'm a terrible seamstress.

I've done something like that a few times. Some say you must sew the doll, but I've actually gone and bought a cheap hollow plastic doll, stuffed it with certain things and did my work and it came out wounderfuly wonderfully. I was trying to curse them and they crashed their car into a tree. So yes I think buying a plush and taking out a bit of the cotton and stuffing it with herbs would be a nice idea.
Turnsteel

Unread postby SouthernGirl » Mon May 25, 2009 10:18 am

You know, at the pet store, they have a heavy duty canvas, rough dog outlined stuffed toy that would hold up forEVER. I had considered that too. Plus, since they are canvas, if you wanted to make it look more like a particular dog, or write their name on it, it would be easily done. hmmm... more and more possibilities.
SouthernGirl

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Mon May 25, 2009 11:31 am

Thank you as always, Discordia, and SouthernGirl, that's a good idea, especially if you have a breed that's tough to find dolls for. I'd think the canvas would stand up better to anointing or feeding with oils or colognes.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

Chagrinedgirl

Unread postby SouthernGirl » Mon May 25, 2009 7:33 pm

Hey, maybe Miss Catherine would be interested in carrying a pet line like this. Sorta like the mojo bags, but empty dog and cat pouches that just the belly would have to be sewn. Even better, a zippered tummy! :)
SouthernGirl

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Tue May 26, 2009 7:47 pm

After a little research, I found that Saint Rocco (Saint Roch) is the patron saint of dogs, and Saint Gertrude of Nivelles is the patron saint of cats, if you'd like to get specific. It's said that when Saint Rocco contracted the plague and went into the forest to die, a dog brought him food and licked his wounds, and he eventually recovered. Apparently Saint Gertrude of Nivelles was known for ridding buildings of rodents. :D
So be it
-Jason Bourne

Chagrinedgirl

Unread postby SouthernGirl » Wed May 27, 2009 12:55 pm

Chagrinedgirl wrote:After a little research, I found that Saint Rocco (Saint Roch) is the patron saint of dogs, and Saint Gertrude of Nivelles is the patron saint of cats, if you'd like to get specific. It's said that when Saint Rocco contracted the plague and went into the forest to die, a dog brought him food and licked his wounds, and he eventually recovered. Apparently Saint Gertrude of Nivelles was known for ridding buildings of rodents. :D

Oh, that's awesome. I'll definitely use that! Thanks so much for sharing. :D
SouthernGirl

Unread postby jewelzdevone » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:22 am

Wow, I'm gone for a few days and look at all the great ideas that have popped up!

<3
Jewelz
jewelzdevone

Unread postby Wylde » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:37 am

I know leaving things on their necks can be troublesome at times if the dog isnt very large you could try a cat "break away collar" perhaps course you may be days or longer trying to figure out where the mojo broke away at... but its just a thought. you could even make your own break away collar out of an old dog collar and some elastic (just look at the retail ones should be easy to duplicate if you wanted to)

I have often considered doing mojo on my cats lol for being annoying little trollops but so far I forgive the evilness that they are :P one "im so cute!" look and usually they are off the hook brats!
Wylde

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:26 pm

Wylde, I think cats are supposed to be a bit evil, that's what makes them cats! You can find small, lightweight Saint charms, I'm planning to put one on each of my pets' collars.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

Chagrinedgirl

spell to help my dog

Unread postby eagerbeaver88 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:11 pm

I was wondering if there were something I could do to help my dog who suffers from very bad case of seperation anxiety, I can't leave her alone because she gets so nervious even when anyone walks out the door she goes crazy...i need something to help ease or calm her nerves..
eagerbeaver88

Re: spell to help my dog

Unread postby jwmcclin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:06 pm

Read these links neither helps use the search tool and type in 'pet'
multiple-work--t4132.html#p21712
help-for-very-sick-cat--t4051.html#p21263
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Devi Spring » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:39 am

Also - crate training a dog works WONDERS with separation anxiety in most cases. Make the crate super comfy and cover it over with blankets on 3 sides so that it is more cave-like. Dog end up loving their crate because it's their little personal den. Then you just put the pup in the crate with a treat when you leave, and they don't have nearly the anxiety (they may bark a bit at first) because they settle into their den and just nap or chew.

Dog Appeasing Pheramone can help too if your case is more extreme. You put it in a plug-in diffuser, and it puts an extremely calming and comforting pheramone into the air that really calms the dog.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MysticRootworker » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:13 am

Hi Eagerbeaver-
I thought I posted this but it didnt show up. You can try the Bach Flower remedies- they are safe, gentle and effective even for our animal friends. Do a search and you can locate them online. Rescue remedy is great.
Best of luck to you and your dog.
MysticRootworker

Unread postby Turnsteel » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:16 am

Seconding what Devi said, you don't need magic, you need to train your dog.
Turnsteel

Unread postby Mama Micki » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:44 am

St. Martin de Porres sheltered and healed dogs and cats and could talk to animals (a saintly Dr. Doolittle!). Ask him to calm and reassure your dog while you train her.

You could also leave the tv or stereo on while you're gone to occupy her, as well as some of the ideas other posters have suggested.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

spells to use on dogs??

Unread postby wraithklewn » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:53 am

im asking the great hoodoo community if there are spells to change a dogs behavior temporarily? not to cause harm in the least bit..so dont think that. maybe to cause minor misbehavior. any that could be used where as i dont have interaction with the pet no longer...altho i wish so to see him badly. if any need more info on why i ask ..go ahead. thanks all.
HRCC Graduate # 1684G
Thank you St. Michael for your fierce protection
wraithklewn

Re: spells to use on dogs??

Unread postby Devi Spring » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:41 am

The types of spells that would make people (or animals) "misbehave" are not pleasant ones - certainly nothing I would EVER wish upon an innocent animal. Whatever you are trying to achieve, I would think about a completely new way to go about it!
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Re: spells to use on dogs??

Unread postby wraithklewn » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:21 pm

ok thank you..i dont wish harm upon this pet in any way.
HRCC Graduate # 1684G
Thank you St. Michael for your fierce protection
wraithklewn

Unread postby eagerbeaver88 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:07 am

thanks, i have tried all the things Devi I do crate her since she was a pup, she is 7 years old, i give her peanut butter everyday before I leave in her kong, but she will bark for a second then eat the treat...but afterwards its back to the same thing, I used to be able to leave her in a room with the door closed but now its to the point where she chews the door and carpet so i had to kennel her again, I do leave the tv or radio on for her all day while iam gone as well, Mama Micki..
eagerbeaver88

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:54 am

If the dog is as old as stated, has been crate trained, and all other methods (food distractions, sound distractions, etc.) have failed, and the dog is exhibiting destructive chewing and unmitigated barking, i would say that the dog has a medical problem, probably low serotonin and low oxytocin.

Put the dog on SSRI medication )so-called "Doggie Prozac") and spray the room with Dog Appeasing Pheromone as needed. (I have found that D.A.P. is excellent for anxious dogs in new situations, but it will not remediate a genetic case of abnormal anxiety. It must be used in the room, not on the dog, and its effects last for about 20 - 40 minutes.)

Pray to Saint Martin de Porres for help.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Devi Spring » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:17 pm

Martin de Porres is amazing. I recently petitioned him to help shield one of my cats from taking on the brunt of a spiritual attack. She recovered right away and things are fanatastic with her health (the vet had been predicting surgery before). He is being added to my All Saints altar right away! He really does do miracles.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Maljen » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:14 am

MysticRootworker wrote:Hi Eagerbeaver-
I thought I posted this but it didnt show up. You can try the Bach Flower remedies- they are safe, gentle and effective even for our animal friends. Do a search and you can locate them online. Rescue remedy is great.
Best of luck to you and your dog.

This.....I have a cat who gets overstimulated very easily, and it results in aggression and over-vocalization....and he is LOUD! *lol* So I've started using Feliway diffusers for a constant (happy kitty hormones), and Rescue Remedy (oral drops) for acute incidents such as the neighbor stray walked by and he goes batty.....so far I'm noticing a change for the better after only a few days.

Also since pets can't tell us what's wrong the way a person can, it is always very important to make sure there isn't an underlying medical problem. And don't expect an overnight fix. Most behaviour issues, be they human or animal, take time and WORK to correct.

Conjure-wise, I'd say perhaps praying to St. Francis to help soothe your puppy, and healing and tranquility work for the dog, too. Best of luck!
Thanks and Praise to Dr. Hernandez, St. Jude and St. Anthony for all you have done, and continue to do on my behalf. My eternal thanks to you for your many blessings!
Maljen

Grandfather Had Complete Power Over Animals: How?

Unread postby Scratchmade Sweets » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:26 pm

Regretfully, I never got to meet my Grandfather as he passed on before I was born. My mom does tell me that he was a very powerful man in dealing with animals. Its something he was gifted with. She told me stories of my Grandfather walking up to the meanest, fiercest, snarling, all teeth exposed, barking, "Cujo" type dog, and how he would get close to his face and say something to the dog (which my mom could never make out: he'd speak low) and the dog would then, literally be licking his face and lay down. He would walk through the woods and pick up deadly snakes which would never even attempt to bite him. He would go into bee hives and get the honey combs and honey but never got stung, etc.

He did things like this all the time and was always able to walk up to the most hostile animal and make it domicile. He had such power in dealing with animals but I do not know what he did or how or if he was involved in any type of conjure. It's like it was part of his spirit or something.

I was told that I can speak to animals and should learn. Maybe this is some gift that was passed down from my Grandfather. I doubt it would be anything similar to what he could do! Hum? I've read the post on the topics but wanted to know if anyone had ever heard of such a thing like how my Grandfather interacted with animal.

Thank you!
Scratchmade Sweets

Re: Grandfather Had Complete Power Over Animals: How?

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:46 pm

I have not only heard of this, I witnessed it from my own Grandfather, who has passed on, but here with me. You will know if you have this inate quality in you.I did. It might not be as pronounced as his, it might just need a "fine tuning". A reading with a member of AIRR and yes I am recommending a reading will actually be able to tell you. One of my first readings did.
AIRR: http://readersandrootworkers.org
I have dogs, not mine that I can train, calm down, and those who are fierce (special recommendations for safety and precautions still and always recommended).
Good luck in the strength of this ability to work with animals!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Scratchmade Sweets » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:24 pm

@ Triplethreat I did have a reading from LM and was asked then if I knew I could talk with animals. I said NO and was told I should try to learn how to. So I will look into it. There isn't much out there on it. Especially talking about our Grandfathers abilities. What I see out there now is more like forming a strong bond with all animals, and getting in touch with your animal totum, etc.

Me, I've always loved animals and a few years back always have rabbits, chipmunks,squirrels, birds in my yard. My mom called me Snow White. I never thought anything of it. This one cat used to bring me gifts and leave them for me...dead mice. I was honored but...I would have preferred something a bit more alive! :oops: Now not so much Snow White. Just my neighbors cat climbing over the fence to come into the yard to poop! Last week I saw a LOT of crows everywhere I drove. I'll be a bit more observant of my surrounding in nature to see what happens.

Not sure how to learn the skill after that but will work on strengthening those abilities. That would be an amazing gift to have.

Good Luck to you as well!
Scratchmade Sweets

Unread postby jwmcclin » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:41 pm

Excellent gift BestofLife. Have you looked for an AIRR worker that has the gift?
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Scratchmade Sweets » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:05 am

That's a great idea JW! I hadn't even thought about looking for an AIRR worker in that way. I will look into it. Thanks for the idea.
Scratchmade Sweets

Spells to Calm Down and Help Train a Dog

Unread postby LilCassandra » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:18 pm

I REALLY need to find a way to calm my dog down or my husband and I are going to go INSANE.

We love our lil girl but she needs more attention than a set of ADD sextuplets.

Anything that can help me calm her down would be incredibly appreciated, but I just don't know where to start.
LilCassandra

Re: Calm Down My Dog

Unread postby j82 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:35 am

Hm they do sell calming pills for dogs at pet stores, mostp pl use em around 4th of july with all the fireworks that can set a dog crazy. If you have a hyper breed then my advice is to wear em out. I own a Jack russell we go for two 30 min walks a day, plus play time in the back yard with a ball lol. look at the positive atleast you get good exercise also. Not sure on what magical workings one would do in this case, just thought id give some practical advice. Good luck
j82

Unread postby sacredspiritualguide » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:14 pm

I hear you, lilCassandra!

I just adopted a little puppy whom I love very much. However, he is VERY hyper! I have found the best way to calm him down is through exercise. We walk and walk all the time. We also take him to obediance classes and Nose Work classes to keep him challenged as well. As the old adage goes, 'a tired dog is a good dog'.
sacredspiritualguide

Unread postby mommystwin27 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:07 pm

I know this is a fairly old question but I find that lavender helps to calm dogs too. I burn lavender scented candles around my home for my family and furbabies.
mommystwin27

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:49 am

This topic was discussed here in detail (doggie-magic-t1249.html)
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby dkas2929 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:56 am

Without knowing what kind of dog you have it's kind of hard to give specifics however dogs are a lot like people
some of use are laid back and some of us are hiper. Exercise is probably the best advice I can give. How old is
the dog? If he's or she's under 2 years old the dog will calm down as they get older. Good luck :)
dkas2929

Unread postby Devi Spring » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:03 pm

dkas2929 wrote:Without knowing what kind of dog you have it's kind of hard to give specifics however dogs are a lot like people
some of use are laid back and some of us are hiper. Exercise is probably the best advice I can give. How old is
the dog? If he's or she's under 2 years old the dog will calm down as they get older. )

Counting on age to mellow them is REALLY breed-dependant. Many small terrier breeds, like Jack Russels, will continue at an insane level well into their teens!
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Benedikte » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:47 am

Hi LilCassandra

Maybe. and hopefully your dog has calmed down by now since you posted this some while ago. But I figured I would give a general spell suggestion concerning" hyper" dogs inside home enviorment. There are some things though I think is improtant to take into concideration in each case, and that is, age, breed, medical history and how many masters the dog had before yourself.

Anyway as a pack you all need to get a long just like an ordinary family where each member is entitled to love and attention. If the dog is in its teenage years it will need a lot more patience and attention than usual and poweful leadeship.

You could use a Peaceful home bottlespell and products and add St. Francis oil and powders.
Working with St Francis is a good help for all pet and animal owners since he will also guide the owner to communicate, understand and find the right remedies and guidelines for their pet.
When you add the petition paper you will write your own name on top of the dogs name and add your own hair as well as the dogs. If you you need some extra "omf" in your "pack leader" responsebility, you can add som drops of Master oil and dress the candle with it before putting it on top of the bottle.

Good Luck!
Miss Benedikte

Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury,pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned
Miss Benedikte

Unread postby Mama Micki » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:10 am

St. Martin de Porres sheltered and healed dogs and cats, and could talk to animals.

st-martin-de-porres-t15764.html
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Benedikte » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:19 am

Hi

Yes, St. Martin de Porres can be very helpful when dealing with domestic animals that are in need of healing. :) I guess that communicating with saints it is a question of your own relationship with the specific saint and how well you cooporate and communicate.
In my experience my first choice would be St Francis when dealing with animals that have behavioral problems and the dynamics in the pack which include the owner and human family. If the cat or dog is in need of medical or healing treatment my choice would ofcourse be St. Martin de Porres.

Miss Benedikte
Miss Benedikte

Help for an out of control dog

Unread postby babygirl » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:20 pm

I figured this was worth a try. My dog who is now 6 years old is completely out of control.

She was my brother in law's dog and he couldn't have her where he lived so he had her at different houses almost every night, she was tied up all the time, always dirty, sitting in her own pee and poop all day, just not a good situation at all.

So he asked me if I could take her home for the weekend, and stupid me agreed because I felt so bad for her. So I decided I was going to keep her with me, and not take her back over. She would have a permanent place to live, food, and 3 children to love her up all day.

Well, this is not going well at all. I have realized that she has extreme separation anxiety. When we went on vacation she lost almost all of her hair because she was so upset about us leaving. She will chew anything she can get her mouth on.

She is not fully house trained, and since she was allowed to pee and poop wherever she wanted to, I guess now she feels she can still do it.

She also has a bit of a mean streak in her. If she grabs something to chew it and we try to take it off of her she will snap at us. I am afraid she may end up biting one of us. I have children, and I worry about her hurting them. If she bites one of my children, then she is going to have a problem, but I don't even want to think about that.

She also does not get along with my other dog at all. He is a tiny little mutt, and she is about 60 lbs. He flips on her all day, and only about 4 times has she showed her teeth to him. I think she is a little afraid of him, and that I find extremely funny. He is a little nuts for such a little dog. I am afraid she will end up tearing him up someday. I have to keep her separated from my other dog, so it is very hard to deal with 2 dogs that can't seem to get along.

I have had her fixed, thinking that would calm her down, but it didn't.

I am losing my mind with her right now. Walking her is not easy either, she pulls, goes after everything that moves, it's not fun, but we have to do it to get that energy out of her. It really does not seem to help. I can walk her for 2 hours and she will come back int he house and run around like she has been sleeping for a week. Please help!!!

Right now I home school my children and work more than full time, so it's hard to find time to really work with her.

I hope there is an easier fix to this rather than going through extensive training classes with her. I just don't have the time to take her to classes, and honestly I don't have the patience to work with her everyday when I have children running around distracting her, and another yapping dog flipping out every move she makes.

I need help! I can't take her to the shelter, that's just not me. I will never be able to live with myself if something would happen to her. So no matter what she is here for the rest of her life.

I am racking my brain here trying to think of what I can do and FAST!!

I don't want her to be too sweet, and not bark when someone is around the house. I want her to protect the house, but be sweet to us.

I am asking a lot I know, but I had another dog, that was my baby, she was perfect, and I know there will never be another like her. She is the best dog anyone could ever ask for. She passed away recently, and I felt like I lost one of my children, she is and always will be my baby. I had the time to spend with her. When we got her she was only 6 weeks old, and we did not have children. She was our child, and she was so spoiled, but she listened, she was very friendly, and she protected us. She was perfect, and I know it's wrong to expect this dog to be like her because I know I will never in a million years have another one like my baby.

I have bend over oil, and do as I say oil. I am wondering if I can rub some oil on her and she will be more obedient.

What about a honey jar? I was thinking I can do the same for her as any other person. To sweeten her up and we won't have to worry about her with the kids or other dog.

I am hoping that with a honey jar and some oils maybe she can at least become a loving pet, and stop chewing everything, and we won't have to worry about her with our other dog or children.

So I hope someone can give me some advice on this, and I am hoping the oils I have will work on her, that would be great, and she will smell great too!!!

thanks to anyone that can help me!!! :?
babygirl

Re: Help for an out of control dog

Unread postby Mama Micki » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:33 pm

Ask St. Martin de Porres for help. He could talk to animals and had a shelter for abandoned pets.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:12 am

This is not a magical problem. This is an animal socialization problem.

1) "tied up all the time, always dirty, sitting in her own pee and poop all day, just not a good situation at all. "

It is worse than "not a good situation." It is animal abuse and in many states it is FELONY animal abuse. Thank you for saving this poor animal from a life of torture and horror, being tied up in urine and fecves.

2) "she is not fully house trained, and since she was allowed to pee and poop wherever she wanted to, I guess now she feels she can still do it."

The dog, unfortunately was not housebroken. It is your duty to housebreak the dog. Start as if the dog were a puppy.

Watch these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGljiQfWjkM (housetraining the older dog with crate training)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfXKNT98I0E (Housebreaking an older dog with clicker/bell training)

3) "Walking her is not easy either, she pulls, goes after everything that moves, it's not fun"

The dog was not taught to walk on a lead. You must train the dog. Since the dog is already large and strong and is pulling you, you should buy a training leader or halter of some sort. I have had great success in training with the "Gentle Leader" type halter. Others prefer the Halti brand. Some larger dogs require a Gentle Leader Harness rather than the head-collar system. I prefer the Gentle leader brand harness as well. With the head-collar system, the dog cannot pull away from you because the geometry of the halter causes the dog's head to veer if she tries. The dog actually self-trains to not pull ahead in order to keep her head forward, where she wants it. If you are indigent, ask your local shelter or dog rescue group if there is a program to loan or sell halters at a discount. They are often available for free, because once they have done their job, the owner and the dog have no further use for them.

Watch these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og3PHoHM ... re=related (Gentle Leader information)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWFPWj08Bhs (fitting the Gentle Leader)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MPiqlPo2E8 (Halti head collar)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU_QgtbP ... re=related (Dog trainer tips for head collar use)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCv0zJXt ... re=related (Before and After -- the whole story!)

Do not be alarmed at funny videos people have posted about how their dogs "hate" the Gentle Leader or Halti head collar training system. Yes, dogs who have reached adulthood untrained to walk on a lead may not enjoy a head collar at first because the halter forces them to learn to cooperate during the walk. The truth is, these head collars can help you train an intelligent dog, with no pain or harm, very quickly. Once they learn it -- they LEARN it and many will never need the Gentle Leader or Halti again, once they learn to walk on a regular lead.

4) "If she grabs something to chew it and we try to take it off of her she will snap at us."
"I am afraid she will end up tearing [my smaller dog] up someday."
"I have children, and I worry about her hurting them."
"If she bites one of my children, then she is going to have a problem."

The dog, unfortunately, was not socialized to dogs or to children and this is DANGEROUS. You must socialize the dog. This will take time. It took time with the dog you had before, the one who was a good dog.

If you are keeping this new dog, you will have to spend TRAINING TIME with her. No short cuts.

You do not need expensive training sessions "every day," but i think you must arrange to spend one hour per week with a professional trainer working on the dog and teaching you how to work with the dog until the dog passes her AKC Canine Good Citizenship test. Dogs who have passed the AKC CGC 10-part test are walkable (without pulling), will allow you to greet a stranger, will allow a veterinarian to examine them, can sit and stay, will come when called, do not attack other dogs unprovoked, and are considered to be safe around children. Every stable, friendly dog should be able to pass the CGC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIzzx5mjeUE (All 10 tests in short clips)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M7jwd4U ... re=related (a rescued pit-bull takes and passes the CGC test)

If your dog cannot pass the 10 CGC tests, she needs help from you, working under the guidance of a professional trainer.

You do need help. You need help from the dog training community.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby jwmcclin » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:35 am

I really admire you cat for taking this issue with babygirl.

The reason the little well big dog is not any of the things you mentioned is that she had a very bad start. She is not trusting and neither would you or I if we were given the same circumstances.

While you can certain include conjure in her bath or oils in her fur, she needs needs love, attention and security and she did not have it initially. It gets harder the older she gets ...because without it because she feels she has to fend for herself.

Since you agreed to take her in, consider the challenges and you have because you asked for help...please take time to socialize her.

I had several issues in the last year with a neighbor who had mistreated two pups...the pups would come to my house daily and I fell in love with them. I will never forget them, they became part of my family. Each time I took them in and cared for them, I mean buying feeding, bathing, taking on car trips, you name...than the neighbor wanted them back, each and every time until I said enough is enough. But it wasn't the puppies fault just like its not your little girls' fault.

Post a prayer for your little girl in the Crystal Silence League http://crystalsilenceleague.org/prayerrequests.html
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Help for a crazy dog

Unread postby babygirl » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:14 am

Thank you! I cried my eyes out watching some of these video's. I didn't want to say anything about her breed in my earlier post because of the way allot of people look down on them, but she is a Pit. My other one, my baby that passed was also a Pit. They really can be wonderful dogs, it all depends on the owner. This one will take allot of work on our part, it may not be the same time every day, it may not be the same length of time every day, but we are really going to crack down on her and work hard with her.

My mom used a gentle leader for her dog, and it was amazing. I wanted to get one for her, but my concern with that is once she realizes what it does to her, that she cant pull, she will not want it back on her once I take it off. Like I said she has that mean streak, and I am worried she may snap at us when we try to put it on her again. I will give it a try though, maybe if she realizes that she will not be going for her walk if she does not put it on, she will let us put it on.

Crate training, tried that, and it was a big disgusting mess. She did not care that she sat in her own pee and poop since that's what she did for so long. He going in the crate did not bother her at all. She is home by herself for about 6 hours each day. Many many times we come home and she has gone to the bathroom. She has to stay in the kitchen while we are gone, and the other dog has the run of the house. So we know it's her going to the bathroom in there. The other dog is house trained, and I guess we can also tell by the amount that comes out. Small dog VS big dog yeah you can tell who did the pooping. lol BUT when we come home and she was good, she didn't get into anything, no potty in the kitchen, she gets big rewards, forget the dog treats, she gets cheese and meat!!! She loves it, and she knows she got it because she was a good girl.

Watching the CGC test, I balled my eyes out. I know she is able to do everything in that test. Right now the only thing she will do is sit on command, but only if you have a treat for her. Forget her sitting just bacause you want her to. She wants rewarded for everything she does, and with the CGC test treats are not permitted. So this is going to be a long process to get her to where we need her to be. I am willing to do it, and I think if we can make the gentle leader a part of her daily walk, the kids may even be able to start walking her as well. If that's the case, she may end up getting 4 walks a day. She will love that!!

There is a class, its called a growl class. It is for aggressive dogs. Oh my the difference in these dogs. I wanted to take her to these classses, and even talked to the instructor about getting her in there. Only problem is the classes start 15 minutes after I get off of work. I would not get there until the class ends. I would love to take her to this class, I think that would be great for her.

Do you think a honey jar would work on an animal just to sweeten her up a bit through this process. I know she needs time and training, but I am hoping that doing a honey jar would make the process go a little smoother. What do you think?

Thank you for all of the info, and hopefully someday I can update this post letting you know she got her CGC!!!!
babygirl

Unread postby sweetie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:44 am

Try the honey jar, it can't hurt. If you're pressed for time why not have the staff do a candle for the dog? Peaceful Home maybe?

I got a great dane in much the same condition as you're describing and I can vouch for using a halti. What I did was hook her leash to my waist (not a belt loop because she'd tear those right off my pants but the belt around my waist) and had her tied to me all day long for a couple of weeks. It's hard not to learn what it looks like when the dog wants to go when they are tied to you-- then I'd take her out before she could even squat, as she was doing her business I'd pop treats in her mouth and say "Go poopies" (life lesson: do not name your dog's biological functions something you will be embarrassed to utter in public-- I learned the hard way, fortunately few people are going to snicker at a woman commanding a large dog no matter how shameful the vocabulary) and before you know it, you'll be able to reverse the order and tell your dog when to go. Hot dogs are awesome treats and it only takes a piece about the size of a thumbnail.

As for the grabbing/possessive nature I went with training her to wear a muzzle at home (I have two kids and at the time two other dogs) when there was competition around, cage muzzles look nasty but even compared to grooming muzzles they seem to be the most comfortable for the dog and they can pant, eat, lick, drink water etc wearing one. I took it off of her when it was just her and I. You can't just shove it on a dog's face though, it took bribery and patience, but she got more freedom wearing it than not wearing it (she would also eat cats-- so she was only allowed to play at the park or in the backyard unleashed when wearing it.) Dogs get a good sense of association when you give them the right incentives and to her the muzzle meant treats and fun.

Please don't think I bring it up because she's a pit, because I know they are great dogs-- I would muzzle the smallest of dogs if there's a risk of biting (I have a mean looking scar from a corgi.)
sweetie

Next

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to Ask Us for Conjure Help with Pets and Wild Animals