• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo, Conjure, Training Workshops

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:22 am

Rune Reading Questions and Answers

How to select and employ Lucky Mojo divination tools, and how to learn fortune telling in the Hoodoo and Conjure tradition.

Rune Reading Questions and Answers

Unread postby Lennor5 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:07 pm

I have used Blum's book on Rune divination, which Lucky Mojo carries, but I can't recommend it because the readings it produces are very ambiguous.

I have also used "The Complete Illustrated Guide to Runes" by Nigel Pennick, published my Element Books, Ltd and found it lucid and well-organised. By "used", I mean that I have done some rune-casting with very variable results.

A friend of mine on the Internet several years ago asked me to do a rune cast concerning a problem that had been bothering him. I couldn't make head or tail of the reading, so I sent it to him and asked him if it meant anything to him.

His response rather surprised me. He said "My God, it sure does. Thanks a lot." Even from Blum's confusing book, I once got a reading which was eerily appropriate. I had drawn Odin's Rune concerning the fate of a seriously ill colleague of mine. I got Death the first time which didn't surprise me. The second time I drew Odin's Rune, I got Warrior.

It meant, of course that he would "not go gently into that good night" but would go down fighting. In the weeks before his death, he gave a series of brilliant lectures to his colleagues which I was privileged to attend. He wrestled with the Grim Reaper to the very end.

On the other hand, I would be less than honest if I did not admit that many of my readings were sheer gibberish. I think that, for one thing, one must be in the right frame of mind to do them correctly. Also, there is always some ambiguity in the interpretation of the reading and I may have chosen the wrong meanings for some of the runes.
Lennor5

Re: Rune Reading Questions and Answers

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:25 pm

We carry black stone runes in a black bag:

DIV-RUN-BKST
Black/Gold Stone Runes in Black Velvet Bag:
$15.95

This is a small, simple, and easy-to-follow book on runes we sell in the shop:

BOO-DIV-PLRB
Predictions Library: Runes by David V. Barrett
$0.00

And, of course, we carry Blum's book with its own rune stone set as well, still the most popular after all these years:

BOO-DIV-RUNE
The Book of Runes (book set / rune stones)
$35.

The following book takes a more Jungian and spiritual approach than seen in many rune books, but people love it and have kept it popular as well:

BOO-DIV-RUTR
Runes for Transformation, Kaedrich Olsen
$16.95

You can order any or all of these items right here in the forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart buttons.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:34 am

I own, have read, and used Runes for Transformation by Kaedrich Olsen, and recommend it highly. Very good book.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Papa Newt » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:20 am

I second that Joseph. I got to meet Kaedrich Olsen when the store I worked for had him in. While on my lunch break I was listening into his class and found it fascinating. Really wish I was able to sit in the whole time! :-D
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!
Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:58 pm

That is great new to hear about the author, Papa Newt! Thank you for sharing that...makes it even easier to recommend his works.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby calawyn » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:36 pm

I've been reading runes for years and one thing that has helped me is to always write down my readings. Runecastings that seem pure gibberish at the time, always end up having powerful messages in hindsight. Sometimes we're not given the answer to the question we asked, but instead given the answer to questions that never dawned on us. It's up to you to take the answer and find a way to apply it to your life.
calawyn

Unread postby heartexalted » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:17 pm

Does anyone else here ever interpret the run Gebo/Gifu (the one that looks like an X) as referring to "the crossroads" or to crossing someone, crossed conditions, etc.? Just curious because I often do. At the very least, I do when I'm doing runic divination about a hoodoo/conjure related matter.
"Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness."
-Proverbs 8:18
heartexalted

Unread postby TheWanderingFool » Thu May 08, 2014 3:40 pm

heartexalted wrote:Does anyone else here ever interpret the run Gebo/Gifu (the one that looks like an X) as referring to "the crossroads" or to crossing someone, crossed conditions, etc.? Just curious because I often do. At the very least, I do when I'm doing runic divination about a hoodoo/conjure related matter.

Personally I do not but the rune Nauthiz which looks very similar to Gebo does relate to crossing or crossed conditions as it indicates delays and set backs that one strives to overcome.

Hope this helps
TWF
TheWanderingFool

Unread postby Miss Aida » Mon May 12, 2014 8:21 pm

Hello, heartexalted ,
There's a few good books that Lucky Mojo sells on the topic.
Just scroll down this page to the category of divination and you'll see books on ruins: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html
Also, here's a terrific webpage about ruins
www.luckymojo.com/runes.html
Enjoy and good luck with your divinations!
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to Divination Tools, Tarot Cards, Pendulums, Crystal Balls, and Spirit Boards