Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Greetings to all... Topic is solved

bluesprof

Greetings to all...

Unread post by bluesprof » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:35 pm

Greetings all...
It's a pleasure to be part of this forum. I think what Cat and all the people at Lucky Mojo do is terrific. I'm a professor at a major midwestern "research" university (which really only means that it's an expensive place for the students to attend lol) and I teach courses in the blues and folklore. I received my PhD in folklore and American ethnomusicology from a rival midwestern university. For several decades I've been active in researching the kinds of topics I assume we're all interested in and spend a lot of time in the deep South. Although my academic background probably disdains actual work in such things as hoodoo, rootwork, conjuring, or whatever other sobriquet one wishes to give our interests, the reason I originally became interested in all this is because I think that traditions exist with great time depth because there is at least an element of truth in them. And, I've seen things in working with sacred practitioners on several continents that validate for me that the "western scientific method" is really just a bias and has as many flaws in it as anything else (perhaps even more). I look forward to joining you all in discussions and our mutual journey.
Best to all...
Hawk

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Greetings to all...

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi Hawk,
Welcome to the forum! Occasionally we will have posts about the history of Hoodoo and Conjure as well as mentions of modern day findings that speak to the history of traditional root work. The main thrust of this particular forum is to help folks learn about and use Lucky Mojo Curio Company's fantastic line of products. I am sure that you will find much of value given your interests.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

bluesprof

Unread post by bluesprof » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:08 pm

Bri...
I have been a customer and user of Lucky Mojo products for several years. LM is the only line (outside of a few "doctors" I know in the South) that I trust. Cat knows her stuff for sure and the quality of LM products is unsurpassed.

Jinglepop

Unread post by Jinglepop » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:56 pm

Hello everybody!

I just joined in, and I have no idea on what I'm doing. Just a fellow newbie Hoodoo practitioner back here in Singapore! (South-east Asia, not in China as lots think)

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “2009 Public Forum Introductions”