Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Hey there! :)

Gwydion1987

Hey there! :)

Unread post by Gwydion1987 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:12 am

Hey everyone,

I just joined this forum and wanted to say "hi"! I'm glad that the universe was quiet engaged to get me here and to start my own studies of Hoodoo. I'm reading, I'm listening, I'm learning and become more and more fascinated with the subject and the down-to-earth energy of this work. Having a background in the neopagan movement, it's refreshing to find a space that's not defined by pink unicorns and glitter (not that anything would be wrong with either of those ;)).

A little bit more about me:
I'm 23 and living in northern Germany. My sunsign is Leo, my rising sign Scorpio and my moon was in Gemini. Therefore I'm a shiny mystic who likes to express himself, looses focus of the details from time to time and has a big heart. I love to study the magickal arts, am currently learning in a hoodoo-influenced Craft-tradition and am all into plants. Besides that I like to exercise my body, love to write and paint and am working on my B.A. in Gender Studies and Religious Studies. I'm a learned Feng Shui Consultant and Tarot Reader as well, but have yet to manage to turn this into some kind of income.

As far as my current involvement with Hoodoo is concerned, I'm just starting to get a glimpse of an over-view. I found that a lot of cleansing and blessing work that I learned and practice originates in Hoodoo. Therefore some elements aren't that "new" for me, but the context is.
Besides the cleansing work I started to do an on-going job on my mother, which is basically a white candle spell on an image and name-paper of her surrounded with lemongras, sage and mint. The aim is to strengthen her mind and give her clarity where she needs help and where she doesn't (- for she is 62 with a troubled health, a kind of constant depression and money issues, who has a really hard time to accept that she might need help with some issues). I pray that she may be blessed with everything good and that everything bad may be cast away.

As soon as my order from LM arrives (I'm happy to have found a friend with a credit card, for I don't have one), I will start some money drawing and keeping magic for myself as well (though my mother might need some as well).

Well, I guess that's enough for now. Feel free to ask any questions if you like.

I'm excited to share this space with you!
bb*
Gwydion

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Hey there! :)

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:24 am

Welcome to the forum! I have two suggestions, start reading cat's online book Hoodoo in Theory and Practice: An Introduction to African-American Rootwork http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html and consider purchasing cats book Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html both are great finds...enjoy.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Gwydion1987

Unread post by Gwydion1987 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:30 am

Thank you! Actually, I did both and the book on herb lore hopefully is on it's way to me. :)

bb*
Gwydion

Miss Ida Lundin

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi Gwydion,
Nice to meet another European. Hope you will enjoy the forum.
//ida

Gwydion1987

Unread post by Gwydion1987 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:58 am

Oh, it's my pleasure! :) I assumed there wouldn't be that many other European folks here ... .

bb*
Gwydion

Ms Tina

Unread post by Ms Tina » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:58 pm

Hello,
I'm from B-more, and I'm happy to be here. I've been a magic practitioner for many years, but I'm lovin' the simplicity and effectiveness of conjure. I have Cat's book and I've started purchasing her products and I must say that I notice a difference. No more factory scented perfumes for me! I hope to start taking the correspondence course in 2011.
Peace,
Tina

Lady Muse
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lady Muse » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum!
Blessing

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “2010 Introductions”