Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Newbie hello!! Thank you WSJ!!

tatiberg40

Newbie hello!! Thank you WSJ!!

Unread post by tatiberg40 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:46 am

I wanted to take a quick moment to say hi and how weird it was that I found you all here.

I have been having discussions with my father about contacting Native American members of his side of the family to put together a Botanical or "Rootwork" guide for the younger family members so our history would not get lost. His grandmother was a midwife and he would spend his summers with her and he speaks often of helping her collect roots, leaves, berries, and moss and all sorts of things from the woods for different things.

Just this week I pick up a WSJ (Wall Street Journal) at work and see the Hoodoo article with Cat's picture on it. It led me to Cat's website and walla! There is the "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic". The type of guide I was looking to make, granted It would probably take me a lifetime to do. I want to learn as much as I can and pass on to my children when they are ready.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Newbie hello!! Thank you WSJ!!

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:53 am

Hello, tatiberg40, and welcome to the forum!

I am so glad that the Wall Street Journal article led you to my site. I think that you will enjoy my book "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" -- it represents the African-American mixture of magic that is drawn from African, Native American, and European usages of roots and herbs, and it represents my own 40 years of study and practice, at the time i wrote it. In the back of the book is a bibliography that points to some other good books on Native American botanical usages, both for magic and for medicine.
catherine yronwode

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:17 am

Welcome to The Forum tatiberg40!
"Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" is excellent!
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html
The Lucky Mojo Products are one of a kind! Here is the link to the full catalogue:
http://www.luckymojo.com/lucky-mojo-inventory.html
Here is the link to The Lucky Mojo Herbs and Roots within the complete inventory you will enjoy:
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatherbs.html
Look forward to seeing you around!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:18 am

Welcome to the forum and that Wall Street Journal article was brilliant!
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

tatiberg40

Unread post by tatiberg40 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:54 am

Thank you everyone. I feel so fortunate to have found this forum and Cat's web site. Thank you all for compiling such useful and educational information. I know it took a lot of time and effort. I appreciate it ALL!

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:01 am

Welcome Tati, and enjoy what will be a wonderful journey!
Thanks and Praise to Dr. Hernandez, St. Jude and St. Anthony for all you have done, and continue to do on my behalf. My eternal thanks to you for your many blessings!

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “2010 Introductions”