Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Steph's Introduction

steph
Steph's Introduction

Unread post by steph » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:43 pm

Hello,

Just dropped by to register as I begin debating taking the course or not. I am here to spend some time getting to know everyone and perhaps, down the road - when the time becomes right, apply for the correspondence course.

I was raised Jewish but had a spiritual awakening a few years back that opened me up to Isis and Tehuti. So for several years I have been taking every course and program I could find in hopes to prove myself worthy of the divine inspiration I have been blessed with as well as showing my devotion. Since my eyes were opened I have joined Fellowship of Isis - starting my priestess studies this month (took me awhile to find the right teacher), studied Reiki, Crystal Healing, Egyptian Grammar at Kemetic Org House Netjer, Wiccan First Degree Student (finishing up my year soon), as well as Flower Essences, Spiritual Reflexology and more. My path is clear to me and my end goal is to help others by teaching what I have learned either within an established school or perhaps create my own - whatever path the Gods have designed for me is where I will walk.

I feel that at 46 years of age my new life-stage is to gain as much knowledge as I can and this design has led me here. While I have heard of Hoodoo I do not know much about it and before I even consider applying for the course I need to be 100% certain this is for me. I spent two years finding the school for my wiccan studies, one year for my fellowship of Isis and 13 months for the Kemetic studies. I guess you could say I take a lot of time finding the right education for me and I expect it will be no different here. I tend to be very careful after having one bad experience at wicca school that was entirely mismanaged and utterly disorganized (Organization is huge to me). Since I invest my time, energy and money by taking courses I also need to make certain that I am able to give what my instructor requires - that I owe my current teachers and future teachers respect by taking the time needed to consider if I am ready, prepared, and able to begin a new branch of studies. So while I finish my other courses up I will be here meeting new people and learning more about Hoodoo. I hope to gain enough knowledge and insight to determine my next step.

Best Blessings,
Steph
Best Blessings,

Steph

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Steph's Introduction

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi, Steph,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forum. For some grounding, you may wish to purchase Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic (required for the course anyway) as well as The Black Folder.

Here are some links for you. Read these web pages from cat yronwode's "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" for more preliminary information:

Hoodoo History:
http://luckymojo.com/hoodoohistory.html

Oils:
http://luckymojo.com/oils.html

Baths:
http://luckymojo.com/baths.html

Powders:
http://luckymojo.com/powders.html

Incense:
http://luckymojo.com/incense.html

Candles:
http://luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

Herbs:
http://herb-magic.com

Conditions and how we can address them:
http://luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html

Now that you are here in our forum, please take a moment to notice that the board is divided into four parts:

1) News and Announcements about the Lucky Mojo Curio Company and this site.

2) Lucky Mojo Spiritual Supplies and how to use them, listed in threads by product type and product title.

3) Life Conditions and Situations, with recommended Lucky Mojo products, spells, and advice.

4) The Online Hoodoo Community, including sites, events, and outreach sponsored by Lucky Mojo.

When you post, it helps your moderators, who are recompensed volunteers, if you post in the area of the board that is best suited to the archival of your question or comment. That way moderators will not have to move your post or merge it into ongoing threads.

If you can't find a post you made, it may have been moved or merged. Go to your profile by clicking on your name and "search recent posts" -- you will find it.

Within each board section there are STICKY threads -- ones that always stay "stuck" to the top. These are popular discussion-threads that you can read and add to if your questions or comments fall into one of these oft-broached topics. If you don't see a "sticky" that relates to your question, feel free to start a new thread in the relevant section.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

steph

Unread post by steph » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:04 pm

Thank you for the info and links - I appreciate the welcome as well. I printed out the course registration info page so that I can use the required purchase list as my shopping list. I am planning to order Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic and the first four ritual oils but will add The Black Folder to that. I am so new to this so if you have information about items I should purchase first for my "New to Hoodoo" kit please let me know.

Best Blessings,
Steph
Best Blessings,

Steph

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:52 am

Hi Steph and welcome to the Forum :)
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

steph

Unread post by steph » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:25 pm

Hi Aura and thank you.

I am pretty excited being here and really looking forward to learning.

So I am getting my book Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic delivered on Monday so I am pretty excited about being able to read it. Then I went into the store here to buy some items to play with and became shocked! I have to say those are the best prices I have ever seen. The oils alone are about half of what I pay at wiccan shops! I wish someone told me about Lucky Mojo years ago - could have saved me a bundle. Also a bit miffed that one of my hoodoo friend sold me some hoodoo items she got here for about triple the price!

I created a list of items I want to experiment with such as some oils, salts and washes. I think I want to do some cleansing before I experiment only because I worry about blending the energies from past castings with new castings since I am a newb at this. I want to read up more on how to cleanse my practice and temple room.

Anyways I have a ton of questions I am going to go find answers for now - looking forward to meeting more people here and making new friends.

Best Blessings,
Steph
Best Blessings,

Steph

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:20 am

Welcome to the forum steph.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:40 pm

Hello, and welcome.
Two-Headed Doctor

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:33 pm

steph, the course is a great consideration, worth the value and your time. Welcome.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:09 am

Greetings steph, Isis is what started my spiritual searching as well. She is a powerful and beautiful force. I no longer follow the Egyptian practices because I have been following the religion of my ancestry (Celtic and Norse), my spiritual practice now could be classified as an eclectic form of Paganism. I have found that Hoodoo feels completely natural and intuitive, as if I have known it all along.

The Hoodoo Herb and Root book is totally amazing! You are gonna love it. And I think that you are right on the money with not wanting to mix or blending workings. When learning Hoodoo it is a good idea to let it stand alone and get a firm grasp of how it feels on its own. I'd love to chat with you more about your Wiccan experiences.

Welcome to the forums.
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

steph

Unread post by steph » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi There,

Thank you all for the kind words and thank you Miss Phoenix as well. I would love to chat more. I have been reading as much as I can about Hoodoo and must have gone to every site I could find - from there I have read as many reviews as I could find about the course here and everyone has positive words about it. It seems most of the people who have Hoodoo businesses online have taken this course. For me this is a more personal journey since I have felt a gap in my Wiccan studies and was sort of shocked to discover that what I grew up with has Hoodoo aspects - a conversation I hope to have with my mother soon. I find myself looking forward to possibly taking the course that I have mapped out what to buy and when. This will be an interesting new path for me.

-Steph
Best Blessings,

Steph

steph
Altar Direction Question

Unread post by steph » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:56 pm

Sorry I was not sure where to post this

So I am new to hoodoo here and have started reading about the different Altars for different reasons and was wondering about direction. In one book it mentioned not putting altars in certain directions so my question is this. I know in wicca I face my Altar east but that is the direction I am facing when working on it and my Altars front is actually faced West.

Example:

[o] <---- Altar positioned against a wall - lets say this is North
0 <--- Me standing before the altar - here I am facing the Altar so facing North.

To me the Altar is facing South and I am facing North - so in Hoodoo when it gives you a suggested direction which is it? Is it the direction that the altar faces or the direction you face when standing before the altar?

I wish to try my hand at creating some of the hoodoo altars that I read about in Mama Starrs Conjure Workbook but want to make certain I am able to get them to face the correct way in my temple. I have two orders arriving from LM soon so I thought if I had my altars ready so that I could begin to practice a bit. I still need to study a lot more about the altars but this was one of the first areas I was curious about.

Thank you in advance for helping me out.

Blessings,
Stephanie
Best Blessings,

Steph

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “2013 Public Forum Introductions”