• Advertisement
Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:13 pm

4711 Cologne

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herb baths, crystal salt baths, and floor washes for cleansing, protection, love, health, and luck.

4711 Cologne

Unread postby angelael » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:17 pm

What is the scent of the 4711 eau de cologne? Is it used for luck or more like florida water? Lucky Mojo is selling a mini bottle of this online now.
angelael

Re: 4711 Cologne

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:10 am

4711 is the ORIGINAL Cologne, the one that gave the name "Cologne" to all of the Colognes that came after. And it is still being made!

4711 is quite expensive and highly concentrated. Hoyt's Cologne is an excellent and cheaper copy of it and is lucky in hoodoo.

Florida Water is a lousy, very cheap copy of it that is used in Afro-Caribbean traditions of spirituality.

Those who understand perfumery tend to identify these three as a family of scents, which they are, and that is why we stock the mini-bottles of 4711. It is not of much interest in folk magic per se, except to those who wish to trace the history of perfumery in folk magic.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby MissMichaele » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:07 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:Those who understand perfumery tend to identify these three as a family of scents, which they are, and that is why we stock the mini-bottles of 4711. It is not of much interest in folk magic per se, except to those who wish to trace the history of perfumery in folk magic.

I have fond memories of 4711. I discovered it in a local drugstore when I was in my early teens, after my mother had forbidden me to wear Faberge Tigress, her signature scent. "You don't steal another woman's thunder," she used to say. When I showed it to her, she approved of it and ... promised never to wear it as long as I did.

I guess the only hoodoo connection here is that I still like Florida Water because it reminds me of *my* signature scent from decades ago, much more than the delightful Hoyt's Cologne does.

Nostalgically,

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby angelael » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:04 pm

I got my adorable bottle of 4711 today. For me it is similar to Hoyt's cologne and Florida water when it first goes on. (A lemony Hoyt's) After it mellows out it is a little similar to the Peruvian version of Florida water. It smells Lucky.
angelael

Unread postby Devi Spring » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:41 am

What great info here! I guess I'll have to get me a bottle in the near future!
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:24 am

Hey, Devi -- there is even MORE info on my relationship to 4711 in this post:

numerology-and-the-meanings-of-numbers-in-hoodoo-t7844-60.html#p132306

Enjoy!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook