Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spells Employing Water from Ocean River Spring Rain Church

How to use Lucky Mojo herb baths, crystal salt baths, and floor washes for cleansing, protection, love, health, and luck.
path2success

Spells Employing Water from Ocean River Spring Rain Church

Unread post by path2success » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:43 pm

Does keeping a glass of water open by our bedside do anything related to dreaming true? I was advised by a AIRR rootworker to do this when working on a case and I don't remember exactly but i was told to read psalm 53. i was also burning the master key candle then at LM. I used to get dreams which were knid of telling me what will happen in future - sometimes i heard a voice , sometimes i saw events being played out.
Now all that has stopped and I want to have those kind of dreams again.

Any suggestions?

I tried anointing psychic vision oil but nothing happened. Any other products i can use?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Glass of water at bedside- Purpose???

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:53 pm

To prevent nightmares, you can place a glass of water at your bedside before going to sleep and dispose of it in the morning (in the toilet)

I have also heard to light a white candle dressed with blessing or peace oil and put a glass of water at your bedside to prevent nightmares or get a good night sleep.

You may want to contact the reader AIRR rootworker for details and keep notes.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:56 am

You could consider making yourself a mojo bag intended to enhance your dreaming gifts.

Dreaming true is not always consistent. Usually, if nothing major, or if no changes are occurring you won't dream anything significant. Placing a glass of water acts as seive for your dreams. It keeps out dark intentions and helps you dream true, if you have that innate ability.

Try lighting a white candle with Psychic Vision and leaving it on your bedside to burn down next to the cup of water while reading Psalm 49. At the end make a quick prayer to dream true and then relax and simply determine that the dream will come to you. Good luck.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:34 am

path2success wrote:Does keeping a glass of water open by our bedside do anything related to dreaming true? I was advised by a AIRR rootworker to do this when working on a case and I don't remember exactly but i was told to read psalm 53. i was also burning the master key candle then at LM. I used to get dreams which were knid of telling me what will happen in future - sometimes i heard a voice , sometimes i saw events being played out.
Now all that has stopped and I want to have those kind of dreams again.

Any suggestions?

I tried anointing psychic vision oil but nothing happened. Any other products i can use?
I have used a bowl of water by my bed for dreaming true. I have used a bowl of water and cup of dried althea by my bed for peaceful home work, and I have used a bowl of water and Holy Bible by my bed for dreaming true.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

MadameKoiteh

Unread post by MadameKoiteh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Peace and Blessings,
I think you have many excellent suggestions here to address your dreaming. I would also like to suggest you burn a little bit of anise on charcoal before you retire. Some people also like sandalwood for psychic endeavors. I think any attempt at psychic dreaming is most effective if you are not too tired before you go to sleep. You might want to do some work to contact your Spirit Guide about this. Good luck to you.
Many Blessings,
Madame Koiteh

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:16 pm

Thank you so much everyone for all the suggestions!! I love this forum!

GoddessMojo
Forum Member
Share Your Methods for Obtaining Holy Water...

Unread post by GoddessMojo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:45 am

As a non catholic, Holy water was one of those things that lay people never really laid hands on or had access to, nor was it as important for me to understand. I always understood it to be powerful but until recently never gave using or obtaining it myself much thought. Researching it has been very interesting.

Some work I've been researching references holy water as an important ingredient, and LM doesn't seem to offer it. My instinct says these spells mean the Catholic style, salt and water cleansed, exorcised, and blessed by a priest. I see the 'Holy water' available for sale over the web from Lourdes, etc.- but I also know it is against church law to sell a blessed item, and that the blessing is lost upon selling, and with most of these items it is not clear whether they have actually been mixed with salt and blessed or not.

I understand there are public fonts at the entrance to a catholic church, but I am at a loss as to how to respectfully, appropriately, and unobtrusively obtain some to take home with me. I am curious how others go about getting it and your thoughts on various options. And if anyone uses holy water from different religions or denominations than the Catholic Christan churches, and if so what your experience has been.

Thanks!
Thank you Saint Martha for hearing my petition and for your ongoing good works for myself and others.

justaskingtoknow

Re: Share your methods for obtaining Holy water...

Unread post by justaskingtoknow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:47 am

You can usually go to a church that has some and ask for some and they'll give you some. My family used to do that when we were younger. :)

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:05 pm

I make my own holy water using the method outlined by Dion Fortune.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

MysticRootworker

Unread post by MysticRootworker » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:38 pm

I plan on making my own myself. I am fortunate to have natural spring water in my house. I have no filtration or anything so it is straight from mother earth. I think that will be good to use.

theusurper
Forum Member

Unread post by theusurper » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:28 pm

i just get water when is raining and pray over in the name of the father , the son and holy spirit.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:05 pm

I go to the church and get some. They are very nice about giving it to you, but be prepared to bring your own bottle or something.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:53 pm

I do as starsinthesky7...just go there and get some and yes I bring my own bottle.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:07 pm

Another reader of Dion Fortune, I knew I liked this board ;-).

I make my own Holy Water though there are times when I've gotten some from a church. It is actually most attainable.

GoddessMojo
Forum Member

Unread post by GoddessMojo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:53 am

Great answers guys, thanks. I have made my own; but wasn't sure such water would be most useful in hoodoo, or if I might get more efficacy from Catholic church holy water.

Funny when you realize you have no problem going to a graveyard and buying dirt but going into a church and asking for holy water makes you queasy.

In my mixed pentecostal and protestant upbringing, a church would have questions for you, at least, before just handing anyone holy water; it had not occurred to me this might not be the case in a Catolic church. I'll go tomorrow and ask!
Thank you Saint Martha for hearing my petition and for your ongoing good works for myself and others.

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:19 am

Often in a catholic church you don't even have to ask, there is usual a basin of it toward the front of the church. If there is a cover o it tho, that's the baptismal font,lol. If you don't see one or aren't sure if its ok to take some just ask, with the trends in church going, the priest will probably just be happy to see anyone taking an interest :)

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:57 pm

Its actually pretty easy to obtain holy water or anything else from a church. They are extremely happy to help out. In my ceremonial work I've had a priest bless chalk for my Circle and other drawings, I've even had him wear my vestments while doing a service. The priests seem very helpful whenever I've asked.

GoddessMojo
Forum Member

Unread post by GoddessMojo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:24 am

Well, my experience today was mixed. I found three separate catholic churches that seemed to have no idea what I was talking about when I asked for holy water to take home, or offended that I asked at all. Two told me flatly "we don't do that".

I finally tracked down a nice lady at a parish rectory, who got me a small bottle. I am sure having a developed relationship with a church would help and I plan to do that. But my experience was an educational treasure hunt. I found some interesting discussions. I think I am absolutely fine making my own. Glad I brought it up!

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:27 am

I just go to the Catholic church, 'cause that is what Holy Water is. Water blessed by a priest, but if you want pre-Vatican II style Holy Water, go to a Greek or Russian Orthodox Church.

I have never had a church not give me Holy Water. People have fonts at home and need the water to bless themselves before they leave. My mother gets Holy Water by the gallons for her fonts.

Where do you live?

Mary

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:00 pm

I too am surprised to hear of a Catholic church not giving away Holy Water. It is given to take home, for use in sick call boxes, for use in home fonts. Your experience sounds highly unusual to me.

I can tell you that even i, as a Jew, have been given holy water from churches all the time -- Greek Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Russian Orthodox -- all of them will give it to you.

It helps if you have a holy water bottle for them to put it in -- but that is not necessary. Any nice bottle will do, so that they can see that you are sincere.
catherine yronwode

GoddessMojo
Forum Member

Unread post by GoddessMojo » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:39 pm

I live in Austin TX, and was also surprised, but it DID happen.

I called five different churches - all Catholic- ahead of time because I've never been inside a Catholic church and wanted to be sure I was as respectful and well informed as possible. I asked sincerely and tactfully if they had a public holy water font so that I could obtain some for use in my home. And I had a plastic holy water bottle, and a very beautiful vintage glass bottle - I promise I was respectful.

The two who said they don't do that really did sound either confused or offended, and both said they don't have public fonts, that they only had one available to the priests. One said that she had never had anyone ask, that the Holy Water font they had wasn't available to the public and the priest wasn't in, and didn't think they did that; the other who turned me down was pretty rude and just said "we don't DO that." and hung up. They were both smaller churches, I'm assuming with a close and tight knit congregation such that they would find my call odd - and perhaps that explains the reaction?

I ended up finding a nice older Catholic church who was happy to oblige, AND speaking with the priest at the Greek Orthodox church, who was happy to share his Holy water with me. I plan on attending some services at both to develop a more friendly relationship in the future. I really appreciate the input from everyone.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:40 pm

I'm glad you were able to meet friendly people and get the Holy Water you requested.
catherine yronwode

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:14 am

I've had kind of a similar experience where the lady was reluctant to give me holy water. I am a catholic so I was surprised to see a church refuse. There was a container in church which hardly had any water left and drop by drop i had to keep filling the bottle so it was taking a long time and I had hardly got any - maybe around half an inch of water in a small container and she said "Maybe you should leave some for others". I never went back after that...

chy clayton s

Unread post by chy clayton s » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:14 pm

My husband is an Anglican Priest (Catholic Lite ;)

I read these post to him and asked why a church would refuse to give Holy water.

He said 2 reasons,

1. You talked to a volunteer secretary or clerk who gave you bad info.
or
2. You live where there is an active group of people who have been using the Holy Water in ways not approved.

His own Parish is under Holy orders to account for every drop of Holy Water and to account for every piece of Host because someone in our area has been killing animals at a nearby Catholic cemetary a couple of times a year.

But if someone asked him or another clergy for a home visit - they would gladly leave a vial of Holy Water with them. And if they just wanted the water he would tell them to sit a Mass and then ask.

Miss_Liz

Unread post by Miss_Liz » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:50 pm

I need some holy water for a honey jar plant and am wondering how one makes holy water. My fiance is Catholic so he got me a small bottle but it seems that having to go back frequently to have enough to keep the plant watered would raise questions and be, well, inconvenient unless I could get it in larger containers which he said would be hard to do. I'd also like to know for a fact I'm not poisoning my poor plant with salt.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:48 pm

I take small vials that are the same as the vials I have received in spell kits from LM. I would not take a "small water bottle" into the Church or even one the size of a Honey Jar. I feel bad if I spill a drop.
The water is Blessed on Holy Days in the Catholic Church,and It is blessed by a Priest or a Bishop. Symbolism is always involved.
I use Holy Water often and find it to be MOST effective.
I can understand the additive of Holy Water to your endeavor or anyone's for that matter, but I do not see the need to use Holy Water as a means for keeping a plant alive. A few drops, if this is the purpose, along with some regular water (to feed the thirst of the plant) should do the trick, along with whatever else you are working.
An example... Holy Cards and Candles can be ordered from LM. I use Holy water, a few drops (for dressing) before burning St Michael and St Jude. 3 drops. I have applied the water to the Holy Cards and I use it on my forehead and in the sign of the Cross (blessing).
I believe LM has the vials to order. I would use Holy Water sparingly-- and always with purpose, like in the need for protection in the home or on the person (a child) or in the case of someone who is sick, or blessing types of work--I would NOT consider ever the use of Holy Water in anything for lust or any "natural realm" purpose--- just my opinion.
Be Blessed.
---Triplethreat
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

Miss_Liz

Unread post by Miss_Liz » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:54 pm

I read on the forum to only water it with holy water, can you just add a few drops to normal water then and it would count?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:32 pm

Different people do it different ways. Holy Water is not a rare commodity. If you want to use only Holy Water, that's fine.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:35 pm

Ellis... I was combining the combination of a few posts on this issue. (from the Head Topic) I was sharing about other posts about the issue on obtaining the Holy Water and also how I use it, general concepts and purposes. Go back and do a forum search and also see what Cat has posted in the online book,too.
I am not impuning your work. I meant no offense. I, too, am learning things daily and monthly on the forum.
If the spell calls for watering a plant with Holy water (I am curious to see...and would like some knowledge of the beginning of this concept--just to READ)
Thanks and I wish you well in your work! :)
Be Blessed.
---Triplethreat
#1606 GA

Miss_Liz

Unread post by Miss_Liz » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:26 pm

my-parents-romance-&-communication-t4830.html#p32447

That's the thread that talks about the apple honey container plant spell, CopperFox said to only water it with unsalted holy water, and that is where I need more information. Every "recipe" I've found for holy water in either Catholicism or NeoPaganism calls for salt to be added to the water.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:18 am

Well, obviously heavily salted water will kill a plant, but most Holy Water is not heavily salted. A very small ceremonial amount of salt is added for purification purposes. You're probably quite safe using water from a Church, or simply make your own using only a pinch of salt.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator
Water of Seven Waters Question

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:06 pm

I try to the best of my ability to keep my posts positive. This one is not going to be. Day 106 after the spill. I live here along the most beautiful beaches in the world. I want the beautiful Gulf of Mexico back, and I do not believe AT ALL that 75% of the oil is just poof-- gone.

A Sea Captain here committed suicide six weeks ago. They "report" a few thousand animals have died. The sand is white and we need the tourists and many want to come just to support the economy--but the oil is embedded in the sand. They are working on fixing it. There was a post when the spill first happened about how, what if anything could help. Oddly enough, the small tropical waves of nature have helped and aided-- not the chemicals-- Mother Nature.

Mrs. Cat has commented twice (I have read) that I know of about the spill and how there are major environmental issues compared to some small items each day that we (I) am guilty of focusing on.
I DO NOT BELIEVE AT ALL that most of the oil is gone. It will effect the Gulf for a long time. I wish there was something to help in this. AND THIS IS "The Bible Belt" and We are Praying-- for everything, for the environment, lifestyle (to be able to take children to the Gulf without fear of them getting sick) the animals, the livelihood of generations of fisherman, restaurants, hotels, people-- the Wetlands-- the helpless animals--

...There was even a rumor that we could be forced to leave if there was a hurricane that pushed the oils through the air making it impossible to breathe and the Government could make us leave our homes... like something out of Hollywood.

So maybe --just might --and for real hope and pray, and if there is something including anything LM --to order-- to suggest-- I'm open to anything. Scream at the tops of your lungs that everything is not "orangy clean"... We do need the tourists in LA., MS., AL, and FL

There are many things to do in all of the Gulf Coast States for Tourism in History and Beauty ( I understand I am "pitching in a heatwave") Many locals and tourists are going in the water too-- many are questioning seafood-- safe to eat now?

And what, Triplethreat, does this have to do with Hoodoo and LM and LM Products? Well, That is what I am asking you great people. Many-- I thank daily for your wisdom-- and thanks again!!! This was a short version of the post.
#1606 GA

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Believe? Hope and Pray and Scream

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:22 pm

A Spiritual Church Rite
for the Healing of the Gulf of Mexico
after the BP Oil Spill of 2010.

Create an altar for the place, the people, the animals, the plants. Gather pictures, mementos, whatever helps you focus.

Now, here is where it goes counter to what you probably thought i would suggest. DO NOT USE CANDLES ON THIS ALTAR unless they are made from 100% beeswax. Do not use petroleum based candles on this altar! In fact, i would not use any candles at all.

Place clear glass bowls or glasses of water on the altar -- i was told by Spirit to use seven of them. Glass custard cups or wine glasses will do, as long as they are clean glass with no writing or pictures on them (cut glass is okay). If possible fill them with water from seven sources (spring, river, ocean, rain, well, lake, holy water), but if that is too daunting, use clean spring water and ocean water mixed together.

Set these seven bowls or glasses out in a rainbow arc on the altar. Into each bowl put a small crucifix, while speaking aloud a prayer for relief. The crucifixes may be small or large, as long as getting wet will not hurt them. Pray continually as you do this, and i recommend the 23rd Psalm, and call for help to Jesus Christ.

Pray at this altar for three days for your specific needs in regard to the Gulf waters, the animals, the plants, and the people of the region. On the third day, take the seven bowls or glasses to the ocean and, one by one, empty them in, keeping the crucifixes, symbolically cleansing the ocean, in the name of Jesus Christ, a fisherman, amen.

If you do not live near the Gulf, you may pour the bowls or glasses of water into any live stream of running water, but as you empty each one, first speak aloud your understanding that all waters run to the sea, and all the seas are one, then proceed to the removal of the crucifix, and your prayer for cleansing the ocean, in the name of Jesus Christ, a fisherman, amen.

The seven crucifixes may be gifted to seven friends with instructions for this rite, in the expectation that each of them acquire six more crucifixes and do the same, and thus spread the rite around the world, or the crucifixes may be given to those in need of spiritual help in this time of crisis.

Reverend catherine yronwode
Missionary Independent Spiritual Church
http://missionaryindependent.org
catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:46 pm

This was the best thread I have read in months and is of great value... Thank you for the information shared.

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Miss_Liz

Unread post by Miss_Liz » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:33 pm

That is beautiful, Mrs Cat, and I'd love to participate in that ritual, but I no longer live near the gulf; can I poor the water into the sound up here or would it be worth bottling and mailing to my brother who still does live there?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:25 am

I would like to know a way to work this if one does not live near the Gulf, or even near an ocean.

I've been chanting a mantra sadhana for this cause, and would love to have a beautiful conjure ritual to go along with it. I would also love to be able to share that ritual with my friends, clients, students, and readers of my blog, too (if that is alright with you Miss Cat - please let me know where the credit should go).

Thanks so much for providing this!

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:58 am

Good morning Forum! I wrote this post before I went to sleep and I am just logging in.
Mrs. Cat THANK YOU!!! I will do as you just as you instructed. I knew you would have something wonderful and incredible to help!!!
Special thanks to all Forum Members who have been praying, chanting for this cause, especially too, Devi and Ritual Sound, and Ellis19. I will keep y'all updated from time to time on this thread.
#1606 GA

ShadowyEmbrace

Unread post by ShadowyEmbrace » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:44 am

I've always wondered what would happen if you could get a large number of ppl cordinated to work the same spell at the same time during a crisis?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:56 am

To those who wish to pass this along -- i have updated my post to give proper title, plus an end-credit and a web link. Please copy intact, with my name and web link, and you are free to send it around the world, and ask others to do so as well, retaining the title, rite, and credit-lines. Thanks.

Your other questions have been answered in the revised version above.
catherine yronwode

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:38 pm

Thank you very much, Miss Cat. I will get this distributed right away, and will perform it myself.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:24 pm

Devi thank you for your continued help.

We-- ALL of us ARE BLESSED to have this venue to share, express, and ask for help. I hope Mrs. Cat's Post goes around the world three times! Thank you for your dedication to the environment and to the people in need Mrs. Cat.
May GOD BLESS YOU now and for always.
#1606 GA

niteraptor
Forum Member
Location: a rabbit hole under cemetary hill by the union of 3 roads and 3 rivers

Unread post by niteraptor » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:35 pm

as an anthropologist i can tell you that history states oil spills do not clean up quickly or well, its going to take more then just a few guys in suits to deal with this. it will take a long time and many many hands to clean this up. i pray for the little ones that this has harmed, my kids insist on getting the dawn with the donation label to help out. but this far north i can do little but pray.
maybe together we can start a vigil or a petition to sent to add our voices to those already clamoring for increased action.

the loose wheel squeaking.

ShadoWalker

Unread post by ShadoWalker » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:53 pm

This is a great post! Back on June 27th there was a major outreach on the spiritual level starting with Sallie Ann Glassman, Vodoo Practioners, Hoodoo Workers, Conjueres, Witches, Christians, and several others. They held a Prayer Ceremony in New Orleans, in Minnesota, and I held one here in Toledo, Ohio also. Even though some of us was not on the coast we still held the Prayer and Healing Circle near our closest lakes and bodies of water. We were tired of the mundane people not taking care of the problem. We went before the spirits and asked for forgivness of the devastation that Humans have caused. We lit candles, chanted, drummed, gave offerings, and held our rituals across the entire world in fact on the same day and at the same time, at least as close as possible. We all had great results and confirmations about this. As Miss Cat says all waters are connected and that's what we gathered to do. It's always good to do workings together for such a good working. Everyone just needs to set a date and time that they can agree on and stick to it. The working above is beautiful! Hope it continues forward.

sassafrassblonde

Another Oil Rig Explosion

Unread post by sassafrassblonde » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:20 am

Another oil rig exploded of the Louisian Coast / 80 miles south of Vermilion Bay, LA. at about 10:30 this morning CST. No dead reported as of yet. The rig is owned by Mariner Energy out of Houston.

I'm going to find Ms. Cat's suggestion on the threads here, and start another alter.
I'd appreciate anyone else doing the same. Or at least preayers.
Geez, a hurricane headed for one of my best friends, and now another explosion. Going to be a tough holiday weekend here down south.

Sassy

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator
Re: Another Oil Rig Explosion

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:39 am

Thank you sassafrassblonde. I just found out about this too.
#1606 GA

ShadoWalker

Unread post by ShadoWalker » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:15 am

This is a great post!

As Miss Cat says all waters are connected. It's always good to do workings together for such a good working.

The working above is beautiful! Hope it continues forward.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Healing the Gulf of Mexico: Oil Well & Oil Rig Explosions

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:20 am

I have bundled together all the posts on the topic of spiritually healing the waters of Louisiana, Florida, Alamabama, and Mississippi from the toxic pollution caused by oil well blow-out and oil rig explosion with a title that will be more easily located by those searching the forum.

Keep praying. Don't stop now.
catherine yronwode

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:18 am

I have gone to the oldest Catholic Church in the city and asked the church secretary. She gave me some in a small container, no questions asked. I placed a small offering in the church collection box on my way out and laid some bread at the statue of one of the Saint's feet. They get hungry too. ;)
One of my Catholic friends told me she got hers from the Catholic book store here, so I tried them too. The bottles are small and very inexpensive ( I think they are less than $1.00 )They also sell cards with the Saint's likeness on them, I bought several St. Michael cards and give them away, one remains in my wallet for protection. You can also call The Catholic Charities in your area and ask, they will direct you to a church or Catholic bookstore for what you need. I've always found them to be very nice and helpful. Restores my faith in the kindness of humanity. :)
Member of AIRR
Member of Hoodoo Psychics
Call 1-888-4-HOODOO Ext: 9000

blackcateyes
Forum Member

Unread post by blackcateyes » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:52 am

I know this is going to sound cheesy but I get my mom to do it ....She has a great relationship with a church I used to go to when I was younger ...I don't go any more ... and wouldn't see it as a problem if I did but I have her do it for me anyways..makes her feel special...she actually funny enough went through my old room looking for a container and found an old small palm sized flask that I had received from a friend of mine..ahahahaha how inappropriate and innocently filled it with holy water ...been using it ever since...she just leaves a donation in the poor box when she is done...don't need much...so I'm good with that...

I'm surprised and not surprised that you've had trouble...it's not common that people ask about holy water...actually it's kinda dying out that people even use it in their homes any more...alot of churches have taken out their little holy water dispensers..ours had for a while..and then for some strange reason put it back.
Just a spoon full of honey makes the medicine go down....;)

StarStruck
Forum Member

Re: Share Your Methods for Obtaining Holy Water...

Unread post by StarStruck » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:58 pm

In reference to the original poster's statement about how the blessing is lost upon the sale, i.e., from Lourdes, here's what I did. In lieu of going to a catholic church and asking for the holy water (which I will work up the nerve to do in the future), I searched via google to see where I could get some holy water, found that site, and then thoroughly scoured the site to see what they were actually selling. What we are paying for is the special adorned container designed to hold holy water, not the water itself. The water itself comes from a special spring and is a complementary addition to the bottle that you purchase and does not come "blessed" automatically. You can purchase the bottle and then email them with specific instructions to have the water inside blessed by a priest, and that is a service that they do offer. I don't see how the blessing would be lost in doing it this way-- I plan to re-use this bottle when I go to the church to obtain more holy water in the future.

zombi
Forum Member

Unread post by zombi » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:54 pm

The parish I used to attend is about 30 minutes away from where I live now, but the door to the small chapel to Virgin Mary is always open, day or not. A public font is there, and the parish is happy for people to take water from it at any time. I generally put money in the donation box, light a candle, sit for a bit or pray, and then refill my bottle. I have a very beautiful small glass bottle that houses Holy Water only.

ajohnny
Forum Member

Unread post by ajohnny » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:00 am

There actually are a number of ways in which you could get one. I think that for some religious stores, you can just buy them over the counter while there are other churches and chapels which just give them for free. I wonder though if a normal water blessed or prayed over by a priest or someone of authority will already be considered a holy water.

Tallahsheena
Forum Member

Unread post by Tallahsheena » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:38 pm

My grandmother would just go to her church and get Holy water, they were more than happy to give it out.

My mother travels to Ireland twice a year, so I have her bring me home a bottle of Holy water from one of my favorite Holy Well springs over there. St Gobnait (Govnat/ Deborah) has a well that comes from an ancient tree, and the first time I ever drank from that well, it cured me of warts. So I love that well, and the water, and it also has a strong Pagan feeling to it which suits my belief system.

maduro01
Forum Member

The Impact of Holy Water on Love Spells?

Unread post by maduro01 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:11 pm

What impact does Holy Water have on love spells, whether it is anointing a candle (image or vigil) with Holy Water or simply sitting a burning vigil candle in a dish of Holy Water? Does it enhance positive results from the spellwork?
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator
Re: The Impact of Holy Water on Love Spells?

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:35 pm

Holy Water plus fire don't mix.
#1606 GA

maduro01
Forum Member

Re: The Impact of Holy Water on Love Spells?

Unread post by maduro01 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:18 pm

Miss Tammie Lee wrote:Holy Water plus fire don't mix.

I don't know the reasoning behind your statement, but I gather that means don't do it.
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:54 pm

jwmcclin wrote:To prevent nightmares, you can place a glass of water at your bedside before going to sleep and dispose of it in the morning (in the toilet)

I had to do this for about 2 months straight to rid myself of some horrible night terrors, and it worked great.
Joseph Magnuson

Southernmom
HRCC Student

Unread post by Southernmom » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:18 am

Just jumping in to say that I have done the water by the bed for years and it works great. My eleven year old son also discovered it by accident-he told me that when he keeps water by his bed he doesn't have weird or bad dreams-he discovered it for himself just like I did. It's simple and it works!
Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:51 pm

That is great to hear, Sapientia. It's such a simple idea and it works like a charm. I first read of it in Draja Mickaharic's Spiritual Cleansing: Handbook of Psychic Protection.

Good time to browse the book section, yes? http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html
Joseph Magnuson

lbcamera
Forum Member
Water of Seven Waters Question

Unread post by lbcamera » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:08 pm

During my reading with Miss Cat reading she told me about collecting the water of 7 waters.

Once I collect the 7 waters from 7 different woman from 7 different sacred places

1) How do I make a bottle for each of the woman that have collected the water so we all can share it?

2) Do I mix a part from each individual bottle of water into 1 bottle then give it to my mom to drink from it?

My Best To You
lbcamera
Thank You Saint Anthony

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Baths and Washes in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”