• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:28 am

MISC Hoodoo Heritage Festival Workshops Testimonials

Annual May workshops at MISC, instructing hoodoo, ecumenical religious practices, and folk magic traditions from around the world.

MISC Hoodoo Heritage Festival Workshops Testimonials

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Mon May 09, 2011 10:09 pm

Greetings all!!! I have just returned from beautiful California and a week in Forestville, and wanted to share with many of you, hoping that this share will start you planning for next May.

The first thing I would like to share is an overall Thank You to Miss Cat, Nagasiva, The Entire Church Staff, Members of AIRR, graduates, students, practitioners, deacons, and all -- everyone ... We have a FABULOUS Community!!!!

In the excitement of leading up to the workshops, meeting and greeting with like minded greatness, centralized power in one place...Whatever You think they might be, however great you know they will be... multiply it by 100. Think of you as a child anticipating Disney for the first time, and when you are there it is everything you knew it would be and MORE!!!

The Workshops were GRAND in font 72!!! You go to attend and to learn and share and you walk away with, (especially if you are doing the apprenticeship leading up to the weekend) you go there and you come back a different person. You come back enlightented and refreshed and so full of knowledge you feel like you want to burst!!! You are full!!!

You have an opportunity to meet many individuals who share in what we do, who we are and what we proudly represent. You get a chance to learn from the BEST. You get a chance to sit down and see many of the people who do readings and work for you. You get a chance to fellowship with everyone. You get and you receive a wealth of information.

I have traveled, and I like to travel. I have enjoyed adult trips for ME. This was the best trip ever!!! I came home from a back to back getaway a different person. So something like this can assist you in your journey, please make it a point to be there. You will meet friends, Members of AIRR, of course Nagasiva and Miss Cat and the staff at the church, and you will get a chance to LEARN.

Plan for next May. Make it happen!!! You can do it!!! You have the knowledge and the tools...so see you there ;)
It was a pleasure to be there!!!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Re: Church Workshops Testimonials

Unread postby MissMichaele » Tue May 10, 2011 1:17 pm

Tammie Lee, a great big AMEN to all you said ... and it was a pleasure bunking with you and my other new friends too. I'm going to blog about this wonderful spiritual getaway... as soon as I get hold of my notes on the workshops I attended. Would you believe I left them at the workshops!

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue May 10, 2011 8:03 pm

Both of you -- Tammie Lee and Michaele -- it was wonderful to see you and get to fellowship with you. I really enjoyed the friendship -- and the talk, and the shared prayers. And thank you, Tammie Lee, for being such a true-hearted person and friend.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Wed May 11, 2011 8:23 am

Miss Michaele it was a pleasure bunking with you too!
Thank you Miss Cat, and the friendship is mutual!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Bri » Thu May 12, 2011 4:52 am

It was a fabulous week and weekend as it always is at the church and in Forestville! I loved seeing old friends and making new ones--had a blast with the apprenticeship week and left feeling close to all my co-apprentices. And baby Jasper had an awesome time too!!! Love, love, love, to all who participated!

Blessings,

Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu May 12, 2011 11:14 am

It was so great to see you and Jasper and Momma Hen, Miss Bri! I love all three of you.

You and Momma Hen both completed your third and final week of Apprenticeship and your certificates will be mailed today or tomorrow!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby ONiki Muse » Thu May 12, 2011 12:37 pm

Well Hello my spiritual Family!

I had a wonderful time there with you all. Words can not express the love that I felt there. The workshops were excellent! Both informative and fun! It was a honor to Meet Miss Cat, Nagasiva and Dr. Kioni in person. In addition It was also an honor to meet Mamma Hen, Miss Bri, Dr. E, Miss Michaele, Miss Robin, Sister Robin and allllll the Staff. There were so many there in whom I was honored to meet in person. This was just to name a few. And Tammie My Sunshine with whom I had a lot of fun. U know I love you! I did want to thank all of the instructors that took the time to prepare the excellent lessons that we learned. I really enjoyed them. I am so looking foward to Next Years Workshop and apprenticeship!

For those that could not and did not make it, start planning now for this is a treat that you will love and is worth the investment! I will c U There!

Many Blessings to you All!
Blessing
ONiki Muse
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Thu May 12, 2011 6:20 pm

We love all who helped out at the church and all who attended!!! :)
---Sunshine :)
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sat May 14, 2011 5:54 am

catherineyronwode wrote:It was so great to see you and Jasper and Momma Hen, Miss Bri! I love all three of you.

You and Momma Hen both completed your third and final week of Apprenticeship and your certificates will be mailed today or tomorrow!

We love you too and you were right as was Momma Hen--it was much better to finish up the apprenticeship when Jasper was 2 months old as opposed to waiting next year!
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Momma Hen and Miss Bri

Unread postby octobersky+++ » Mon May 16, 2011 1:00 pm

I want to thank these wonderful woman Momma Hen and Miss Bri.
Miss Bri i want to thank you for the vigil candle you lit for me thanks and thanks so much.
Momma Hen , since your wonderful deed i have felt so much better , it was great and refreshing thanks,it was like i could breath again thanks , you two girl are a great team. keep up the good work and congrats on your accomplishments :D .
octobersky+++

Re: Momma Hen and Miss Bri

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Tue May 17, 2011 9:11 am

So nice to see thanks here for Momma Hen and Miss Bri....it was great to see them at the Church Workshop Weekend! Best of luck to both of them, and thanks for sharing your experience on here!

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Bri » Tue May 17, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi October and Joseph--Joseph, it was such a pleasure to meet you too! I am glad we got to at least put names to faces and hopefully next year there will be more time for chatting :-) October, you are so welcome. Hoodoo really is a family tradition and I feel very honored that I can work alongside my mother.
Blessings to all,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Tue May 17, 2011 5:00 pm

Miss Bri wrote:Joseph, it was such a pleasure to meet you too! I am glad we got to at least put names to faces and hopefully next year there will be more time for chatting :-)
Bri

I agree 100%

Bri, the Crystal Silence League blessing of your son under the tent at the church was AMAZING and PERFECT and felt really good.

Next year will definitely yield more face time and conversation. It was amazing to get to talk, even a little... That dragonfly was wonderful!

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Tue May 17, 2011 10:06 pm

I wish some of the events had be youtubed, not the workshops, but some of the stuff like the blessing rite by the Crystal Silence League. All the more reason to make plans to attend next time around.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Ida Lundin » Wed May 18, 2011 8:21 am

It was a wonderful week, and I'm so happy I got to meet all of you. All my fellow apprentices and off course cat and nagasiva. The church's workshop weekend was amazing. I'm back in Sweden now, very tired, but with lots of supplies and good memories. I hope to be able to make the trip again next year.

Thank you cat for putting this all together for us!

And thanks to everyone participating who made it such a wonderful experience.

/Ida
Miss Ida Lundin

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed May 18, 2011 8:54 pm

Ida, meeting you was a treat, and i do hope you can make it back here next year.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Thu May 19, 2011 8:02 am

Yay Ida!!! It was wonderful meeting you at the workshops! My wife and I had to leave early on Sunday, so we never got to say Goodbye, but please do stay in touch!

-Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Ida Lundin » Sun May 22, 2011 11:15 am

Was a pleasure meeting you too Joseph!
I'm sending you a PM.
/Ida
Miss Ida Lundin

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Sun May 22, 2011 1:28 pm

Meeting Ida, a Joseph and Sara and so many more was an honor and a pleasure.

Ida you are wise, talented, and fun. We learned, we shared, we had a great experience and we all had a wonderful time! Meeting and coming together with so many talented people from around the world was very special. Having a great time and getting the opportunity to get to know friends that we will have for a lifetime is a memory that I will cherish and hold close and dear.
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Dr. E. » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:35 pm

It was a pleasure meeting each and every one of you as well. The church workshops I attended were fantastic, and I really enjoyed giving my own workshop. You guys were great!

The entire weekend was simply magical and I can't wait until next year's event. I already have some ideas in mind for what I'd love to do. Much love and luck and happiness to you all!
Dr. E. - AIRR Member and Graduate of H.R.C.C. #1266G
Dr. E.

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:22 pm

Dr E!!!!!!!!! We loved Your Workshop!!! We can't wait until next year and can't wait to attend!!! It was such a pleasure and an honor to meet You!!!

I can not wait until next May and to learn from You again!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MissMichaele » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:53 pm

I've always loved the MISC Workshops, and this year was just about the best. We were all right in the groove and the power was there for the asking. It was a pleasure bunking with TammieLee, Ida and Emika. Wonderful company, wonderful teaching, and fine down-home cooking too.

Most transformative workshops this year were the Sangoma Bone Reading (taught by Dr. JohnMichael Hilford) and the revival of the Crystal Silence League (as conducted our beloved Rev. Miss Cat).

And speaking of the Crystal Silence League, my amazing daughter is feeling led to start educating and developing her spiritual gifts. I'm pointing her in that direction for a start.

Nostalgic and gleefully expectant,

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:58 am

For all who could not attend over the previous years, we do have available a collection of a complete set of all of the flyers distributed through the Missionary Independent Spiritual Church Workshops, PLUS copies of all of the Lucky Mojo Curio Company's free spell flyers, conveniently collected into one 3-hole punched report cover.

Topics Include: Astrology and Hoodoo, Black Walnut Spell, Bottle Spells, Break Up Spells, Candle Burning Basics, Candle Divination, Candle Thoughts, Container Spells, Cooking with Magical Herbs, Court Case Spells, Cut and Clear Spell, Doll Babies, Doll Babies for Cursing, Foot Washing, Gambling Spells, Grocery Store Magic, How to Use Bath Crystals, How to Use Incense, How to Use Oils, How to Use Sachets, Love Spells, Mirror Boxes, Mojo Bags, Money Spells, Moon Phases, Oil Lamps, Patron Saints, Perfumes and Incenses, Protection Spells, Reading the Bones, Spiritual Cleansing, Tea Leaf Reading, and more.

Authors include: catherine yronwode, Miss Bri, Lara Rivera, Prof. Charles Porterfield, Dr. Dotson, Tanisia Mooney, Sister Robin Conjure, Ms Robin York, Dr. E. 64 pages in Report Cover.

BOO-GRI-MICF
Missionary Independent Workshop Flyers, 2008-2012, 64 pages in Report Cover
$12.00

You can order the booklet of workshop flyers right here in the forum by clicking the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby LongIslandConjure » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:47 pm

I bought the workshop flyers on my last order and the information contained is a steal at $12. Really good stuff.
HRCC Student #1791G
LongIslandConjure

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:13 pm

I have met and made some of the greatest friendships of my life at The Lucky Mojo Workshops. I have great friends that live in Boca, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami Florida-- who have been tight for 20 plus years. I also have several here in the Florida panhandle for the last several years.

I have had the pleasure of meeting new friends, friends for life, at the Lucky Mojo Workshops. I can rattle off names, but many of the Lucky Mojo Forum Mods and members of AIRR are there each May. Many friends that are not yet Mods or Members of AIRR are there, too!
Papa Newt, KAAAST and Vanessa, Miss Joan who is now "working" at Lucky Mojo y'all and who went clear across the country to be there!!! I'm pulling y'all out here on this thread! I look forward to seeing all of you next May, and every May!!!

Y'all is to everyone that has ever attended the Lucky Mojo Workshops: Members of AIRR, Forum Mods, Lucky Mojo Forum Members and of course our Lucky Mojo Fam in Forestville, CA!

I MUST find a way to live bicoastal!!!

See y'all in May 2013 :):):)

PS. Thank you Robin for hundreds of reasons!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Re: MISC Hoodoo Heritage Festival Workshops Testimonials

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:03 pm

I want to thank everyone who came out for the 2013 MISC Hoodoo Heritage Festival Workshops -- we had a great crowd, some great teachings, and were able to bring the church's book publishing projects to a new level of wonerfulness with The Black Folder and The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic, as well as our annual Hoodoo Food! cookbook. Thanks, all!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Naught1usMax1mus » Thu May 08, 2014 12:47 am

Thank you to Cat and the MISC for hosting the Hoodoo Workshops weekend! I was able to go on Saturday and it was such an enriching experience, I learned a lot and it was so wonderful to "put faces to names" on the forum.

I have only a couple of suggestions --

First, the property herbal wildcrafting walk was wonderful, however with everyone (about 100 people) in a herd all going at once was frustrating to those who could not hear. It might be better to stagger people into five or so groups, then create 'stations' of different herbal areas, then provide a walking map and start different groups at different places to make a circuit. Gloves and shears could be positioned at each station, with perhaps a docent from MISC to describe, or even a written sign stating what the herb/flower is.

Secondly, there are portable speakers and microphones (they look like a fanny pack and a bluetooth headset) that would provide amplification at a level that would not bother the neighbors, yet allow everyone to hear more easily.

The festival is such a great experience, the food offered was wonderful. I plan on going next year, and encourage people to go as well!

Mary Thomson
HRCC #1398G
Naught1usMax1mus

Unread postby deaconmillett » Thu May 08, 2014 7:50 am

Since you're a graduate of Miss Cat's course, Mary, you can also do the apprenticeships. Wildcrafting and herbs get covered in depth, in the small group setting. Highly recommended...

And I second you on the food this year -- Awesome! :)

Many blessings,

Deacon Millett
deaconmillett
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MissMichaele » Thu May 08, 2014 11:58 am

Naught1usMax1mus wrote:there are portable speakers and microphones (they look like a fanny pack and a bluetooth headset) that would provide amplification at a level that would not bother the neighbors, yet allow everyone to hear more easily.

This is a brilliant idea -- I believe all the speakers should have them. I wonder how much they would cost and how much trouble they would be to set up.

But anyway, what I meant to say was: all the Hoodoo Heritage Festivals have been wonderful brain-stretchers, but 2014's was the most splendid so far. Such a high-water mark! I'm looking forward to reading the FIVE books we received, most especially Michele Jackson's Bones, Shells and Curios.

I can't believe it'll be at least another year before I see you all again.

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Qadesh » Mon May 19, 2014 6:40 pm

I flew out to Sonoma for a week of R&R and had the great opportunity to attend the two day Hoodoo Festival. It was truly wonderful! I learned a lot, met some great people and gained some weight from all of that good cooking...smile. I also had the wonderful opportunity to get a reading from Madame Patima that weekend and Miss Cat a few days later before I returned to Washington, DC...who I must add was a joy to talk with. A big thanks to the ladies who work in the shop! They saw so much of me as evidenced by my luggage almost not make the weight requirement at the airport. I hope to be able to attend again. Congrats on a great success!
Qadesh

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to Hoodoo Heritage Festival Workshops