Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Setting Candles in a Triangle, Burning Candles in a Trinity

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
dlyr4u

Setting Candles in a Triangle, Burning Candles in a Trinity

Unread post by dlyr4u » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:44 pm

Can 2 or more saint candles be burned at the same time? Like St. Anthony? and St. Michael? and St. Expedite?..can those be burned at the same time next to each other?

Apo

Re: Setting Candles in a Triangle, Burning Candles in a Trinity

Unread post by Apo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:31 pm

Yes they can be. Unless you follow the Lucumi tradition, and then a few saints/Orishas shouldn't be mixed with others, but i don't think that is your case. So feel free to place them along together, after all they live in the same heaven.

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:06 pm

My sweetheart loves me but has some family restrictions. He loves me but I want him to open express that and come to me. So which would be the strongest (maybe even coercive if he cannot muster enough courage) of all these?

I plan to light Essence of Bend-Over but for the love part I'm confused:

Dixie Love, Fire of Love, Come to Me, Love Me , Follow Me Boy, Reconciliation or Return to me. The difference is so thin between all of them I'm unable to figure out. Return to me is also for a friend so i figured it's not exclusively for my love.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:28 pm

I like combining love candles. I love Dixie Love, Love Me, and Come to Me in combination in a triangle, the scent is just delicious. If you need to give it a little bit of an edge add some compelling formula to the mix.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:27 pm

Thanks Bri! So if I've understood correctly I can light all these seperate vigil candles or one reconciliation vigil candle and dress it with a combination of all these oils.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Well yes and no. When I am fixing a vigil light for clients or for myself I usually combine oils, but I choose ONE condition and make that the primary intention of the light.

So, if you want Reconciliation you do a reconciliation vigil light, that is the intention of the light, and you tailor your ingredients to that end, but you can add other oils and powders ontop of that primary layer of reconciliation to give it a little extra oomph.

But if you want reconciliation and you also want the person to stay with you then I would do a reconciliation vigil light and a stay with me vigil light, and you can add a third light, such as return to me. You set them out in the form of a triangle. Does that make sense?

Bri

Mamiwata

Unread post by Mamiwata » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:53 pm

I wouldn't be using Bend Over with other love candles, as it is more often than not used not only to subjugate someone to your will, but to also humiliate them in the process. Literally, making them jump through hoops for you, even at great personal humiliation. All to please you...

I would use Fire of Love with Love Me and Stay With Me on him to make the bond between you stronger, and to make him really faithful and stay.

You want your man so faithful to you, that he'll declare anything for you, and his family shouldn't present a problem. '

But for good measure, work on sweetening them to you too. Its always best to keep on the best side with the family especially if its the mother who seems to be the at the head, because a man who is faithful and good to his mother will be the same to you. The bond between the two is most of the time unshatterable, and you'd be a fool if you thought you could 'separate' the two... Work on whoever is giving the orders from his side and make them sweeeeet to you... This is why the Lord gave us honey jar spells :D

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:31 pm

Thank you Bri! That makes sense! Thank you Mamiwata , I won't try to break him frm family coz he's pretty close to his family...

eagerbeaver88

Unread post by eagerbeaver88 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:21 pm

I've heard its good to light all 3 glass candles in a triangle..but since im doing a break-up on two people and one has also done something on me. could I burn a Break-Up, a Reversing, and an Uncrossing candle?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:30 pm

There are THREE ways of setting lights described in this thread, and this also involves not just vigil lights, but also free-standing candles. Each of these ways is colloquially called "burning candles in a triangle" or "burning candles in a trinity" or "burning a trinity of candles." The three ways are

(A) three candles in a triangular shape, with or without a central non-candle object,

(B) one central candle surrounded by three helper lights arrayed in a triangular shape,

(C) one candle on a triangle of parchment, paper, or cloth.

I was taught that "burning candles in a triangle" means to set each candle on a triangle of paper anointed in the name of the Three Most High names. See the classic book "Legends of Incense, Oil, and Herb Magic" by Lewis de Claremont for illustrated instructions on this method of working.

I was also taught to burn three candles, each different, for a single overall purpose, and that two was called "burning candles in a triangle.".

----

For eagerbeaver88,

The combination of the three candles mentioned above is one that occurs fairly often. I would light the combination of these three candles as follows, with separate prayers for each:

(A) the Reversing comes first, to send back anything done to you

(B) then the Break-up, to break them up;

(C) then the Uncrossing with a prayer to remove any sin you may have committed by trying to break them up.

In any case, you may burn a triplicity or triangle of candles in whatever pattern suits your purposes.

BOO-GRI-LIHO
Legends of Incense, Herb, and Oil Magic by Lewis de Claremont, ed. cat yronwode
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

eagerbeaver88

Unread post by eagerbeaver88 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:04 pm

is it a bad idea to take a set of black glass encased candles you used only for about 30 minutes and had them leftover stored somewhere, and then to use them as a breakup candle?

silverpony
HRCC Student

Unread post by silverpony » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:07 pm

I don't ever reuse spell candles, because they have already been charged and set to working for one thing.

Note that cat has said that you can wash lodestones in whiskey and reuse them, but I am dubious as to whether that applies to something consumable like candles. Were I in your place I wouldn't risk it.

coastwitch

Unread post by coastwitch » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:00 am

Interestingly enough, since Miss Cat mentioned it above, the old book "Legends of Incense, Herb & Oil Magic" by Lewis de Claremont tells exactly how to wrap unlit candles or candles you wish to set aside in an anointed triangle to preserve their vibrations. It is a practical way to save money and to keep them from becoming de-energized.

Now, I know you did not do that with your partially burned black candles, so it may not work for you, but if they were not prepared for a different kind of spell or for a different person, you could try re-dressing them. It may work and it may not, depending on how you prepared them the first time, if at all.
coastwitch

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:24 pm

Would this combination of three candles be good in a triangle if the intention is more attention, a commitment, and allure in a relationship?---

Stay with Me candle

Bewitching candle

Look Me Over candle
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:07 am

how about using some follow me boy if you have no one to "stay" right now? Overall, I think its a good combination.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:36 am

Ok, I have been doing a honey jar using the triangle candle configuration and I have been using a pink couple candle... That is, I have a pimlk couple candle at the 8:00 pm position, a Road Opener orange candle at the 12:00 position, a pink candle at the 4 position and then, a pink candle on top of the honey jar.

I have been using a couple candle in the 8 position but I ran out of them.... What can I use as an alternative?

I do have access to individual figural candles....I can use these instead and just tie them with pink thread, correct?

Would it be effective to just use my and lover's astral candles tied with a red ribbon? Until my order from luckymojo arrives.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:43 pm

Two pink pillar candles that have been designated to stand in for you and your lover could be used or the two astral candles. you could tie them together or just melt them into each other. You could also use to dree standing figural candles--representing you and your lover and move them closer to each other over a series of days until they melt all over each other.

good luck,
Bri

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:03 pm

Thanks Bri.

Thank you very much for the input. I was becoming desperate since I just made my order this week.

I just want to clarify since you suggested two pink pillar candles that pillar candles are way too big for my set-up. So, I am going to assume that you are suggesting using just two small pink candles and that it is up to me to tie them or not.

Thanks.

gingerly88

Unread post by gingerly88 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:04 pm

I ordered 3 fixed vigil candles..Return to Me, Fast Luck, & Intranquil Spirit. Could I light them all at once in order to back each other up or should they be lit seperately. The all have the same target in mind.

gingerly88

Unread post by gingerly88 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Also in reading the posts on intranquil spirit, I was seeing that extra work may need to be done afterwards..would lighting a honey jar in the same room work towards this or should this be used AFTER the lover has returned?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:39 pm

I would light the honey jar now. Since honey jars take a while to work. In addition, why do you need ALL 3 candles. Fast luck in terms of reconcilation is most likely going to fail depending upon the circumstances. I would leave that out. Return to me is okay to do and is reinforcing the intranquil spirit. Leave out the fast luck...I dont see it being helpful and I know you want to rush stuff but like it has been said you cant rush these things sometimes. Not to mention there is really no point in rushing the intranquil spirit. If anything you should do a love me candle after they are responsive to the work or you can work a love me light on the honey jar.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:27 pm

If you get a third candle other than Fast Luck, consider placing them in a triangle around your honey jar as you burn. This usually reinforces and energizes the work with particular vibrations. The triangle formation can contain and direct energy really well. Consider burning your honey jar in the middle with Return to Me, Reconciliation, and Come to Me, or you can toss a Healing one to heal all hurts.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:31 pm

I am working on a few issues involving a relationship...

I have an uncrossing candle, fixed

I also have a reversing candle.

would these conflict if I also had a third candle working -- something to bring love to me? I'm wondering if uncrossing and love would just cancel each other out...

Would they conflict if the third candle was to cross another person?

I'm just trying to figure out the order of what to do when... I mean, for the ones I burn at home, when I have them set at the Missionary Independent Church they are GREAT at advising me.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:42 pm

Uncrossing is to remove any jinxes, spell work or just negative vibes from you and your environment. (I would burn this first) Follow with Love me which is a drawing spell. Do you have protection in place or working as you do these spells?

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:51 pm

I don't have anything right now, though I did just finish a protection candle. I have the 13 herb bath which I plan to use. I have reversing candles- shld I do those at same time as uncrossing? Shld I just dress a white candle meantime for protection? So many questions....

What about jinx work to others- I'm thinking uncrossing/ reversing shld be done separately than breakup and love work but I've also heard you can vary times of day....

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:01 pm

13 herb is not for protection, it is for cleansing similar to the uncrossing candle work; you sound like me sometimes so much to do...I need focus...and that is what you need. A reading will help you to decide on what to do first and in what order. But if you talked with LM; you probably have a good idea where to start.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:11 pm

You simply need to keep your intentions clear, separated, and manage your spellwork. This can be done by times of day, days of the week, or any other method of organization you feel like using. Its like baking, dont mix your ingredients, keep your space clear so you don't accidently spill something in the wrong batter, keep your mind focused so you don't burn anything, and make sure to manage your time ;-).
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:54 am

Great advice, ConjureMan!

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:17 am

THANKS!

hello

Unread post by hello » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:03 pm

Is it okay to burn an uncrossing candle and a reversing candle side by side at the same time?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:17 pm

Yes i am assuming you are uncrossing yourself, and reversing back the effects to the person or for what happened. So yes that is completely fine.

Since this thread is about burning candles in a triangle, I would add a Jinx Killer candle.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:30 pm

Yes, that is fine. Hopefully the candles are part of a larger work - such as cleansing baths, etc. :)
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:38 pm

I agree with the previous posters; you definitely should follow with appropriate cleansing.

hello

Unread post by hello » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:49 am

yep i have following baths afterward and other stuff up my sleeve, haha :)
thanks for the replies.

hello

Unread post by hello » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:56 am

OOOOOH i have another question...yea

i have never consecutively burned any type of candle for a number of days or at least not burned any that were considered to be "dark work"

Since this is kind of dark work (the reversing part) am i supposed to cleanse my house EVERY TIME after i'm done lighting it? or just AFTER i'm done with the WHOLE candle?

same goes for protection....I have fiery protection incense and oil, would that be okay to use BEFORE lighting the candles as protection for myself?

jacqui

Unread post by jacqui » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:40 pm

Can anyone help me with this?

Why would someone burn the black cat and crossing and road opener candles together in a triangle?

Jacqui 8-)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:42 pm

jacqui --

Few folks would burn that threesome together --

Black Cat is for gambling luck,

http://luckymojo.com/products-black-cat.html

Crossing is to harm someone,

http://luckymojo.com/products-crossing.html

and Road Opener is to remove blockages.

http://luckymojo.com/products-road-opener.html

Read about them on their own pages.

On the other hand, maybe the person had very little altar space and was working on three different situations, and just clustered the candles together. People do that too, without actually intending to burn the lights "in a triangle."
catherine yronwode

jacqui

Unread post by jacqui » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:46 pm

thank you catherine

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:01 pm

I'm about to burn 3 candles together. A road opener, Reconciliation, and a Return to me candle. does it matter which candle is at the point of the triangle and does it matter which of the other 2 candles go? Also should I light the candle going clockwise?

Thanks.
Ask, Believe, Receive!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:12 pm

I like placing Road opener at the top (point if using triangle); than I would place the Return to Me to the Right and Reconciliation to the left. Light the Road opener first, next, Return to Me and Reconciliation; clockwise. That's my take, but others may differ. Remember workers work differently.

I am moving this post to ritual candle discussions, because you are specifically asking a question about a candle ritual.

Good Luck in your work Tabbylove17!

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:56 pm

O, well thank you I think I will do that. I was not sure which side I wanted the return to me or the reconciliation, so I had to ask. Thanks for moving the post.

One more question? Should I put a picture of us in the center of the triangle? You know what? I think I will.

Thanks for your thoughts.
:mrgreen:
Ask, Believe, Receive!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:03 pm

You can place the picture in the center, but I would place it on or under the reconcilation candle.

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:16 pm

jwmcclin wrote:You can place the picture in the center, but I would place it on or under the reconcilation candle.
I will make sure to do just that.

Thanks.
Ask, Believe, Receive!

miziluvhoodoo

Unread post by miziluvhoodoo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:05 pm

Hello! I need some helpful advice. I read on here about setting candles in a triangular shape. I usually just use a pink & red vigil candle side by side dressed with LM FMB & Love Me oil. I've been doing this since me & my bf have been together and our relationship is going great. :D But now I want to try something different. My question is, if I use a third candle what would be the best color to use? Also, what type of oil would be best to dress it with?

Thank you!

PS: I want to order a bottle of LM Stay With Me oil & I would like to know, what type of scent does this oil have?
Faith is the key to successful magic.

corazon

Unread post by corazon » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:32 pm

I think using Venus oil on the third candle would be a nice touch!

Or, you could anoint a third candle with a few drops of your zodiac oil and a few drops of your boyfriend's zodiac oil. Either pink, red, or white would work good.

I'd also put some sachet powder in the lines between the triangle leading to each candle. Maybe a picture of you two in the middle.

Good luck!

miziluvhoodoo

Unread post by miziluvhoodoo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:23 pm

Well, can I just put a picture of him in the middle or does it have to be both of us? I don't have a picture of me and him together yet.
Faith is the key to successful magic.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:53 am

If you don't have a picture of the two of you together, i advise you to make one by gluing two pictures together -- or use your computer to composite the images via software such as Photoshop.

Burning candles in triangles, or in squares, or in a circle are methods used to accomplish certain ends. They are not inherently more powerful in and of themselves, but they are valuable insofar as they enable the practitioner to utilize a certain form of work, such as encircling someone or establishing a space within which symbolic actions will take place as part of the spell work.
catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:54 am

catherineyronwode wrote: Burning candles in triangles, or in squares, or in a circle are methods used to accomplish certain ends. They are not inherently more powerful in and of themselves, but they are valuable insofar as they enable the practitioner to utilize a certain form of work, such as encircling someone or establishing a space within which symbolic actions will take place as part of the spell work.

Thank you for that paragraph. I found it helpful!

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Thanks starsinthesky7...

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Yes, you can burn 2 or more saint candles at the same time.

Mary

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:19 pm

You are welcome--good luck with your work!
Bri

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:35 am

Dear hello --

Reversing is not exactly "dark" work, because the person named gets back whatever they sent, including good.

If you chose a third candle that is not Jinx Killer, I would suggest that a Blessing Candle is one way to add the blessings you might want. That is, light three candles -- Uncrossing, Reversing, and Blessing -- in triangle form.

Or go with the earlier suggestion of Uncrossing, Reversing, and Jinx Killer.
Good luck.
catherine yronwode

euphemia

Unread post by euphemia » Wed May 09, 2012 12:00 am

How do you determine whether to set your candles in a triangular shape or ... some other shape? And, do you need to choose a shape? (From my forays into any candle magic, I usually set them in a line, "left to right" like how we read.)

If you do a triangle one, is there a first, second, and third candle? Like...an order?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:47 am

I set it in the triangular shape because it helps direct the energy. If you are doing it in the triangular shape I was taught to draw something you light things in a clockwise fashion. I Dont think there is a particular order though.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed May 09, 2012 11:32 am

euphemia wrote:How do you determine whether to set your candles in a triangular shape or ... some other shape? And, do you need to choose a shape? (From my forays into any candle magic, I usually set them in a line, "left to right" like how we read.)

If you do a triangle one, is there a first, second, and third candle? Like...an order?

I am unable to properly answer these questions for you as every single worker is going to have a different answer for those! :) I hope you find yours!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

euphemia

Unread post by euphemia » Thu May 10, 2012 12:32 am

starsinthesky7 wrote:I set it in the triangular shape because it helps direct the energy. If you are doing it in the triangular shape I was taught to draw something you light things in a clockwise fashion. I Dont think there is a particular order though.
Joseph Magnuson wrote:I am unable to properly answer these questions for you as every single worker is going to have a different answer for those! :) I hope you find yours!
Okay, neat. Thanks for the responses. :)

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:16 pm

I personally would NEVER want to reuse a candle unless I am doing the same spell through a couple of days, you know like if you lit it and because you won't be home so you snuff it out then relight it when you get back home. To use a candle for "Bob" then turn around to use it for "Jim" is a no no to me. Use it all!

Rookie2conjure

Unread post by Rookie2conjure » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:26 pm

I apologize in advance, I did not know where to post this at. Please feel free to move it.

I have 3-vigis candles, that I wish to light tonight (Saturday). Here are as follows:

Clarity vigil fixed by LM
Uncrossing vigil fixed by LM
Stop Gossip vigil by LM

Can I light these candles in a triangle? If so, in which way?

Thanks is advance :)
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:40 pm

what is the goal of your work? Typically, I use four candles with the main candle in the middle. So for example if I wanted to get a job. I would have the steady work candle in the middle of the triangle. The actual triangle would be made up of candles to add to the intentions of the work. So I may add an I can, you can't candle, crown of success, and road opener for example.

And the actual pattern or order of the candles in the triangle does not matter.

Rookie2conjure

Unread post by Rookie2conjure » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:51 pm

My triangle of candles:

The Uncrossing Vigil is for my enemies.
The Clarity Vigil is for myself to help me see things clearly and
The Stop Gossip Vigil is for people who gossip ill of me.

On the Stop Gossip vigil and on the Uncrossing vigil it says to "set the lights with my name paper beneath, face up", does this means what is says ... MY NAME PAPER, FACE UP ?

On the clarity, it'll be for me, to have clarity on what I do. What should place beneath the vigil? It says to " set out an open glass of water and place photos of individuals nearby" Well this vigil is for me, to see clarity, not for someone in particular who i want truth from.

Thoughts?

Thank YOU!
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”