Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

7-Knob Candle (Red-White-Green-Black) Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
cabriellenil

Unread post by cabriellenil » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:04 am

I have a question the 7 knob candle. If I'm burning it for employment, should I use a green one or a white one? Many thanks.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: 7-Knob Candles

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:32 am

Hi,

For employment I would use a green 7 knob candle as the color is appropriate for drawing money and attracting the potential employer's attention to you.

Good luck!
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:02 am

You can use the green 7-Knob candle -- either for the same money-drawing wish to be repeated on 7 days, or for 7 different money-drawing wishes.

In your case, i would arrange for job interviews on 7 days. They do not need to be successive days -- that is, you can skip the weekends or any days you choose to skip -- but you will want to pre-set the order of the appointment days and thus the order of the companies you will be seeing. If you are applying by email, phone, or web interface, simply do one every day. In addition to employing the 7-Knob candle, you may also wish to dress 7 copies of your resume with Steady Work powders, and lay them under the candle. Use an overturned baking pan or some such protective device to keep melting wax from staining the papers.

Inscribe each of the 7 company names / interviewer names / HR manager names on a different knob, along with the simple petition, "Hire me!" on each knob. Start with the earliest interview date on top, and proceed downward. It is best if you have 7 interviews lined up before you start, one for each knob of the candle.

Burn each knob early in the morning before going to that day's job interview. Say your prayers as you do so. Pinch out the wick and take the resume for that company with you when you go out for the interview.

If you have someone in the home to keep the light for you, it is even more effective if the knob is lit just before you are about to meet the interviewer, and kept burning until that knob is finished. If you have several interviews on one day, you will need someone to stay at home and set the knobs alight for you at the proper hours that correspond with the interview times.

If you get hired along the way -- say, at day #4 or knob #4 -- then gratefully state your thank-yous and release the unused portion of the candle in running water or at a crossroads with the prayer for others who still search for jobs, like this, "With the help and grace of God, [and/or any spirit you have petitioned], i have been hired at [name of company]! May those who wander and have not yet found a job soon be hired at [company #5, #6, or #7] and enjoy the same happiness that i enjoy today! I ask this in Jesus' name, Amen."

In this way, the work that you put into consecrating all 7 knobs is not wasted, but is freely given to others that they too may enjoy the success that you have found.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:19 pm

Hi cat,

When you say that you can use the candle for 7 different money-drawing wishes does that mean that you can use it in such a way that if you have 7 different areas of your life where you make money--say a day job, art work, writing, magic etc... you could inscribe each knob with one of those activities thereby increasing the propserity that each activity brings in?

Thanks,
Bri

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:11 pm

Yes, that is one way.

Or, you might have a bunch of irons in the fire, covering such things as money from a full-time job, money from an inheritance, money from a part-time job, money from the lottery, money from investments, money from the repayment of a loan that is owed to you, and money from sports bets.

Or you might want money every day of the week through tips you expect to receive while working as a waitress: Monday tips, Tuesday tips, Wednesday tips, and so forth for every day of the week.
catherine yronwode

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Thanks miss cat :)
That was super helpful.
Bri

j82

Unread post by j82 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:40 pm

I have a question about seven knob candles and candles in general. I have a seven knob ( red ) burning to draw love. When i light it it sometimes pops or as the know burns the flame will pop or make like a sizzle sound. Iv heard that means a spirit is trying to communicate or is pleading your case.. Is this the general idea, im not sure what its pleading or how to really interpretate it. Any advise would be great.. thank!!

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:09 am

j82

Well. that could be a possibility, but you should look at the shape your candle is making. Free standing candles, usually make shapes and those shapes give information. My candles "pop" due to my love of herbs, so I never think it is a spirit. Sometimes candles pop due to physical reasons. Such as drafts, herbs, oils, etc. Once the physical reasons have been eliminated, then I pay more attention to the wax.

Mary

j82

Unread post by j82 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:04 pm

I did not add herbs.. hmm physical look well the wax is melting primarily down the front of the candle ( the way i face it). lots of meltingl ike a wax water fall lol. one distinct image looks like a person holding onto something cant really make out what person is on their side wih a arm reaching from the body up to the face. thats all that i really see.

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:49 pm

j82

That sounds pretty good and someone is "reaching" for you. Are you trying to get an ex back? 'Cause that sounds like an ex trying to get into your good graces.

Mary

j82

Unread post by j82 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:30 am

Kinda we never dated it was a person who was interested in me and I them. WE been talking since augest. they go to college a little distance so we did not talk afew months. We started taking in Jan again and got into afight, they told me to leave them a lone thats te last we spoke. SO i lit the candle for that.

J Simulcik

Unread post by J Simulcik » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:28 am

Sounds to me like they would like the relationship to continue to develop. (at least subconsciously, if not consciously) Maybe do a honey jar and attempt contacting them, at least.

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:37 pm

j82

So the image in your candle makes sense, they are sad about the misunderstanding. I agree about the honey jar. I would do a honey jar and pay special attention to the candle.

Mary

Anathema

Seven Day Candle

Unread post by Anathema » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:33 pm

Just a quick question: if I'm burning a seven knob candle, does it have to be burned for seven consecutive days, or is it okay to skip days as long as it is burned for seven days in total?

Thanks in advance.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Seven Day Candle

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:29 am

Hi there,
I burn my seven knob candles for seven days in a row and I do not skip days--that's what I would suggest.

take care,
Bri

CAN-FIG-7BLA
7 Knob Wishing Candle, Black
$5.25

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Lukianos

Unread post by Lukianos » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi Anathema,

If you are working a spell that is designed to be worked on 7 consecutive days, then you would burn sections of your candle on each of those days -- 1 knob of the 7-knob candle, pinching or snuffing it out at the end of each section.

If you know in advance that, for whatever reason, you can't burn candle sections on consecutive days, and if the job at hand is amenable (ie: flexible timeframe, not an emergency working, etc.), then design your work so that you burn a section of the candle on a regular basis--every other day(MWFSunTRSat), or 3 times week (MWF-MWF-M, for example), or even once a week on a specific day. You should also give the job some regular amount of attention (15 minutes a day, for example, of focused prayer or meditation) on days when you don't burn a full section of the candle. This regular, ongoing attention to the work is of central importance for a multi-day spell, regardless of what style of candle you choose.

Conversely, I would *not* recommend haphazardly burning candle sections "whenever you remember to" for any multi-day job. Better to stick to shorter spells if that's your situation.

J Simulcik

Unread post by J Simulcik » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:26 pm

Absolutely. This is one of the primary considerations that goes into the decision of whether to do a certain job or not. You are allotting time, energy, and probably money for a given period of time. If it's not worth it to you to create this time and focus, then it's probably something that can be addressed by mundane means.

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:33 pm

I would not skip days on a knob candle. The spell is about burning it for seven consecutive days.

Mary

Lukianos

Unread post by Lukianos » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi Sharona22,

Bri provides a nice overview of the variation in manufacturing of glass-enclosed candles. Indeed, many glass-enclosed candles are referred to as 7-day _style_ candles as opposed to 7-day candles. Some glass-encased candles will take 7 days to burn straight through--But I've found a that a more common lifespan is a little more than 5 days (burning continuously).

Given the length of time it takes a section of a glass-enclosed candle to burn, I tend to reserve them for continuously burning applications, although as Bri pointed out, one can mark the glass into sections and burn them that way.
But more often, if I plan to burn a candle in sections as part of a spell, I will use free-standing altar or figural candles, sometimes marking off the sections with pins (when the pin falls, that section is done, and the candle can be snuffed out until the next day).

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:37 am

They use the pin thing in magick too it works I use 7 day glass encased for continuos burn as not to take chance of error and this works for me I will keep note though I will be burning 7 over the next 2 months

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:05 pm

My reference was more on the skipping days than the actual length of time of the candle. If you cannot burn a seven knob candle for seven days consistently than a glass one is better for you, in my view.

Amanda

7 knob candle

Unread post by Amanda » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:01 pm

Approximately, how long does it take for one knob to burn down? Thanks in advance!

j82

Re: 7 knob candle

Unread post by j82 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:36 pm

I dont know exactly but i know it seems to take mine about 2-3 hours to burn down.

Amanda

Re: 7 knob candle

Unread post by Amanda » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:37 am

Thanks - that helps me with my planning.

path2success

7 knob money candle spell help?

Unread post by path2success » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:15 am

Is there a simple spell that i can jsut anoint a 7 know candle with money drawing oil and state the exact amount I need. I need a simple spell as I'm not so much interested in getting more money. I just need a significant amount to complete my reconciliation work (to buy all the required products). I don't have much spiritual energy for this as I only desire my love every moment of the day but I need cash to keep my work going as I'm not able to manage it n my salary.

theusurper

Re: 7 knob money candle spell help?

Unread post by theusurper » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:08 am

Saint Expedite can help you. just ask him what you need and when he answered you have to pay him with fresh flowers, slice of pound cake and a red glass candle. believe me he is very good.

theusurper

Re: 7 knob money candle spell help?

Unread post by theusurper » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:10 am

Saint Expedite can help you. just ask him what you need and when he answered you have to pay him with fresh flowers, slice of pound cake and a red glass candle. believe me he is very good.

DaSkokieOkie

Knob candles

Unread post by DaSkokieOkie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:57 pm

Hi!

I have looked for an answer before asking, but I haven't been able to see anything in the forums so far... I suppose it's possible it's just such an easy problem, maybe I missed it in Candle Burning 101. :lol:

Does anyone know how to deal with knob candles when they are burned halfway and fill with wax and start to shrink down toward their next knob and absolutely spill over like crazy. I have combated this in the past by forming the wax inward toward the candle, but I worry about tampering with the wax drips and rubbing off the oil and powders.

Should I just leave it to spill as it will, or keep doing as I have to keep it neat?

Thanx in advance!

JJ

Literarylioness

Re: Knob candles

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:03 pm

DaSkokieOkie

Let the candle spill and just burn from knob to knob.

Mary

DaSkokieOkie

Unread post by DaSkokieOkie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:01 am

Literarylioness

Hello. Thank you for the reply. Just a further question: If there is a great chunk of wax from the knob above, and the candle is already plugging away into the next knob, same concept? Just let it go?

Thanx again.

JJ

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:46 am

That happened with me. The flame got very tall and the second knob started melting from within and there was a wax puddle left. Not sure how to interpret it. Since it melted fast and left a wax puddle not a good sign but the flame was very bright and strong which is a a good sign and it folded outwards again a good sign :?

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:46 am

I burn candles in a dish of water and add sea salt or bath crystals to the water. It's safer, less messy, and the salt or bath crystals enhance the spell.

CAN-FIG-7RED
7 Knob Wishing Candle, RED
$5.25

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

DaSkokieOkie

Unread post by DaSkokieOkie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:44 am

Well, I'm not afraid of it setting anything on fire. When instructions say "Burn a knob a day", I take it to mean, burn the knob. So it occurred to me, that since my experience with these candles has always been they need 'tending', maybe that focus is what's needed in the working. So when I start reading here that interpreting wax can be part of the work, my feeling is I shouldn't mess with it... But if I don't, it turns into a gooey mess. :lol:

JJ

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:30 pm

DaSkokieOkie

It just depends. If you do a lot of candle divination or if you rely heavily on it, then you are right, you don't want to mess with the wax, but if you don't or if you are willing to forgo a clean divination in order to get your light to burn more effectively then you can mess with it. I burn a lot of vigil lights for clients and I also do candle divination, when I am burning a vigil light if it is going out, or if I need to insert a new wick to get it to burn, etc, I will do that. I note it on my report and provide possible interpretations, but I "mess" with candles all the time to get them going the way I want them going.

good luck,
Bri

DaSkokieOkie

Unread post by DaSkokieOkie » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:53 am

Bri, I had to think about that, but burning for the function, or for divination, or both... I think I may be the sort that just focuses on the work. Still, even messing with the candle I could still see patterns in the wax. Three hearts, a moon... and I'm not certain how to take reading wax sometimes. Drips mean tears, but I have one candle that has burned to drips and the puddle beneath 5 of the drips formed each into it's own heart. :roll:

Thank you for that perspective. I think I know how I will read things for myself on that from now on.

Thank you to everyone who replied. I'm just a bit slow to respond. Shared computer :/

JJ

Editrix

Unread post by Editrix » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:34 pm

So you have tears coming down but ultimately turning into hearts? Maybe it's an indication that there will be sorrow along the way, but in the end, there will be a loving outcome. Obviously, I'm just hazarding a guess, as I don't know your situation, but if that makes sense as far as where you are, that may be what you're seeing.

Stephanie

DaSkokieOkie

Unread post by DaSkokieOkie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:56 pm

Editrix

*grins*

I'm reminded of a Harry Potter quote... "So, you're going to suffer, but you'll be happy about it."

Seems to be my lot in life. So far it's been like the work in any relationship: Tears make joy more sweet.

Though I must say, I do appreciate the input. I think on things too much sometimes.

Thank you!

JJ

keller

knob candle spell query

Unread post by keller » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:37 am

when doing a spell of this variety after visualising for a substantial period of time what you wish to pass is it ok to leave the candle to burn down to the required mark then return to snuff it out? or do you have to stay with it even if it will take 45 mins?

cabriellenil

Re: knob candle spell query

Unread post by cabriellenil » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:38 pm

i usually do it for 15 minutes

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:52 pm

It realy depends on what you feel comfortable with. If you feel like you need to concentrate and stay with the candle the whole time, then do so. If stating your intention, pouring energy into the work/candle and lighting it takes you five minutes and you feel comfortable with that, then do that. Do what you feel is necessary for the type of work you're doing. I would say, however, that the more effort you put in, the better your results will be,.

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:50 am

keller

I do that with no problems, for myself; for clients, I stay with the candle and chant.

Both are fine.

Mary

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
7 knob candle query

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:00 pm

Question. I have petitioned several times using the seven knob candle each time the candle burns fast and drips through the knobs. Has anyone experienced a clean burn with the 7 knob candle?
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: 7 knob candle query

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:07 pm

I haven't - I actually quit using them because I just couldn't stand the way they burned. But I never got one from LM either - so I can't speak to their particular brand. I would just rather mark a regular candle into sections, personally.

That being said, even the times that I used them and they burned badly, I got very good results. So, I wouldn't worry about it effecting your result at all if it burned weird.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:37 pm

Thanks Devi. I will try the sectioned candle next time for effect...but you are correct, the last one I petitioned burned badly or what I consider badly as it dripped thorough the other knobs but the results were positive.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:53 pm

I got distracted by errands and it burned through a few days! I snuffed it out, but should I wait until the "right" day to relight it, or just let it work as a vigil candle?

CopperFox
Re: left seven-knob candle burning

Unread post by CopperFox » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:00 pm

Just keep working the candle and when you run out of knobs, substitute another properly dressed candle. For example, if you've burned down to 3 knobs, but have 5 days left of spellwork on days 4 & 5 use a 4" or 6" candle on those days. Or, if you have only a 6" or larger candle, you could burn it in sections. Just don't let yourself get caught up in the idea of "oh, I made a mistake..." Keep a positive mindframe, finish your work and wait for it to manifest in good faith.

Michelle
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Thanks so much! Most of the knobs were the same wish, but two were different, so at least I can remember what they were. I never thought to write it down, I carved words on the knobs. THANKS!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:03 pm

I would start over with a new candle. Go ahead and let the one you have burn down, but I would start the spell over with a new candle.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:04 pm

Burn it down in one setting, or burn another knob tomorrow, etc.? Oh I wish those LM products would wend their way to me sooner. :) They are the best!

CopperFox

Unread post by CopperFox » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Devi, I believe I can see the point of your advice. You are of the opinion that because the work was unfocused it would be better to begin anew -- correct?
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:14 pm

That's what I'm getting at, yes. :)

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:26 pm

That makes sense-- especially since I'm not 100% sure which knob is which. So should I continue to burn the candle, i hate to just throw it out, but should I burn it in one go or just knob by knob?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:28 pm

Just let it burn itself out. Bury any remains in the appropriate place. Then just start over again! No worries.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 am

You could do it both ways. But either way i would repeat it and be more focused otherwise you might see so so results. So either way would be fine, but just repeat it and focus on your intentions. I sort of equate this with forgetting to burn a day or missing a days work. Most of the time when people do this its because they are not focused and dedicated to the work. It may still work,but you will get some okay results.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:30 pm

Ive had this happen to me, and I find that each knob burns uneven too. I think its just more annoying than anything and I did like Devi, and just mark the candles.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

emu81684

Unread post by emu81684 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:46 pm

I'm glad to hear that the candle themselves just burn a little funky. It's good to know. But I've found a simple way to help them burn evenly with the knobs, was turning the platter or tray it was on. I don't have a breeze or anything but from some reason when I turn it just a bit, it helps keep the burn not completely even but better. My question though is about the wicks. Have any of you had it hiss more than a usual candle? This is my second 7 knob candle that I've burned for two separate spells (this one is for an attraction kit) and in the first knob it cracked once then nothing until now as it burns through the fourth knob. It hisses and cracks about three or four times rapid fire and then stops for a while before one random spit afterward. The flame is strong and burns high (but still average). I read the bit about the divination, that it's supposed to be a sign from a spirit, but there isn't much else written there. Does anyone else have an opinion on the matter? It would be greatly appreciated.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:44 am

The few 7 knobs that I have burned have all hissed and spit quite a bit more than normal candles.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:23 am

I agree with Devi. Get a jumbo candle and divide it into sections for however many days you want to do your work. The jumbo candles burn much cleaner.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

emu81684

Unread post by emu81684 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:52 pm

Thank you. Much appreciated. :)

sakura

Unread post by sakura » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:03 pm

My question: Is it appropriate to use a black 7-knob candle to wish destruction on a rival?

It seems to say so on the page about the wishing candles, but it seems kind of weird to use a wishing candle for negative intentions. If so, would I simply dress it with crossing oils and powder and write my not-nice wishes on the knobs as I would in a positive spell?

I did a search for this but only the archangels wishing spell came up, but if it's on the forum just direct me to it.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”