Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Altars: Questions and Answers

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Altars: Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:56 pm

Hi, Nelle and Fiachna --

I interpreted the question as being about regional folk-Catholic practices around the world, both within the African-American hoodoo community (where the Catholic religion is a minority) and outside of the hoodoo community, as, for instance, among Italian, Polish, Congolese, German, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Philippine, Caribbean, Irish, Brazilian, Mexican, and other Catholic folk-cultures -- and among North American Catholic descendants of people from those regional Catholic folk-cultures.

I am always seeking to learn new things, and to let people of various religious paths speak for themselves, especially if they can share folklore rather than doctrinal teachings.

And for a look at Catholic, Spiritualist, New Thought, Protestant and other altars within the hoodoo tradition, please see this book:

BOO-FLS-HSAA
Hoodoo Shrines and Altars by Miss Phoenix LeFae
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
http://luckymojo.com/hoodooshrinesandaltars.html
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

pamannmcintyre
HRCC Student

Unread post by pamannmcintyre » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:39 am

Has anyone created a money alter? That is where I keep Mr. Moneybags, gold bills, green candle.
HRCC Student

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:06 pm

pamannmcintyre,

Yes, many of us have made money altars! In fact, one of the great moderators at this forum, Miss Phoenix, wrote two books that include the subject of money altars, and many of the other moderators, myself included, contributed our favourite spells to both books. "Cash Box Conjure" includes all kinds of money spells. "Hoodoo Shrines and Altars" includes all kinds of altars. Where they overlap -- that's where you will find information on multiple money altars! Here you go!

BOO-FLS-HSAA
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

https://luckymojo.com/hoodooshrinesandaltars.html

BOO-GRI-CASH
Cash Box Conjure, by Miss Phoenix LeFae
$9.00

http://luckymojo.com/cashboxconjure.html
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

pamannmcintyre
HRCC Student

Unread post by pamannmcintyre » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:53 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my question so thoroughly. Also thank you for the quick links provided

Happy Winter Solstice
HRCC Student

awhite93
HRCC Student

Unread post by awhite93 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:20 am

Hi all,
I'm curious as to whether any particular cardinal direction is favored for hoodoo work. I know that Catholics and many other churches have altars in the east, but pagans seem to have them everywhere an altar can be put up (in their houses that is) and lots of people will put them up in any direction. Many of the Baptist churches seem also to have the altars in the east. Is this a tradition followed by practitioners? Or is it more of a guideline?
Curious,
Ariana
HRCC Student #2207

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:54 am

awhite93,

Hello and welcome to the forum. I moved your post to this thread since you are asking about altars. Please do not start new topics in the forum. It creates extra work for admin to merge it into the correct thread. If you use the search bar in the upper right corner, you will find we have just about every topic covered. No big deal though, we were all new here at one point!

This question has been asked a few times on this thread and it somewhat depends on what type of altar you are setting up. East is favored but I think some just do what fits, or they may different directions for different spell-casting purposes.Please read through this thread for clarification or run a search in it and you will find several different answers.

You may also want to look into purchasing the book "Hoodoo Shrines and Altars". It will explain much more on the actual tradition and the different types of altar placements.

BOO-FLS-HSA
$9.00

I hope this helps.
HRCC Graduate #2145

awhite93
HRCC Student

Unread post by awhite93 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:01 pm

Thank you!
HRCC Student #2207

Lucky-Mojo-Hoodoo-Rootwork-Hour-Radio-Show.com

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”