Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spell Timing: Planetary influences / Days of the Week

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Spell Timing: Planetary influences / Days of the Week

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:24 pm

Hello, beauty41,

Some people say that anything starting with the letters: "RE" is good to perform during retrograde.

So, REturn to me or REconciliation falls into this category

Take care

EmpoweredbyLove
Forum Member

Unread post by EmpoweredbyLove » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:18 pm

Hello there!

Is it true that the time between two eclipses in "potent" for magic work? We recently had a solar eclipse and there's a lunar eclipse coming up on the 27th/28th. So, both eclipses are happening in the same month. If it is true that it really is a potent time, and since the moon is waxing, is it correct to conclude that this is a good time for doing love magic? Or any type of "growth" work, for that matter?

Thank you!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:49 pm

Hello, EmpoweredbyLove ,

I am sorry but I don't know the answer to that question

You may want to contact a rootworker who practices Astrology (that person is NOT me)

Sorry

beauty41
Forum Member

Unread post by beauty41 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:17 am

Thanks miss Aida! :))

EmpoweredbyLove
Forum Member

Unread post by EmpoweredbyLove » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:00 am

Thank you Miss Aida!

Happyntd
Forum Member

Unread post by Happyntd » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:14 pm

I was planning on doing a spell for my son taking his school entrance exam using Clarity, King Solomon Wisdom, and Crown of Success oils. I was going to do this on a Sunday for success. Found out today that he will be taking the exam this Saturday. Would Wednesday or Thursday be the better day? Part of me says just do it tomorrow but I have a feeling I may be performing a lot of these spells over the next few years so I might as well ask what the 2nd best day for success on an exam would be.

Thank you.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:33 pm

Wednesday is good for writing and communication.
catherine yronwode

Happyntd
Forum Member

Unread post by Happyntd » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:45 pm

Thank you Miss Cat! The essay will be the most difficult part for him so this is good.

ravenmaven
Forum Member

Unread post by ravenmaven » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:40 pm

Is it okay to work an ongoing reconciliation love spell on Tuesday? I was too tired after a thirteen hour shift to do anything but sleep today, and I have some movement and might be having the first talk since my target split with me this Wednesday. I want to do a Follow Me Boy kind of love spell before we talk, to shift things to my favor, but that only leaves tomorrow and Wednesday morning. Is that all right, do you think?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:19 pm

Hello, ravenmaven ,

I always say that if it's an emergency, forget about the moon phases or days of the week. An emergency is an emergency

That's my mindset....

Take care

Luckyyone
Forum Member

Unread post by Luckyyone » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:01 pm

I hope someone can reply by today...
I should've wrote in earlier but anyways, does the supermoon have any strong effects on love spells? Of course tonight is the super moon, bigger than usual, I'm just curious coz I still plan on doing something.

Thx in advance!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:42 pm

Hello, Luckyyone,

I believe I may be too late!

It's a full moon. Work it as you would any full moon. Hopefully, because it's super, it will give your spell a little more power.

Take care

Lovingprincess
Forum Member

Unread post by Lovingprincess » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi, so I really want to do a money drawing spell this week with the money drawing kit I brought. I can't figure out which day is better to start it... I was thinking either this thursday(which is the last day of the waning moon ) or the day after which is Friday (the first day of the new moon which starts at 10:30 pm). So basically I want to know are thursdays or new moons better to perform money spells? Please help thanks :)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:11 pm

Hello, Lovingprincess ,

I personally like to start this type of spell on the Thursday of the waxing moon.

But, it is personal preference. Do what you think is best for you

Wishing you success

take care

Lovingprincess
Forum Member

Unread post by Lovingprincess » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:34 pm

Great idea! Thanks miss Aida :-)

mastersirius678
Forum Member

Unread post by mastersirius678 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:08 pm

Hope this is the right thread for it.

So during one of my private thinking/meditation moments, I thought about how the beliefs of Astrology and synchronicity can come in play with magick and spells. What I was thinking is that magick can manifest itself (regardless of your path), and you can see it in front of eyes, however, Astrology beliefs that all events on Earth are dictated by some sort of planet influence and placement in signs and house, even magick itself, which is ruled by Neptune (spirituality etc), and Pluto (occult etc).

So I was asking myself: "When we do magick, are we influencing some sort of change to the grand scheme of Cosmic Agenda, something that was supposed to happen if no magick was done compared to what happened instead because we used magick to influence that specific event to happen. OR was it also destined by the Cosmic Agenda that we WILL in fact, use magick to make this specific event happen? Is magick outside the influence of the planets and heavenly energy of the Cosmos or was it not?"

We won't know, because once an event has happened, we can't turn time back and redo that event to see if there is a different outcome, unless time travel is invented in the future.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:14 pm

Lucky for us, mastersirius678, we deal in folk magic, not in occult cosmology.

As an astrologer, i was always taught that "the stars impel, they do not compel," and i have leved well by that knwledge. The astrological influences are like tides. You can swim with the tide and make good time with ease, or you can swim against the tide and make poor time with struggle, and if you are not strong, you may sink beneath the waves.

I do not believe in a Cosmic Agenda, so i will leave that speculation to you!
catherine yronwode

mastersirius678
Forum Member

Unread post by mastersirius678 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:25 pm

Mrs Cat:

hmmm, that is another interesting take. Astrology and magick beliefs might not go together sometimes. Different people has different beliefs I guess. Cosmic Agenda belief is something I came up with myself, no one else probably believes in that.

My psychic/astrologer/witchy friend told me that she always cast a natal chart before doing a spell to see the outcome, but she also believes in karma, and when I asked her about Bend Over formulas, she told me that imposing my own will onto others can have serious karmic implications. As much as I believe in her accuracy for many of the readings she did for me, I do not believe her opinion on Bend Over is true, because you guys don't believe that, or anything related with karma. However, she did tell me that she used LM products and they are really great, so I'm guessing she probably don't order the coercive and domination stuff.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:33 pm

mastersirius678 --

Well, as interesting as this is, it is off-topic. We are not here to debate theology, cosmology, philosophy, or eschatology. We are here to teach and to share historical and contemporary knowledge of African American folk magic.

The take on astrology found among most hoodoo practitioners is what is called "Modern Astrology." See my article on "Rootwork for Astrologers" in the book "The Black Folder" for some details about early black root doctors who were astrologers, including Edward Lowe of Chicago and Dr. E. P. Read of Philadelphia.

Onward and upward with the magical arts!
catherine yronwode

mastersirius678
Forum Member

Unread post by mastersirius678 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Right, onward and upward with the magical arts!!

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”