Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

HRCC: Required Purchases for Correspondence Course

How to take cat's Correspondence Course, plus news about Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Workshops, Apprenticeships, and Parties.
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: HRCC: Required Purchases for Correspondence Course

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri May 20, 2016 7:39 am

Hello, ALW,

The content of the CD consists of two parts -- 26 audio tracks of blues music in which mention is made of hoodoo, which is the portion that relates to the course, plus a collection of graphic images suitable for printing out your own candle labels, seals, and decorative petition papers. For that you will also need a printer, but the graphics are not essential to the content of the course.

I have no plans to create digital file sharing for the course. Too many people take that as a license to illegally share or even sell copies of my hard work, or, in this case, the hard wrk of the great team that assembled this beautiful package of hoodoo history and practical spell-assistance.
catherine yronwode

ALW

Unread post by ALW » Fri May 20, 2016 11:32 am

Thank you, Cat. I suspected that may have been the reason for it, but wanted to be certain so I didn't spend money on an external drive if I could've just waited for another format to become available.

Thankfully, I do own a printer and have reviewed the contents of the CD set. I am especially looking forward to viewing those files. Right now I use a roll of brown postal paper that I've cut lengthwise into a series of smaller rolls for writing petitions and have no experience with seals.

SwampOak

Unread post by SwampOak » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:30 am

I have my interview set up with Ms Cat!

I'm very excited about potentially (and FINALLY!) starting the Correspondence Course. :D

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:36 pm

SwampOak

That's wonderful!!!

You will LOVE talking with Miss cat. She is so nice and understanding. She knows that we are nervous and knows how to calm us down. By the time she gets done talking to you, it will feel as if you have known her your whole life.

Take care

SwampOak

Unread post by SwampOak » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:51 am

Thanks for saying that Miss Aida, as I AM nervous! LOLOL I'm really excited though. :D

Michelle

Unread post by Michelle » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:14 pm

You'll do great SwampOak. Miss Aida is spot on. Once you talk to her you will really be excited to get started!

Sherry Lynn

Unread post by Sherry Lynn » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:24 pm

I am getting very close to having all my required items to be eligible for the course. Order #3 was placed 7-31-16; so now I need to plan out the 4th order. (I've also ordered lots more than required, especially the oils, they're so handy to have on hand).

Do you think it would be a good idea to email or call the shop, and see if they had time to check my orders & see if my choices were correct, and what I actually have left to complete the list of items? I want to think I saw this mentioned in the past, but can't find the conversation now. And if so, who would I need to ask for?

I found that you will learn a LOT just trying to choose your items! So many decisions, so much scrolling back & forth LOL. Some really difficult decisions, because they're all so interesting. It's like going down the rabbit hole: I never know where I'll end up, & the next thing I know it's after midnight. Again. :shock:

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:31 pm

Hello, Sherry Lynn,

Since you're calling the shop anyway to ask for the flyer (per your other post), why not ask them abut this too?

You'll kill 2 birds with one stone!

Wising you the best with the course. You will LOVE it!!

Madam Sol

Unread post by Madam Sol » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:23 pm

Hello everyone I have enjoyed receiving calls from so many customers about Miss cats course. I will say this if you are interested please feel free to call Missionary Independent Spiritual Church after each purchase we are able to update products and do a check off at any time doing business hours. Miss cat loves it when she sees that someone is eager

Shutter

Unread post by Shutter » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:35 pm

I feel incredibly stupid and apologize in advance for not knowing where to post this, but for the past few months I've wanted to sign up for the course but haven't been able to figure out how to do a checkout. I've sent an agreement to the terms several orders ago...may have gotten overlooked. If someone wouldn't mind pm-ing me or e-mailing me what it is EXACTLY I need to do in order to get in touch with Miss Cat and have you guys see that I've made all the required purchases, I'd really like to get started. Thank you and I'm so sorry again for being lost.
To all the saints and angels thanks for intercession upon my behalf
To all else listen to the mods!

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:46 pm

Hello, Shutter ,

Don't feel stupid! That's a credible question!

You would call the shop. They will connect you to the person in charge of reviewing your purchases and arranging an interview with Miss cat.

That's the process

Wishing you the best with the course. You will LOVE it!

Take care

Shutter

Unread post by Shutter » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:43 am

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!
To all the saints and angels thanks for intercession upon my behalf
To all else listen to the mods!

BTYGEENATION13

Unread post by BTYGEENATION13 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:32 am

Good morning everyone
I have been trying to find the correct email address for the questions that I have about enrollment. I am a Southern California native and I travel to and from NY but I am planning to make NY my permanent residence. Will this disqualify me?

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi BTYGEENATION13,

If I understand your question, you would not be disqualified because of location as the course is conducted remotely. It is a correspondence course, not an in-person one. So you would be fine to enroll.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC #1909G

BTYGEENATION13

Unread post by BTYGEENATION13 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:52 pm

Miss Athena this is great news! I can't wait to get started.

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:09 pm

Hi BTYGEENATION13,

You're going to LOVE the course. Good luck.
HRCC #1909G

amithyzt

Unread post by amithyzt » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:32 am

Yay! My purchases have hit a fairly decent chunk of the necessary materials! I'll definitely be more selective when placing future orders.

I'm glad I read and familiarized myself with the course requirements. This week drove me to the point of wanting to deactivate Facebook. If it wasn't for the pages I admin and feeling an obligation to those groups and friends, it would have been zapped. Now there is yet another reason to hold onto it. I'll use Fiery Wall of Protection before visiting the feed from now on. It really takes it out of me to see peoples' cruelty on social media and has prevented me from engaging to the fullest extent for far too long.

Meanwhile, I can see the supply list is the "bare minimum" of what should be on hand to fully come to know and understand Hoodoo practice. I can't seem to place an order without realizing I'd like ten more items on hand! If anyone is ordering what they need or feel drawn to acquire (rather than what's required for the course) the list shoukdnt be a cause for stumbling at all!

I'm excited to start moving in the direction of the course. It may take more time. I have a long way to go and much I'd like to learn BEFORE I decide to enroll, but the discovery of the Apprencticeship Program for graduates has convinced me not to drag my feet for too long!

Honeybeelight

Unread post by Honeybeelight » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:15 pm

I have a sort of strange question. I'm student # (a really early number, in the 400s, class of 2005). I was looking at the old files I have, and I realized that I did a lot of the homework. I was just waiting to send it in until I had ALL the homework. The two assignments I don't have are the graveyard dirt and the oil. (Actually, I even have the recipe I whipped up for the oil, with the correct herbs, on the third try).

Stuff happened, I cleaned all of my drawers, the herbs and oils went bye-bye, but the homework I'd completed was still sitting in its padded little envelope. I know the rules were different then about enrolling, doing homework, and about failing out (there definitely wasn't a "failing out" back then).

So I'm just curious about the status of any of this. I had thought I hadn't even made the mojo bag, but I had, properly labeled and everything.

If I'd have to start completely from scratch now, that's fine. I'm happy with being a not totally dumb customer. And the copies of Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic and the correspondence course text have been a Godsend.
Thank you, St. Michael, for your protection.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:33 pm

amithyzt --

A drop of Van Van oil in a basin of water is a great help when ridding onself of Evil Facebook Vibes.

-----

Honeybeelight --

You may turn in as much or as little homework as you have completed. Many students go from "failed" to "graduated" in one jump.

However, this is not the right part of the forum to discuss this matter -- you should be a member of the "secret" Forum section for students and graduates! If you are not a member there, please contact my husband, nagasiva yronwode at his Facebook page, and give him your name and student number, and he will fix you up.

I am very glad to hear from you and we will get you back on the road again ASAP.
catherine yronwode

amithyzt

Unread post by amithyzt » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:34 pm

Ms. Cat, I sincerely appreciate the tip! I'll order some right away. Thank you so very much.

ELTURC0

Unread post by ELTURC0 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:04 pm

Miss Cat,
I have a question regarding one of the requirements. If you would please clarify this, I will appreciate it.
My questions is:
Does Fiery Wall of Protection Sachet Powder qualify for the sachet powder for repelling/harming requirement? Please let me know.
Have a great weekend!
Regards.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

ELTURC0 --

Hi, i am often asked that question, and the answer is no. Fiery Wall of Protection is a protective product. It sets a boundary wall. It does not repel and it is not aggressive. Think of it as an electrified fence -- it is quite passive unless someone runs into it, and then they get a shock.

Compare that to aggressively repelling products

These cause harm: Crossing, Destruction, Damnation, DUME, Revenge, and Jinx

This causes people to move: Hot Foot

The ingredients in such products are very different than in Protection or Fiery Wall of Protection. The idea is to get you, the student, to understand the composition of the various types of products, based on what they accomplish.

Hope to see you as a student soon!
catherine yronwode

ELTURC0

Unread post by ELTURC0 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:42 pm

Miss Cat,
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation! It makes a lot of sense. Likewise,I look forward to being your student!
Have a great weekend!
Regards.

RevJames

Unread post by RevJames » Wed May 09, 2018 11:28 am

I'm usually pretty good at finding answers for myself (and others as is evident of my forum activities) but I seem to be hitting a brick wall here!

I contacted and spoke with Yosé, who was very nice and patient with answering my questions, about checking my orders to make sure my past orders, and next order will help to fulfill the requirements for the correspondence course. I was told to email about my situation and received an email back that my orders seem to be under my husbands name (which his name is on the card we use for placing orders however the LM account used was my own, the next order can be placed on a card with my name if absolutely necessary.) and I would receive an email when It was all sorted out (I had asked about a package we received as a 'thank you' for pointing out a copyright thief and if those products counted, to which I was told if there was an invoice and it could be found that It would. If I need to order products of the same type 'love, money, protection oil' then that is fine. I would just like to make sure my next order will meet or exceed the requirements.)

I know the store and the church are very busy which is why I try not to call the shop or church but rather email and I sent one last month thinking maybe my other got lost in the mix, though it has been 2 months since I last received an email.

My husband and I are very eager to set up our interview with Ms Cat and just want to ensure our ducks are in a row. Any suggestions as to how best to proceed without being too spammy with emails or tying up the phone lines at the store/church would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed May 09, 2018 7:29 pm

Ah, Rev James! Thanks for touching base!

I do two course calls per week. You and your husband may share your products except for the glass bottle and red flannel bag -- you will each need one of those for the homework -- and you will each need a course book, but the second (spousal) copy is at a reduced rate.

It is not "spammy" to ask -- and i am very pleased to see your interest.

Yose can handle the matter, but it might be faster to call me directly, due to the complex ordering history. I will probably be at the Church around 4:00 PM on Thursday or Friday. I will be using that office to tag books for Amazon, and will try to pick up. If i don;t answer, someone will, and they will hunt me down somewhere on the property. We'' go through the history and get your ordering histories straightened up.
catherine yronwode

RevJames

Unread post by RevJames » Thu May 10, 2018 9:35 am

Thank you Cat for your speedy response!

About the x2 flannel bag and bottle, I didn't even think about that and that's part of the reason I wanted to speak with someone. Thank you!

I was worried of being a nag! :-P

I know all of you are immensely busy and have various jobs around there so I appreciate you attempting to make time so quickly (as i'm eager to order the new books as well with my next order!) I will do my best to get a call to you today (I realize you'll probably see this after) but if not I definitely will Friday (as my husband will be off work tomorrow for us both to be available.)

Thank you again!
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi, folks!

If you signed up for my Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course from 2003 - 2012, the only "Required Reading" you were given was my book "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic," published in 2002. It is BOO-GRI-HHSC in softcover or BOO-GRI-HHHC in hardcover and it relates to most of the lessons, but specifically to lessons 11 and, and to homeowrk 6.

You were also required to read my online free book, "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice," which has been written and uploaded periodically since 1994.

When you signed up for the course, i might also have sent you whatever free shop flyers i had that touched on specific issues, such as candle work, how to use oils, and so forth.

In 2013 i co-wrote, edited, and published "The Black Folder" -- a collection of all our previous shop flyers, plus the flyers that had been written by graduates of the course for presentation at Hoodoo Heritage Festival workshops from 2008 - 2013. This book was added to the "Required Reading" list for the course. It is BOO-GRI-BKFO and it consists of short articles that relate in one way or another to most of the lessons.

In 2013, i wrote "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic" -- and this book was added to the "Required Reading" list for the course. It is BOO-GRI-AHCM and it relates to lessons 16, 17, and 43.

In 2015, i wrote "Paper In My Shoe" -- and this book was added to the "Required Reading" list for the course. It is BOO-GRI-PIMS and it relates to lessons 31, 32, and 33, and to homework 5.

In 2018, i wrote "The Art of Making Mojos" -- and this book was added to the "Required Reading" list for the course. It is BOO-GRI-MOJO and it relates to lessons 19 and 46, and to homework 8.

In addition to these "Required Reading" books, my husband and i have published many other books on magic and divination. As the editor of this extensive line of titles that describe and teach many aspects of African-American folk magic, i would like to recommend the following titles. All of these books were written by trusted colleagues who have taken my course, graduated, and moved into professional spiritual practices of their own, and all of the material has been edited by me. The following books are not required reading, but they developed from and relate back to specific lesson-chapters in my course:

• Hoodoo Spiritual Baths by Aura Laforest is BOO-GRI-HSPB -- and it relates to lessons 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7.

• Deliverance by Khai Armand is BOO-GRI-DELI -- and it relates to lessons 9 and 41.

• This Amazing Book by Sunrae Products Company is BOO-BOT-TAMB -- and it relates to lesson 11 and to homework 6.

• Legends of Incense, Herb, and Oil Magic by Lewis de Claremont is BOO-GRI-LIHO -- and it relates to lessons 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 31, and to homework 6.

• Hoodoo Shrines and Altars by Miss Phoenix LeFae is BOO-GRI-HSAA -- and it relates to lessons 16 and 17.

• Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells by Deacon Millett is BOO-GRI-HHSS -- and it relates to lessons 22 and 39.

• Hoodoo Food! by The Ladies Auxiliary of MISC is BOO-GRI-HOFO -- and it relates to lesson 30.

• Cash Box Conjure by Miss Phoenix LeFae is BOO-GRI-CASH -- and it relates to lessons 20 and 40.

• Hoodoo Return and Reconciliation Spells by Deacon Millett is BOO-GRI-HRRS -- and it relates to lessons 38 and 39.

• The Sporting Life by Professor C. D. Porterfield is BOO-GRI-SPOR -- and it relates to lesson 40.

• Cursing and Crossing by Miss Aida is BOO-GRI- CURS -- and it relates to lesson 42.

• Destroying Relationships by Miss Aida is BOO-GRI-DEST -- and it relates to lesson 42.

• Hoodoo Bible Magic by Miss Michaele and Professor C. D. Porterfield is BOO-GRI-HBIM -- and it relates to lesson 44.

• A Deck of Spells by Professor C. D. Porterfield is BOO-GRI-ADOS -- and it relates to lesson 49.

• Throwing the Bones by catherine yronwode is BOO-DIV-BONE -- and it relates to lesson 49.

• Bones, Shells, and Curios by Michele Jackson is BOO-DIV-BSAC -- and it relates to lesson 49.

• Crystal Magic by Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain is BOO-GRI-CRYM -- and it relates to lesson 49.

• Lithomancy by Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain is BOO-DIV-LITH -- and it relates to lesson 49.

To order these books at the best price, look for our "Baker's Dozen Special" on this page

Lucky Mojo Publishing - Baker's Dozen Special Discount
http://www.luckymojo.com/luckymojopubli ... akersdozen
catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Catherine's Correspondence Course and Apprenticeship Program”