Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spells for Cleansing Objects Purchased or Received as Gift

fanta

Making a used purse my own, and other money matters

Unread post by fanta » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:47 am

Like everyone, I've had a lot of ups and downs in my life. But for much of the last decade things have been practically abysmal. I've experienced loss of every kind - health, job, savings, home - and worst of all, I've seen disabling illness and even death destroy the lives of those I love.

Slowly my burden has begun to lift. Gradually I have climbed out from under debt and despair and started to rebuild. I'm lucky to be able to work from home, because chronic ailments limit my stamina. But I have just a few clients and I earn just enough to scrape by.

I'm planning to relaunch myself with a new initiative to build my client base. I've tried in the past without success but I'm feeling more positive about it these days. To that end I'm thinking of fortifying my efforts with Steady Work and Open Road, relying mostly on candles because I can't sit in a tub for bathing.

Mostly what I do now is burn white candles and ask my dear departed mother for intercession, as she has always been my most steadfast supporter. But she's a touchy thing, lol, and I sense her irritation when I do not do enough to help myself. So any suggestions regarding products or spells would be greatly appreciated.

I've also bought a purse, a used one I found at auction that suits my needs. It was cheaper than new, and otherwise it is just right for me, but I'm uncomfortable about putting my money and cards in someone else's wallet. I would be much obliged for any ideas on how I could make it my own and remove any lingering influence from the previous owner. BTW it is fabric so it can be washed...I think.

Many thanks for your help. The best to all!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: Making a used purse my own, and other money matters

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:35 am

I would get some holy water and put in a few drops of ammonia. You should test an unseen part of the fabric first. Then get the towel wet just a little and lightly wipe the wallet down on the outside and the inside. Then you can get some kind of bath crystals such as money stay with me or crown of success to keep your money in your wallet.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

makedonce78
Spells for Cleansing Objects Purchased or Received as Gift

Unread post by makedonce78 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:25 pm

Couldnt find a sub forum where I could post this question. I was wondering if I need to cleanse oils, herbs, incense, powders and such before using. Fixed candles from LM in my eyes dont need smoking, correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Jasmina

Lee Canipe

Re: cleansing supplies from LM when they arrive?

Unread post by Lee Canipe » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:14 pm

No, the folks at Lucky Mojo pray over all their products-- you're getting some good juju! Now if you picked up some supplies from a corner market or something you'd definitely want to clean them off before using. But with Lucky Mojo products you want to hang on to that extra blessing.

Lee Canipe #398 (G)

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:25 pm

Just for the record, the idea of cleansing candles and products is not something commonly done in conjure. While it has become popular in more recent years, its roots is in other Afro-Diasporic traditions. A great many root doctors do not cleanse candles and I have never heard of them cleansing oils, powders, or other products.

While the habit of cleansing candles can be a great one and I certainly won't discourage it, do not consider it necessary--and defintely not necessary in the case of oils and such.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR

makedonce78

Unread post by makedonce78 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:27 am

Awesome! Thanks both of you for a quick response and putting my mind to ease :-) Also, learned something new too :-)

Ginger
Deceased Aunt's jewerls and other things

Unread post by Ginger » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:02 am

My Aunt passed over last month. We were not very close but I asked for some of her things. My Uncle agreed to give me what I wanted and my Sister is sending me her jewels and some other items of hers. Should I smudge these items with sage and is there any other things I should do to these items once I receive them? I am not so sure she wants me to have them since we were never very close. We spoke every week for about a month before she passed.

aura
Forum Moderator
Re: Deceased Aunt's jewerls and other things

Unread post by aura » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:29 am

It wouldn't be a bad idea to smudge them. Sage is a good choice, pine is also good, Tibetan ghost purging incense and camphor are the big guns if you feel there is spirit activity to be put to rest.

You may want to follow up by smoking the pieces in Blessing incense to get them off to a good start.
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:05 am

Hi Ginger,
Aura gave you a great prescription.

When I receive jewelry from someone who is deceased or if I'm handling antique jewelry, I wash the jewelry in a prepared and blessed bath. This includes a bowl of water, eucalyptus for breaking jinxes and Wahoo root for uncrossing and Jinxes. I also place pine needles in the water to break negativity. Pray over the bowl of water containing the jewelry and herbs with the 37th psalm. Then place the bowl with the jewelry in the sun or in a sunny spot in your home. I do this for 3 days.
For yourself, if you're concerned if she wanted you to have it or not, you can do a 13 herb or a jinx breaking 3 ingredient bath.
Here is some info on baths: http://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html
I totally agree with Aura on the blessing incense. You can read about incense here: http://www.luckymojo.com/incense.html
If you are concerned if your Aunt had any feeling about it or if she didn't.
You can always get a reading on the situation at :

http://www.luckymojo.com/readersandrootworkers.org
or go to www.hoodoopsychics.com
Member of AIRR
Member of Hoodoo Psychics
Call 1-888-4-HOODOO Ext: 9000

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:11 pm

Ginger, once you have cleansed and blessed the jewelry, you have a fine addition to (or beginning of!) an ancestor altar.

Good luck,

Miss Michaele

MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MaryBee » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:27 am

Another way that I've found to cleanse jewelry is to bathe them, then dry them off well and put them in the freezer for 3 days. That freezes out anything that can hurt you :)

Mary
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

Naexis
Re: Spells for Cleansing Objects Purchased or Received as Gift

Unread post by Naexis » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:37 am

I bought a few things from a thrift store that I intend to incorporate into my altar setups. I don't have any washes or waters, but I do have some hyssop tea in a spray bottle. If I first wash them with soap and water, then give them a good spritzing and a little prayer, would that be sufficient to remove the old energy?

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:33 pm

Hello, Naexis,

You can use any of these:

Salt water, Florida Water, whiskey, very fine mist spray of ammonia mixed with water.

Hyssop is used more for the forgiveness of sins

take care

MrDuck570

Disposal of Mirror

Unread post by MrDuck570 » Thu May 31, 2018 12:05 pm

I just bought a house with a large (4' x 6') mirror in the basement. There is a negative energy surrounding it. How do I dispose of it? I am thinking about cleansing it with salt water and sage, covering it with a cloth, taking outside to sit in the sun. Someone told me to also smash it and bury it in the back yard... I am concerned about smashing it and then putting it in my back yard.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:25 am

MrDuck570 --

I like your ideas for cleansing the "negative" mirror. I would use Chinese Wash in the salt water, as that is the way i was trained to work. Setting in the sun is good, and also traditional.

I would NOT smash and bury it in my yard, for several reasons.

(1) If it was not spiritually neutralized first, it might contaminate the back yard.

(2) Mechanically, broken glass in your back yard is a hazard and a mess.

(3) If it were spiritually cleaned, it could be re-used or given away intact, which is ecologically a more sound and just solution to the problem. What i mean by this is that if i were to break every dish that had food stuck on it and bury in my back yard, i would not be much of a housekeeper, or much of an earth steward, either.
catherine yronwode

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Cleansing, Health, Healing, and Blessings”