Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Herb and Root Magic Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
taciturnxlove
Re: General Herb and Root Magic Questions and Answers

Unread post by taciturnxlove » Sun May 20, 2018 5:34 am

What is the best way to store the herbs? I have the Love Herbs mixture and currently waiting for some more herbs to arrive in the mail from LM. Are they safe to leave in the original plastic packaging (away from sunlight and heat) or should I get small jars to store them?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun May 20, 2018 8:37 am

taciturnxlove --

Air-tight glass in a closed cupboard is best storage method in my opinion.

For small-quantity herbs i wash out and re-use pleasantly-shaped food containers, but overall, i prefer pint-sized canning jars. I cut the printed labels off the plastic packages and use clear packing tape to "laminate" them to the jars. They fit quite well on the pint jars.

We have a free hand-out sheet on how to preserve herbs that you can request from the shop any time you order. It goes into great detail and will help you a lot.

We also have two other free herb hand-outs -- one on magical herb teas, and one on wildcrafting your own herbs. Just ask for them when you order. Eventually they will be incorporated into our next compilation bookm but for now they are loose sheets for our customers.
catherine yronwode

HidingInSight

Unread post by HidingInSight » Wed May 30, 2018 4:11 am

Hello,

I have a bunch of money drawing herbs roots etc and the Money Drawing Herb Blend from LM that I have bought to make a money drawing oil lamp soon. Since I have so much of the root chips/herbs/seeds/Irish moss etc I was thinking to take a small portion of each ingredient and including a small portion from the Money Drawing Blend and putting it in the food processor to blend it all down so I could use this portion to top off money drawing candles I would make. Is blending them in a blender or food processor sacrilegious?

Thank you!!

HidingInSight

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed May 30, 2018 7:58 pm

HidingInSight --

Mortar and pestle, coffee mill, electric coffee grinder, electric food grinder -- all are just fine. Since hoodoo is not a religion per se, there is nothing in it that is considered "sacrilegious" (a violation or profanation of anything held to be sacred or the stealing of anything consecrated to the service of God) -- except insofar as it violates the rules of your own religion.
catherine yronwode

HidingInSight

Unread post by HidingInSight » Wed May 30, 2018 11:45 pm

Thanks, Catherine. I figured using the word "sacrilegious" was the wrong way to put it. But it is good to get confirmation.

Thanks!! :)

HidingInSight

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”