Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Herb and Root Magic Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
taciturnxlove
Re: General Herb and Root Magic Questions and Answers

Unread post by taciturnxlove » Sun May 20, 2018 5:34 am

What is the best way to store the herbs? I have the Love Herbs mixture and currently waiting for some more herbs to arrive in the mail from LM. Are they safe to leave in the original plastic packaging (away from sunlight and heat) or should I get small jars to store them?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun May 20, 2018 8:37 am

taciturnxlove --

Air-tight glass in a closed cupboard is best storage method in my opinion.

For small-quantity herbs i wash out and re-use pleasantly-shaped food containers, but overall, i prefer pint-sized canning jars. I cut the printed labels off the plastic packages and use clear packing tape to "laminate" them to the jars. They fit quite well on the pint jars.

We have a free hand-out sheet on how to preserve herbs that you can request from the shop any time you order. It goes into great detail and will help you a lot.

We also have two other free herb hand-outs -- one on magical herb teas, and one on wildcrafting your own herbs. Just ask for them when you order. Eventually they will be incorporated into our next compilation bookm but for now they are loose sheets for our customers.
catherine yronwode

HidingInSight

Unread post by HidingInSight » Wed May 30, 2018 4:11 am

Hello,

I have a bunch of money drawing herbs roots etc and the Money Drawing Herb Blend from LM that I have bought to make a money drawing oil lamp soon. Since I have so much of the root chips/herbs/seeds/Irish moss etc I was thinking to take a small portion of each ingredient and including a small portion from the Money Drawing Blend and putting it in the food processor to blend it all down so I could use this portion to top off money drawing candles I would make. Is blending them in a blender or food processor sacrilegious?

Thank you!!

HidingInSight

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed May 30, 2018 7:58 pm

HidingInSight --

Mortar and pestle, coffee mill, electric coffee grinder, electric food grinder -- all are just fine. Since hoodoo is not a religion per se, there is nothing in it that is considered "sacrilegious" (a violation or profanation of anything held to be sacred or the stealing of anything consecrated to the service of God) -- except insofar as it violates the rules of your own religion.
catherine yronwode

HidingInSight

Unread post by HidingInSight » Wed May 30, 2018 11:45 pm

Thanks, Catherine. I figured using the word "sacrilegious" was the wrong way to put it. But it is good to get confirmation.

Thanks!! :)

HidingInSight

queenofspain

Unread post by queenofspain » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:22 pm

Hello all. So new to this. I have made a weak-ish tea using hyssop. My question is this: before performing a spell of some gravity, does one brush the tea UPWARD to cover oneself in protection, or DOWNWARD for some other reason. And after the spell has been set and it's humming along (hopefully), does one brush up or down with the tea and why (for the correct direction.)

Ernie
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Ernie » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:18 pm

queenofspain,

Hyssop is not for protection; it is for cleansing off sin. See Psalms 51, "Purge me with Hyssop, though my sins be scarlet, I shall be whiter than snow." You may also drink Hyssop.

Hyssop is different than Rue, which protects from evil, or Agrimony, which turns back evil.

I am unsure what you mean by "a spell of some gravity," as that could be anything from a healing for someone with a serious illness or a need to keep someone from jail to a revenge spell or even a death spell. So I will just speak plainly. If you were performing a spell of harm, you would not bathe with Hyssop before the spell work, only after, to remove your sin.

You bathe upward to draw in influences and downward to remove conditions. Much more about bathing can be found in Aura Laforest's handy book "Hoodoo Spiritual Baths."
Rev. Ernest, MISC Deacon -- Facebook Fridays! Sweepstakes Admin -- Online Catalogue Team at LMCCo

queenofspain

Unread post by queenofspain » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:40 pm

Thanks so much, Ernie!

peterwilliams623

Unread post by peterwilliams623 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:16 am

Hi everyone, Blessings to all.

I have a question that I can't find the answer to I have searched in "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" and also online. Online, I find conflicting answers.

While taking my dog outside this morning I had found a blue jay feather and was wondering what is it's Hoodoo properties and what is it generally used for. I have heard it said that the blue jay is a trickster and steals items that it finds interesting, I have also heard that it is strong in protection, also heard that it is the "blue bird of happiness" .

I have absoultly no idea how this curio should be used, can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks.
Peter
Thank you St. Jude for prayers answered

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:12 am

peterwilliams623

The Blue Jay was long regarded by Native Americans as a tricker, thief, and clever bird, highly protective of its territory. One early mention of its use in hoodoo comes to us from the folkloric collections of Mary Alicia Owen, a White woman who recounted the beliefs and practices of her family's former slaves in Missouri, who were of mixed African and Native decent.

See "Aunt Mymee's Tricker Bag for Disgrace or Death" in "The Art of Making Mojos," page 52.

In Black culture, the Jay is known for its loud shrieks and the Hawk is known for its bravery -- and in witness to this, we can see the name taken by the R'n'B singer Screamin' Jay Hawkins as a token. His classic song, "I Put a Spell On You" relates the Jay to hoodoo, firmly, decisively, and LOUDLY.

This will clarify matters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kGPhpvqtOc

I am fairly sure that whoever called the tricky, screaming Jay "the blue bird of happiness" had confused the Jay with the Eastern Bluebird, a darling ball of fluff who nests quietly at the outskirts of farmland.
catherine yronwode

peterwilliams623

Unread post by peterwilliams623 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:58 am

Thank you Cat for responding to my inquiry to the Blue Jay feather, I'm sorry it took so long for me to respond.
Peter.
Thank you St. Jude for prayers answered

HidingInSight

Unread post by HidingInSight » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:22 pm

Ok,

I blended into a fine powder for topping candles your Besamim money mixture, Fenugreek, a whole nutmeg, cinnamon chips, blue flag root, alfalfa, sassafras, Irish moss, lodestone gravel, magnetic sand, pyrite gravel, and High John bits and pieces. My goal is to make the best all around money drawing, growing, keeping and winning in any form, more of it.

I am super excited to say that the brown resulting powder is beautifully charged with magnetism to the point that wherever I hold a weak refrigerator magnet to the mason jar, i feel it being pulled.

My question is, are there any other herbs, roots, animal curious that I could add to make it as powerful as possible? This blend is made to go on the candles I make for money winning, drawing, getting, etc.

THANK YOU!!

HidingInSight

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:50 pm

HidingInSight --

That sounds like a great mix. Since our Money Herbs Mix (Besamim Spices) contains several herbs not listed here, you do not need to add them.
catherine yronwode

HidingInSight

Unread post by HidingInSight » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:45 pm

Sigh, this makes me feel so great to know I've made a solid one.

I just now added a whole lodestone and pyrite chunk (both from LM as are all the ingredients)

After a lot of sparks and banging around for a minute, my Vitamix created a beautiful powder which I added to the mix in the mason jar. Now, it definitely has a stronger magnetism AND it has a beautiful gold glisten to it. What a perfect and beautiful product I have made with your products.

THANK YOU! <3

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:03 am

Hello HidingInSight,

It sounds wonderful! Thank you for sharing your experience :)
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”