Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Cardamom Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
elsie

Unread post by elsie » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:28 pm

Hello,
I'm trying to sift through all the available information until my LM books come in. I see that a lot of people use Cardamom seeds in love work for passion, but on the mojocatherbs page, it states Cardamom seeds are "Used in magic spells intended to bring about lust, passion, and love in one not your mate."
I would think that this means if someone used this in a doll baby or honey jar of their boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife (etc.), then it could inspire those wonderful feelings in the target, but it would be for other people and not necessarily the petitioner. Would that be correct?
Thank you for your time and help!

j82

Unread post by j82 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:33 pm

The seeds can be used to draw and make one lucky in love, some people chew them at parties while looking for a mate. Some add them to mojos or herb mixes. I like to use them to add an edge of luck to the love because lets be real getting a good relationship these days takes a kick of luck! Best of luck!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Cardamom Seeds Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:53 pm

Hi, elsie. Nope, i think you have that wrong. Cardamom is used to start new romances, as described by j82. It is also employed by folks who want to have adulterous affairs, to get side-lovers. It is not used to make one's mate fall in love with another party.

If you look at the entirety of the Cardamom Seeds page at herb-magic.com, you will get a fuller picture of the ways Cardamom is employed. In my book, "Hoodoo herb and Root Magic," you will also be able to read about Cardamom's botanical relatives and their uses in magic. Then you will understand why chewing it is so often mentioned, rather than putting it in a doll.

Cardamom Seeds at Herb-Magic.com
http://herb-magic.com/cardamom-seed.html

HER-CAR-SEED
Cardamom Seed
$3.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

elsie
Re: Cardamom Questions and Answers

Unread post by elsie » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:40 pm

I see. Thank you Miss Catherine and j82.
:)

cecila

Unread post by cecila » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:47 pm

Hi,
can cardamom be used to revive the passion between the husband and wife?
thank you

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:52 pm

Hello, Cecila,

Well, it brings good luck in love affairs so the answer, I imagine, is: YES

Read about it here:

www.herb-magic.com/cardamom-seed.html

Take care

cecila

Unread post by cecila » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:55 pm

thank you Miss Aida

Asturias

Unread post by Asturias » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:54 pm

Hello everyone.

Reading up on a post by Miss Cat here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10538&view=unread , she mentions cardamom seeds and it's usage, and I quote: "(...) today a person came to this forum and asked about putting Cardamom Seeds in a doll baby. I was non-plussed. You chew them. Cardamom is in the Ginger family, like Little John to Chew and Grains of Paradise Seeds, all of which are also chewed in hoodoo. The querent had no grasp on the larger context of how hoodoo works, and just wanted to use Cardamom Seeds to stuff a love-doll, working in the European tradition. There's nothing wrong with that, but the topic here is hoodoo, and there are other forums where European and European-American folk magic are the central focus of discussion."

Now. I think I may have found a fundamental flaw in my hoodoo education, because I would have probably said it was ok to use cardamom seeds in that way. Don't take me wrong, I have used the cardamom chewing spell myself, but I wouldn't have felt anything particularly out of place in using it in a doll-baby as well.

I'll learn from my mistakes and won't disconsider the folklorical usage, from now on, but my question is. What if I did use the chewing cardamom spell to influence someone's affections, would it be valid to afterwards use cardamom seed in a doll-baby prepared for the target, mixing it with other love herbs aligned with the intention, thus consolidating a context of spiritual work, or should I always stick to the folklorical usage or traditional prescription alone?

A rather simple question, but one that will serve me as a reference for further understanding on how hoodoo functions.

Please let me know.

Cordially,
Asturias.

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:14 pm

Hello, Asturias,

In the future, if you want me to look at a post, this is what you do:

Go to the post. Click on the name of the post immediately above the person's post. For instance, this on. You would go right over my last post (and under yours) and click on the Cardomom Questions and Answers. What that does is give you the EXACT URL to the post.

So, Miss cat's post that you are referring to would look like this:

southern-spirits-web-site-news-t10538.html#p152657

That way, I don't have to read every single post to find what you are referring to!

I know that it can be used for chewing. I know that it can be mixed with other herbs in a mojo hand. But stuffing a doll with it? Really? That would not be how to stuff a doll. Instead, you would take a lot of other stuff and include some cardomon seeds but stuffing it just with that? That's not the way to make a doll-baby.

Also, I want to say how impressed I am with your research on this forum and your great questions. I like how you think!

Take care

Asturias

Unread post by Asturias » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:30 pm

Dear Miss Aida,

I believe I was unclear. I meant putting cardamom seed into a doll-baby amongst other ingredients. Not alone. I was mostly considering stuffing it with spanish moss, for instance, and additionally include 3 or 7 love herbs, as recommended in Ms. Cat's herb book, including cardamom in the mix.

That url tip was excelent! I did fail to mention that it was the most recent post from the thread. I am so sorry. In my defense, I did quote directly what was ailing me, sort of speak.

Thank you, Miss Aida, for the considerate response and for the kind comments. Ever so graceful. :)

And yes. I try my best. Hoodoo is my passion.

Cordially,
Asturias.

Dr Darensbourg

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:42 am

I am puzzled by this one a little. All of the information available via Lucky mojo for Cardamom points to matters of love/lust however it is also used in the 7herb money blend. Why is this?
The Future is in Your Hands,

Dr. Keith Darensbourg, Ch.D

RevJames

Unread post by RevJames » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:27 pm

Dr Darensbourg -

I think this page explains it - http://www.herbmagic.com/money-herbs-mixture.html

"It is a curious fact that in hoodoo, Besamim spices have been marketed as a Lucky Money Herbs Mix for more than 100 years and have gained the reputation of being a powerful tool for drawing wealth."

The use of the word "curious" tells me [personally] that while this may have some things in it that are not "traditionally" used in hoodoo for money, the blend itself has shown useful in such cases. Never the less I find these herb blends to encompass many possible conditions and situations in the arena for which they are made (ie Money). For instance cardamom might prove beneficial for those that deal in love/lust/erotic trades.

Hope this gives you another helpful point of view!
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148

Dr Darensbourg

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:10 pm

I have read that many times and never really caught that. Thanks for pointing that out RevJames *Two Thumbs Up*

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:47 am

Well,i think you may be reading too much into a simple, common turn of phrase. In using the term "a curious fact" i did not mean to imply that the use of Besamim spices in hoodoo is not "traditional," because by now, after 100 years, it is -- what i meant was that the factual history was a curiosity.

To me, "curious facts" have not much to so with the general topic (electronics, religion, zoology, botany, etc.) nor with the idea of historicity per se. Rather they trade on the unexpectedness of the fact.

Here, let me demonstrate:

Electronics: It is a curious fact that the first computer program was predicted by a woman named Ada Lovelace in a paper she published in 1843.

Religion: It is a curious fact that for Orthodox Jewish religious reasons, Manhattan is encircled by a constantly maintained, continuous string of wire, called an eruv.

Zoology: It is a curious fact that while most male mammals of all species have a baculum or penis bone, male humans do not, yet they call their erections "boners."

Botany: It is a curious fact that the Rutaceae or Citrus family is not named for the best known Citruses, the Orange and Lemon, but instead after an obscure and bitter little herb called Rue.

Now, in context:

Folk Magic: It is a curious fact that in hoodoo, Besamim spices have been marketed as a Lucky Money Herbs Mix for more than 100 years and have gained the reputation of being a powerful tool for drawing wealth.

Love you all! :-)
catherine yronwode

RevJames

Unread post by RevJames » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:37 am

Ahh, I see what you mean!

Thank you for explaining Miss Cat ^_^
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148

Dr Darensbourg

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:33 pm

I like this. Even still adding more light and understanding. Thank you both!

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”