• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 11:14 pm

Master Root Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.

Unread postby Dolmance » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:04 am

Hi,

Does anyone know the botanical name for master root? I can't seem to find any mention of it outside of the Lucky Mojo catalogue, and a search on the other names given on herb-magic.com like masterwort seem to pick up adifferent root altogether (I've seen sites referring to masterwort as alternate names for angelica).

Thanks in advance,
Dom.
Dolmance

Re: Master Root Questions and Answers

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:08 am

You can find the botanical name for master root as well as many other roots, herbs, and curios in miss cat's hoodoo herb and root magic.
It is an excellent, foundational, primary source for hoodoo and conjure work:
(The answer to your question is imperatoria ostruthium)
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby kittynmoon » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:40 pm

The book is wonderful.
kittynmoon

Masterwort Questions and Answers

Unread postby RedBone_Jones_33 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:08 pm

QUESTION 4 CATHERINE: Is the Master Root Edible? Because I've sort of been chewing on it and it tastes very sweet and sugary kind of like these Chinese herbs my acupuncturist used to give me. I think it is improving my circulation, and I haven't felt sick so I don't think it's poisonous. On wikipedia it says Masterwort roots are used medicinally but I don't know exactly how (I'm thinking probably brewed into a tea) so I though I would ask an expert...?
RedBone_Jones_33

Re: Masterwort Questions and Answers

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:25 pm

Masterwort is not "edible" in the sense of being a food, but it is definitely ingested when used medically. It is related to Angelica root and has somewhat similar medical properties. The "Chinese herbs" you are given by your acupuncturist probably include Dong Quai -- a species of Angelica, hence closely related to Masterwort.

I am sorry, but i cannot give specific medical advice here, but you should find information online that indicates the medical uses of Masterwort, including its employment against asthma, upset stomach, menstrual irregularity, colds, and fever. (It's use for alleviating menstrual irregularity is understandable when we consider its botanical similarity to Angelica, which is also used for this purpose.)
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Using Master Root

Unread postby Lord SP » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:27 am

I just recently received my order from Lucky Mojo and I must say I placed my order on Sunday and received my roots today and its only Wednesday.(And I live in NJ)... I'm loving you guys too much right now.

Now I didn't see any answers to my question regarding Master Root,so here goes.

I ordered Master Root pieces and chips since they were temporarily out of the XL Master root that I was looking for. My question is can I use the Master Root chips in the same regards as I would the XL ROOT, because the assignment I was given was to make a master mojo as well as several others that MISS CAT recommended. Ive already made two I have seven more to go.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.I have two more months worth of orders until I can take the class.Thank you again Lucky Mojo you guys are the TRUTH...... :ugeek:
Lord SP

Re: Using Master Root

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:28 am

The chips are perfect for use in mojo hands. You could not use a whole extra large Master Root in a mojo bag anyway -- it's far too big to fit into the bag.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Lord SP » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:47 am

Okay Thanks again Miss Cat.Your wisdom is appreciated... :D
Lord SP

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:17 pm

The Master Root I just picked up for my main altar is about 7 inches long...way too big for any mojo bag! The chips sound fine.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Michael B » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:58 am

I too have a Master Root question....

I already knew that the XL one I ordered (and received) would be too big for a mojo hand, so its intended use is to be an altar piece... BUT, would it diminish it's use to trim pieces off to use in a homemade oil and/or incense ? If no harm is done, I can see myself trimming off some of the base for other nefarious purposes...lol.

Thanks !!
Michael
Thank you Jove, for your blessings and consideration.
Michael B

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:19 am

The roots that I keep as working curios on my altar are just that-and I would no more trim off the ends of a working masteroot curio than I would chisel away at my lodestone-however, if you order an XL master root and do not have it as a working curio on the altar then you can certainly break it apart or trim the edges off however you like.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Michael B » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:57 am

Thanks Miss Bri :-)

I'm in the process of collecting up what I want/need to make a Jack Ball, and the Master Root is to be an ingredient. I suppose the big plan is/was to use a small part of it and then simply keep the remainder (99.9% of it) as an altar piece in the special place I've prepared to keep the finished product. Similarly, not being familiar with John the Conqueror root, I ordered 3 different sizes so that I could choose the one that would be best for the Jack Ball (the XL one is great, but I doubt I want a Jack Ball the size of a tennis ball; it would never fit in a pocket...lol) - of the remaining two,the smallest one will go in the bottle of oil I'm making and the behemoth will join the Master Root as an accompaniment to the High John candle centerpiece.

Hmmm.... food for thought anyway... I'm certainly not going to rush things. Just to be on the safe side though, I've ordered some Master Root chips and pieces - rather than cut from the whole one :-)

Thanks again,
Michael
Thank you Jove, for your blessings and consideration.
Michael B

Unread postby Yoseph » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:13 pm

I'm interested in making a Mojo Bag, and have been working out of the book and consulted the web pages,

My original ingredient list for a Mojo bag came from the HooDoo book "softcover Page 133" re: the Herb, Master root, and all that is recommended.

The problem I kept Having was with the Master Root, the LM Shop offers the Whole Extra Large,root (I didnt want that much nor did I want the powdery Leave).

I couldnt find just the root sticks on the website, so I gave up and found the 9 Herb Bath, and its benefits came close to the what I wanted and gave a little extra, but I needed more info about it, So I thought I can ask before giving up my first Mojo Bag Option - I dont mind investing any amount of money for what I want but I needed to reassure myself a few times and get help. (& the word Doo was meant as HooDoo - & not anything inappropriate, as you might of thought.)

The Master Root I wanted to use is not in small stick form, Does LM have it in small root stick form, because I didnt see it on the website?just the whole large 6" root & the leaf form is all it has?

Its Master of the Woods root pieces I want and cannot find on the LM website, I dont want the 6" whole long root nor the leafy leaves.

Is there something else thats equivalent that comes in root pieces, that i can use.
Yoseph

Unread postby Yoseph » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:16 pm

"Oh, that's, why I couldnt find root pieces for Master of the woods", "there isn't any"
didn't know that!

Y.
Yoseph

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:22 pm

1) We sell broken Master Root pieces. Your mention of "leaves," however, seems to indicate you are confusing Master Root with Master of the Woods. The former is utilized in root form, the latter in the form of leaves. This is the SMALL version of Master Root. You can break them down smaller if you want. They will snap in your hands. You may purchase a packet right here in the forum by clicking the blue Add To Cart buttons:

HER-MAT-RTPC
Master Root, Pieces
$3.50

2) Here is the WHOLE Master Root, definitely too large to place in a mojo bag. :

BOT-MAS-WRXL
Master Root, Whole Root, Extra large
$8.50

3) Master of the Woods does not have "root pieces." The roots are wirey and fibery. The LEAVES are the part that are used.

HER-MAS-HERB
Master of the Woods Herb
$3.50

Good Luck.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Cutting the roots in half to fit in a mojo?

Unread postby Rookie2conjure » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi!

I am trying to figure out how is it possible to fit 3 roots in a mojo bag. This mojo is intended to get respect at a job (not for me)

So I ordered and received Sampson snake root, whole master root, and gravel root from LM.

How am I suppose to fit these 3 roots in a bag? Can I break them in half? How do I use these roots? Also do I need to add the person ( needing to get respect and mastery) concern in the bag?

Thanks for helping me with this.

Much appreciated!
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
Rookie2conjure

Re: Cutting the roots in half to fit in a mojo?

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Rookie2conjure,

Either purchase small roots or break the roots. Purchasing a whole Master Root and breaking it is a terrible shame, in my opinion, as they are hard to get and EXPENSIVE in the whole form and are extremely useful in a special altar spell. Just purchase the root pieces instead.

I am merging this thread into the Master Root thread and if you scroll above, you will see earlier discussion on exactly this topic.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby pluto » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:30 am

Hi everyone,

I just got my whole master root by mail, but a few pieces have been broken off. My question is, does this diminish its power?

Thank you all in advance!
pluto

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:24 pm

They are fairly fragile, and they don;t keep forever (pieces do break off), but if you feel the root was damaged in shipping due to inadequate packaging, you should take a photo of it, email it to orders@luckymojo.com with the subject line "Item Broken in Shipment," and ask for a replacement. We replace damaged goods.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby pluto » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:48 am

Hi, thank you for a quick reply!

I doubt that it was damaged during shipping because it was handled by a customs officer - it attracted a lot of attention in the customs office and they wanted to keep it for a few weeks in order to determine whether it's allowed in our country of not... They took it in the back to examine it, and after a while they returned and decided I can have it, but I didn't notice whether it was broken or not at the time, I was too happy to have it at all.
Only three pieces (the long thin ones) have broken off, so if that hasn't diminished its power I'd still like to keep it so that I don't have to go through all the fuss again. So does it still have all the power?
And thank you again!

p.
pluto

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:01 am

My experience with Master Roots is that that are pretty damn strong. Especially the whole roots. I would start working with it and go from there. Do a quick divination to see if it is alright and ready to get working with you!

BOT-MAS-WRXL
Master Root, Whole Root, Extra large
$8.50

Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby pluto » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:42 am

Hi,
I'm not sure how to do a divination, I will look into that, but I did get attached to the root already, so I will use it and see how it goes.

Thank you!
pluto

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:23 pm

pluto: Great to hear of the attachment...I know how that goes! As for a divination, you could (if you feel comfortable doing so) do a quick pendulum, tarot card, or crystal ball/stone scrying to determine if the root is alright. It sounds like there is no longer a need for doing this however. Best of luck with your Master Root! :)
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Papa Newt » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:01 pm

Lucky Mojo has a great selection of Divination Books that will help you get into the practice of divining. Joseph made an excellent suggestion of using a Pedulum which is a fantastic divination tool. Make sure to also check out the book Pendulum Magic for Beginners by Richard Webster in the Occult Books and Pamphlets section.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!
Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread postby pluto » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:30 am

Thank you, Joseph M., that's great advice, I forgot all about that, it's been ages since I used tarot cards or anything like that, astrology was my main focus for a long time. I have to get me a new set though. Yes, when I was in the waiting room, I got a feeling that they will give me the root anyway because I really didn't want to leave it in their hands, and they did, so I feel like it's "mine". Also, a little broken and beat up but still here, it kinda reminds me of me :)

Papa Newt, thank you, I will definitely check these out - there is so much information on LM! I used a pendulum once when I was a school girl, and I got a distinct feeling that you have to really know how to do it and let your subconscious guide you, otherwise it's useless. Later I turned to Crowley's tarot cards, with which I had quite a lot of success with, so I think I'll turn to one of these two.
As for scrying, I think I'm not there yet, but I'll probably try it someday.

Thank you both!

P
pluto

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:38 pm

pluto: That is wonderful! Glad the root is with you and truly "yours!" Hope you get that new tarot set soon...
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby msnanda » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:10 pm

1) Could the large root actually sprout if planted, or is it dried too thoroughly to do so?

2) All plants that are used in rootwork are thoroughly dried, yes?

3) So...from the rootwork perspective, why would one want to use a dried root over a living root for work?

With gratitude....Ms.N
msnanda

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:12 pm

1) Nope; it's dried out.

2) Nope. A number of plants used in hoodoo are used live and on the plant or fresh, for instance in cooking. Buy a copy of "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" for details.

3) Temperate zone climate issues have led to the use of dried plant matter in Europe and North America.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Jimmy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:29 am

Hello to all. I recently received a beautiful extra large Master Root from LM. It will be an altar piece. Is there a traditional hoodoo way of preparing and using the whole Master Root on the altar? For example, naming the root for me, dressing it with Master Oil (or other oil), and setting it next to the work being done (candle, name paper, etc.)? I have looked through HHRM and HRCC books and the forum and remember only learning how to best use the Master Root chips. Hopefully I've not missed or overlooked something.

~Jimmy
~Jimmy
Jimmy

Unread postby natstein » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:58 am

Hello Jimmy,

It sounds to me like you know what you are doing! I would do all the things you mentioned doing and keep that root on your alter working away for you! You can always feed your root every so often as well with some more Master oil. Keep up the good work and let us know how that root helps your rootworking!

Peace~

Nathen
natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:33 am

Jimmy

I am looking at my main altar right now and what you described is exactly how I have used my giant Master Root since I acquired him. I bought a small rectangular dish that perfectly fits the length of the root and keep it on there always. Once a week I will breathe my breath onto him, talk to him, and reapply Master Root Oil. I have a name paper for myself, that has my blood on it, folded into a tiny square and woven into the "leg" roots of the my Master Root. Powerful work. I wish you good luck with yours.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Jimmy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:38 am

Thank you, Joseph and Nathen, for the feedback. It's good to know that I'm on track with applying hoodoo the way it is intended.

~Jimmy
~Jimmy
Jimmy

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:39 am

Jmmy: So far, so good. Seems like you are well on your way to approaching Hoodoo in a traditional and respectful way. Keep it up.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Dave71us » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:39 pm

Throughout this thread I've noticed people mention "working with the root".

Does this mean feeding it with master root oil? If so how often?

I understand how its presence could enhance work done on an altar for example. But is it enough to just leave it there or should it be dressed with oils and worked to magnify its power even further?

Do these roots have to be woken up? If so when I receive my whole master root what should I do with it to ensure its continued vigor?
Dave71us

PostThis post was deleted by Miss Aida on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:17 pm.

Unread postby Papa Newt » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:27 pm

Hi Dave71us,

If you are planning to work with a Whole Master Root on your altar for empowerment then it would be best to interact with it. Maybe once a month you go spend time pray over it and feed the work. You can give it a little Master Oil and/or smoke it with Master Incense.

As for the question to waking up the root, I am one will speak and welcome the new Root or Herb when they arrive. This plant spirit is an ally, and over time a working relationship grows stronger and stronger.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!
Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Dave71us » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:55 pm

My LM master root curio arrived today. Once again, I am blown away with the quality of these products. This thing is huge, and it will go on my altar. loking it over it has a face! It looks like the green man with a big smile on his face
I dressed the root with master oil and woke it up in the name of the father son and Holy Ghost and asked it for its service in Jesus' name.
It is customary to name these roots? If so, how does one choose a name?
Do you use your own name?
Dave71us

Unread postby Miss Aida » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:31 pm

Hello, Dave71us ,

Yes, I name mine. This is my baby. This is a Spirit that I will care for and it will care for me

Would I name my baby after myself? No. I'd give it a name that suits booth the root and me.

Name it from your heart. How about: "Smiley6"??

Take care
Miss Aida

Unread postby Dave71us » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:43 pm

Miss Aida,
Thank you so much for your fabulous answer. Smiley6....we'll see. ;)
Dave71us

Unread postby Dave71us » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:26 pm

Update

Smiley6, the master root that resides on my dresser top altar, is working beautifully!!!
Yesterday, I gave a great presentation that caught the eye of several of my superiors. It was nothing I planned. It just came out....masterfully.
I have been feeding him regularly with master oil. After yesterday, he got a litt jack Daniels #7. :D

The John the conqueror root that also resides on my altar (I call him big John) is likewise working over time. I dress him with joy the conqueror oil, nature oil and JD #7. My sex drive is in over drive. Also, I have never smelled any cologne that smells better than that root does. I wish I could bottle that scent. It's awesome.

The baculum I ordered, or Boner as I call him, is also dressed with nature oil. No complaints in that department either.

One thing I've learned from working with these LM products is that you have to do the work. You can't just take a curio and expect it to work miracles sitting on a shelf or in a drawer. I feel like I have a real symbiotic relationship with the spirits of these roots and curios. The oils also have really helped.

I am careful to thank the spirits and give them the respect and reverence they deserve.

Thanks LM once again.
Dave71us

Unread postby Miss Athena » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Hi Dave71us,

How wonderful! I am so happy that you are getting such positive results, and also wish to thank you for the reminder that you have to put in the work yourself. Nothing is more powerful than your own effort and intent when it comes to spell work, and your success is a testimony to that fact.

Great job, and much continued good luck!
HRCC #1909G
Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

PostThis post was deleted by Miss Aida on Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:31 pm.
Reason: test post

Unread postby Innocence » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:07 pm

I have a beautiful Master root from LM that I use as an altar piece. I accidentally broke one of the pieces on it today, I don't feel I should glue it back. I apologized to my root for being so rough but what do I do with the piece that broke off? Thanks!
Innocence

Unread postby Cassius » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:33 pm

Mojo bag or Master oil, perhaps?
Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look;
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.
Cassius

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:42 pm

Those are good ideas that Cassius has. If you have a coffee grinder, you could grind the piece up and add it to an herb mix or a sachet powder as well.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Spiritual_Mama » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:52 am

My master root has developed white mold on it. I had been feeding him regularly till i noticed the white mold yesterday. I don't know what happened. Is it symbolic? Should I discard him (via proper burial) or continue using?
Thank you Lord God, Master, St. Expedite and St. Joseph
Spiritual_Mama

Unread postby Sister Jean » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:59 pm

Hello Spiritual_Mama,

Does the root feel alive or dead to you? You could try using a pendulum above it to see if the root is still alive. If it is, you could try washing it off with whiskey and letting it dry completely, and see if the mold comes back. If the root feels dead, I'd say it would be best to just thank it for its service and give it a proper burial.

P.S. Where are you storing your root? The presence of mold makes me think there's moisture around it. You'll want to keep it in a dry place.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org
Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread postby Spiritual_Mama » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:59 pm

Hello Sister Jean,

The master root is on my altar in the bedroom. He is placed on the dry green cloth. I'll do the divination and find out if he is alive or dead.
Thank you so much for your reply.
Spiritual_Mama

Unread postby Spiritual_Mama » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:49 am

Quick Update: After a divination, my Master root is alive. I'll wash him with whiskey and see how it goes.
Spiritual_Mama

Unread postby thee_mystique » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:37 pm

Good evening,
Quick question: what would be the alternative for master root when working with ancestors? I tried to order some from LM but it's out of stock. :shock: Conjure Man Ali once mentioned a brewed tea of star anise, bay leaves, florida water and master root regarding working with ancestors on a previous LMHR Hour show...are there any alternatives? Thanks in advance!
thee_mystique

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:13 pm

Hello, thee_mystique,

Look in the category of "Psychic (General, Remote Contact) / Prophecy / Dreams" on this page:

www.luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html

Wishing you the best

Take care
Miss Aida

Unread postby Grasshopper » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:02 am

If you can't obtain master root, I'd just use master of the woods instead.
Grasshopper

Unread postby Sister Jean » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:00 am

Hello Grasshopper,

Master of the Woods is a commanding herb, just as Master Root is a commanding root, however, enhancing power is not the only thing Master Root is used for. It's also an aid to psychicism, so if someone was doing spellwork for that purpose, Master of the Woods would not be a suitable substitute for Master Root. You can read more about both these herbs here:

http://herb-magic.com/master-of-the-woods.html
http://herb-magic.com/master-root.html
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org
Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread postby Grasshopper » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:26 pm

Sister Jean,

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. While Master of the Woods isn't a traditional psychic herb, it does provide mastery and skill in whatever kind of spell work it's used in. Master of the Woods can be used to bolster skill in psychic work if it's mixed with Bay Leaves and Star Anise (two traditional psychic herbs). However, I would use Master Root if it's available instead of Master of the Woods.
Grasshopper

Unread postby Miss Aida » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:02 pm

I'm wondering what Master Key has in it...

www.luckymojo.com/oil-master-key.html

Master Key increases occult mastery. Am wondering if it has Master of the Woods in it and/or Master root?

BUT.....

That is a secret we will Never learn!!
Miss Aida

Unread postby Mztyk Kreation » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:24 am

Hello I wanted to purchase some master root but its says discontinued or out of stock, I was wondering if this is actually discontinued? TIA!
Mztyk Kreation

Unread postby Miss Aida » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:09 pm

Hello, Mztyk Kreation ,

They are out of stock, I believe.

Please call the shop and they will give you further information on when they will expect more to arrive

Take care
Miss Aida

Unread postby HidingInSight » Thu May 17, 2018 12:13 am

So,

I have this idea....

I want to try out Rune Divination. I'm aware of the combination book and set you guys sell. BUT what I am thinking is MAYBE:

Buying one or two whole Master Roots and taking them to a high powered ban saw or a Dremel saw and slicing it and cutting out 24 squares or circles and using those for Runes once I'd mark or burn the symbols/letters in them.

I was also thinking of dressing them with my Master Key Psychic Vision Spirit Guide Power oil blend before using them each time. I also was considering lighting a purple candle to additionally feed the spirit of the root made runes while casting them.

Am I sliding off the chair or am I on to something?

HidingInSight
HidingInSight

Unread postby RevJames » Thu May 17, 2018 10:46 am

Hidinginsight -

Thats not a terrible Idea I don't think, HOWEVER, if you've seen master root chips and pieces (or a whole master root) the bottom part has twisted spindly "finger-like" ends and this could make up a large part of the root meaning when you cut it it would just come out similar to the chips and pieces you could buy. What I'm saying is it may take more than one or two and LM may not have the stock (as the whole root seems to be hard to come by), though you could ask.

An alternative for you could be to use solomon seal(Wisdom and to make wise decisions). At least the last time I ordered it, it came in long flat slivers (to put in window seals for protection), even though the picture shows a few chunks and a sliver - http://www.herbmagic.com/solomons-seal-root.html. Cut these into equal sized squares (from my pieces, might make 3-4 square pieces per sliver) and woodburn into these the rune symbols. You might even be able to get away with one bag, but two should give you enough plus a few for spares.

This is all hypothetical, and dependent upon various circumstances so It might be best to call the store and verify that A. they would have the stock in Master Root that has sufficient thick non-spindly root tops and that those can be requested when you order. and B. that they have the flat long slivers of solomon seal still available should the Master root route not be available.

Hope this helps with your project!
Matthew 17:20
RevJames

Next

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork