Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Tarot, Tarocchi, Tarock Card Reading Questions and Answers

How to select and employ Lucky Mojo divination tools, and how to learn fortune telling in the Hoodoo and Conjure tradition.
Miss Athena
Site Admin
Re: Tarot, Tarocchi, Tarock Card Reading Questions and Answers

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi landsgenesis2,

I think you're getting in your own way here. You got two readings, they both gave you the same answer ("yes") and yet you weren't satisfied and decided to ask your own cards the very same question.

And you now want to know if Spirit would be annoyed by this repetition? What do you think?

If someone asked you a question and you gave them a qualified answer, consider how you would feel if they went on and asked again and you repeated your answer, but still they sought out a third opportunity to ask you the same question. Sounds like they didn't trust your first answer. Or your second one. Would you want to answer them a third time? No, you would not.

Asking the same question over and over is a sign of disrespect and mistrust. Spirit doesn't like it any more than you would. Unless your situation has changed between readings, ask once and trust the response.

There is also a thing as getting too many readings. You're creating your own anxiety, which is avoidable if you would relax, exhale and have faith in the message you are getting...the first time.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Administrator

landsgenesis2

Unread post by landsgenesis2 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:06 am

Miss Athena,

I appreciate your response Miss Athena, and the candor in which it was shared. All that's left to do now is pray for forgiveness, and as nothing appears to have changed in this situation, pray also that the initial answers are the same even stretched till today until the end of this ordeal.

I do have, not to be out of order in the least, some problems with general anxiety which has been the cause for clinical concern, in addition to compulsive tendencies.

I'll ask Spirit in the way of forgiveness to consider this as I move forward from here on out. And I'll pray to Spirit and ask to be guided by my ancestors in ways which satisfy the expectations of Spirit.

All I can do now is pray, wait, ask for forgiveness, NOT get another reading, have faith in the first two answers I received, and understand that Spirit knew my intentions were not in the vein of disrespect, but of an exciting confirmation.

I now know, Miss Athena, what to do and what not to do in the future based on your wonderfully honest, firm, yet kind reply. Thanks :)
I will utter dark sayings of old: Which we have heard and known and our fathers have told us.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Hello again landsgenesis2,

I appreciate your reply, thank you.

You said you are having issues with clinical anxiety. I hope you are working with a qualified mental health professional to help you address this situation. To provide spiritual backup for that work, you can put some althaea and eucalyptus into a small white flannel bag and pin it to your pillow for calming, restful sleep at night.
http://www.herbmagic.com/althaea-root.html
http://www.herbmagic.com/eucalyptus.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocattools.html - scroll down this page and you will find flannel bags to suit this purpose

Also, read through the following thread for other spellwork you could do to address anxiety:
spells-for-anxiety-disorder-panic-disor ... 29425.html

But please make sure you are in the hands of a qualified medical professional to help you.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

landsgenesis2

Unread post by landsgenesis2 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Thank you for the backup spiritual work Miss Athena :) . This will be immensely helpful! --; and will the thread be. Work with a health care team is underway and progressing well with a dual modality of sorts.

And to the original question and dilemma I placed myself into, prayers have been sent up as well as water drank having been consecrated with bay leaves and Psalms; something within told me to pray Psalms over water and ingest it after speaking my heart to Spirit in Jesus name for forgiveness for what I had done and a hopeful right result -- whatever Spirit's will.
I will utter dark sayings of old: Which we have heard and known and our fathers have told us.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:49 pm

Hi landsgenesis2,

You're very welcome. No need to beat yourself up with contrition. Spirit is very forgiving, so just relax in good faith and trust in your success.

Good luck.

terra_rising
HRCC Student

Unread post by terra_rising » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:37 pm

I see that there is a Grand Etteilla deck for sale in the shop. I have the same deck but the cards are so different then normal tarot cards, I haven't had much success reading with them. Do you know of any books that could help? Most of them seem to be in French and before I dive into google translate, I'd like to see if anyone else has had success learning them. Thank you!

LostInThought

Unread post by LostInThought » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:34 am

Hi,

I was just wondering whether your emotional state when reading tarot can make a difference? I'm new to this but have found that the cards are usually pretty accurate and easy to interpret. However today, in an emotional state, after some bad news, I picked up my cards and they were all really negative. My immediate thought was to trust them since they've not been wrong so far but then I remembered reading about how some people have issues with pendulums telling them what they want to hear. Could the cards perhaps not have been telling me what I want to hear, but what my fears are? If so, how do you differentiate? Could it mean that previously, when I've drawn very positive cards, it's also because of my positive state of mind?

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:05 pm

LostInThought,

Reading for ones self presents a challenge, if not proves nearly impossible, for just about every reader I've ever known..

Reading in an emotional state is one of a few different ways one to get questionable results. Some times we just want to hear what we want to hear and eho gets in the way. If we have not trained ourselves to read ourselves objectively then confirmation bias creeps in or somewhere in our hearts we know that the results we received just can't be right and obsession activates. We begin to pull and pull or do spread after spread until we get something we like.

It's not impossible and there are those who do it successfully. Try anointing your third eye region with clarity oil the next time you attempt and also try to get out of "self"
The Future is in Your Hands,

Dr. Keith Darensbourg, Ch.D
Correspondence Course Graduate #2132G

LostInThought

Unread post by LostInThought » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:50 pm

Thanks but could the actual cards which come out be affected by someones emotional state? Like with a pendulum, you may want the answer to be 'yes' so badly that it says yes anyway. Could you potentially draw a spread of negative cards because you are feeling so negative?

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:24 pm

In my experience what you described only occurs when using the tarot for self-assesment in which case it would be a psychological phenomenon. I have never heard of this happening nor experienced it, when using the tarot for divination.

You know what they say, "the cards never lie". The cards are telling you exactly what you need to know. In such an emotional state, however, that can be very hard to decipher.
The Future is in Your Hands,

Dr. Keith Darensbourg, Ch.D
Correspondence Course Graduate #2132G

Sleepwalkeravocado
Newly Registered
Question about a online reading

Unread post by Sleepwalkeravocado » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:10 pm

Today I ask a online tarot reading of my ex was coming back and I got this I have no idea what it means if it a yes or no and also I like to ask the cards to see , please if anyone can help me figure this out, here are my cards I got in order to the question will we be together again!

Past : Hermat
Present: ace of swords
Future: 8 of cups
What to expect : 6 of pentacles
Influence:5 of swords
Hopes:ace of pentacles
Outcome: 3 of cups

Miss Athena
Site Admin
Re: Question about a online reading

Unread post by Miss Athena » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:21 pm

Hi Sleepwalkeravocado,

I'm sorry but we do not do free card readings on the forum. If you want a better interpretation of your cards, you can schedule a reading with a qualified reader from the following links:
www.readersandrootworkers.org/
www.hoodoopsychics.com

Also, please do not start new topics on the forum. I have moved your post to the correct discussion area on tarot reading.

Good luck.

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Divination Tools, Tarot Cards, Pendulums, Crystal Balls, and Spirit Boards”