Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

HRCC: Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course

How to take cat's Correspondence Course, plus news about Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Workshops, Apprenticeships, and Parties.
Cindylouwho808

Re: HRCC: Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course

Unread post by Cindylouwho808 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:31 am

Thank you so much for your response Catherine. Your absolutely correct in that if a practitioner is not familiar with what these spells look like (curse,hex,jinx), they wouldn't be able to properly diagnose such a condition for themselves or others. I never even bothered to look at from this perspective of thinking. I have always felt drawn to conjure, but have struggled greatly with how I was taught to view such things. I do see myself becoming a practitioner at some point, but I feel that I first must answer questions within myself. I hope that makes sense. As some say, when the student is ready, the teacher will appear. I have the utmost respect for how you choose to pass along the things you were taught as it shows great respect and reverence to those who taught you. Thank you for providing a much needed perspective in learning all aspects of rootwork and conjure. 🙏

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:49 am

This is just a simple reminder to all Forum users who are also current students or past graduates of the Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course:

You probably know this already, because i tell it to every prospective student during our interview time together, but ... once you sign up as a student you will have access to the private student / graduate portion of the Forum, where more than 7,000 posts from the year 2003 to the present reside, most of them dealing with material published in the course book or contingent to the homework.

If you are a student or graduate, then your Forum permissions should have been set so that when you log in, you can see, read, and post within the private sub-forum.

If you are a student or graduate and CANNOT see, read, or post within the private sub-forum, please contact nagasiva yronwode and ask him to help.

At the present time, the best way to contact him would either be through his personal account at Facebook (if you are his friend there) or through this Forum message thread:

Trouble Posting / Cannot Post
trouble-posting-cannot-post-t102.html

Hoping to see all of my new students and my old, as well as the past graduates in the students and grads sub-forum!
catherine yronwode

DannyN

Unread post by DannyN » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:49 am

I will surely consider enrolling for this curse in due time.
But the issue is that I live in Africa. How do you reconcile :
Sending over assignments
Mailing finished assignments to you

There may seem to be obvious bottlenecks here

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:58 am

DannyN

Unless you have a trans-shipper, it would be impossible for you to take the course from a nation to which we do not ship. The prerequisites include a large quantity of specific herbs, oils, incenses, powders, bath crystals, minerals, roots, and books -- with a total retail value of about $200.00, to be purchased in at least four lots, over a four-month (or longer) time span. After that, there is an interview (no problem, regardless of location), and then the course book itself must be shipped.
catherine yronwode

Rose_joy

Unread post by Rose_joy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:25 pm

I have just signed up for the Correspondence course!!! Looking forward to my book!!! and Learning....I will also be driving up on Saturday from Bay Area to check out the store, and perhaps meet few people.

I am excited!! :-D

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:14 pm

Hello, Rose_Joy,

I wish i knew who you were, but your user-name doesn't ring a bell and i can't find anyone in my database who has the email you used to sign up here. I do remember your posts here recently, and i do not recall getting to know a prospective student with that life situation.

However, if you are a student of mine, please contact nagasiva on Facebook or via email, as would have been explained to you when we had our pre-course interview, and let him know your student number so you can post your introduction in the private student group here at the forum and get your Student Practitioner avatar. Thanks.

See you on Saturday.
catherine yronwode

Rose_joy

Unread post by Rose_joy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:35 am

Ms. cat, I just bought the course online 3 days ago. I have not started yet, I am only looking forward to next steps and start the course.

After the course has been purchased, I thought I’ll get to speak with you to get admitted etc.

I have some of your books as well, I am following your guidance in them. I also read tarot card and listen to you show in podcast. I really enjoy it!!

I am sorry for misunderstanding that you thought I was already a student, I am not. But I am looking forward to it, since I paied for it online. Hope this helps!!! You can check the order for 1 course under intials N K to Fremont, Ca shipping.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:33 pm

Rose_joy --

Prospective students cannot actually buy the course book until i interview them and we agree on terms and conditions. The order button will work, but the card won't be charged. I only enroll students whom i know by name and have spoken with and developed a connection to. Have you made all of the required purchases? Are we friends on Facebook? If not, try me for friendship is a good way to start. Thanks!
catherine yronwode

Rose_joy

Unread post by Rose_joy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:04 pm

Ms Cat

I went on your facebook page, however I cannot send you a friends request. However, I have sent request to follow you on FB.

I will be visiting tomorrow to your shop, hope to met you then. Thanks!

Rose_joy

Unread post by Rose_joy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:19 pm

Also, Ms. cat - a while back I had taken course in Earth magick in UK. I have basic knowledge of herbs, candles, oils, crystals, Astrology, runes, basic love, freezer and honey spells. I also know tarot card reading, lenormand card reading and learning angle cards.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:51 pm

Hi, folks --

This week, nagasiva and i have been going over the list of people who have stated that they want to take my course.

We started with 40 names on the list, and we have been checking off who has purchased what, who has become a member of this forum, and who has dropped off the list due to lack of contact or failure to purchase the required books and supplies after one year without contact.

Our software and database programming updates have streamlined the process -- THANK YOU NAGAIVA! -- and we are reaching out by phone and email to every person on the Prospective Clients list.

To all of you who have been thinking about about taking the course, there is no better time than this to move forward with your plans.

Thank you too, all my students, for making this program possible.
catherine yronwode

Desert Lavender

Unread post by Desert Lavender » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:50 am

'm interested in taking your hoodoo course. I have been involved in craft-related activities and herb work all of my life, and have been drawn to and studying hoodoo the past year. I've been reading tarot for awhile, and am now learning to read and to scry regular playing cards. I am particularly interested in scrying and also doll work -- helping people from a distance when they might not be able, or feel comfortable, attending ceremony.

I'm working through the requirements for your course and hope to apply in the spring.

Edward T
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Edward T » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:40 am

Desert Lavender
You will enjoy the course. I hope things workout for you.
Enjoy this day. Edward T
HRCC Graduate #1985 -- Forum Moderator

AceJay

Unread post by AceJay » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:57 am

Hello Cat! My name is Jesse Rodriguez and I’ve been studying and making all the required purchases. The only purchase I have left is the course book. I hope you add me to that list! I tried to add you a long time ago to Facebook but it wouldn’t let me and so I’m following you instead. I did add Nagasiva but he said I’d want to speak to you instead. If you like, we can arrange that though not sure what are the best steps here.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi, Jesse!

You have indeed been added to the prospective students list. I do not see, however, that you have made all of the required purchases. For instance, i do not see that you ordered Chinese Wash, a packet of repelling / harmful incense powders, or an herb mixture, et cetera. Is it possible that you have two client records that ought to be merged? I show 40 customers in the city in which you live...

RSVP!
catherine yronwode

AceJay

Unread post by AceJay » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:22 pm

Thanks for checking, possibly because I placed the order yesterday that you may not see it, also I don't believe my card was charged yet, I only have one account. Order number 110795 is a really big order including Chinese wash, the herb mix, bath crystals... I may be at a lack of incense powders though, I have crown of success and John the conqueror. I'll put that order in when I order the book, got to wait for some cash flow first. I love incense, if I spend too much time shopping for incense here I may end up with a whole lot of incense and no book! lol. So happy to have ended up at LM, you made my journey a lot shorter! Let me know if I'm missing anything specific.

AceJay

Unread post by AceJay » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:29 pm

So I made the list woohoo! If I buy the course book and the remaining items what am I supposed to do next? I know you still need to meet me, I guess I'll save you the click clack of the keyboard since you'll probably explain it to me when we meet virtually. By the way I'd love to take a trip to see you in person and the rest of the crew.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:27 pm

Hi, Acejay -- Once your order is downloaded and charged. we will see where you are at. The way it works is you first buy all of the required materials and the required reading books. You cannot and should not order the course book yet -- it just gets in the way of the flow. We will track your progress, and when you have all of the requirements met, you and i will talk for about an hour, and then you can make your final decision to order the course book. See full details here:

http://luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

And thanks for your interest.
catherine yronwode

AceJay

Unread post by AceJay » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:59 pm

Understood! By the way I want to personally thank you and anyone else who contributed to the priceless information you have on your site. Thank you for taking the time.

FiachnaRose
HRCC Student

Unread post by FiachnaRose » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:21 am

How exciting! :) I hope I am up for consideration, and just wanted to poke my head in to say "Me, please!"

I'd just like to say that I do have all of the recommended reading books and have been studying away, as well as trying out all the supplies I've purchased. I know I'm still a relative newbie to the forum, though, and am enjoying getting to know everyone and learning from the group.

Thank you for your time and consideration, Miss cat!
Fiachna "Fia" Rose
HRCC Student #2163

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:34 pm

Hello, FiachnaRose --

We seem to have a problem tracking you in our database. This is no big deal as far as regular customer service and order fulfillment, but it makes it impossible to follow what you have purchased in terms of required materials. We have

Client #E72785 first ordered on 6/1/2015
Client #E87142 first ordered on 7/31/2018

one email
one phone number
two billing names / two shipping names = a total of three different names
two street addresses
two cities
one state

I am pretty sure that both of these are you -- but i cannot merge the records until i know that they are both you, and which is your actual name and address. Did you recently legally change your name when you renewed your credit card?

Just sign me,

"Very Confused in Forestville"
catherine yronwode

FiachnaRose
HRCC Student

Unread post by FiachnaRose » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Miss cat, I did recently change my name, a couple of years back, and didn't even think about that causing a problem, but duh! My apologies!

On my online account, I see my 2015 orders and 2018 orders together, so I just assumed you had me under Fia/Fiachna Rose for everything. So sorry for the confusion!

Both of those clients are me :). The Beaverton, OR address is the current, correct one, and Fiachna Rose is my legal name (and Fia is the short version.)

I hope that helps clarify, but please don't hesitate to email if you need anything else cleared up. Thank you so much!
Fiachna "Fia" Rose
HRCC Student #2163

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:01 pm

Okay -- got it! I merged the two accounts, marked you as a prospective student, and worked out your purchases on our "course check-off list" in the database. You have purchased everything except the books directly from us, and i presume you bought those online / elsewhere, because you say you have them.

Next step. Please contact the shop during business hours and ask for a course interview appointment. It will be on a Monday or Tuesday, 4:00 PM Pacific Time unless you need a different time. I don;t know what dates are still open in October, but Niki can look up on the calendar. I look forward to speaking with you.
catherine yronwode

FiachnaRose
HRCC Student

Unread post by FiachnaRose » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:58 am

Yay, thank you so much!!!

I look forward to speaking with you, too! :D
Fiachna "Fia" Rose
HRCC Student #2163

AceJay

Unread post by AceJay » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:23 am

@Catherine, Hi! Just friendly checking in since my last big order, to know if I'm missing anything. No rush. I'm actually enjoying my time before the course, I got creative and started taking notes using OneNote, it's extremely useful especially thanks to it's search feature.

@FiachnaRose, I think we will be taking the course at the same time when ever that is, I hope we can work together and learn from each other!

FiachnaRose
HRCC Student

Unread post by FiachnaRose » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:06 am

@AceJay Fingers crossed! :D *high five*
Fiachna "Fia" Rose
HRCC Student #2163

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:54 pm

AceJay --

Here is what you still need:

IPD -- repelling, harmful, or vengeful
SPD -- repelling, harmful, or vengeful
Resin Incense
Charcoal
And be my friend on Facebook (if you are not already)

Very close!
catherine yronwode

AceJay

Unread post by AceJay » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:16 am

Hello Catherine, thanks for looking! Please tell me how to add you to Facebook, I've tried and the button is greyed out. I think Facebook does this on purpose because it knows we don't know each other? Facebook is holding me back from making friends :(

Sorry, what is SPD/IPD?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:46 pm

AceJay,

I believe IPD is incense powder and SPD is Sachet Powder. The resin incense burns on the charcoal.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:52 pm

Dear AceJay,

JayDee is correct. When you receive a shipment from us, your invoice / packing list is included, and the SKU code for each item is recordedin with the quantity. IPD-HOO-xxx comprises the Hoodoo Incense Powders. SPD-HOO-xxx comprises the Hoodoo Sachet Powders. And so it goes.

If you scroll down our Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Complete Inventory page --

http://www.luckymojo.com/lucky-mojo-inventory.html

-- you will see all of our SKUs in alphabetical order, with full names and prices!
catherine yronwode

AceJay

Unread post by AceJay » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:41 am

Thanks all, I just now placed another big order, we should be good now. Though I'm still not sure how to add you on FB.

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Catherine's Correspondence Course and Apprenticeship Program”